Black people STOP TRYING TO MAKE US M...
American87

Ballwin, MO

#4060 Oct 24, 2013
I´m sorry, but I cannot agree with half of these comments. If a mixed person wants to say they´re black, fine. If a mixed person wants to say they´re white, fine. If a mixed person wants to say they´re mixed, fine. The America of TODAY is a melting pot of different cultures and ethnic groups from all around the world. As it has been said in previous posts, the USA is not the only country in the world. This country only has one perspective of hundreds. The world is becoming global. The world IS global. And the global perspective is that a mixed person is not ¨black.¨If a mixed person chooses to connect themselves with the African American culture, that´s fine, it´s their right as a mixed person. But one cannot be mad if a mixed person connects and is more accepted and feels more comfortable claiming a white identity, either; again, as a mixed person it is their right. And if a mixed person does not fit any mold and they feel more comfortable claiming everything at once, they can do that too, because it is their right. I don´t know about the southern states like Mississippi, but having lived on the East Coast and in the Midwest I can say that mixed people are not seen as ¨just black.¨Society lets them decide, and however that person chooses to identify the world around them accepts that.

I look forward to reading the comments that follow:)

“Because Knowledge Is Power”

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#4062 Oct 25, 2013
Hi Billy mayes here

Level 1

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#4063 Oct 29, 2013
eric taylor1994 wrote:
Tell halle berry she aint black, shes MIXED
And so what African americans are all mixed
Everytime someone of African decent tries ti find out what tribe they come from in africa their always reminded that they possess Y chromosome from a European man of either Itailian irish german french decent.

Thats why so many african americab children come out looking so diverse.

I have a friend who is dark skin and her husband is brown skin .their child came out light with green eyes and blondish curly hair...

They had to get paternity test from the mother to prove that it was his baby its crazy but things like this happen

We people of African decent don't truly know what we are because it was hidden. I say that I am black and proud .

Level 1

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4064 Nov 17, 2013
Absidee wrote:
Okay not all black people but some black people they will try to say that I'm mixed because I'm half black and it's stupid. I am part Native American and part black that is what I am I am not and never will be black. I do not look black in any way. Then they get bitter and accuse you of "disowning your heritage" if you say your only half black. WE ARE NOT BLACK. WE ARE /HALF/ BLACK. Why do some black people try to tell us what we are????
What is your definition of black ?

Im from africa of nubian and abada decent.

Ppl think im indian or latina etc...but I am.black or african.

You should not let the media define what black is..

The black try to help because you will be vieeed as black.
I Am What I Am

United States

#4066 Nov 18, 2013
Overwhelmingly, Black Americans are a mixed race people. That is what it is to be Black American. Some had the "mixture" occur from their direct parents (mum Black and father Native American or white, for example), while others had the "mix" occur a generation or many more beforehand. It is quite silly to pretend to not grasp this simple phenomenon. If you study the historical pedigree of all the various ways and means that whites have used to categorize and classify Blacks in America and in other countries, it may allay some of your personal confusion and anger at what you perceive as Black people laying claim to you. Get perspective on the matter before dismissing and misinterpreting what you perceive as "Black" people laying claim to you. Try as you will to ignore it, you are still Black...and whatever else you are, which really is not so different or any different than any other Black American.
young Seany

UK

#4067 Jan 21, 2014
Hey guys. I just wanted to say that I'm mixed race (White/Black). And I get frustrated when ANYBODY simply refer s to me as being 'Black'. It is a biological/genetic impossibility for a white woman to be the mother of black kids, or for a white man to be the father of black kids. We are MIXED race. Barack Obama is NOT the first black president, he is the first mixed race/biracial president. My mother is white and she never has (nor ever will) refer to me as being black. The tendency to call mixed people black seems to stem from the one drop rule. But this rule was introduced during the slave trade. It os clearly qn outdated concept that needs to be abandoned. I live on the U.K. and both white and black people over here seem to identify mixed people as such. There are of course there are Americans who identify mixed/biracial people in the proper way but this whole 'you look black to me so you are'/'society sees you as being black so you are' attitude needs to stpp because not everybody does! I don't mean to sound disrespectful to anybody but black people who want to claim famous biracial people like Barack Obama, Bob Marley and Halle Berry as black need to realise they have ONLY ONE BLACK PARENT. To deny the fact he has a white mother is to deny the existence of the very same woman who brought him into the world. So for all those black (and white) people who still insist on ignoring the facts I suggest you learn from both the black (and white) ppeople who ARE able to acknowledge the fact that mixed race people are just that - MIXED RACE. To deny this is not only disrespectful to the mixed individual but also to their parents! Maybe you Americans can learn a thing or two from us brits, eh. Rant over people! I'm out peace!
lolzerzs

