150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: KB50MJ | Full story: talk.livedaily.com

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Comments
10,641 - 10,660 of 12,754 Comments Last updated Monday Aug 25

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11102 Apr 24, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Octo.
----------
Get it yet, Phillip?
Your shit is GONE from here!!
You're welcome.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#11103 Apr 24, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rainbow was considered mainstream hard rock as an off shoot of Blackmore's more famous band, Deep Purple. I wouldn't expect you getting into Judas Priest or Iron Maiden because it wasn't your generation. They happen to be my first concert when I was 15. Maiden opened up for Priest. My father insisted on taking us and thought Judith Priest was going to be a chick folk singer. Lol! He turned completely white. Of course, he never took us to another rock concert ever again.
When I was 15 my first concert was 3 dog night. They sounded good live.Later I went to a rock festival and saw the Youngbloods.You probably don't remember them.

“Just havin' a little fun!”

Since: Apr 10

Hollywood, CA

#11104 Apr 24, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>When I was 15 my first concert was 3 dog night. They sounded good live.Later I went to a rock festival and saw the Youngbloods.You probably don't remember them.
Hi Bubba! I remember them. They were both great bands of that era.

Miss seeing you and everyne else in the tropical bar & grill.....:(

Hollywood, CA

#11105 Apr 24, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome.
Hi Octo! Are you as sick of talking about MJ as I am? I would much rather talk about Elvis and other great rock stars and bands.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#11106 Apr 24, 2013
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Bubba! I remember them. They were both great bands of that era.
Miss seeing you and everyne else in the tropical bar & grill.....:(
Hi Pop Tart long time no see my friend .Hope all is well with you.

Hollywood, CA

#11107 Apr 24, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Pop Tart long time no see my friend .Hope all is well with you.
Thanks, Bubba, you too! I posted over in the bar....see you there!

Have a good evening, Bubba.

Location hidden

#11108 Apr 24, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>When I was 15 my first concert was 3 dog night. They sounded good live.Later I went to a rock festival and saw the Youngbloods.You probably don't remember them.
I remember Three Dog Night but just barely. Elvis covered their song, "Never Been To Spain" which I happen to have as an re-imagined duet with Three Dog Night. My mom once had one of their 8 tracks. I'm not sure who The Youngbloods are. Of course, I'm a little bit younger than you so it is understandable that I wasn't exposed to the same kind of music. The eighties had a lot of the music that I remember the most. Believe or not, I knew who Paul McCartney was with Wings but did not know who The Beatles were until John Lennon was shot.

Location hidden

#11109 Apr 24, 2013
Pop Tart- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Octo! Are you as sick of talking about MJ as I am? I would much rather talk about Elvis and other great rock stars and bands.
Hi Poppy. Yes, I am sick of MJ. I think everybody is. I'd rather talk about the rock era myself. It is much more interesting and exciting isn't it?
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#11112 Apr 25, 2013
And another reason I loved Elvis's version of `UNCHAINED MELODY'is that wonderful falsetto ending he gives the song.I hadn't heard Elvis sing in that high pitched voice since his days at Sun Records.It was nice to know he could still hit those high notes when wanted to,Octo,peace out.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

#11113 Apr 25, 2013
RICK wrote:
And another reason I loved Elvis's version of `UNCHAINED MELODY'is that wonderful falsetto ending he gives the song.I hadn't heard Elvis sing in that high pitched voice since his days at Sun Records.It was nice to know he could still hit those high notes when wanted to,Octo,peace out.
Unfortunately, that wasn't Elvis.

The falsetto was dubbed upon the release of the album, and was done by Sherrill Neilsen and Donnie Sumner and the Stamps (minus JD).

The original tape verifies this, as does the other version from Elvis In Concert, as do The Recording Sessions books.

Location hidden

#11114 Apr 25, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, that wasn't Elvis.
The falsetto was dubbed upon the release of the album, and was done by Sherrill Neilsen and Donnie Sumner and the Stamps (minus JD).
The original tape verifies this, as does the other version from Elvis In Concert, as do The Recording Sessions books.
The "Moody Blue" version of "Unchained Melody" was different than the overdubbed single. There are two excellent live versions of this song on the soundboard, "Burning In Birmingham" 12-29-76 and again on the audience recording, "Send Me The Light...I Need It Bad" on the famous break down concert 5-29-77. I'm not sure why inferior performances were used for release but that is the way is was. Rick should hear the bootlegs and then he could compare how good they are from what was released by RCA. I still think The Righteous Brothers did the best version of the song since they recorded it in a studio. It fit their style of singing. Like I said, Elvis did "Unchained Melody" as a live piece on piano as a current performance in his show. I don't think he intended to do a studio take of it. It showed up on "Moody Blue" because Elvis was short a few songs left over from the Graceland sessions to fill up another standard vinyl LP, which at the time was ten tracks. The two record set, "Elvis In Concert" was released after Elvis's untimely death. It was chopped up, scattered and edited. It wasn't a good live album at all but was only made to cash in on the ill fated CBS special. It should have never aired because both Omaha and Rapid City were bad concerts.

