150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

150 Best Selling Artists in the World!

There are 12898 comments on the talk.livedaily.com story from Dec 6, 2008, titled 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! . In it, talk.livedaily.com reports that:

This is a list of the top 150 worldwide best-selling music artists of all time. The measure is the total number of singles and albums sold world-widep, this info comes from the IFIP at the end of 2007. Michael Jackson is #2 with 350 million sold.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at talk.livedaily.com.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#9666 Dec 13, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Well Octo Paul's voice was good tonight. I really don't agree with you thinking he should retire he rocked with the Foo Fighters and sounded good with his own band. Not bad for the old guy who has the energy of a 40 year old.I didn't get to see the Who or Clapton yet. Billy Joel sounded good too.
I saw Paul's performance last night, Bubba.

I liked the concert overall especially, Billy Joel.

I didn't see The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton or The Who.

Paul McCartney had energy but his voice was very weak through out.

I could barely hear him and Paul seemed to know that.

The New York crowd was very quiet during Paul's set.

It was painful to watch Paul try to get through the songs.

Even when Paul talked between numbers, his voice just wasn't there.

Anyway, it was still sweet of Paul to play for free in New York.

He should've done more Beatle tunes like "Fixing A Hole"

The Foo Fighters number was overly loud and didn't quite work.

I had the impression that is why Alica Keys ended the night.

She was stunning.
Pingu

Denmark

#9667 Dec 13, 2012
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread was created in the ELVIS forum, genius, and only LINKS to the Wacko one.
RiiiiGHT
My bad for not seeing that WHEN I GOOGLE INTO THE MJ FORUM
It's all so much clearer and logical now!
I don't give a shit where it comes from!
the whole thing sucks - on behalf of Elvis Presley as well.
"wacko"- speak for yrself lady wanker!
chris

United States

#9668 Dec 13, 2012
I watched the whole concert for Sandy relief. Overall it was a good concert, but I have to agree with Octo that Paul's performance was not as good as he is capable of. Maybe he's a little sick, because his vocals were a little off. Also, I noticed that Roger Daltry is starting to lose his voice. Everyone else sounded great.
King Elvis

Merrylands, Australia

#9669 Dec 13, 2012
Pingu wrote:
<quoted text>
RiiiiGHT
My bad for not seeing that WHEN I GOOGLE INTO THE MJ FORUM
!
Which doesn't change the fact that it was created in the ELVIS forum.

Fail, floon.
Jed

Renton, WA

#9672 Dec 13, 2012
Pingu wrote:
<quoted text>
If the very mentioning of the beautiful genius amazing -yet to be challenged- Musician,Entertainer & Illusionist MR MICHAEL JACKSON bothers your tiny Tim ego -
WHY do you visit a MICHAEL JACKSON FORUM in the first place, brainless??
Hey dumbass this thread is on the Beatle forum also not just jivass Michael Jackson forum you ignoramus fisheyed fool.
King Elvis

Merrylands, Australia

#9674 Dec 13, 2012
Floons R Haters wrote:
Who is not on any record list around the world: MJ
Who is: Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Justin Beiber, Cold Play, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Keisha...etc.
Silence of a dead ped is golden!
Go, man, GO!

Keep destroying this Wacko forum with your truths - give the floons a taste of their own medicine, of what they tried - and FAILED!- to do over on the Elvis forum!!!

They can't even get together to buy Wacko's stuff to "save" it.

They can't even get together to keep posting on here.

See how they run? Ironically, just like the children that Wacko himself lusted after!

Suck on it, floonies. Your hero is dead. Elvis wins, we win.