Pittsburgh, PA

#4069 Feb 7, 2014
People who are recently mixed make me sad im puerto rican, cuban, anglo and black but to me im just african american. my skin is light brown and i have more pointed features but i am african AMERICAN no ones half and half we are all mixtures of multiple things i got european native and african do i claim all no and unless you live on a settlement and speak your tribes tounge dont call your self native when hispanics dont even do it you need to realize in america no one cares about what your mixed
with light skin slaves still got beat and raped by their own
half brothers and sisters so you having 20-40 percent
native in you dosent make you native unless thats your
culture ie living in that life style.maybe your just trying to
feel unique about your self to gain self worth but claiming
a people who we both know wouldnt claim you and i
doubt you speak their language isnt the smartest thing
also do i go around speaking spanish of african (so many
races and cultures their) and saying god damn black
trying to claim me no and i hope you learn you dont gotta
be african to be black and my blonde hair hazel eyed light
skin mother could tell u the same also puerto ricans even
accept having black blood but most indulge in a diffrent
culture do end up like mexican or dominicans denying
their african heritage but also appreciate your native to ps africans dont claim AA becouse of are diffrent cultures and being more mixed then them( not being pure) the only people who can make african americans are african americans all blacks in the americas population are rising becouse we are showing people from diffrent countries that you can be rich and black smart and black beautiful and black look at brazil their black population grew like 6% but their population didnt same with puerto rico and ect
Uppercut

Suisun City, CA

#4070 Feb 8, 2014
lolzerzs wrote:
People who are recently mixed make me sad im puerto rican, cuban, anglo and black but to me im just african american. my skin is light brown and i have more pointed features but i am african AMERICAN no ones half and half we are all mixtures of multiple things i got european native and african do i claim all no and unless you live on a settlement and speak your tribes tounge dont call your self native when hispanics dont even do it you need to realize in america no one cares about what your mixed
with light skin slaves still got beat and raped by their own
half brothers and sisters so you having 20-40 percent
native in you dosent make you native unless thats your
culture ie living in that life style.maybe your just trying to
feel unique about your self to gain self worth but claiming
a people who we both know wouldnt claim you and i
doubt you speak their language isnt the smartest thing
also do i go around speaking spanish of african (so many
races and cultures their) and saying god damn black
trying to claim me no and i hope you learn you dont gotta
be african to be black and my blonde hair hazel eyed light
skin mother could tell u the same also puerto ricans even
accept having black blood but most indulge in a diffrent
culture do end up like mexican or dominicans denying
their african heritage but also appreciate your native to ps africans dont claim AA becouse of are diffrent cultures and being more mixed then them( not being pure) the only people who can make african americans are african americans all blacks in the americas population are rising becouse we are showing people from diffrent countries that you can be rich and black smart and black beautiful and black look at brazil their black population grew like 6% but their population didnt same with puerto rico and ect
Excellent post. This is why puerto ricans are ok to most americans, regardless of their color.
billyDabully

