Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvi...

Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, the Beatles?

There are 7219 comments on the Associated Content story from Jul 8, 2009, titled Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, the Beatles?. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Who's the king of the three leading major players of the past half century? That is a tough one to decide, but one must consider carefully the accomplishments and the styles in order to make a conclusion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

J-J-Jina Wild

“VITILIGO”

Since: Jun 10

IS A BIOTCH

#7066 Jan 14, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is an Elvis festival held every year in Lake George, NY also.
I went a couple times just to check out the bootlegs.
Some combine the car shows with it, some do not.
Anyway, when I went I saw people of all ages there.
I was never interested in seeing Elvis impersonators.
I hung out at the bar, had dinner and went home.
But obviously there are bigger Elvis fests elsewhere.
This is quite a big one

http://tinyurl.com/adgyzj6

I hate it and think it's crap.

There used to be a brilliant Elvis week held annually which I used to go to where there wasn't a wig in sight, no white suits, no tat, and where Charlie Hodge, Ronnie Tutt and others would turn up to mingle. That was a good one. Charlie Hodge used to spend almost all of his time feeding money into the slot machines.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7067 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
You find me your reference source because there isn't one. By the way Debbie Rowe, the mother of his children is Jewish and so is Arnold Klein, the man you purport to be their biological father.
Jackson emerged from a trial in Santa Maria in which he had been acquitted of child molestation charges, his left wrist sported a bendel, or red string, worn by kabbalah adherents, particularly supporters of the celebrity-attracting Kabbalah Centre in Los Angeles. Hardly the sign of an anti-semite.
I speculate that the short life span of non-jewish movie stars, models, rock stars, and porn stars should conclude that they were snuffed out because they started to see the big picture. ie Marilyn Monroe, Jim Morrison, Curt Kobain, Michael Jackson etc.
Movie star Randy Quaid left hollywood and moved to Canada with his wife stating that Jews control everything and are killing the stars!
I provided the source of mj anti semetic tirade ( abc news ) who cares who he married or what he wore . Mj said anti semetic comments in word and in song . We have caught you in 4 lies today
1) elvis festival was publicized
2) elvis is big in Australia ( stats surpass mj )
3)your link was for pop singers ( not albums )
4 ) elvis is the leader in albums in Australia ( the beatles are a group )

The rude statement 1) elvis fans are deadbeats

The mj floon statement 1) mj was a better actor than elvis

You can downgrade elvid all you want . The facts are elvis achieved more in a shorter career . He is still current and relevant . elvis never lip synced , nor self proclaimed himself .Currently the only year that mj outsold elvis was 2009. Google

biggest selling artists from soundscan 1991-2012 as proof . Try to be a honest person from now on please

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7068 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not lying, I just never bothered to take any notice. Have a look at the people in the pictures, they are all OLD.
Wow wee the Miss Priscilla Dinner looks so yawn.
http://www.parkeselvisfestival.com.au/events/...
The only thing that would interst me would be the Cars of the Era Show.
If they had a 50's era festival that covered everything and not just Elvis I would be interested.
You lied again "
I am not lying, I just never bothered to take any notice. Have a look at the people in the pictures, they are all OLD.
I clicked on king elvis link the first one is a 9 year girl stating she loves elvis .i am 30, is that old ?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#7069 Jan 14, 2013
J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>
This is quite a big one
http://tinyurl.com/adgyzj6
I hate it and think it's crap.
There used to be a brilliant Elvis week held annually which I used to go to where there wasn't a wig in sight, no white suits, no tat, and where Charlie Hodge, Ronnie Tutt and others would turn up to mingle. That was a good one. Charlie Hodge used to spend almost all of his time feeding money into the slot machines.
If you ever get a chance, go to Elvis's birth place in Tupelo.

That was really surreal and no Elvis impersonators.

I kind of like it better when Graceland is off season.

We didn't see one freak in a jumpsuit last May when we met Lisa.

I never met Charlie Hodge but bought his autographed picture.

I have Elvis, Priscilla's and Lisa's autographs.

And I met the TCB band once.

