State of the Black youths in London

State of the Black youths in London

Posted in the Black British Forum

The Revolutionist

UK

#1 Aug 7, 2011
I have recently moved to London and have been a bit disappointed with the Black community!
The mentality of some of the youths is absolutely out of this world, they have no direction in life whatsoever and only have ambitions to be the big man on the street.

Even those as young as ten are talking about being "gangster" or "bad boys" and some are even carrying knives, WTF is going on here and what is it with all these postcode turf wars?

Does anyone have any answers?

Since: Jul 09

London, UK

#2 Aug 8, 2011
The Revolutionist wrote:
I have recently moved to London and have been a bit disappointed with the Black community!
The mentality of some of the youths is absolutely out of this world, they have no direction in life whatsoever and only have ambitions to be the big man on the street.
Even those as young as ten are talking about being "gangster" or "bad boys" and some are even carrying knives, WTF is going on here and what is it with all these postcode turf wars?
Does anyone have any answers?
Hi Rev!
Whereabouts in London are you? I honestly couldn't tell you what it is, I have heard some youths talking and implying that they "need" to this way, or they will get walked all over, so I'm guessing that some of it may stem from fear! Also, as you know, many black kids are excluded from school and are not encouraged to do better for themselves, so maybe the gang culture gives them some warped sense of belonging? I really don't know! And the thing is, you can't even blame it totally on single parenthood or poverty, as some of these kids come from two parent families, some are even privately educated, but fall in with the wrong crowds anyway! Smfh..
The Revolutionist

UK

#3 Aug 8, 2011
TruthbknownLDN wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Rev!
Whereabouts in London are you? I honestly couldn't tell you what it is, I have heard some youths talking and implying that they "need" to this way, or they will get walked all over, so I'm guessing that some of it may stem from fear! Also, as you know, many black kids are excluded from school and are not encouraged to do better for themselves, so maybe the gang culture gives them some warped sense of belonging? I really don't know! And the thing is, you can't even blame it totally on single parenthood or poverty, as some of these kids come from two parent families, some are even privately educated, but fall in with the wrong crowds anyway! Smfh..
Hi TBK, I'm in the East of London, work part-time in the South and have just started up a business in central london Piccadilly, I am looking to buy a house shortly in a nice area soon, if finance allows.

The thing is, I have been talking to many youths mainly in the South and they seem to only care about doing "an earner" as they seem to call it, lol, I have even spoken to quite a few who are eager to join in with the recent riots and "raise a change", I think this is disappointing behaviour... I know jobs are hard to come by in London but these youths have given up and seem ok with dossing about. I think something needs to be done fast... Also, I have noticed that the system down here has completely given up on them as they are now just considered a menace to society, there are also many wiggers here who think it is a good thing to be gangster and are copying the black gang youths and joining in the turf wars, lol... I hadn't realised things were like this for the youngsters... I think it is bad culture mixed with systematical neglect

The government has let them down and need to provide something for the young to do or we will see nothing but more silly turf wars on the street and kids stabbing each other!

I hear they are considering cancelling the Notting hill Carnival this year due to the riots, that would be a shame if they do that... Also, I hear that the police are about to get new powers and will be able to stop and search crowds of more than 2 people after 9pm, wow.

London, UK

#4 Aug 8, 2011
The Revolutionist wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi TBK, I'm in the East of London, work part-time in the South and have just started up a business in central london Piccadilly, I am looking to buy a house shortly in a nice area soon, if finance allows.
The thing is, I have been talking to many youths mainly in the South and they seem to only care about doing "an earner" as they seem to call it, lol, I have even spoken to quite a few who are eager to join in with the recent riots and "raise a change", I think this is disappointing behaviour... I know jobs are hard to come by in London but these youths have given up and seem ok with dossing about. I think something needs to be done fast... Also, I have noticed that the system down here has completely given up on them as they are now just considered a menace to society, there are also many wiggers here who think it is a good thing to be gangster and are copying the black gang youths and joining in the turf wars, lol... I hadn't realised things were like this for the youngsters... I think it is bad culture mixed with systematical neglect
The government has let them down and need to provide something for the young to do or we will see nothing but more silly turf wars on the street and kids stabbing each other!
I hear they are considering cancelling the Notting hill Carnival this year due to the riots, that would be a shame if they do that... Also, I hear that the police are about to get new powers and will be able to stop and search crowds of more than 2 people after 9pm, wow.
Yeah, I did hear about the Carnival possibly being cancelled, apparently it's all kicking off in Birmingham now, did you hear about that?
Wow, I didn't hear about the new search powers, that's madness. I just hope all this doesn't go on for much longer!!
^\^-_-^/^

London, UK

#5 Aug 9, 2011
I think too much blame is put on the government instead of the poor parenting.
I mean, what do you do with the bad apples?

