Swiss luxury shop denies racism towar...

Swiss luxury shop denies racism towards Oprah

There are 102 comments on the JAM! Showbiz story from Aug 9, 2013, titled Swiss luxury shop denies racism towards Oprah. In it, JAM! Showbiz reports that:

The owner of a luxury goods shop in Zurich has denied that racism was involved when Oprah Winfrey was discouraged from buying a 35,000 Swiss franc handbag.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at JAM! Showbiz.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#1 Aug 10, 2013
Well done, pigs. She deserved it. Our people is facing starvation in Africa and she want to spend thousands of dollars in frivolities made by whites to enrich whites.

She should be ashamed for trying to benefit a people who despise her and her race.

Since Holocaust whites have proven what they are capable to do, it's not a surprise to anyone.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2 Aug 10, 2013
^^Oprah has done enough for poor Africans while they seem to be doing nothing for themselves. Also all working Americans have every right to enjoy the fruits of their hard labor.

Location hidden

#3 Aug 10, 2013
If I went to Europe I wouldn't even spit on the floor to not valorize an unworthy place.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#4 Aug 10, 2013
No matter how rich a black person is the fact of the matter is no self respecting shop owner doesn't want to lose business because a black is in their store.
Boondeeboojoe

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#5 Aug 10, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
^^Oprah has done enough for poor Africans while they seem to be doing nothing for themselves. Also all working Americans have every right to enjoy the fruits of their hard labor.
And know you this how?... Yeah, some sexist school in an already rich country. Am surprise she hasn't built a big crib in an Afrikaner neighborhood in South Africa.^_^

Location hidden

#6 Aug 10, 2013
@Boondeeboojo who cares Oprah owes the people of Africa nothing.
Boondeeboojoe

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#7 Aug 10, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
True.

Location hidden

#8 Aug 10, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
It's due to Africa's situation of extreme poverty that racists - like those who attacked her - underpin and justify their mischevious ideology.

If we Africans want to be respected, we must acquire a respectful stance to ourselves firstly.

Racism will persist untill Africa be completely recovered.

Location hidden

#9 Aug 10, 2013
@DarkJaemes again honey let's not forget that Oprah is from a stolen group of people and Africa may in fact be suffering due to what they did to her and my ancestors. The simple fact that a descendant of slaves is a billionaire should prove that black people are worthy of respect.
Bottoms 4 U

UK

#10 Aug 11, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
If I went to Europe I wouldn't even spit on the floor to not valorize an unworthy place.
you would never get in , if that's how you dress. They'd turn you back at Customs.
UruEuWauWau

Philipsburg, Sint Maarten (Dutch part)

#11 Aug 11, 2013
Clerk in that shop was an Italian babe. ;-D In other words, it was an Italian woman that kicked Yank IViggress mouthy yappin' delusional Oprah's azz outta shop. ;-) & obviously, a few Europeans look Yank produced brainwashin' crappy shows, beyond UK & Ireland. ;-D
The Enemy Within

Washington, DC

#13 Aug 11, 2013
UruEuWauWau wrote:
Clerk in that shop was an Italian babe. ;-D In other words, it was an Italian woman that kicked Yank IViggress mouthy yappin' delusional Oprah's azz outta shop. ;-) & obviously, a few Europeans look Yank produced brainwashin' crappy shows, beyond UK & Ireland. ;-D
I don't find it funny at all that American BW kiss up to you. Exactly why they are worthless as wives.
Boondeeboojoe

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#14 Aug 11, 2013
UruEuWauWau wrote:
Have thought how they would treat your favelas ass if you entered that store. LOL!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15 Aug 11, 2013
Zulma Del Toro wrote:
No matter how rich a black person is the fact of the matter is no self respecting shop owner doesn't want to lose business because a black is in their store.
Lol! Welcome to topix. They were trying to get her to the back of the store where it was dark and only her teeth could be seen.
pn1cladelover

Netherlands

#16 Aug 11, 2013
im surprised the clerk didn't know who oprah was
SMDH

London, UK

#17 Aug 11, 2013
pn1cladelover wrote:
im surprised the clerk didn't know who oprah was
That's just arrogance from an English speaking person in an English speaking country.

Think about it, the clerk was an Italian babe, working in Switzerland, how much Oprah would she see in either country?

Americans and most English speaking people think that because someone is rich and famous in 'our' world, that their fame is know all over the planet. It is not.

I know people here in the UK that have never heard of her, so I'm not surprised she was unknown there. I don't know many celebrities today myself, I do not follow the media much, and have many times come across rich sportspeople and celebrities who seem pissed that I don't know who they are.

Most "celebrities" and rich folks expect deference for their station in life and get peeved when it is not shown, believe me.

Bollywood is a bigger industry than Hollywood, it sells its films in larger quantities and fills more cinemas, yet most westerners have never heard of their HUGE stars.

ħħħ

I personally think that the clerk was just unsure, she was in the shop essentially alone and one of the most expensive items took someone's eye. I think I'd be the same, regardless of race.

Someone buys a £25,000 car, you have the registration and documentation to help get it back if a fraud has been committed. With a bag all she'd have is a receipt...and an angry employer.

We shouldn't rule out the confusion of language too, I wonder how many bags like that they have ever sold? If it is rare then I can see the clerk having to make assumptions, that would be different if it were a popular item.