You are destroyed!!!!!
Bubba

Renton, WA

#9675 Dec 13, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw Paul's performance last night, Bubba.
I liked the concert overall especially, Billy Joel.
I didn't see The Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton or The Who.
Paul McCartney had energy but his voice was very weak through out.
I could barely hear him and Paul seemed to know that.
The New York crowd was very quiet during Paul's set.
It was painful to watch Paul try to get through the songs.
Even when Paul talked between numbers, his voice just wasn't there.
Anyway, it was still sweet of Paul to play for free in New York.
He should've done more Beatle tunes like "Fixing A Hole"
The Foo Fighters number was overly loud and didn't quite work.
I had the impression that is why Alica Keys ended the night.
She was stunning.
I agree Alicia Keys was stunning and ended the show very well.
Benny

Renton, WA

#9676 Dec 13, 2012
Floons R Haters wrote:
Who is not on any record list around the world: MJ
Who is: Bruno Mars, Taylor Swift, Justin Beiber, Cold Play, Rolling Stones, Led Zepplin, Keisha...etc.
Silence of a dead ped is golden!
Right Pedo is a dead melted plastic pile of ashes.Heeeeeee heeeeeee
Chuck Hays

Clifton Hill, MO

#9677 Dec 13, 2012
Elvis is the biggest selling artist of all time.

Fact!
Case closed!
End of discussion!
Chuck Hays

Clifton Hill, MO

#9678 Dec 13, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm interested in finding You Tube on Paul McCartney.
I wondering about his voice compared with the queen's performance.
Mick Jagger's recent performances surprises the shit out of me.
The Stones sound good and Jagger is really driven, inspired.
I saw them open in Boston ten years ago and they were tired.
I thought they were done.
Eric Clapton looks and sounds good.
The Avett Brothers are as good as any of them. Maybe better.
Benny

Renton, WA

#9679 Dec 13, 2012
King Elvis wrote:
<quoted text>
Go, man, GO!
Keep destroying this Wacko forum with your truths - give the floons a taste of their own medicine, of what they tried - and FAILED!- to do over on the Elvis forum!!!
They can't even get together to buy Wacko's stuff to "save" it.
They can't even get together to keep posting on here.
See how they run? Ironically, just like the children that Wacko himself lusted after!
Suck on it, floonies. Your hero is dead. Elvis wins, we win.
You are destroyed!!!!!
Right King -Pedo Pan is a dead panhead .If he were still around he would lust after Justin Bieber and the wimpy One Direction butt bandits.
King Elvis

Merrylands, Australia

#9680 Dec 13, 2012
Chuck Hays wrote:
Elvis is the biggest selling artist of all time.
Fact!
Case closed!
End of discussion!
You got THAT right!
King Elvis

Merrylands, Australia

#9681 Dec 13, 2012
Benny wrote:
<quoted text>Right King -Pedo Pan is a dead panhead .If he were still around he would lust after Justin Bieber and the wimpy One Direction butt bandits.
Yes!

Bieber would be Wacko's lust object today, sure.

Just like Macauley Culkin, and the kid who played Webster.

Note how he always went for boys? A gay pedophile is what he was, and the world KNOWS IT!!
Pingu

Denmark

#9685 Dec 13, 2012
Floons R Haters wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you. It's not hard to prove them wrong or should I say "it" with a hundred nics. There was stuff auctioned off for $100 and not one of them could muster up that amount of money. Dead beats! Dumb idiots think lying about MJ on the net counts when it comes to reality. The public isn't buying his crap. That's what counts. HE'S DEAD, DEAD, DEAD! My book is about to rock their sick world. They'll be running for the hills.
he soon will be FILTHY AZZ u said ??
Here's something to wipe ur own mr UP&GO!!
http://youtu.be/eR6KBXbH3EI
Read my lips lipowitz
http://youtu.be/eR6KBXbH3EI

Now sodd off old windbag!
Pingu

Denmark

#9686 Dec 13, 2012
keys ? matter of taste - never rocked my world in all respect - but maybe just more Fergie Fan..
King Elvis

Merrylands, Australia

#9687 Dec 13, 2012
WTF is this Danish troll talking about?!
Bubba

Renton, WA

#9690 Dec 13, 2012
Floons R Haters wrote:
<quoted text>Luv her. Sad I missed it. I'll have to watch her online. She's a class act.
She looked and sounded great. Parts of it was on yahoo last night.
RICK

