More Seats, Less Legroom as American Adds Seats on Planes

Jun 13, 2013 Read more: WETM-TV Elmira

American Airlines expects to add more seats to some of its planes, which could mean less leg room for passengers.

Read more

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#1 Jun 13, 2013
Airlines add seats for the obvious reason - they can sell more tickets that way. But it usually results in less leg room for passengers.
USUALLY.. An aircraft is a finite space. If you add seats you WILL lose legroom. Unless you take something else out. 737 rear galley is also the emergency exit... Those will not get smaller..Not sure they make a smaller lavatory module. That's it, I'm out of ideas... Only idiots would shrink first class. What saves the current execs at AA from doing that is THEY sit up there. Please tell me this time you'll be doing work in house or contracting out to a company that knows how to properly move and reinstall seats
Shawna Lawrence

United States

#2 Jun 21, 2013
People say they want more space but they're not willing to pay extra for it.
angry white united pilot

United States

#3 Jun 21, 2013
is that where the airline is going segregate the negros?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boeing 737 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Direct flights between Orlando and Havana, Cuba... Fri Orlando Zapata 8
News Orlando International Airport adds flights to Cuba Apr 11 _Learsi 3
News Hillary Clinton's email scandal sure fits the '... Mar '15 Le Jimbo 17
News Southwest grounding 128 planes over missed insp... Mar '15 asfg 3
News New route linking Dublin to Nova Scotia, Canada Jan '15 snowman 1
News Now departing: AirTran Airways flies off into t... Jan '15 Peoples Distress ... 2
News Boeing Beats Airbus: On Orders, Deliveries... a... Dec '14 craigjkt1 2
More from around the web