Are Spaniards white ?

Level 5

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#151 Sep 29, 2012
MRW_83 wrote:
@ ERIC(United States)
How old are you, kid? You might want to improve your general knowledge.
The phrase "Europe ends at the Pyrenees" was quoted by Napolean Bonapart. The French & the Brits use this phrase along with "Africa starts in Spain" to make jokes on Spaniards, and mock them.
And yeah, Iberia is geographically Europe, and Spanish is an Indo-European lingo. In case you didn't notice, i was speaking ab't ethnicity which is not always related to the former two. African-Americans speak English today, now does that mean they're Indo-European?? Lingo isn't always contiguous with ethnicity. Spaniards do have a lot of Berber(Moorish) and arab(afro-asiatic/semitic) genes.
Lol. The British were also fond of saying that the Africa or the wogs start in Calais for what it's worth. Many a European nation likes to think that it is whiter than the next. If you are going to claim that Spaniards have so much Moorish genes then please post a peer reviewed reference that supports yur claim. Curreent studies show North African dna averages about 5 percent in Spain. Not much to fuss over. We find the percentage of North African Blood in Auvergne region of France. I must say that many of your points seem a bit silly. You say that we can be sure Spanish R1b is European because we find R in West Africa. Lmao. I guees you dont know that r1b in Spain is the same clade that is found throught Western Europe as far as Scotland. And I hope you don't really think that the fact that the Iberian peninsula broke from Africa millions of years has some kind of relevance with the Spanish being African.That would be ludicrous. lol.

Dare I say, doubt you are really German.

Level 5

Location hidden

#152 Sep 29, 2012
One of these two is a Spanish celebrity, the other is French.

http://sp5.fotolog.com/photo/53/46/116/soraya...

Which is which?

Level 5

Location hidden

#153 Sep 29, 2012
Jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass, Northern and Central Europeans has Asian admixure. How stupid can you be for believing anyone is 'pure'. Southern Europeans are predominately of European ancestry as are Northern and Central Europeans, that's why they cluster close to each other, stupid. And stop trying to pass yourself off as 'white'. You've been exposed as either a North African or Middle Eastern ancestry in the European forums, bernard the fraud.
"The least amount of population differentiation was found in comparisons between the United States, Northern Europe, and Southern Europe. Minimal differentiation was noted between Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, and Spain), Northern Europe (Britain, the Netherlands, and France), and the United States. These individuals were identified in previous studies as Caucasian (i.e. of European descent), and likely share some degree of common ancestry. Sub-group analysis of the Northern and Southern European groups showed little evidence of population differentiation. This is consistent with other studies showing little among-population differentiation[25,27,30]. " ~ Nucleotide diversity and population differentiation of the Melanocortin 1 Receptor gene, MC1R
Just for the record, France is not considered Northern Europee since part of it borders the Mediterranean.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Europe

It's seen as part of Latin Europe and is grouped with Spain, Italy etc If you ever take international business these countries are e studied as part of a cultural group which is characterized by having a differnt mindset and way of doing things than northern or germainc Europeans

http://www-e.uni-magdeburg.de/evans/Journal%2...
Motts

Bridgetown, Barbados

#154 Sep 29, 2012
MRW_83 wrote:
Nope. According to anthropologists & genealogists, Iberians(Spaniards & Portugese) are ethnically more Afro-asiatic than Indo-European. As per studies conducted by Australian genealogists, Iranians, Indian(Asian) & Pakistanis have more Indo-European genes than the Iberians. Iberians have significant admixture of genes from Moorish(Berber), Arab & Basque people.
This aint no surprise. It could be easily concluded from the physical appearances of David Silva, Xavi Hernandez, Cesc Fabregas, Sergio Ramos and even those of Spanish aristocrats like Luis Medina Abascal(Count of Feria & the son of Nati Abascal).
Europe ends at the Pyrenees. Africa starts in Spain.
You are correct, they definitely aren't 'white' and anyone who says they are is definitely in denial or on drugs.
Eric