Pittsburgh, PA

#4071 Feb 8, 2014
American87 wrote:
I´m sorry, but I cannot agree with half of these comments. If a mixed person wants to say they´re black, fine. If a mixed person wants to say they´re white, fine. If a mixed person wants to say they´re mixed, fine. The America of TODAY is a melting pot of different cultures and ethnic groups from all around the world. As it has been said in previous posts, the USA is not the only country in the world. This country only has one perspective of hundreds. The world is becoming global. The world IS global. And the global perspective is
that a mixed person is not ¨black.¨If a mixed person
chooses to connect themselves with the African America
culture, that´s fine, it´s their right as a mixed person. But
one cannot be mad if a mixed person connects and is
more accepted and feels more comfortable claiming a
white identity, either; again, as a mixed person it is their
right. And if a mixed person does not fit any mold and
they feel more comfortable claiming everything at once,
they can do that too, because it is their right. I don´t know
about the southern states like Mississippi, but having
lived on the East Coast and in the Midwest I can say that
mixed people are not seen as ¨just black.¨Society lets
them decide, and however that person chooses to identify
the world around them accepts that.
I look forward to reading the comments that follow:)
Yeah but will they accept them you cant join a group when to them you dont meet qualifications this might be america but rights are something we still dont have blacks will accept anyone while there is a prerequisite for white also i love wat your saying but be realistic humans are spitful cruel demeaning and 75% of the time evil and thats life from a african american with a mixed father black mother mixed grandmother black grand father and mixed Ggfather and white Ggmother
Well

Grosse Pointe, MI

#4072 Feb 8, 2014
lolzerzs wrote:
ps africans dont claim AA becouse of are diffrent cultures and being more mixed then them( not being pure)
How did you know Africans don't claim AA?
Donny Brook

Spicewood, TX

#4073 Feb 8, 2014
Black males generally try to claim any woman with an ounce of Black blood in them and any man who might have a drop of Black blood. They do so to try and elevate themselves. Most Black women are intelligent, and many educated, and stand on their own two legs in society, while Black men know they are looked down on for not being very bright, rejecting education and pride their selves on being thugs and bums. So sad.
The Enemy Within

Washington, DC

#4074 Feb 8, 2014
Donny Brook wrote:
Black males generally try to claim any woman with an ounce of Black blood in them and any man who might have a drop of Black blood. They do so to try and elevate themselves. Most Black women are intelligent, and many educated, and stand on their own two legs in society, while Black men know they are looked down on for not being very bright, rejecting education and pride their selves on being thugs and bums. So sad.
Weren't you just in another thread admitting to sucking on dxcks white boy? You clearly don't understand the concept of moral high ground.
Jessica

Jakarta, Indonesia

#4075 Mar 16, 2014
LOL why you are so stupid about this?

that's definitely black men who want women so badly so they will say a lie for her in order that women will accept him

I don't say all of black men like this but trust me most of them do this thing, especially with hungry and horny dogs black men who want white women so desperate........

I have experience with them but of course I already know their bullshit
omgthisissooooof unny

West Columbia, SC

#4076 Mar 16, 2014
Africa does not claim u. U claim it lol how many dark skinned Sultan s are there??? Haha well its sad really becuase there is no real sub Sahara history...
calypso

Chicago, IL

#4077 Mar 30, 2014
Okay this is crazy call yourself what you want but dont make it public, you will attract ignorance.
Just cause your half black, and half white doesnt mean you just can choose just one, honey your both. be proud of both, Your still black, and your still whatever else. Thats one of the issues being equally mixed, you can identify with both races. Im jamaican, swedish, and brazilian. Technically by admixture 68% black/jamaican, everything else is swedish, and brazillian. I consider myself black, i consider myself brazilian and swedish its what "makes me" , me. Alot of my mixed friends dont consider themselve white, they just say black, some of my others say they are white and not black....but they are still black partially. You need to identify with both because its what you are. You still black, and your still white. To be honest with you, if you wanna get technical with the exact percentage of your ethnicity and race take a dna test. Because the average white or nonblack person can have 5-10% of black in them....im just sayin. stop trying to identify with just one part of a race in you and appreciate both, honor your parents and accept it. Yes you are black and yes you are white. Because in the end, if you werent half black, you would be fully white or whatever......
Tomiya

