Beyonce, Jay-Z trip stirs debate on '...

Beyonce, Jay-Z trip stirs debate on 'people-to-people' visa

There are 45 comments on the USA Today story from Apr 13, 2013, titled Beyonce, Jay-Z trip stirs debate on 'people-to-people' visa. In it, USA Today reports that:

When Mary Ann Miller saw images of Beyonce and Jay-Z strolling through the streets of Havana, the Tempe, Ariz., resident burst out in excitement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#46 Apr 18, 2013
the Cuban music scene is full of untapped potential, as evidenced through projects like the Buena Vista Social Club.
as for the politics of Cuba......, I would find it hard to believe that people like Beyonce, or Jay-Z are interested in that sort of thing.
and it may be a sh!th0le, but they have one of the highest literacy rates in the world, so it's not as if they're stupid.
there are many people that are content to stay in Cuba, and don't even think about making an attempt to "escape".
there are also quite a few people that believe the embargo should have ended a few decades ago, mostly because it's irrelevant now.
==
==
==
==
at the end of the day, one has to wonder why anyone even cares that they went there, but I guess it's the same type of people that worry about Kate Middletons pubic hair.
Cubano

Hollywood, FL

#47 Apr 18, 2013
anneutral wrote:
the Cuban music scene is full of untapped potential, as evidenced through projects like the Buena Vista Social Club.
as for the politics of Cuba......, I would find it hard to believe that people like Beyonce, or Jay-Z are interested in that sort of thing.
and it may be a sh!th0le, but they have one of the highest literacy rates in the world, so it's not as if they're stupid.
there are many people that are content to stay in Cuba, and don't even think about making an attempt to "escape".
there are also quite a few people that believe the embargo should have ended a few decades ago, mostly because it's irrelevant now.
==
==
==
==
at the end of the day, one has to wonder why anyone even cares that they went there, but I guess it's the same type of people that worry about Kate Middletons pubic hair.
Cuba's health care is probably better than most southern red states and everyone is "insured".
Don from Canada

Ashburn, VA

#49 Apr 18, 2013
Don from Canada wrote:
<quoted text>Castro's Cuba is an island prison run by a selfish and self serving murderer and ruthless communist dictator.Only their puppets and marionettes thrive in the dictatorship.
Castro's Cuba is an island prison run by a selfish and self serving murderer and ruthless communist dictator it sucks there.

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#50 Apr 18, 2013
Balsero LIEgay, no sera que Celia es tu abuela?...y tu AGUELA donde esta?...
Don from Canada

Garfield, NJ

#51 Apr 19, 2013
Cherokee wrote:
Balsero LIEgay, no sera que Celia es tu abuela?...y tu AGUELA donde esta?...
Castro's Cuba is an island prison run by a selfish and self serving murderer and ruthless communist dictator it sucks there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Singer Alicia Keys' New Mantra? #NoMakeup 3 min NFC 3
News Are Democrats funnier than Republicans? 4 min NFC 7
News The anti-makeup movement in Hollywood 5 min NFC 2
News Gene Wilder, star of 'Willy Wonka,' 'Blazing Sa... Mon Old Sam 1
News MTV VMAs to feature Kanye West, Rihanna, Britne... Aug 29 ban rap music 2
News Here's 7 Guacamole Mistakes You're Making Aug 28 Rb RECORDS 1
News Now Corey Feldman Says Hollywood Has a Pedophil... (Aug '11) Aug 28 Try WAR GAMES 360
More from around the web