Location hidden

#11115 Apr 25, 2013
RICK wrote:
It was a hard performance to watch and Elvis was struggling with that version of "Unchained Melody" on the CBS special. There are better performances of it where Elvis doesn't sound forced on the song. Of course, you would have to listen to the other versions to hear what I mean.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

#11116 Apr 25, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Moody Blue" version of "Unchained Melody" was different than the overdubbed single. There are two excellent live versions of this song on the soundboard, "Burning In Birmingham" 12-29-76 and again on the audience recording, "Send Me The Light...I Need It Bad" on the famous break down concert 5-29-77. I'm not sure why inferior performances were used for release but that is the way is was. Rick should hear the bootlegs and then he could compare how good they are from what was released by RCA. I still think The Righteous Brothers did the best version of the song since they recorded it in a studio. It fit their style of singing. Like I said, Elvis did "Unchained Melody" as a live piece on piano as a current performance in his show. I don't think he intended to do a studio take of it. It showed up on "Moody Blue" because Elvis was short a few songs left over from the Graceland sessions to fill up another standard vinyl LP, which at the time was ten tracks. The two record set, "Elvis In Concert" was released after Elvis's untimely death. It was chopped up, scattered and edited. It wasn't a good live album at all but was only made to cash in on the ill fated CBS special. It should have never aired because both Omaha and Rapid City were bad concerts.
You're right about Unchained Melody, the greatest "jail" song ever written (with apologies to Jailhouse Rock!) No one could do it like the Righteous Brothers, not even Elvis. The undubbed versions - are a revelation, despite Elvis not being able or unwilling to go high.

The Sweets did a version too, I have it on one of their albums - it's fair to middling.

As for Elvis In Concert, I still say it deserves an FTD release: a three disc set. The original album, plus the two shows, all in remastered quality.

While we're at it, make it a four disc set: the fourth disc a DVD of the show in pristine quality!

No, he wasn't at his best, far from it. But it is, IMO, just as important as '68 or Aloha as a TV show in the life of Elvis. The final bookend, as it were.

FTD is for the fans, not the public, so only we'd get it. It needs a release.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

#11117 Apr 25, 2013
Posts 11110 and 11111 ...

... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand, they're GONE!

That's right, Phillip, gone.

Go to another computer and see if you can find your posts.

They're not there; you're posting to no one.

And for you to have kept this crap going yesterday on Australia's most sacred day shows just what a lowlife you are.

Oh, and the non-threatening comment you left on another thread? They left that there - at least it was about Elvis. Nice try, though.

No one's listening, troll.

No one cares.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

#11118 Apr 25, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a hard performance to watch and Elvis was struggling with that version of "Unchained Melody" on the CBS special. There are better performances of it where Elvis doesn't sound forced on the song. Of course, you would have to listen to the other versions to hear what I mean.
Yeah, I never understood why people rave about this song from the show, especially like on The Great Performances.

It's just sad, and is one of the worst selections from the show.

The best is probably My Way, IMO.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

#11120 Apr 25, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Enough, enough, troll.
Any by the way, I have been out of Sydney for more than a month.
How dare you mention Anzac Day in connection with your posts on this thread, dog of a troll you are.
Why keep posting when you can see I have them taken down?
And why do you, dipwad c.nt, keep writing like me:
"no one's listening, troll. No one cares."
Every one can see you're stealing my words along with my screen nic.
Rack off, troll dog.
And post 11119 ... gone!

Aw, wassa matta Phillip?

You're a typical troll - you whine like the little bee-yatch schoolgirl you are when things don't go your way.

Epic fail, loser: anyone can see my posts above that are related to Elvis are from "Sydney Australia" and nowhere else.

Funny how Topix can tell which "King Elvis" posts are real and which aren't, isn't it Phillip?

And everyone here is smart enough to know who the real King Elvis is - ME (as my regular battles with Fatty, Rick the Dick, shock the New York cock from last year and even old Johnnie Swede and Christpuncher will show).

Have you checked Topix via another computer yet, troll? See how EVERY ONE OF YOUR POSTS HAS GONE?!!!

Suck it, troll.

Like the sick little bastard you are, you've tried ti become the person you're stalking.

It's the next step, Phillip.

And you're getting angrier and angrier, and it's eating you up alive.

(Sound familiar, folks? Didn't I foresee this in shock the cock's behaviour late last year?)

Your time here is done, Phillip.

ALL of your troll posts get deleted.

Every.

Fcking.

Time.

No one's listening, Phillip.

No one cares.

"Piss off, troll" - still hurts, doesn't it?

Pathetic little weed.

Bye Bye!!
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

#11121 Apr 25, 2013
I can tell you're getting angrier, Phillip.