Carrollton, GA

#4078 May 8, 2014
All this talk about black people making mixed people just black just because the appearance of a darker skinned color doesn't mean their black almost all of America every darker skinned color is mixed and saying stop making me black I'm part black uhh that's society fault stop blaming black people consider the fact that u wouldn't be mixed with out black and white people made u black so tell me if u were to go to a racist white person would they accept u in their home or a racist black person cause black people never say because your half white we can't hang or u can't be a round us never said by a black person so there for if u want to say oh I'm not black I'm mixed just remember when u have a baby your baby is always gonna be part black it runs through your veins forever and white people made u black when they didn't let mixed people in your school for instance my dad's biracial my moms black but in my background of both parents they both a mixed and they get called black and white people made it like that so don't act brand new when someone called you black because of your skin color never said by anybody to mixed person your white never said by a person ever and if people did call you white and your biracial if u went somewhere with your black parent they would think your stolen so be happy your black because America put that on your birth certificate permanently
IRBW

Tulsa, OK

#4079 May 8, 2014
Absidee wrote:
Okay not all black people but some black people they will try to say that I'm mixed because I'm half black and it's stupid. I am part Native American and part black that is what I am I am not and never will be black. I do not look black in any way. Then they get bitter and accuse you of "disowning your heritage" if you say your only half black. WE ARE NOT BLACK. WE ARE /HALF/ BLACK. Why do some black people try to tell us what we are????
Bump :)
the baddest bitch

Citrus Heights, CA

#4080 May 8, 2014
Say what you want I'm solid "smart" and cld give a damn about this ignorant "mixed" up shit. Just for the ones that are half white I'm speaking directly to. Your "white" side of your "being" is past ignorant. I'm saying that half "white" side got your mouth soundibg like your fore fathers wack! Goodluck with that crazy mess. One person with a "whole lotta" repairs. All your future will be "mental health times 100! That's one mixture I wouldn't dare wish to be, be like, or in your words be jealous of. I knw NO INTELLIGENT HALF BLACK AND WHITE ANYTHING AND NEVER WILL
onyx

New Holland, PA

#4082 Jun 28, 2014
Absidee wrote:
<quoted text>
Alicia Keys and Halle Berry aren't black they are mixed. Why are you sad that we won't confirm to being black so you can raise YOUR self esteem? HAHAHAHA don't think so. Your an idiot. I'm not black.
If you are mixed with black you are black... just like if you are mixed with white you are also white... why would you say you are not something when you are something... mixed is not a race...wveryone is mixed in some way by the way... what I've noticed with the black and Jewish community we don't deny anything we claim everything we are... we say I'm 100% black and 100% Jewish... not half of anything
Twice

Cheyenne, WY

#4083 Jun 28, 2014
You can call yourself Little Bo Peep, Tinker Bell, Little Red Ridinghood, Cinderella and Whistlers Mama until the bats stop flying in the mountains. You will never change the worlds perception of what they see.

If you don't believe it, I present for your viewing pleasure the following link. Watch how the young woman say the same thing as you, then watch the response from the crowd.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/821243...
Absidee wrote:
Okay not all black people but some black people they will try to say that I'm mixed because I'm half black and it's stupid. I am part Native American and part black that is what I am I am not and never will be black. I do not look black in any way. Then they get bitter and accuse you of "disowning your heritage" if you say your only half black. WE ARE NOT BLACK. WE ARE /HALF/ BLACK. Why do some black people try to tell us what we are????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Can Donald Trump beat Hillary Clinton? 1 min Sicklecell Supporter 161
New Racist Chinese Ad 1 min Redefined 1
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RealDave 1,383,181
McDonald's to open restaurants run by robots 3 min T-BOS 14
Mexicans are stupid and shouldn't be trusted. 4 min Lopez 236
Here's how science views blacks. 5 min Sicklecell Supporter 16
News Dueling groups to rally at Confederate landmark 25 min barefoot2626 1,429
Is BILL COSBY a Serial Rapist ? (Mar '15) 33 min White and Right 63
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 2 hr TranshumanX 44,847
Police Search for Serial Gang Rapist Described ... 3 hr nave 27
Whites Are Not To Blame For Your Problems 5 hr White and Right 79
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 6 hr MASKIM HUL 134,214
More from around the web