I also think that it can depend on the way you dress and act, not colour, but does this person look like they could afford it. If you think that they can't, would you embarrassingly say loudly: "You don't look like you can afford it" ?

I don't think Oprah handled it right, I think she could have been clearer in showing that she was well-worth the money...the pictures I've seen of Oprah out-and-about she doesn't dress as smartly as most rich folks, maybe that was the issue. Perhaps, Oprah went shopping looking too honest, whereas most rich women spend hours looking good before they even go to the car...

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa OK. & Lugano Switzerland

#18 Aug 11, 2013
The article seems like a plug to promote her new movie to me.
It's not scifi so not interested.
SMDH

London, UK

#19 Aug 11, 2013
Darkjaemess wrote:
Well done, pigs. She deserved it. Our people is facing starvation in Africa and she want to spend thousands of dollars in frivolities made by whites to enrich whites.
She should be ashamed for trying to benefit a people who despise her and her race.
Since Holocaust whites have proven what they are capable to do, it's not a surprise to anyone.
Jahx, you're a hypocrite, don't most of your screen names come from computer/console games?

How much do you spend on White invented/created frivolities?

Have you:

An iPad?
An iPhone?
A smart-phone?
A computer?
A car?
A console?

How many things do you use very day, that when bought profited WHite people, that are not life essentials?

How many bucks have you sent back to the sub-Saharan/Home Heidelbergensis hybrids in Africa? Or the Homo sapiens in Ethiopia etc?

She's helped out Africa with more money and time than you ever will in your probably short drive-by ended life.

She doesn't tell you what to spend your money {money, a White creation}, so don't tell her, hypocrite.

Sure, I'd like to see every billionaire on Earth living a less rich lifestyle and giving the money to the needy worldwide, but:

1) All of them together couldn't do squat to really end world poverty, and long-term, IF they could, mankind is doomed, there are too many of us.

2) The west defends freedom, and freedom says let them spend their money how they want - legalities permitting.

Stop the hypocrisy, Jahx, next time you want to buy another console or game, send the money to Africa instead, then you'll be doing almost as much as Oprah is...instead of doing nothing, like you are now.
pn1cladelover

Netherlands

#20 Aug 11, 2013
SMDH wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just arrogance from an English speaking person in an English speaking country.
Think about it, the clerk was an Italian babe, working in Switzerland, how much Oprah would she see in either country?
Americans and most English speaking people think that because someone is rich and famous in 'our' world, that their fame is know all over the planet. It is not.
I know people here in the UK that have never heard of her, so I'm not surprised she was unknown there. I don't know many celebrities today myself, I do not follow the media much, and have many times come across rich sportspeople and celebrities who seem pissed that I don't know who they are.
Most "celebrities" and rich folks expect deference for their station in life and get peeved when it is not shown, believe me.
Bollywood is a bigger industry than Hollywood, it sells its films in larger quantities and fills more cinemas, yet most westerners have never heard of their HUGE stars.
ħħħ
I personally think that the clerk was just unsure, she was in the shop essentially alone and one of the most expensive items took someone's eye. I think I'd be the same, regardless of race.
Someone buys a £25,000 car, you have the registration and documentation to help get it back if a fraud has been committed. With a bag all she'd have is a receipt...and an angry employer.
We shouldn't rule out the confusion of language too, I wonder how many bags like that they have ever sold? If it is rare then I can see the clerk having to make assumptions, that would be different if it were a popular item.
I also think that it can depend on the way you dress and act, not colour, but does this person look like they could afford it. If you think that they can't, would you embarrassingly say loudly: "You don't look like you can afford it" ?
I don't think Oprah handled it right, I think she could have been clearer in showing that she was well-worth the money...the pictures I've seen of Oprah out-and-about she doesn't dress as smartly as most rich folks, maybe that was the issue. Perhaps, Oprah went shopping looking too honest, whereas most rich women spend hours looking good before they even go to the car...
oprahs a house hold name, people in Europe do know about her.

I don't think oprah handled it bad, the clerk was an assho.e

Location hidden

#23 Aug 11, 2013
BL-P wrote:
<quoted text>
To begin with, No one one Africa asked Oprah for anything. She decided to do muscle her way into Africa for recognition purposes.
And she is even further trying to divide and cause strife in the genders in Africa by opening an all Girl's School whilst ignoring the many poor blacks and ghetto-rats in the US.
Oprah is a poison and the same way the Swiss has rejected her so should other nations.
I agree that she should have let boys in the school but I give her credit for trying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black Entertainment Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News From reissues to reunions: What Prince fans can... Mon @Real Kelly 3
News Oprah Winfrey says she weighs 200 pounds (Dec '08) Sun Bear 1,084
News Michael Jackson Estate Says IRS Expert Committe... Apr 20 The Power Of Mast... 3
News Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2's track list is ... Apr 20 The Power Of Mast... 1
News Lambs Be On Alert: Mariah Carey Is Dropping New... Apr 17 eyes always pop out 1
News Moonwalking With The Angels Apr 15 The Power Of Mast... 1
News IRS May Take Michael Jackson's Childrens' Multi... (Apr '16) Apr 15 Space ace 42
More from around the web