Midlothian, IL

#9691 Dec 17, 2012
The people at Wikipedia are starting to annoy me with lots of glaring errors in regards to Elvis.here are some;1.the 1964 soundtrack album `Kissin'Cousins'WAS NOT CERTIFIED GOLD BY THE RIAA,the SINGLE `Kissin'Cousins b/w `It hurts me'WAS.2.The 1973 album `Elvis',featuring the song`Fool',WAS NOT CERTIFIED 5X PLATINUM[ACTUALLY 10X,MINUS RIAA STUPID RULES],it was the Brookville 2 album set sold on TV that achieved this certification.3.the 1977 single release `My Way'sold over A MILLION COPIES,NOT 500,000,because this single was certified in 1978,and the RIAA sales criteria at that time was GOLD[1 MILLON],PLATINUM[2 MILLION],MULTI-PLATINUM[3 MILLION OR MORE],and I don't appreciate the downplaying of the RIAA'S glaring sales omissions and the upplaying of `ALOHA FROM HAWAII'supposedly not reaching a billion viewers and a couple of OTHER things too numerous to mention,TO THE PEOPLE AT WIKIPEDIA,GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER,peace out.
Elmer Jackson

Seattle, WA

#9692 Dec 17, 2012
RICK wrote:
The people at Wikipedia are starting to annoy me with lots of glaring errors in regards to Elvis.here are some;1.the 1964 soundtrack album `Kissin'Cousins'WAS NOT CERTIFIED GOLD BY THE RIAA,the SINGLE `Kissin'Cousins b/w `It hurts me'WAS.2.The 1973 album `Elvis',featuring the song`Fool',WAS NOT CERTIFIED 5X PLATINUM[ACTUALLY 10X,MINUS RIAA STUPID RULES],it was the Brookville 2 album set sold on TV that achieved this certification.3.the 1977 single release `My Way'sold over A MILLION COPIES,NOT 500,000,because this single was certified in 1978,and the RIAA sales criteria at that time was GOLD[1 MILLON],PLATINUM[2 MILLION],MULTI-PLATINUM[3 MILLION OR MORE],and I don't appreciate the downplaying of the RIAA'S glaring sales omissions and the upplaying of `ALOHA FROM HAWAII'supposedly not reaching a billion viewers and a couple of OTHER things too numerous to mention,TO THE PEOPLE AT WIKIPEDIA,GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER,peace out.
Yep them Dang folks at Wikipedia are starting to annoy me too. Lots of glaring errors in regards to my best drinking songs. DRINKING WITH MY COUSINS was never certified and the song DRUNK FOOL wasn't certified either. You know I have worked hard to perform all my drinking songs and try to sell my CD"s all across America but RIAA never keeps track of how many I've sold. I hate their omissions of Aloha from Havana not reaching the one thousand mark in sales. Those damn folks need to get their act together and give Old Elmer the credit he rightly deserves.
King Elvis

Merrylands, Australia

#9693 Dec 17, 2012
RICK wrote:
Why the hell would you use Wikipedia as a first source?

Aloha From Hawaii was NOT seen by a billion people, that myth has been exposed as impossible both here and elsewhere.

Here - for future reference - is a complete list (up to September 2011) of Elvis' RIAA Gold and Platinum awards.

The RIAA is working tirelessly to get their records up to date; they need absolute proof before doing so. Their records go back years, so it will take time.

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Miss Greater Richmond wins Miss Virginia 8 hr Rb RECORDS 1
White Male Privilege now on I tumes Sat Revelation 1
News Ex-manager Says OJ Confessed (May '08) Sat sunnyt 53
News Jesse Ventura to appeal vacating of $1.8 millio... Sat Hostis Publicus 3
News Elvis Presley Eclipses Michael Jackson (Jul '09) Jun 21 love 53,065
News Who's the King, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley,... (Dec '09) Jun 21 love 7,215
News Michael Jackson Called A 'wonderful Humanitarian' (Jul '09) Jun 20 Anonymous 7,645
More from around the web