“at yet more f'loonspin”

Since: Aug 11

I live far away from f'loons

#7070 Jan 14, 2013
Patricktruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know the remix outsold the thriller remix ?( lol) enjoy your music , it's obvious no matter what sources , quotes or even GWR state about elvis , you still downgrade his incredible accomplishments . Mj had incredible accomplishments as well . Elvis is a legend like mj , and legends live on. Elvis said at a press conference " there is room for everybody "
Enjoy your music gv
Curious, how Elvis publicly said, "There is room for everybody." When "We Are the World" was recorded, Michael told the other singers to leave their egos at the door. How interesting he didn't leave HIS at the door.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7071 Jan 14, 2013
J-J-Jina Wild wrote:
<quoted text>The jury is out as to whether or not he converted, but there is no denying that he surrounded himself with their members. Why would a committed non racist do that?
For the very reason that he was a committed non racist.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7072 Jan 14, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>Miming on stage isn't putting your heart and soul into something, stupid floon.
Yes it is, it's an art. There have been some brilliant mime artist around. Lol

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7073 Jan 14, 2013
Len is Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious, how Elvis publicly said, "There is room for everybody." When "We Are the World" was recorded, Michael told the other singers to leave their egos at the door. How interesting he didn't leave HIS at the door.
Agreed " they call elvis king , why not me " mj. Kurt loder from MTV exposed mj self proclaimed document outlying MTV to address him as king of pop. The document was from mj camp directly and was shown in a rolling stone article . Don't Beleive the bs from floons that it came from e Taylor and then the name stuck .google the Neverland raid mj had paintings of him as a cherub , one as Peter Pan . On his history album liner he falsely proclaimed himself as the biggest selling solo artist in history . Mj was talented but he was never humble .

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7074 Jan 14, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>You said the Parkes Elvis Festival wasn't covered in the media, you lying, ugly wh-re, and I proved you wrong. Now you're lying again.

Typical Wacko fan ... always lying, always changing their words.

Vermin, the lot of you. Scum. Filth.
Whatever! Why don't you join thes geriatrics. Lol

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7075 Jan 14, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>There is an Elvis festival held every year in Lake George, NY also.

I went a couple times just to check out the bootlegs.

Some combine the car shows with it, some do not.

Anyway, when I went I saw people of all ages there.

I was never interested in seeing Elvis impersonators.

I hung out at the bar, had dinner and went home.

But obviously there are bigger Elvis fests elsewhere.
They should have festivals based on a decade instead of a person. It's not as if Elvis invented anything.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7076 Jan 14, 2013
Patricktruth wrote:
<quoted text>I provided the source of mj anti semetic tirade ( abc news ) who cares who he married or what he wore . Mj said anti semetic comments in word and in song . We have caught you in 4 lies today
1) elvis festival was publicized
2) elvis is big in Australia ( stats surpass mj )
3)your link was for pop singers ( not albums )
4 ) elvis is the leader in albums in Australia ( the beatles are a group )

The rude statement 1) elvis fans are deadbeats

The mj floon statement 1) mj was a better actor than elvis

You can downgrade elvid all you want . The facts are elvis achieved more in a shorter career . He is still current and relevant . elvis never lip synced , nor self proclaimed himself .Currently the only year that mj outsold elvis was 2009. Google

biggest selling artists from soundscan 1991-2012 as proof . Try to be a honest person from now on please
Have a look at my link. It states the Beatles albums sold the most during the 60's & 70's. Since when have the Beatles been pop, stupid?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#7077 Jan 14, 2013
octo wrote:
Elvis Gold And Platinum Albums 1970-1980
1. Let's Be Friends
2. On Stage
3. Worldwide 50 Gold Award Hits
4. Almost In Love
5. Elvis Christmas Album
6. That's The Way It Is
7. Elvis In Person
8. Elvis Country
9. You'll Never Walk Alone
10. C'mon Everybody
11. The Other Sides: Worldwide 50 Gold Award Hits
12. I Got Lucky
13. The Wonderful World Of Christmas
14. Elvis Now
15. He Touched Me
16. Elvis Sings Hits From His Movies
17. Elvis As Recorded At MSG
18. Burning Love And Hits From His Movies
19. Separate Ways
20. Aloha From Hawaii
21. A Legendary Performer
22. Elvis As Recorded Live On Stage In Memphis
23. Pure Gold
24. Double Dynamite
25. A Legendary Performer vol 2
26. From Elvis Presley Blvd
27. Frankie And Johnny
28. Welcome To My World
29. Moody Blue
30. The Elvis Presley Story
31. Elvis In Concert
32. Memories Of Elvis
33. He Walks Besides Me
34. Legendary Performer vol 3
35. His Greatest Hits
36. Elvis Aaron Presley
37. Worldwide Gold Award Hits vol 1 & 2
Elvis Gold And Platinum Albums 1981-1999