Ardsley, NY

#155 Sep 29, 2012
Garrig wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. The British were also fond of saying that the Africa or the wogs start in Calais for what it's worth. Many a European nation likes to think that it is whiter than the next. If you are going to claim that Spaniards have so much Moorish genes then please post a peer reviewed reference that supports yur claim. Curreent studies show North African dna averages about 5 percent in Spain. Not much to fuss over. We find the percentage of North African Blood in Auvergne region of France. I must say that many of your points seem a bit silly. You say that we can be sure Spanish R1b is European because we find R in West Africa. Lmao. I guees you dont know that r1b in Spain is the same clade that is found throught Western Europe
as far as Scotland. And I hope you don't really think that the fact that the Iberian peninsula broke from Africa millions of years has some kind of relevance with the Spanish being African.That would be ludicrous. lol.
Dare I say, doubt you are really German.
C/s 100%. Well said, Spaniards are white and anyone trying to claim otherwise are off their bonkers and need their head examined.
XYXYXYXY

Harrisburg, PA

#156 Sep 29, 2012
Motts wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, they definitely aren't 'white' and anyone who says they are is definitely in denial or on drugs.
That's typically something an envious self-hater would say. LOL!
Mike

Ardsley, NY

#157 Sep 29, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
C/s 100%. Well said, Spaniards are white and anyone trying to claim otherwise are off their bonkers and need their head examined.
Correct Spaniards are white.

“MW 83”

Since: Mar 12

Philadelphia, PA

#158 Oct 15, 2012
First of all, i wonder why this is being discussed in an "African-American" forum. When i posted my previous comments here, i didn't know this was an AFAM forum as i came across this discussion through SEARCH RESULTS. Spaniards may not be entirely Indo-European, but they are far from blacks, and have nothing to do with them.

I'm a german immigrant in the U.S. I do have some problems with spaniards, as a few of them took our jobs in Frankfurt, becoz of which i had to emigrate to America. But, when i posted my previous comment here, i didn't know this was an AFAM forum as i came across this discussion through SEARCH RESULTS. S'ry. Spaniards may not be entirely Indo-European, but they are far from blacks, and have nothing to do with them.

According to the U.S. race classification, even North-Africans are classified as whites. Zinedine Zidane is entirely of Algerian origins & he looks no different from a european. Berbers are usually classified as white across the globe. Most spaniards are mostly indo-european with little moorish genes in them, but all i was saying(in my previous comment) is that andalucians(the southern most ppls in Spain) have a significant proportion of berber genes in them. Nevertheless, they are whites, coz berbers are indistinguishable from white ppl, and are usually termed as whites in any part of the world.

But Spaniards have nothing to do with the blacks, and if anybody thinks otherwise, they've sadly mistaken.
Karl

New Windsor, NY

#159 Dec 7, 2012
The Spanish are genetically the same as other Eruopeans and that is a fact. They cluster with all other western european nations, and not with north african or middle eastern countries. what alot of people dont understand is that the moors ruled Iberia as a government, they didnt settle spain or porugal as we imagine the spanish doing in latin america and mixing with the natives. The fact that alot of spanish people are darker is that the original european were dark. Cro magnon was dark. and while the swedes and brits became extremely white the spanish people retained some darker complection. however I would say the majorty of spansh people look just like other europeans but with a tan. In hollywood they also choose only darker spaniards like antonio banderes and penelope cruz because they fit the latin lover look, and even they still look very european. Any one who is trying to say spanish people are moors or non euros is racist against europeans and european cultures and wants to try and brainwash spanish people into believing this so they will loose their europan and even christian identity. Spain your a great country with a beutiful christian history dont let anyone put you down, and be proud that you were able to through off opression
Karl

