Black people STOP TRYING TO MAKE US M...
Courtney

Jupiter, FL

#4084 Jul 13, 2014
I've read these comments & some of you seem educated but the comments are super ignorant. TECHNICALLY Black Americans are all mixed & it would be hard to prove other wise. I am one of those people you dont like, i call people mixed with black black because they are. Not all mixed people look black or white it all depends on whos features are more dominant. i am a sexy chocolate brother & my sister looks like her daddy was a damn Viking. Explain that. Both out mother &father have dark brown skin. See now your thinking. great Grandfather also dark while great grandmother is mixed with white native American & 3 generation black slave(who are highly mixed) most of my living relatives are so light skinned im the one standing out at family reunions. Do a genealogy on your family & i bet your not as black as you think you are, just ask Oprah
QBB

Toledo, OH

#4085 Jul 13, 2014
Courtney wrote:
I've read these comments & some of you seem educated but the comments are super ignorant. TECHNICALLY Black Americans are all mixed & it would be hard to prove other wise. I am one of those people you dont like, i call people mixed with black black because they are. Not all mixed people look black or white it all depends on whos features are more dominant. i am a sexy chocolate brother & my sister looks like her daddy was a damn Viking. Explain that. Both out mother &father have dark brown skin. See now your thinking. great Grandfather also dark while great grandmother is mixed with white native American & 3 generation black slave(who are highly mixed) most of my living relatives are so light skinned im the one standing out at family reunions. Do a genealogy on your family & i bet your not as black as you think you are, just ask Oprah
Nice explanation! Also, as far as I know, it was white people who created the one-drop rule and that kept people like the OP from being able to refer to him/herself as anything but black. In America, It was not black people who created that nonsense. So perhaps the OP should go to the source of the designation and complain there. I am mixed and have no problem being blacck. Nowadays, I don't think too many black people would even care what the OP is or how he/she identifies him/herself. The OP is apparently fixated on it, however.
Or nawl

Killeen, TX

#4086 Jul 13, 2014
Black people should petition for a bill that makes Latins, Asians, and biracials fight for their own civil rights. Is y'alls mad. Or nawl?
I lovepink

Virginia Beach, VA

#4087 Jul 24, 2014
Its that we birical people do not want to be called black we want to be called mixed. Yes I acknowledge me black side and I love it but I also have a white side. I know everyone is going to give me crap about this but its the truth and just because black is a dominant trait doesn't mean you can look black. Some half black and half white can look white and some can look black or maybe just both. Just because I have a black father doesn't mean im black (some people think you are what your father is but you are what your mother is too) and since my mom is white that makes me Mixed race with both black and white features. I think its crap that people think mixed race people just black and I feel in my opinion its disrespectful to me and No Im NOT RACIST AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE !!!!!
The Plain Truth

Micro, NC

#4088 Jul 24, 2014
Absidee wrote:
Okay not all black people but some black people they will try to say that I'm mixed because I'm half black and it's stupid. I am part Native American and part black that is what I am I am not and never will be black. I do not look black in any way. Then they get bitter and accuse you of "disowning your heritage" if you say your only half black. WE ARE NOT BLACK. WE ARE /HALF/ BLACK. Why do some black people try to tell us what we are????
Who gives a damn? You could be half kangaroo if you want to! Why do yall half and halves always assume that all blacks want to claim yo azzes? You want to be anything else but black don't you? Because the white man tells you that being black is a negative thing! But if black was the dominate culture you would be breaking your chicken neck to claim your heritage would'nt you? So you can just get that out of your ignorant mind that we all want to claim you! Because in many circles in the black communiity you would be rejected because you are half of anything! Blacks and native americans have a long history of intermingling and never looked at it the way that you do until now! They had no problem with it until the white man told azz holes like you that it was a bad thing! So go on and keep making yourself miserable, but you can not change who you are and what you are remember that! lol
The Plain Truth

Micro, NC

#4089 Jul 24, 2014
ubee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don’t you pitch this crap in the Caucasian forums, because black people didn’t start classifying different races. Shit, if it wasn’t for Caucasians classifying Americans as black all black Americans would call themselves mixed. The black American populations who are descendents of slaves aren’t in anyway full blooded African. Stop crying and get over yourself because no one cares. I bet whatever race you’re claiming to be isn’t claiming your ass.
You got that right! lol
The Plain Truth

