R. Kelly case clouded in secrecy

R. Kelly case clouded in secrecy

There are 41 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 12, 2008, titled R. Kelly case clouded in secrecy. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

For months, a Cook County judge presiding over the criminal case against R&B singer R. Kelly has been holding discussions with lawyers behind closed doors, usually in the privacy of his chambers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

R Kelly

Howell, NJ

#26 Apr 12, 2008
Girlie was looking fine, yo. Plus, she was working for me.
Jerry Lee Lewis

United States

#27 Apr 12, 2008
American First wrote:
A all white legal society let Elvis Presley date, rape and final marry a girl that was underage back in the 50's. Nothing was done, and little was said. And, the white piano player who sang the song Great Balls of Fire, was none to date underage girls-nothing said. I can' t recall his name at the momment.
Jerry Lee Lewis DID suffer a penalty when he MARRIED his 13 year old cousin. His $10,000 bookings stopped. His career came to a screeching halt. He was shunned in the U.S.- he was 23 years old. Totally different situation than R Kelly taping a sexual encounter with a child.
Chicagoland

Oak Forest, IL

#29 Apr 13, 2008
Wayne wrote:
OMG! I just got a summons for jury duty! There's no way I'm giving up my personal life to suffer like the jurors on the OJ trial. What can I do now to guarantee I'm disqualified? I think I need to call an agent...
Jury selection starts May 9. When is your report date?
larry

Wilmette, IL

#30 Apr 13, 2008
lisa wrote:
cloudy in $$$$$ it's been what? 10 years now and no trial LIKE DREW peterson KILLED ALL HIS WIVES, AND IS DOING TV INTERVIEWS, they are still trying to lock up OJ for that cracker wife he had
your comment make no sense at all. lay off the crack.
wrecksracer

Chicago, IL

#31 Apr 13, 2008
lisa wrote:
cloudy in $$$$$ it's been what? 10 years now and no trial LIKE DREW peterson KILLED ALL HIS WIVES, AND IS DOING TV INTERVIEWS, they are still trying to lock up OJ for that cracker wife he had
Drew Peterson wasn't stupid enough to videotape his crimes. Yeah, I believe he's guilty and should be shot. However, videotaping yourself perpetrating crimes is beyond stupid. Why is R. Kelly free? Who is he paying off? Throw him in jail with other pedophiles. I understand pedophiles are very popular in jail.
wrecksracer

United States

#33 Apr 13, 2008
P.S.- "I Belive I Can Fly" is the worst pseudo-inspirational song I ever heard. Sounds more like a phone company commercial or some elevator music. It lacks soul....
Kingpin

Lafayette, IN

#34 Apr 13, 2008
Its going to be a three ring circus, like the OJ trial.
The only victim in this crime is RK. I heard the girl liked it.
wrecksracer

United States

#35 Apr 13, 2008
Yeah, let's feel sorry for poor RK. He didn't know it was wrong to pee on an underage girl. Whether she enjoyed it or not is irrelevent. He filmed himself committing a felony. That stupidity alone should get him jail time with other pedophiles. Besides, isn't jail time good PR for thugs? Take it like a man.....maybe somebody will pee on him in jail....maybe he'll like it....
Reshonda Landfair

Stevensville, MI

#36 Apr 14, 2008
Enough is enough.
I am the girl in the video. Although the "peeing" part has been the butt of many jokes, Robert and I also engage in intercourse and other sex acts in the video. I was 14 years old when that video was made.
I have been living in Mr. Kelly's "compound" for several years. He tells me that he loves me and that we are going to get married "as soon as all of this stuff blows over." My parents believe this too, or at least are happy with all the money and vacations they are receiving in exchange for my dad's guitar playing "services."
I don't know how to get out of this situation because I was so young and impressionable when it all started. I trusted my Father to take care of me and keep me from harm when he brought me to the studio. I trusted Mr. Kelly because he is my dad's boss, and a famous celebrity. Now I am trapped here because Robert Kelly is a wealthy and powerful man. I'm afraid of what he might do to me or my family If I leave or tell the truth.
Mr. Kelly is an amazing writer, producer and performer. He often claims to be "spiritual" and has the support many other celebrities and powerful members of the black community. He has MILLIONS of fans and supporters worldwide.
How can I possibly speak out against HIM?
I was barley in 7th grade when I was handed to Mr. Kelly on a platter and betrayed by everyone that claimed to love me... I have been under his close supervision ever since then. I have no friends or "outside influences." I have no legal representation. I have no options.
How could I possibly walk out of this house and tell the world the truth? Robert has been very clear that doing so would only ruin my life, his, and my whole family's.
This is too much for one person to do by herself, but nobody can reach out to me or help me.

