Should we even expect the media to portray black people positively?

Since: Sep 15

London, UK

#1 Sep 4, 2016
After a year on topix forum, due to some of the scornful abuse I've witnessed black women receiving
From black men in particular, I've decided to open up a discussion where we can hopefully help each other come to a realistic understanding of what's going on in these people's minds.

The media can be thought of as a Global Supermarket, the mind as a consumer, and we grow or disintegrate according to what we consume. At present, this media global supermarket is run by a monopoly of self-interested supremacists.. white supremacists. Is it then realistic for black people to expect to take a trip to the supermarket and come out with anything more than a bunch of weave, some skin bleach and a good excuse to use this junk.

What happens though if we stop consuming media.. will we suffer a starvation of mind? What will be the result?.. will we be ostracized? And does it even matter?
The big question, I suppose, is can we open up a market where we can come out with the goods that belong to us? Or have we been robbed of everything? Is there nothing left but to submit to white supremacy?
Miss Reality

Manchester, UK

#2 Sep 8, 2016
I think that progress starts with us. As black people we need to learn how to be more supportive of each other and we must also ask, how do we see ourselves? We must first acknowledge how represent ourselves and how we treat each other before we can think about how media represents us.

Instead of just consuming media, we need to create media that represents us fairly and appropriately. It's time to build our own platforms so that we can choose how we are represented https://youtu.be/UdBEgdY8KNY

London, UK

#3 Sep 9, 2016
Miss Reality wrote:
I think that progress starts with us. As black people we need to learn how to be more supportive of each other and we must also ask, how do we see ourselves? We must first acknowledge how represent ourselves and how we treat each other before we can think about how media represents us.

Instead of just consuming media, we need to create media that represents us fairly and appropriately. It's time to build our own platforms so that we can choose how we are represented https://youtu.be/UdBEgdY8KNY
I agree.. We need to start with news media.
anon

London, UK

#5 Sep 10, 2016
DrPeeper wrote:
After a year on topix forum, due to some of the scornful abuse I've witnessed black women receiving
From black men in particular, I've decided to open up a discussion where we can hopefully help each other come to a realistic understanding of what's going on in these people's minds.

The media can be thought of as a Global Supermarket, the mind as a consumer, and we grow or disintegrate according to what we consume. At present, this media global supermarket is run by a monopoly of self-interested supremacists.. white supremacists. Is it then realistic for black people to expect to take a trip to the supermarket and come out with anything more than a bunch of weave, some skin bleach and a good excuse to use this junk.

What happens though if we stop consuming media.. will we suffer a starvation of mind? What will be the result?.. will we be ostracized? And does it even matter?
The big question, I suppose, is can we open up a market where we can come out with the goods that belong to us? Or have we been robbed of everything? Is there nothing left but to submit to white supremacy?
the white mans, dumb white blonde bimbos are the whores of the world, and the world bows down to them, in newspapers, magazines, television, film and the internet, i'm afraid you'll just have to suck it up because with the Internet this will mean more and more black males all over the world at younger and younger ages being exposed to the white mans meat.
Truth

London, UK

#6 Sep 12, 2016
It is White media it is to be expected. As black people, we should expect such things because white people do not like us. I think many black do not understand that not only do white people like us, but all white people are racist! l tell black people, white people are not our friends but our enemies! But your average black person couldn't care less. Many of our people love, deeply love white people!

That is a big big problem! What are we doing!? These goes for all Black people worldwide. Some of us have fooled ourselves to think that we are the 'better' black people! That is ridiculous. All black worldwide should be and are one family. To the white man we are N****s! Cmon wake up Black family!
Truth

London, UK

#7 Sep 12, 2016
Truth wrote:
It is White media it is to be expected. As black people, we should expect such things because white people do not like us. I think many black do not understand that not only do white people like us, but all white people are racist! l tell black people, white people are not our friends but our enemies! But your average black person couldn't care less. Many of our people love, deeply love white people!

That is a big big problem! What are we doing!? These goes for all Black people worldwide. Some of us have fooled ourselves to think that we are the 'better' black people! That is ridiculous. All black worldwide should be and are one family. To the white man we are N****s! Cmon wake up Black family!
*Understand that white people do NOT like us! They like our culture and that has fooled many of our people to think that they love us. Wake up Black family! White Supremacy has fooled most of us. White people are NOT your friends!
Why

Dunstable, UK

#9 Oct 16, 2016
DrPeeper wrote:
Is there nothing left but to submit to white supremacy?
I ask my self that same question every day
Tatjana

Birmingham, UK

#10 Oct 21, 2016
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>

*Understand that white people do NOT like us! They like our culture and that has fooled many of our people to think that they love us. Wake up Black family! White Supremacy has fooled most of us. White people are NOT your friends!
*white Bittish and Americans are not your friends but anyone (and i really mean anyone) is more than welcome to nordic countries and eastern europe. Here you will face very little racisim (if not at all) compared to how much of it we do have to walk through in uk and usa.