New Windsor, NY

#160 Dec 7, 2012
MRW_83 wrote:
First of all, i wonder why this is being discussed in an "African-American" forum. When i posted my previous comments here, i didn't know this was an AFAM forum as i came across this discussion through SEARCH RESULTS. Spaniards may not be entirely Indo-European, but they are far from blacks, and have nothing to do with them.
I'm a german immigrant in the U.S. I do have some problems with spaniards, as a few of them took our jobs in Frankfurt, becoz of which i had to emigrate to America. But, when i posted my previous comment here, i didn't know this was an AFAM forum as i came across this discussion through SEARCH RESULTS. S'ry. Spaniards may not be entirely Indo-European, but they are far from blacks, and have nothing to do with them.
According to the U.S. race classification, even North-Africans are classified as whites. Zinedine Zidane is entirely of Algerian origins & he looks no different from a european. Berbers are usually classified as white across the globe. Most spaniards are mostly indo-european with little moorish genes in them, but all i was saying(in my previous comment) is that andalucians(the southern most ppls in Spain) have a significant proportion of berber genes in them. Nevertheless, they are whites, coz berbers are indistinguishable from white ppl, and are usually termed as whites in any part of the world.
But Spaniards have nothing to do with the blacks, and if anybody thinks otherwise, they've sadly mistaken.
You are correct in alot of what your saying but genetics actually prove that all spaniards and even the southernmost spaniards have very little berber or moorish genes. It doesnt excede more than five percent
Cogito Ergo Sum

Harrisburg, PA

#161 Dec 7, 2012
Truth Be Told wrote:
..... "Ethnic Spanish" are pale, often freckled, and light haired.
Those are fighting words for Many AAs and Anglo Americans my friend.

Jahx
Level 8

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#162 Dec 8, 2012
The Moorish blood is the explanation of why Antonio Banderas and Penelope Cruz [Europeans] are so different from Charlize Theron and Daniel Craig[Europeans too].

Not even a river of tears from the white supremacists could change this fact...
Pete

Springfield, NJ

#163 Dec 8, 2012
Jahx wrote:
The Moorish blood is the explanation of why Antonio Banderas and Penelope Cruz [Europeans] are so different from Charlize Theron and Daniel Craig[Europeans too].
Total nonsense. Antonio Banderas and Penelope Cruz look no different from other whites and in fact many Northern and Eastern Europeans have similar phenotypes to them and there were no "Moors" in those areas. Moorish lineages are minimum to none existing in Iberia. Iberians are genetically and physically predominatly European aka white looking. Whites have various phenotypes as do blacks. Or are in belief that Northeast Africans are lighter cause of white admixture. People need to stop promoting one sided false propaganda.
Cogito Ergo Sum

Harrisburg, PA

#164 Dec 8, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Total nonsense. Antonio Banderas and Penelope Cruz look no different from other whites and in fact many Northern and Eastern Europeans have similar phenotypes to them and there were no "Moors" in those areas. Moorish lineages are minimum to none existing in Iberia. Iberians are genetically and physically predominatly European aka white looking. Whites have various phenotypes as do blacks. Or are in belief that Northeast Africans are lighter cause of white admixture. People need to stop promoting one sided false propaganda.
The need to promote is stronger than the need to stop. It has to do with ego.
Jacques

Paris, France

#165 Jan 24, 2013
You do really live in your own reality, in Europe we do consider all European as white, it's not because you have a tanned skin and your from Andalucia or Sicily that you are not white lol!
5 pour cent DNA from the moorish (which are not black by the way) simply means nothing. Yourself as an African American have a lot more white anglo saxon phenotypes in your dna that Spanish people have moorish dna (from centuries ago).
Hollywood movies wants to give a more "latino" image for Penelope Cruz and Banderas, but when you watch the movie they made in Spain, well they don't have that tan skin and dark hair that idiotics american movies wants to show.
I'm not sure that you do realize that saying such a thing as people from spain are not european (or white) here in Europe is considered as a very extremetist xenophobia point of vue.
Most of people from South European have this mediterranean type, so what? You need to be a Viking or an Englishman to be a European??
Go tell to the African immigrants in Spain that the spanish are not white, they will laugh at you.
Jahx wrote:

Jahx
Level 8

Location hidden

#166 Jan 25, 2013
Spain/Portugal: 11% of Moorish DNA

DNA tests have proved there were mass conversions of faith in Spain over six centuries ago, and that the country now has a prevalent Jewish and Muslim mix.