1. This Is Elvis
2. Memories Of Christmas
3. The Legend Lives On
4. Elvis Golden Records vol 5
5. 50 Years, 50 Hits
6. Love Me Tender
7. The Complete Sun Sessions
8. The Number One Hits
9. The Top Ten Hits
10. The Rock N Roll Era
11. The King Of Rock N Roll (box set)
12. Blue Christmas
13. From Nashville To Memphis (box set)
14. Amazing Grace
15. If Everyday Was Like Christmas
16. Heart And Soul
17. Walk A Mile In My Shoes (box set)
18. Elvis Presley Gospel
19. Platinum (box set)
20. It Christmas Time (re charted winter, 2012)

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7078 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Have a look at my link. It states the Beatles albums sold the most during the 60's & 70's. Since when have the Beatles been pop, stupid?
Wow , you ignore the rest of your lies and focus on a technicality . I have read your posts , I don't think you are a person of good character . So you don't twist my statements, it has nothing to do with loving mj . It's your lies and disrespect . You are exactly why people don't like mj floons . You truly Believe everything positive about mj is true and everything negative is false . To jump to your other post . Mj invented nothing either brainiac . Quincy jones , bob fosse , etc helped him create .
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#7079 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
For the very reason that he was a committed non racist.
"Jews are leeches" proves that statement wrong.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#7080 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is, it's an art. There have been some brilliant mime artist around. Lol
Nice deflection.

Miming on stage takes no effort.

Boy bands do it all the time.

Wacko ripped off his fans by miming.

End of story.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#7081 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever! Why don't you join thes geriatrics. Lol
Great comeback.

There were fans of ALL ages at the awful Parkes Festival, just as there are fans from 8-80 visiting Graceland each year.

Fact.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#7082 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when have the Beatles been pop, stupid?
Wow, you're stupid.

The Beatles are the biggest pop band in history.

No, they're not considered a rock band, despite some good rock performances over the years, any more than Elvis is considered country at heart.

They're a pop band; don't even think of trying to argue this point.
King Elvis

Wahroonga, Australia

#7083 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
They should have festivals based on a decade instead of a person. It's not as if Elvis invented anything.
Elvis was the one who brought rock and roll to the world, bridging the gap between black and white musically.

Wacko changed music; Elvis changed music and an entire culture, the 1950s.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#7084 Jan 14, 2013
goodvibrations wrote:
<quoted text>
They should have festivals based on a decade instead of a person. It's not as if Elvis invented anything.
People seem to have fun and it was an Elvis carnival.

When the impersonator contest was over, people hung out and partied.

I was sitting out on the deck at the bar, a perfect night.

An Elvis dude breaks out in song.

I felt like I was in some kind of strange Elvis movie.

I went for the import CD's from the vendors selling new titles.

Elvis festivals must be successful or they wouldn't be going on...

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#7085 Jan 14, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis was the one who brought rock and roll to the world, bridging the gap between black and white musically.
Wacko changed music; Elvis changed music and an entire culture, the 1950s.
King elvis I disagree that wacko ( mj) changed music . A year before and after thriller music sounded the same . A year before heartbreak hotel was nat king cole , a year after was great balls of fire . Mj changed the format of MTV ( not music )

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cosby hires Michael Jackson's lawyer for sex as... 5 hr NOM s Waffle House 1
News Cosby hires Michael Jackson's lawyer for sex as... 11 hr Michael Jackson9851 3
News Could Beyonce finally win album of the year at ... (Feb '17) Aug 18 taylance 3
News 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Aug 16 RICK 12,901
News Usher Fined $425 for Speeding in Ga. (Jan '07) Aug 15 Bobo 9
News Elvis Presley Eclipses Michael Jackson (Jul '09) Aug 9 Pop Tart- 53,066
News 10 weird jobs you could do as NASA looks to emp... Aug 7 Jackie 3
More from around the web