Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson's e...

Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson's estate over royalties, producer credit on 'This Is It'

There are 25 comments on the Nanaimo Daily News story from Oct 25, 2013, titled Quincy Jones sues Michael Jackson's estate over royalties, producer credit on 'This Is It'. In it, Nanaimo Daily News reports that:

Quincy Jones sued Michael Jackson's estate on Friday claiming he is owed millions in royalties and production fees on some of the superstar's greatest hits.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nanaimo Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#1 Oct 25, 2013
Poor Quincy. He actually cared enough about Pedo Pan to tell him to stop hanging around little boys, to stop visiting the plastic surgeon's office, and to go to therapy. About all Pedo Pan did was spit in his face.

“Waiting for f'loons to wake up”

Since: Dec 06

Goofybaboon's Not Listening

#2 Oct 25, 2013
Giving Katho ideas, Q. Shameful. lol
maye belle

Palmerston North, New Zealand

#3 Oct 25, 2013
mj spoke highly of quincy..y quincy wait till he learns mj the highest paid dead celebrity, he wants a cut of mks rich pie? he wont get a taste lol
Robin

Memphis, TN

#4 Oct 25, 2013
Greed for money brings out the worst in people and this geezer parasite is no exception.

Since: Jun 13

Fuquay Varina, NC

#5 Oct 25, 2013
Reminds me of the John Landis suit a few years back when MJ was still alive. They did cheapen Quincy's productions and if he's not getting paid and has not agreed to this, I'm rooting for him to win this lawsuit. That's not fair to him. He had a lot to do with why those three albums musically mattered, Off the Wall and Thriller mainly.
Mr Giblets

Epsom, UK

#7 Oct 26, 2013
why else did Quincy and many others stop working for the Freak?

Because
a. He didn't pay them
b. They didn't want to associate with a pedo who actually brought boys into the studio.

his eatste will be paying out for the next 20 years. It owes over $800,000,000 to the IRS!
FOREVER MICHAEL

London, UK

#8 Oct 26, 2013
Here we go again.Michael,would really be proud of
The lot of you (NOT) its all about$$$money
Nobody can leave this poor guy in peace
They took from him when he was alive.and still taking from him now.Michael always spoke highly
Of quincy Jones.you know who your friends are
Michael wrote most of the songs.quincy added bits and pieces to them.Michael was the genius.and was the genius in everything he did.Michael was so generous.and gave to so many people.and this is the way this wonderful mans treated.. you cant blame Michael for being angry from time to time
He deserves respect.just like he gave everybody else. He was just used by so many.so called friends..the only thing the estate could do is release.some of Michaels unrealeased songs.and bring the concerts out on official release on blu ray
Maybe make a film about his life.that MJ was going to do anyway before what happened.do a play in broadway.this is what he wanted.start thinking about MJ rather then yourself.and how much pleasure he gave the world
He was the sweetest person.and just a caring and wonderful man.
Cujo

Union, NJ

#9 Oct 26, 2013
FOREVER MICHAEL wrote:
Michael wrote most of the songs.quincy added bits and pieces to them.Michael was the genius.and was the genius in everything he did.
Pedo Pan stole a lot of the credit. You stupid fscking f'loons will believe any lie.

Since: Jun 13

Fuquay Varina, NC

#10 Oct 26, 2013
Quincy is entitled to his royalties. It's a shame the estate (and Sony) has neglected him.

For years, it was MJ who told people that he hated Sony, even saying "Sony sucks" but he was really in cahoots with those folks, he just wanted to get rid of Tommy Motolla because Motolla wouldn't promote "Invincible" without MJ. MJ had told Motolla before its release that he was leaving the company and not focused on promoting the album. Because of this, Motolla refused to promote the album by his lonesome after wasting $30 million promoting it and MJ probably paid a lot of money for studio time between 1998 and 2001 recording it.

But anyway, Quincy was the perfect producer for someone like MJ, whose own method of doing music was more unorthodox and bizarre anyway. "This Is It" made a lot of money as has the musical plays made about MJ. I'm sure Quincy was planning this for years before he announced the lawsuit.$10 million is low for an album that sold over 50 million copies worldwide, so I say to MJ's estate and Sony: pay up.

Also little known fact from Walter Yetnikoff: MJ tried to get Quincy's name eliminated from the Grammy credit as producer because he claimed "I produced it". The Grammy committee refused of course. MJ was such a prima donna man...

“Best voice ever !”

Since: Mar 09

Devil's Hole

#11 Oct 26, 2013
Sounds like the dead pedofreak was a real scum !!

It doesn't surprise me !!!

The dead freak deserved to be jailed for life.

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#12 Oct 26, 2013
Quincy is owed money. The deadbeat Jackson's need to pay up. Make it so.
Robin

Ashburn, VA

#13 Oct 27, 2013
Mr Giblets wrote:
why else did Quincy and many others stop working for the Freak?
Because
a. He didn't pay them
b. They didn't want to associate with a pedo who actually brought boys into the studio.
his eatste will be paying out for the next 20 years. It owes over $800,000,000 to the IRS!
MJ always paid him. By reading the article you would see this is for compensation arising from edits and lack of credit work that was produced after MJ died.

“Best voice ever !”

Since: Mar 09

Devil's Hole

#15 Oct 27, 2013
BillyDaKid09 wrote:
Quincy is owed money. The deadbeat Jackson's need to pay up. Make it so.
Welcome back billydakid !

“Best voice ever !”