Micro, NC

#4090 Jul 24, 2014
djhixx wrote:
<quoted text>i never call myself black, because im not. im part African and that is it. i hardly relate to blacks anyways. most of my friends are Asians or African. we don't eat soul food, my parents weren't born here, none of my ancestors were American slaves, we don't speak Ebonics, we value education over 'bling', we think black Americans are "lost". im not even allowed to associate with them unless my parents know them. but why? most black American gals are mean and have an ill temper and black men, don't get me started. i don't hate blacks, in fact im considering of even going to Howard University, but y'all are weird. its more easier for me to defend women than blacks as a whole.
im not self hating, im part African not BLACK and PROUD. get over it!! especially you TOMMY!!
Don't worry, we don't like you black azz african's either! So the feeling is mutual! Don't think for once that so call AA's even want to be associated with your stank azz! Who cares who you deal with? Nobody! So you and your bush meat eating parents can go to hell! That is the problem with your kind, you come over here with your nose stuck up in the air like you are somthing! We know that part that you played in slavery and have not forgotten it either! You are the white man's lap dog and azz kisser! So you really have nothing to be proud of!
Michele

United States

#4091 Jul 24, 2014
I lovepink wrote:
Its that we birical people do not want to be called black we want to be called mixed. Yes I acknowledge me black side and I love it but I also have a white side. I know everyone is going to give me crap about this but its the truth and just because black is a dominant trait doesn't mean you can look black. Some half black and half white can look white and some can look black or maybe just both. Just because I have a black father doesn't mean im black (some people think you are what your father is but you are what your mother is too) and since my mom is white that makes me Mixed race with both black and white features. I think its crap that people think mixed race people just black and I feel in my opinion its disrespectful to me and No Im NOT RACIST AGAINST BLACK PEOPLE !!!!!
your pink demon ancestors are the ones that created the one drop rule. Now you want biracial people to be considered pink like you. Biracials are not pink demons.
Locations

Antioch, CA

#4092 Sep 25, 2014
Because they black need you mixed to survive hang on to prevent from becoming extinct that why they mix . Its called the x factor a mixed person. That's why too many light mixed or whatever together is a serious threat to their existence (talking about one mixed light skin to the other, or to another ethnic group...it's called divide and conquer..while they try to mix in other to survive they hate mixed- while they try to mixed ..a hypocrisy when all said & done..

Diary if a genetic factor
Rtucker

Chicago, IL

#4093 Oct 15, 2014
i can swim wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Race and culture are different thing.I belive if u are adecendent of any african,u are black.Alica keys,halle berry ...are black to me.
I see so many mix black saying they are not black.Even some full black ppl hate being called black.To me it is very sad.
If you have a white mother and a black father why would just automatically call yourself only black. Labeling yourself black when you came out a white womans vagina is a little strange don't you think. You are 50% black and 50% white. Both races are a part of you. Why totally dismiss a whole side of you? That is insulting to the other parent whose dna you share. You do realize that the one drop rule is ancient and not an actual scientific thing, right?
sevans

Norman, OK

#4094 Oct 18, 2014
fresh wrote:
well I only consider people who are at least 76 percent Black to be black... If a person has a grand parent of another race then, I don't really fell it is right to claim them... But, someone between 60-75 can be made an honorary black on a case to case bases lol...
I think looking at percentages is incorrect although I can somewhat see where your thinking lies. The truth is (according to The Human Genome Project - National Geographic) that you can look completely black on the outside and your genes are more closely related to Caucasians. You can look completely white on the outside and be more closely related to the first Africans. The truth is that we all came from Africa 70,000 years ago and we have created arbritrary mental constructs called race. Its the HUMAN RACE with different amounts of pigment in our skin.