This is the reality of the R. Kelly case.
Dewey Cox

United States

#37 Apr 14, 2008
Reshonda Landfair wrote:
Enough is enough.
I am the girl in the video. Although the "peeing" part has been the butt of many jokes, Robert and I also engage in intercourse and other sex acts in the video. I was 14 years old when that video was made.
I have been living in Mr. Kelly's "compound" for several years. He tells me that he loves me and that we are going to get married "as soon as all of this stuff blows over." My parents believe this too, or at least are happy with all the money and vacations they are receiving in exchange for my dad's guitar playing "services."
I don't know how to get out of this situation because I was so young and impressionable when it all started. I trusted my Father to take care of me and keep me from harm when he brought me to the studio. I trusted Mr. Kelly because he is my dad's boss, and a famous celebrity. Now I am trapped here because Robert Kelly is a wealthy and powerful man. I'm afraid of what he might do to me or my family If I leave or tell the truth.
Mr. Kelly is an amazing writer, producer and performer. He often claims to be "spiritual" and has the support many other celebrities and powerful members of the black community. He has MILLIONS of fans and supporters worldwide.
How can I possibly speak out against HIM?
I was barley in 7th grade when I was handed to Mr. Kelly on a platter and betrayed by everyone that claimed to love me... I have been under his close supervision ever since then. I have no friends or "outside influences." I have no legal representation. I have no options.
How could I possibly walk out of this house and tell the world the truth? Robert has been very clear that doing so would only ruin my life, his, and my whole family's.
This is too much for one person to do by herself, but nobody can reach out to me or help me.
This is the reality of the R. Kelly case.
Then tell it to the judge,(or at least Oprah.)
wrecksracer

United States

#38 Apr 14, 2008
Reshonda Landfair wrote:
Enough is enough.
I am the girl in the video. Although the "peeing" part has been the butt of many jokes, Robert and I also engage in intercourse and other sex acts in the video. I was 14 years old when that video was made.
I have been living in Mr. Kelly's "compound" for several years. He tells me that he loves me and that we are going to get married "as soon as all of this stuff blows over." My parents believe this too, or at least are happy with all the money and vacations they are receiving in exchange for my dad's guitar playing "services."
I don't know how to get out of this situation because I was so young and impressionable when it all started. I trusted my Father to take care of me and keep me from harm when he brought me to the studio. I trusted Mr. Kelly because he is my dad's boss, and a famous celebrity. Now I am trapped here because Robert Kelly is a wealthy and powerful man. I'm afraid of what he might do to me or my family If I leave or tell the truth.
Mr. Kelly is an amazing writer, producer and performer. He often claims to be "spiritual" and has the support many other celebrities and powerful members of the black community. He has MILLIONS of fans and supporters worldwide.
How can I possibly speak out against HIM?
I was barley in 7th grade when I was handed to Mr. Kelly on a platter and betrayed by everyone that claimed to love me... I have been under his close supervision ever since then. I have no friends or "outside influences." I have no legal representation. I have no options.
How could I possibly walk out of this house and tell the world the truth? Robert has been very clear that doing so would only ruin my life, his, and my whole family's.
This is too much for one person to do by herself, but nobody can reach out to me or help me.
This is the reality of the R. Kelly case.
If it is you in the video, and you're living in his compound, you need to seek real professional help. He has you brainwashed. He's going to marry you? That's a good one....you're not young enough for him anymore....
fed-up