Since: Mar 09

Devil's Hole

#16 Oct 27, 2013
Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
You blame a dead guy for the actions his estate supposedly took after his death?
What an odd place, I clicked it to maybe see a rare fan video of MJs wonderful music and end up seeing this type of idiocy.
Led Zepplin was great in the 70's, why don't you scurry off to a Zep forum and leave MJs musical legacy to HIS fans?
I guess some cant find happiness without tearing others apart because of jealous tendencies.
At least I'm a Smooth Subliminal Criminal.
What ?

“Best voice ever !”

Since: Mar 09

Devil's Hole

#19 Oct 27, 2013
Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean what? Is english not your first language?
What ?
FOREVER MICHAEL

UK

#21 Oct 27, 2013
Subliminal Criminal wrote:
<quoted text>
You blame a dead guy for the actions his estate supposedly took after his death?
What an odd place, I clicked it to maybe see a rare fan video of MJs wonderful music and end up seeing this type of idiocy.
Led Zepplin was great in the 70's, why don't you scurry off to a Zep forum and leave MJs musical legacy to HIS fans?
I guess some cant find happiness without tearing others apart because of jealous tendencies.
At least I'm a Smooth Subliminal Criminal.
I completely agree with this
Back to your shrek led zepp forum,and Robert no talent plant forum..and Leave Michael to his fans who Just adore him.just leave the poor man alone
He has never done anything to any of you
So Leave my MJ alone.Leave my little angel in
Peace.give this wonderful man some respect.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#22 Oct 27, 2013
BadMan84 wrote:
Quincy is entitled to his royalties. It's a shame the estate (and Sony) has neglected him.
For years, it was MJ who told people that he hated Sony, even saying "Sony sucks" but he was really in cahoots with those folks, he just wanted to get rid of Tommy Motolla because Motolla wouldn't promote "Invincible" without MJ. MJ had told Motolla before its release that he was leaving the company and not focused on promoting the album. Because of this, Motolla refused to promote the album by his lonesome after wasting $30 million promoting it and MJ probably paid a lot of money for studio time between 1998 and 2001 recording it.
But anyway, Quincy was the perfect producer for someone like MJ, whose own method of doing music was more unorthodox and bizarre anyway. "This Is It" made a lot of money as has the musical plays made about MJ. I'm sure Quincy was planning this for years before he announced the lawsuit.$10 million is low for an album that sold over 50 million copies worldwide, so I say to MJ's estate and Sony: pay up.
Also little known fact from Walter Yetnikoff: MJ tried to get Quincy's name eliminated from the Grammy credit as producer because he claimed "I produced it". The Grammy committee refused of course. MJ was such a prima donna man...
Somehow, I'm not surprised by any of this. Quincy had a respected, long-established reputation as a producer, in addition to his musicianship. If he hadn't agreed to produce those recordings for Michael, the latter would never have gotten as much fame as he did. Then again, Michael might not have also gotten access to as many little boys as he did, which was something that more than likely made Quincy cringe.

Since: Jun 13

Fuquay Varina, NC

#23 Oct 27, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow, I'm not surprised by any of this. Quincy had a respected, long-established reputation as a producer, in addition to his musicianship. If he hadn't agreed to produce those recordings for Michael, the latter would never have gotten as much fame as he did. Then again, Michael might not have also gotten access to as many little boys as he did, which was something that more than likely made Quincy cringe.
Odd thing, Michael's family and his people at the time told him Quincy was "too old" or whatever. Quincy was probably the only guy who basically knew what to do with Michael. After he left, every other producer didn't really quite gel with Michael. Not trying to say that Quincy was the main reason for his major success but Quincy surely knew how to produce albums. It's because of that that the MJ of 1979-1987 (but mainly 1979-1982) is more appreciated than what came later. But yeah if Quincy hadn't worked with him, Michael would've been playing the novelty circuit with his brothers for the rest of his life.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#26 Oct 28, 2013
BadMan84 wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd thing, Michael's family and his people at the time told him Quincy was "too old" or whatever. Quincy was probably the only guy who basically knew what to do with Michael. After he left, every other producer didn't really quite gel with Michael. Not trying to say that Quincy was the main reason for his major success but Quincy surely knew how to produce albums. It's because of that that the MJ of 1979-1987 (but mainly 1979-1982) is more appreciated than what came later. But yeah if Quincy hadn't worked with him, Michael would've been playing the novelty circuit with his brothers for the rest of his life.
Michael was talented, which is a shame how his addiction to drugs, alcohol, and little boys destroyed it. But Quincy knew how to separate the wheat from the chafe. Hence, his gift as a producer.

Since: Jun 13

Fuquay Varina, NC

#27 Oct 28, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael was talented, which is a shame how his addiction to drugs, alcohol, and little boys destroyed it. But Quincy knew how to separate the wheat from the chafe. Hence, his gift as a producer.
Oh I can't deny that. Michael definitely was talented. Probably the most talented of his family but Quincy knew what to do with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News CNN's Bell: Snoop Dogg Shooting Trump Not as Ba... 14 hr Putins Glock Holster 42
News Elvis Presley Eclipses Michael Jackson (Jul '09) Wed Nycitiman 53,064
100 FACTS black people don't want White people... (Apr '08) Jul 15 Blueblood 98
News Former WHAM Personality Harry Abraham Has Died (May '09) Jul 15 monty diamond 4
News New 'Family Feud' host Steve Harvey focuses on ... (Sep '10) Jul 12 AmPieJam UncleSam 4
News Opinion: Jay-Z's '4:44' may be his step into fe... Jul 6 doesthissuck 3
News Rock Hall Anniversary: Marriage of Michael Jack... (May '14) Jul 6 The Power Of Mast... 18
More from around the web