Level 5

Since: Jul 09

London, UK

#4095 Oct 18, 2014
Black people don't try to make mixed people black. Mixed people are mixed.
LewisH

Edgware, UK

#4096 Nov 7, 2014
Absidee wrote:
Okay not all black people but some black people they will try to say that I'm mixed because I'm half black and it's stupid. I am part Native American and part black that is what I am I am not and never will be black. I do not look black in any way. Then they get bitter and accuse you of "disowning your heritage" if you say your only half black. WE ARE NOT BLACK. WE ARE /HALF/ BLACK. Why do some black people try to tell us what we are????
Do they, so what do the white people call you or tell you what you are? Believe me black people certainly do not want any part of anyone who has to go through such great pains to explain or excuse who they are. Only you care what you really are, no one else does, and you will find that the one drop of black, crow law in America does not come from black people, so lose the chip on your shoulder and stop blaming others for you insecurities.
LewisH

Edgware, UK

#4097 Nov 7, 2014
I lovepink wrote:
Chanel your frustration to the white people who label anyone with one drop of black blood in them as black, and don't be offensive to Black people who don't give a damn about you and your "mix-up"
LewisH

Edgware, UK

#4098 Nov 7, 2014
young Seany wrote:
Hey guys. I just wanted to say that I'm mixed race (White/Black). And I get frustrated when ANYBODY simply refer s to me as being 'Black'. It is a biological/genetic impossibility for a white woman to be the mother of black kids, or for a white man to be the father of black kids. We are MIXED race. Barack Obama is NOT the first black president, he is the first mixed race/biracial president. My mother is white and she never has (nor ever will) refer to me as being black. The tendency to call mixed people black seems to stem from the one drop rule. But this rule was introduced during the slave trade. It os clearly qn outdated concept that needs to be abandoned. I live on the U.K. and both white and black people over here seem to identify mixed people as such. There are of course there are Americans who identify mixed/biracial people in the proper way but this whole 'you look black to me so you are'/'society sees you as being black so you are' attitude needs to stpp because not everybody does! I don't mean to sound disrespectful to anybody but black people who want to claim famous biracial people like Barack Obama, Bob Marley and Halle Berry as black need to realise they have ONLY ONE BLACK PARENT. To deny the fact he has a white mother is to deny the existence of the very same woman who brought him into the world. So for all those black (and white) people who still insist on ignoring the facts I suggest you learn from both the black (and white) ppeople who ARE able to acknowledge the fact that mixed race people are just that - MIXED RACE. To deny this is not only disrespectful to the mixed individual but also to their parents! Maybe you Americans can learn a thing or two from us brits, eh. Rant over people! I'm out peace!
U really are full of bs aren't you, and you have a major chip on your shoulder. What the hell do you mean by "black people who want to claim famous biracial people like Barack Obama, Bob Marley and Halle Berry as black need to realise they have ONLY ONE BLACK PARENT." Get over your damn self, the white press calls them black, if they want they call themselves black, that's their choice and not your cross to bear. Your suggestion that black people want to "claim them" is downright disrespectful. No one gives a hoot about you or your particular mixup, take that up with your parents, and stop insulting black people who want absolutely nothing to do with you. Quit living on cloud 9 and take a walk in some predominantly white Home Counties towns in the UK or go to BNP strong areas in London and spew up this nonsense and hear what they will call you - "Black" is the answer, putting it nicely, but recognise that we black people don't want people like you either., capisce???
Sean Cheiber

Edgware, UK

#4099 Nov 7, 2014
ImKevin wrote:
- Mixed people are both black and white or half a race and half the other .
- I honestly don't care, really. I'm mixed and I love it. Some blacks make a huge fuss out of this while the other race simply do not care .
- I've never met my black father, only lived with my mother . People would would already tell that I'm mixed by my hair and skin colour .
- In the 21st Century, some blacks in America would kill for intention, some are actually jealous of what we have go to yahoo answers or other social sites and you'll see this jealously everywhere. Just ignore the people who tells you what you are, you're YOU and no one can change it .
And what exactly is it you have that black people (and not white people) are jealous of? Nothing as far as I can see because you sound like an ignoramus who tragically grew up without a father who probably abandoned your mother. So you probably saw yourself as this dark "stain" amongst all your white relatives when you were growing up, and you realised that even if they loved you, you were not quite one of them. That must have been hard for you, especially since they'd have probably.called you black (something associated with abandonment of you and your mother). If anyone is jealous of that, they need to get their heads examined. Pity dear, is what most would feel for you
Sean Cheiber

