#6124 Mar 10, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
<quoted text>
A diabolical temper can ruin all that.
Jaja also agree
Tashenia

Ormond Beach, FL

#6125 Mar 12, 2013
Wow its sad how the government as brain washed you all.

Puerto Ricans are mostly Spaniard and Black because when the Spaniards came they killed people with famine and disease. There is hardly any full taino or even half in this U.S territory. My Puerto Rican people we are not white, if anything we are closer to African because everything about us came from Africa. Know your history!!because if you don't then your not PUERTO RICAN!
Balmoral-Medina

Oregon, WI

#6126 Mar 12, 2013
Oye Tasha...you know what is really sad?

Acomplejadas como tu que se creen que ellas hablan para 8 MILLONES de nosotros.

Listen, I am born and raised in Puerto Rico, came to university in the US, have attended graduate school in Spain and London, have worked in the US, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia and ONLY in the US do I meet idiots like you who have no clue about our REAL history, but think they speak for all 500 years of it.
You DO NOT speak for 4 MILLION of us on the Island.

Puerto Rico is:

80% of European background
(mostly of Iberian, Mallorcan, Corsican, with much lesser elements of Irish, German, English, Scottish, Dutch, Sephardic Jewish --- these groups for the most part arrived in the 1800s and went to the interior of the Island to establish agrarian settlements, where there were NO viable indigenous settlements left when the arrived)

11% of mixed (white, black and indigenous) background
(most of these groups live in coastal cities, where slaves were the source of manual labor)

10% of Sub-Saharan Black background
(these groups have lived predominantly ON THE COASTS, which is the ONLY place that slavery existed on the island.)

Contrary to the nonsense, afro-centric clap-trap you have certainly LEARNED IN THE STATES, blacks were NOT brought as slaves all of the Island. And they are NOT a majority today either!

Puerto Rico is NOT Jamaica nor Haiti. And ft that is too hard for you to understand, go to ANY of our 77 towns and read EXACTLY who settled every one of them. NOT ONE was settled by Zulus, Aztecs or loser-Ricans from the Bronx. That is YOUR delusion, NOT ours.

Coje verguenza ya cafre, porque ya la mierda de acompleja'os como tu apesta!

And if you still don't get it, ask Ricky Martin, Benicio del Toro, Liz Torres, Rita Moreno, Megan Fox, Jose Ferrer, Miguel Ferrer and Freddy Prinze Jr.,Hector Elizondo, Sila Calderon,Carlos Ponce, 3 Miss Universes, Frankie Muniz how Zulu they are.

Are there black Puerto Ricans? Yes.
Are there mixed race Puerto Ricans? Yes.

But NEITHER is the majority on the Island, though they certainly are in your little cabezita.
~~~~~~~~~~
Tashenia wrote:
Wow its sad how the government as brain washed you all.
Puerto Ricans are mostly Spaniard and Black because when the Spaniards came they killed people with famine and disease. There is hardly any full taino or even half in this U.S territory. My Puerto Rican people we are not white, if anything we are closer to African because everything about us came from Africa. Know your history!!because if you don't then your not PUERTO RICAN!
Get it right

Brandon, FL

#6127 Mar 14, 2013
The history of African people in Puerto Rico begins with the immigration of African free men who accompanied the invading Spanish Conquistadors. The Spaniards enslaved the Taínos (the native inhabitants of the island), and many of them died as a result of Spaniards' oppressive colonization efforts. This presented a problem for Spain's royal government, which relied on slavery to staff their mining and fort-building operations. Spain's 'solution': import enslaved west-Africans. As a result, the majority of the African peoples who immigrated to Puerto Rico did so as a result of the slave trade from many different societies of the African continent.
When the gold mines in Puerto Rico were declared depleted, the Spanish Crown no longer held Puerto Rico as a high colonial priority, and the island became a garrison for naval vessels. Africans from British and French possessions in the Caribbean were encouraged to emigrate to Puerto Rico, thereby providing a population base to support the Puerto Rican garrison. The Spanish decree of 1789 allowed the slaves to earn or buy their freedom, however this did little to help their situation. Throughout the years there were many slave revolts in the island. Slaves, who were promised their freedom, joined the short lived uprising against Spanish colonial rule in what is known as the "Grito de Lares". On March 22, 1873, slavery was abolished in Puerto Rico. Their contributions to music, art, language, and heritage have become instrumental to Puerto Rican culture.
Andreas Balmoral-Medina

Madison, WI

#6128 Mar 15, 2013
and today, Blacks and Mixed Race people in Puerto Rico are a MINORITY, no matter who black you want to paint the island...pa que sepas...It is NOT Jamaica or Haiti.
~~~~~~~~~~
Get it right wrote:
The history of African people in Puerto Rico begins with the immigration of African free men who accompanied the invading Spanish Conquistadors. The Spaniards enslaved the Taínos (the native inhabitants of the island), and many of them died as a result of Spaniards' oppressive colonization efforts. This presented a problem for Spain's royal government, which relied on slavery to staff their mining and fort-building operations. Spain's 'solution': import enslaved west-Africans. As a result, the majority of the African peoples who immigrated to Puerto Rico did so as a result of the slave trade from many different societies of the African continent.
When the gold mines in Puerto Rico were declared depleted, the Spanish Crown no longer held Puerto Rico as a high colonial priority, and the island became a garrison for naval vessels. Africans from British and French possessions in the Caribbean were encouraged to emigrate to Puerto Rico, thereby providing a population base to support the Puerto Rican garrison. The Spanish decree of 1789 allowed the slaves to earn or buy their freedom, however this did little to help their situation. Throughout the years there were many slave revolts in the island. Slaves, who were promised their freedom, joined the short lived uprising against Spanish colonial rule in what is known as the "Grito de Lares". On March 22, 1873, slavery was abolished in Puerto Rico. Their contributions to music, art, language, and heritage have become instrumental to Puerto Rican culture.
Koolaid-is-good