They are a menace to society and a burden to those of us who just want to live peacefully. The only difference is that we are talking about lives and not fruits... So the solution is not as simple. A pity.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids.
The Revolutionist

UK

#6 Aug 9, 2011
TruthbknownLDN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I did hear about the Carnival possibly being cancelled, apparently it's all kicking off in Birmingham now, did you hear about that?
Wow, I didn't hear about the new search powers, that's madness. I just hope all this doesn't go on for much longer!!
I think that they have been looking for excuses for years to cancel the carnivals and now they have the perfect excuse, lets face it, it would be mad to have the carnival right now with the way things are going!
I heard they destroyed half of the newly built bullring in Birmingham town centre and riots kicked off in my old area of handsworth, the riots have reached as far as Manchester now and may spread all over the country!

I have word from a government source that the police have been told to stop and search as many groups of black youths as possible with immediate affect, I also hear that there is a possibility that the police that was shot was actually the victim of a ricochet police bullet, they are doing a second test on the bullet that was lodged in the coppers radio, and if it proves to be a police issue, I believe there will be bloodshed on the streets!... lets hope not!

London, UK

#7 Aug 9, 2011
The Revolutionist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that they have been looking for excuses for years to cancel the carnivals and now they have the perfect excuse, lets face it, it would be mad to have the carnival right now with the way things are going!
I heard they destroyed half of the newly built bullring in Birmingham town centre and riots kicked off in my old area of handsworth, the riots have reached as far as Manchester now and may spread all over the country!
I have word from a government source that the police have been told to stop and search as many groups of black youths as possible with immediate affect, I also hear that there is a possibility that the police that was shot was actually the victim of a ricochet police bullet, they are doing a second test on the bullet that was lodged in the coppers radio, and if it proves to be a police issue, I believe there will be bloodshed on the streets!... lets hope not!
I hope not too, I've been feeling really uneasy all day, got sent home
from work two hours early today, and to be honest I was bricking it on the way home. I'm worried for friends and family members as well.
Oh, when will it all end?:(

London, UK

#8 Aug 9, 2011
The Revolutionist wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I don't even think it's about the police, it's just opportunists taking advantage of the situation. I've even heard the bnp and nf are getting involved in certain areas in London. KMT...
The Revolutionist

UK

#9 Aug 9, 2011
[QUOTE who="^\^-_-^/^"]I think too much blame is put on the government instead of the poor parenting.
They are a menace to society and a burden to those of us who just want to live peacefully. The only difference is that we are talking about lives and not fruits... So the solution is not as simple. A pity.
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids.[/QUOTE]

I think the government and parents are to blame as many of these youths seem to be allowed to run wild on the streets and their parents cannot do much about it, but you also have to remember that the government have taken a lot of powers away from parents, if you are too strict with kids nowadays they can go to child services who can remove the child from the home, also if you beat your child (which some of these kids need) child services can take all your kids away from you!.. They put them in a home that offers absolutely no home training or disciplining whatsoever.

Also, some of these kids are actually brought up in good homes but once they get out on the streets they follow their peers doing all manner of nonsense!... Parents are limited when it comes to keeping eyes on their children they can only see so much, it takes a community to raise children but the black community is a shamble at the moment so kids are doing whatever they want when away from their parents and some parents are just as bad as the kids... I think laws will be passed after this bout of rioting which will force parents to be more responsible for their kids or suffer the consequences!...

That is what is needed, but at the same time the government has to offer things for the youths to do example training, apprenticeships and so on to keep them busy and give them hope!
The Revolutionist

UK

#10 Aug 9, 2011
TruthbknownLDN wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest, I don't even think it's about the police, it's just opportunists taking advantage of the situation. I've even heard the bnp and nf are getting involved in certain areas in London. KMT...
In most cases it isn't about the police but in some it is, because I have not too long had a call from my peeps in Brum who tell me that they completely burned down a police station and the police had to block off the entire area!

However, there are many who are just looking for opportunities to loot for whatever they can get...
The Revolutionist

UK

#11 Aug 9, 2011
TruthbknownLDN wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not too, I've been feeling really uneasy all day, got sent home
from work two hours early today, and to be honest I was bricking it on the way home. I'm worried for friends and family members as well.
Oh, when will it all end?:(
Lol, yeah I got sent home an hour early and have to start earlier tomorrow and leave early, I hope this doesn't spread outside the country!
^\^-_-^/^

London, UK

#12 Aug 10, 2011
The Revolutionist wrote:
[QUOTE who="^\^-_-^/^"]I think too much blame is put on the government instead of the poor parenting.
Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have kids."

I think the government and parents are to blame as many of these youths seem to be allowed to run wild on the streets and their parents cannot do much about it, but you also have to remember that the government have taken a lot of powers away from parents, if you are too strict with kids nowadays they can go to child services who can remove the child from the home, also if you beat your child (which some of these kids need) child services can take all your kids away from you!.. They put them in a home that offers absolutely no home training or disciplining whatsoever.