Edgware, UK

#4100 Nov 7, 2014
Chris wrote:
BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH, "I'm Not Black" "I'm mixed with this" "I'm Mixed With that" "I don't wanna be Black" Blah blah blah, Whan Whan, Well Let me Tell All of you Something "Hon". No One CARES what u are Mixed with the Point that all of u don't get is if you are mixed with a Drop of Black Blood you ARE BLACK!!!! Awww Boo Hoo!!! Get Over It! It's an American Rule. Always has been. And Always Will Be. And there is nothing Neither of You Can Do about it.
I love it, here you are "mixed" people, read this and stop deceiving yourselves & insulting black people. Your self hatred stems from rejection of white people (like Chris, who I shall be addressing shortly) and them telling u that you have no right to claim your white side, so please take your confusion and frustration elsewhere as no black person has time or interest in your issues. Call yourselves exactly what you want,, but please don't inform us about it and certainly do not put us black people down in the process.
Sean Cheiber

Edgware, UK

#4101 Nov 7, 2014
anonymous wrote:
Oh god! There's no doubt some Americans are the biggest idiots in the world lol since they came up with the ideology of the one drop rule. but I can't stand how bitter African Americans are lol let people identify as they want is someone is Directly mixed/different race parents THEY ARE MIXED NOT BLACK but as they say MISERY LOVES COMPANY AND AFRICAN AMERICANS ARE just that lol
The only bitter people I see here are mixed, who don't want to be called black after being rejected by white people. Get it into your head, black people don't want you either with all your explanations and identification baggage. Seek Jesus for help with it
Sean Cheiber

Edgware, UK

#4102 Nov 8, 2014
Chris wrote:
I'm White, And I Mixed ppl are BLACK, it's an American Fact that We Will never Break. I feel sorry for Mixed ppl. Because I would Hate to be Labled Black. Who wants to go around town looking like a Cooked Hamburger from a Grill. XD
Ha ha, here you are. You Chris would rather (and everyone else including me, would rather) go around town looking like, smelling like and being around a tasty cooked hamburger from a grill than (how u actually are) looking like, smelling like and being around rancid skinned pig hanging from a hook. I certainly would hate to be labelled white. Maybe in the hole in the middle of nowhere that you come from it cool to sound and act stupid & espouse idiotic opinions but it's not your fault, I guess your lack of education & ill breeding sets you apart as low quality and inferior on the world stage, to people who have the aptitude to apply logic to their reasoning. Bon chance!.
http://www.visualphotos.com/image/2x3426832/s...
Black Smoke

Spring Lake, NC

#4103 Nov 8, 2014
Absidee wrote:
No one gives a good dam about you being half white! Truth is that makes you half crazy because mixed kids are bi-polar and that has been medically proven! So stop deluding yourselves into thinking that all blacks want to claim you as black! But I am sure that your white side will never claim you as white that is for certain! And your having some native american does not afford you any special status either! The cracker dogged them out as well! You may think that makes you better but it does not! You need to get together will others like yourself and form the damed Wanna Be tribe! And you can send to Washington DC for recognition for the Nation of Wanna Be's! lol Maybe they will open a casino for you somewhere in the swamps! Whites dont like your azz either! lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Go fish 1,703,151
Why are so many white ppl strung out on drugs 5 min White 34
What do we know about Haplogroup E1b1a? (Oct '08) 8 min el rey de los cam... 309
Whats wrong with white parents? 12 min Hmm 21
Here's a good question. Strength related 17 min Hmm 17
James Watson, discoverer of DNA: There are ge... 20 min Paul 5
Why do the Norwegians hate the Swedes so much? (Sep '07) 28 min KingdomofBohemia 10
White Nationalists & the Assault on BW's Dignity 1 hr White 120
ugly cracker ape school shooting! 1 hr Jake 111
Negro Panther Film 1 hr Pam 26
.......13 Russian Nationals Indicted 1 hr Ttt 39
The One Subject Got_Rope WON'T Dare Touch! 4 hr Harrisson 25
More from around the web