United States

#39 Apr 15, 2008
I think they should leave Robert Kelly alone. If he was just someone off the street, no one would give a damn. While the people are talking about him all the time, Whats going on with the girl? If I had the oppurtunity to sleep with him regardless of our age difference, I would lie to get him behind doors. I still say the only reason this is happening is because she got caught and the parents are money hungry. That's just my opinion but I'm not alone.
fed-up---to Reshonda

United States

#40 Apr 15, 2008
JUST STOP IT ALREADY! You are really making an ass out of yourself. I know R. Kelly very well in the city days. Especially on the set in the Circle. You wouldn't know bout that. Back to the subject at hand, First of all if this is you then you are one dumn ass chick. Can't know man keep you locked up especially if you are well known. Secondly, If you couldn't get out (and we all know thats not true) then how in the hell are you able to write this long ass story on the internet? Especially if you are so called being watched all the time. Tell that story to someone else...
someone

United States

#41 Apr 15, 2008
fed-up wrote:
I think they should leave Robert Kelly alone. If he was just someone off the street, no one would give a damn. While the people are talking about him all the time, Whats going on with the girl? If I had the oppurtunity to sleep with him regardless of our age difference, I would lie to get him behind doors. I still say the only reason this is happening is because she got caught and the parents are money hungry. That's just my opinion but I'm not alone.
actually if he was just an ordinary guy with a video of him engaging in those acts on tape, he would have been tried, plea bargained, sentenced, jailed, s*ckin d**ck and getting peed on, released and on the sex offender registry by now

Only R Kelly's fame and money has allowed him the option to stalemate. Good lawyers cost money.
Reshonda Landfair

Lombard, IL

#42 Apr 15, 2008
Hey Fed-Up, "If he was just someone off the street, no one would give a damn." - this is exactly why this sort of thing needs to come to the publics attention. Is your point that underage girls getting sexually abused, molested and rape... with their parents blessing is OK? I wouldn't wish that on anyone regardless if the perp was some stranger on the street or a Grammy winning millionaire.
As for the "Circle" are you referring to Robs's sets on tour?
wrecksracer

United States

#43 Apr 15, 2008
fed-up wrote:
I think they should leave Robert Kelly alone. If he was just someone off the street, no one would give a damn. While the people are talking about him all the time, Whats going on with the girl? If I had the oppurtunity to sleep with him regardless of our age difference, I would lie to get him behind doors. I still say the only reason this is happening is because she got caught and the parents are money hungry. That's just my opinion but I'm not alone.
He videotaped himself committing a felony. Regardless of who wants what, he taped himself committing a crime. We're supposed to look away because he's rich? They sent Martha Stewart away for less. Don't try to make it seem like he's a victim. He has nobody to blame but himself.
Reshonda Landfair

Hacienda Heights, CA

#44 May 23, 2008
See how easy it is to impersonate someone.
Dick Hertz

Oak Forest, IL

#45 May 25, 2008
Reshonda Landfair wrote:
See how easy it is to impersonate someone.
Her name is Reshona, stupid.
pinkdingaling

Saint Marys, GA

#46 Jan 19, 2014
Reshonda has a nice butt
sheelah

Covington, KY

#47 Aug 12, 2014
get off rkelly penius. there has been thousands of older men having sex with younger women and there plenty of younger females who adore older famous men and regular men to say the least. this is not some old big as crime... the parents of the girls should be charged with neglect if anything!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Capital City Black Film Festival Grows by Leaps... 7 hr Andrew 1
News If Prince Was A Homophobe, What Does That Make ... 17 hr Fa-Foxy 5
100 FACTS black people don't want White people... (Apr '08) Wed Hebrew man 91
News Celebrities Who Snagged Billionaires: Miranda K... Wed K-DJ 60
News Did Mariah Really Go Crazy After Fiance Played ... Wed Rb RECORDS 1
News the Best Rapper Ever: Eminem vs. 2Pac (Aug '09) Wed Ananyo Seerat 242
Tamar Braxton, stay or leave ? Is Vincent Herbe... Aug 23 Ericka Courtney 1
More from around the web