Also, some of these kids are actually brought up in good homes but once they get out on the streets they follow their peers doing all manner of nonsense!... Parents are limited when it comes to keeping eyes on their children they can only see so much, it takes a community to raise children but the black community is a shamble at the moment so kids are doing whatever they want when away from their parents and some parents are just as bad as the kids... I think laws will be passed after this bout of rioting which will force parents to be more responsible for their kids or suffer the consequences!...

That is what is needed, but at the same time the government has to offer things for the youths to do example training, apprenticeships and so on to keep them busy and give them hope!
Oh, you are definitely too right about parents being unable to discipline their kids as they see fit without getting into trouble.

The thing is, shouldn't the child fear and love their parents at the same time which stops them from running to social services?
I was disciplined when I misbehaved and it was understandable.
I understood when I was about to disciplined based on my actions and was taught right from wrong. How to avoid getting beats or having things I enjoyed having confiscated or losing certain rights.
And at the same time, I always loved my family to the point that I never felt as if I need a new family.
Maybe it's a generation and cultural thing. Some parents are scared of laying a finger on their child, so they don't... And the child becomes aware at an early age that all he or she has to do is open their mouth to a social worker and they can get their parents into trouble.
It's sad.

It reminds me a little of Nineteen Eighty Four.., how kids could get their parents in trouble... Just by going to the Thought Police.

London, UK

#13 Aug 10, 2011
[QUOTE who="^\^-_-^/^"]< quoted text>
Oh, you are definitely too right about parents being unable to discipline their kids as they see fit without getting into trouble.
The thing is, shouldn't the child fear and love their parents at the same time which stops them from running to social services?
I understood when I was about to disciplined based on my actions and was taught right from wrong. How to avoid getting beats or having things I enjoyed having confiscated or losing certain rights.
And at the same time, I always loved my family to the point that I never felt as if I need a new family.
Maybe it's a generation and cultural thing. Some parents are scared of laying a finger on their child, so they don't... And the child becomes aware at an early age that all he or she has to do is open their mouth to a social worker and they can get their parents into trouble.
It's sad.
It reminds me a little of Nineteen Eighty Four.., how kids could get their parents in trouble... Just by going to the Thought Police.[/QUOTE]

The trouble is, the Nanny State doesn't seem to know where to draw the line. They don't recognise the fact that there is a difference between chastising a child, and abusing them. They will take a child away from their parents for swearing at them, and yet they can leave children who really are being abused, such as Victoria Climbie and Baby P to get killed!
They need to make clear distinctions and act accordingly.
^\^-_-^/^

London, UK

#14 Aug 10, 2011
TruthbknownLDN wrote:
It's sad.
It reminds me a little of Nineteen Eighty Four.., how kids could get their parents in trouble... Just by going to the Thought Police."

The trouble is, the Nanny State doesn't seem to know where to draw the line. They don't recognise the fact that there is a difference between chastising a child, and abusing them. They will take a child away from their parents for swearing at them, and yet they can leave children who really are being abused, such as Victoria Climbie and Baby P to get killed!
They need to make clear distinctions and act accordingly.
Very true
The Revolutionist

UK

#15 Aug 10, 2011
It's sad.
It reminds me a little of Nineteen Eighty Four.., how kids could get their parents in trouble... Just by going to the Thought Police.[/QUOTE]

It may sound crazy but we are now living in an era where children rule their parents, the days of heavy discipline are old school, parents do not have the powers to bring their children up as they see best, the government have intervened and laid down the barriers which are all in favour of the kids, they seem to have more rights than their parents. Then the government turns around wondering why parents can't control them, lol... Black children are animated and aggressive in respect to other children and need some good licks to keep them on the straight and narrow while growing up.

The system doesn't know what the hell to do with these kids but yet they want to restrict you from doing your job... and, telling black children that they will have their allowance cut plus things taken off of them cannot work in most cases, maybe for white rich kids... Many parents just give-up on disciplining their kids as what can you do if they refuse to listen to you?... The kids know the law is on their side.... This will teach the government not to poke their noses in people private lives!... now the government has to foot the bill for the damage caused by a load of unruly youths, serves them right!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Black British Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Black people: Say NO to interracial dating (Jul '16) 3 hr Anonymous 31
White girls and black girls (Aug '16) 3 hr Aria 22
Who benefits from trashing black women? 12 hr haters never win 1
A Reality Black women need to get? 12 hr anom 1
Reasons why black women are so nasty and have f... (Feb '15) 12 hr mona 196
The black gender war on YouTube (Oct '16) 12 hr mona 9
This is dumbest forum I have ever been on ! (Mar '16) 12 hr mona 6
More from around the web