As a lithuanian girl i have to take racisim from not only native english speakers but also from asians, middle easterns and black people.

Please do not pack us to same group with those horribly racist english folks. Feels so fking bad. We hate those bitches more than you do.

London, UK

#11 Oct 22, 2016
Tatjana wrote:
<quoted text>

*white Bittish and Americans are not your friends but anyone (and i really mean anyone) is more than welcome to nordic countries and eastern europe. Here you will face very little racisim (if not at all) compared to how much of it we do have to walk through in uk and usa.

As a lithuanian girl i have to take racisim from not only native english speakers but also from asians, middle easterns and black people.

Please do not pack us to same group with those horribly racist english folks. Feels so fking bad. We hate those bitches more than you do.
I think we can also draw a distinction between racist countries/societies and racist people.. Some of the least racist people come out of racist societies and some of the most racist people live in so called liberal societies. Its obviously much easier to change as an individual than as a society. I don't care what country people are from.

You have never faced racism from black people. The word you want to use is prejudice.
EFrancis

London, UK

#12 Nov 27, 2016
DrPeeper wrote:
<quoted text>

I think we can also draw a distinction between racist countries/societies and racist people.. Some of the least racist people come out of racist societies and some of the most racist people live in so called liberal societies. Its obviously much easier to change as an individual than as a society. I don't care what country people are from.

You have never faced racism from black people. The word you want to use is prejudice.
Yes Thornton Heath is racist. Needless to say more.
anon

London, UK

#13 Nov 28, 2016
EFrancis wrote:
<quoted text>

Yes Thornton Heath is racist. Needless to say more.
yes, because I would like you to explain that statement please ?.
EFrancis

London, UK

#14 Nov 28, 2016
anon wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, because I would like you to explain that statement please ?.
Two white cyclists were riding through Thornton Health in 1978. Thornton Heath was a progressive black area at the time as families were moving in from Brixton and Stockwell etc. Anyway one of the cyclists was pulled from his bike and stabbed to death by a gang of Blacks the other cyclist got away. This is just tip of the iceberg. Did it receive as much media coverage as the Lawrence case? No. But blacks weren't in charge of the media it was and still is corrupt whites. But what happened to that cyclist minding his own business well....
anon

UK

#15 Nov 29, 2016
EFrancis wrote:
<quoted text>
Two white cyclists were riding through Thornton Health in 1978. Thornton Heath was a progressive black area at the time as families were moving in from Brixton and Stockwell etc. Anyway one of the cyclists was pulled from his bike and stabbed to death by a gang of Blacks the other cyclist got away. This is just tip of the iceberg. Did it receive as much media coverage as the Lawrence case? No. But blacks weren't in charge of the media it was and still is corrupt whites. But what happened to that cyclist minding his own business well....
thanks, I don't know anything about what you are talking about in 1978, I have never heard anything about it, regarding brixton and stockwell, the only things I remember back in the 1980's regarding gangs of blacks, were the cases involving posh white totty, who were raped, the mp's daughter and the 2 public school girls, I don't know if they were racist blacks though.
EFrancis

London, UK

#16 Dec 23, 2016
DrPeeper wrote:
<quoted text>

East europeans you'll find don't like black people. You're right the fairer nordic countries are more liberal. It'll be a shame to see those beautiful blondes bred out through pouting in these countries but that's unlikely to happen as they are too organisedand intelligent.
EFrancis

London, UK

#17 Dec 23, 2016
DrPeeper wrote:
<quoted text>

I agree.. We need to start with news media.
We need more black films by black actors. And drama series etc by predominantly black actors. Whites have been in the spotlight too long, we're too dominant in films and media.
Correct

Somerset, KY

#23 Sep 4, 2017
Keep on 'em black people. To whites, equality is like rhythm: We've been working on it along time and we got a long way to go.
My world

West Roxbury, MA

#25 Dec 17, 2017
In the UK it will be tough, in America its complicated but in Africa they have their own movie industries over there like Nollywood and ghanaian movie industry, so this is not a issue for them.
Anonymous

Chicago, IL

#26 Jul 18, 2018
It's simple, make ur own movies

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.