Perhaps it's because you've already gone to another PC and seen that your posts get taken down every time from this forum, even when you use my screen name.

I defeated shock, Johnnie, Christpuncher and all of the other trolls here, Phillip.

Just like I've defeated you.

Phillip Lean of Arakoon St, Kincumber: what a farking LOSER.

Loser. Failure. Troll.

I know who you are, fool. But you don't know me.

So feel free to post away here, Phillip.

Because no one sees your posts.

You filthy, Central Coast bogan!!

PS - say hi to Perce for me!

Dumbass!
Ha Ha

Renton, WA

#11122 Apr 25, 2013
King Elvis wrote:
I can tell you're getting angrier, Phillip.
Perhaps it's because you've already gone to another PC and seen that your posts get taken down every time from this forum, even when you use my screen name.
I defeated shock, Johnnie, Christpuncher and all of the other trolls here, Phillip.
Just like I've defeated you.
Phillip Lean of Arakoon St, Kincumber: what a farking LOSER.
Loser. Failure. Troll.
I know who you are, fool. But you don't know me.
So feel free to post away here, Phillip.
Because no one sees your posts.
You filthy, Central Coast bogan!!
PS - say hi to Perce for me!
Dumbass!
That's what I like to hear a guy that controls the trolls. No Percy no Darlo no Bogans no hooligans.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

#11123 Apr 25, 2013
Cat got your tongue, Phillip?

Regular posters here will know just how vicious and nasty I get with Elvis haters and trolls here.

So do you really think I'd use that most bogan of expressions "Rack off"?

And "dipwad"?!

Really, Phillip?

So, you've ben out of Sydney for a month, have you "King Elvis"?

Perhaps you could tell us where you're at ... and pray that the location in your comment in response will match up to where you say you are.

But, sadly for you "King Elvis", your posts show you being in "Australia", "Sydney" "Melbourne", "Brisbane", some smaller towns ... that's the problem living on the Central Bogan Coast away from a capital city - you never know which network will carry your PC.

Me? The REAL King Elvis is ALWAYS in "Sydney Australia". Those two lovely words. Always.

Keep getting angry, Phillip.

Get angry that your posts get deleted - go on, son, go to another PC and see for yourself. Got the guts?

Bet you thought that being "King Elvis" would stop your comments being deleted. Hmmm. Nope, that didn't work, did it Phillip?

Hey, maybe you could use another PC; maybe Topix knows your ISP and so automatically bans any posts from your usual computer.

Try it. That won't work either.

Wait, I've got it. Take a trip down to Sydney and use a PC from there. That should work ... "King Elvis" posting while actually being in Sydney. Surely THAT will fool Topix? Hmmm, no it won't.

So get angry, Phillip, as you wonder why every one of your troll posts gets taken down.

Get angry as you wonder why you've wasted three YEARS following me - and now trying to BECOME ME, loser!!- all to no avail.

Get angry, Phillip, as you remember how I pegged you from that very first post. "Piss off, troll" still angers you, doesn't it?

Get angry with yourself, Phillip, as you wonder why you post here at three in the morning ... and then wonder why your posts get taken down every bloody time.

Gone to another PC yet, Phillip? Go on, son, check it out and see your posts no longer exist on this forum. Number 11119 will soon be gone as well ... as will any and every response you write. But WHY, you wonder.

So Phillip ... Justin Harrison ... Rocko ... coaster cats ... rock dolls ... luigi morelli ... "King Elvis" (my favourite, I'm so flattered at the imitation!)... and ANY other name you choose: you go right ahead and keep posting, and getting angrier and angrier that your posts are deleted.

And that no one's listening, troll.

No one cares.

Piss.

Off.

Troll.
King Elvis

Hornsby, Australia

#11126 Apr 25, 2013
not involved in this but wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see what the other king elvis wrote and I don't know who he is why is king elvis #2 saying the post has gone?
Good. Gooood, Phillip.

Try another tack of using yet another screen name ...

But how will you ever convince people you're not involved in this?

I know ... why not use the screen name "not involved in this but"!

You.

IDIOT!

Brilliant stuff, Phillip: I wouldn't have thought that even YOU could be such a moron.

Stay tuned, Phillip, and watch THIS post disappear soon as well.

Your troll arse is MINE, you little b*tch!

Epic fail ... again!!

No one's listening, troll.

No one cares.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Writing About Writing About Michael Jackson 6 hr goodvibrations 13
Michael Jackson Hit With New Abuse ClaimBy Dian... 7 hr navalator 328
10 Facts You Probably Didn't Know About Michael... 7 hr goodvibrations 1
James Brown's body cut up for paternity test: w... 7 hr Don 2
Is Michael Jackson Really A Child Molester? 8 hr mjlover4life 148
La Toya Jackson shock interview on The Talk, Je... (May '13) 9 hr elijahovah 32
Three-day birthday celebration for 'King of Pop... 10 hr sweet brown 14
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••