Spain’s turbulent past was made even more perplexing when scientists unveiled remarkable new evidence that suggests there was a mass conversion to Catholicism by Muslims and Jews in the 15th and 16th centuries.

[...]

The geneticists then determined whether the participant’s Y chromosome came from a Jewish or Moorish predecessor or from another source.
Stunningly, evidence revealed that 20 per cent[20%] of the Iberian Peninsula’s population has Sephardic Jewish ancestry and that 11 per cent[11%] of the Spanish and Portuguese population has DNA matching Moorish descent. Fransesc Calafell said he did not anticipate the findings.“The Jewish link was particularly surprising, we had certainly not expected it,” he said.

Gabrielle Pickard for RT
Black Deal

Lockhart, TX

#167 Jan 25, 2013
Jahx wrote:
The Moors left the Spaniards slightly more brownish and it has been difficult to them accept.

This revolves around the presence of the Moors in Spain for several centuries. It is interesting how the Spaniards have afraid to say they have a genetic heritage from any part of Africa.

Why do they think such a shame for having some legacy Moorish blood?

They should be proud of that, because Morrish civlization was, for a long time, the pearl of Europe.
So you really saying spaniards aka moors conquered Aztecs & Mayans
Chris

Springfield, NJ

#172 Jan 25, 2013
Jahx wrote:
Spain/Portugal: 11% of Moorish DNA
DNA tests have proved there were mass conversions of faith in Spain over six centuries ago, and that the country now has a prevalent Jewish and Muslim mix.
Spain’s turbulent past was made even more perplexing when scientists unveiled remarkable new evidence that suggests there was a mass conversion to Catholicism by Muslims and Jews in the 15th and 16th centuries.
[...]
The geneticists then determined whether the participant’s Y chromosome came from a Jewish or Moorish predecessor or from another source.
Stunningly, evidence revealed that 20 per cent[20%] of the Iberian Peninsula’s population has Sephardic Jewish ancestry and that 11 per cent[11%] of the Spanish and Portuguese population has DNA matching Moorish descent. Fransesc Calafell said he did not anticipate the findings.“The Jewish link was particularly surprising, we had certainly not expected it,” he said.
Gabrielle Pickard for RT
You are a fool. 10% is nothing that means 90% of Iberians do not have "Moorish" admixture. Do the math. Btw, North Africans and Northeast Africans have more Eurasians admixture then Iberians have African admixture.

Jahx
Level 8

Location hidden

#173 Jan 25, 2013
UruEuWauWau wrote:
;-) Nuttin' to do w/ Arabs (Maures). ;-D
Moors were mostly Berbers, you fcking piece of pork from Banania...

Jahx
Level 8

Location hidden

#175 Jan 26, 2013
UruEuWauWau wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I say they weren't, ya dumb Yank pasty rhesus macaque from Coonania?! ;-) Of course, Arabs were the elite. ;-D Now crawl back up yo' porky fat pink momma's azz. ;-)
Arabs weren't the elite. Tariq ibn Ziyad, the general who led the Islamic conquest of Hispania in 711-718 A.D was a BERBER. You're a pitiful dimwitted person...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"Cracker" Means Ruler 2 min The Shining Axe 15
African American Studies 2 min The Wookie 3
Why are beautiful women usually single? (Feb '11) 3 min Jennifer 214
Talladega Marching Band 4 min Drilling for the ... 6
Trump 6 min ugly monkeys 56
and yet another mudshark murdered 6 min KIP 42
Racist blacks hate Trump because he is White 8 min Ben Quick 53
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min positronium 1,484,490
News Churchill bust back in Oval Office 44 min bottlecap 198
News Being conservative is not being racist 4 hr BARROS a ziotard 154