Salem, OH

#6129 Mar 30, 2013
JebusNotJesus wrote:
Hi, I'm Spanish and I can answer this for you.
Puerto Ricans are partly White and part Native American.
There is some Black blood, but the majority are White and Native American.
The men usually look like tanned White people. Benicio Del Toro and Ricky Martin are both Puerto Rican.
Puerto Ricans consider themselves Mestizo, which is a mix between White and Native American.
Well that's not the case for most Puerto Ricans. About 75% of Puerto Ricans are full white while there are also many that are mestizo, black, and mulatto, white is still the majority. This is coming from a Cuban American
culo salsa

Saddle Brook, NJ

#6130 Apr 3, 2013
Puerto ricans are not white they just say they are because white looking skin color but they are just one shade lighter then black people I'm puerto rican and I am brown and orange looking skin with sandy blonde hair

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6131 Apr 4, 2013
culo salsa wrote:
Puerto ricans are not white they just say they are because white looking skin color but they are just one shade lighter then black people I'm puerto rican and I am brown and orange looking skin with sandy blonde hair
Orange and brown in a zebra pattern or like a leapard?
Jello

New York, NY

#6132 Apr 4, 2013
Puerto Ricans aren't any different than the rest of the people of the caribbean.
They are of mixed race.
Most are of European and African descent and some also have Native American. They are also mixed with Arab, Asian, Indian, etc.
There is a small percentage of the caribbean people including Puerto Ricans that are of only European descent.
Andreas Balmoral-Medina

Madison, WI

#6133 Apr 4, 2013
culo salsa wrote:
~~~~~~~~~~

Dear "Culo", that may be YOUR background but believe me when I tell you that if you walk into San Ignacio Prep,The Robinson School or the St. John's private schools in San Juan, you will see oceans of WHITE Puerto Rican faces.

But one thing is certain, with a name like yours, you are definitely 100% cafre sucio sinverguenza...
Andreas Balmoral-Medina

Madison, WI

#6134 Apr 4, 2013
Jello wrote:
Puerto Ricans aren't any different than the rest of the people of the caribbean.
They are of mixed race.
Most are of European and African descent and some also have Native American. They are also mixed with Arab, Asian, Indian, etc.
There is a small percentage of the caribbean people including Puerto Ricans that are of only European descent.
~~~~~~~~~~
Estimado "Jelly"...if you think that Puerto Rico is identical Jamaica or Haiti, you should change your name to Afro-centric buffoon...de vera chico que pendejo eres...
konnon

Pittsburgh, PA

#6135 Apr 4, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ……………… Ugly awesome no
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#6136 Apr 4, 2013
Andreas Balmoral-Medina wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~~~~
Dear "Culo", that may be YOUR background but believe me when I tell you that if you walk into San Ignacio Prep,The Robinson School or the St. John's private schools in San Juan, you will see oceans of WHITE Puerto Rican faces.
But one thing is certain, with a name like yours, you are definitely 100% cafre sucio sinverguenza...
The Robinson School Media Gallery
https://www.robinsonschool.org/podium/default...

San Ignacio Prep School Media Gallery
http://www.sanignacio.org/galeria

St. John's School Media Gallery
http://www.sjspr.org/

lol

Sinajuavi
Level 6

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#6137 Apr 4, 2013
Duh... a borico can be pure African, pure Spanish or any mixture of the 2.

Spanish people are "white", are they not? I lived in Spain; they looked "white" to me, not that I care about these idiotic colonialist racial color categories.

But I'm sure plenty of Yanks are obsessed with such things... OMG are they WHITE?????????? We must know...

Location hidden

#6138 Apr 5, 2013
Sinajuavi wrote:
Duh... a borico can be pure African, pure Spanish or any mixture of the 2.
Spanish people are "white", are they not? I lived in Spain; they looked "white" to me, not that I care about these idiotic colonialist racial color categories.
But I'm sure plenty of Yanks are obsessed with such things... OMG are they WHITE?????????? We must know...
When it involves them they change the rules.
Jello

New York, NY

#6139 Apr 5, 2013
Andreas Balmoral-Medina wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~~~~~~
Estimado "Jelly"...if you think that Puerto Rico is identical Jamaica or Haiti, you should change your name to Afro-centric buffoon...de vera chico que pendejo eres...
If you had some intelligence then you will actually look up the history of Puerto Ricans and other Caribbeans.
The Europeans owned these islands and the ones taken over by Spain speak Spanish, but most caribbeans regardless of where they live are mixed with African and European. There are some islands where they are mostly dark skinned people but they also have many mulattos and a small percentage of Europeans, but even those may have some African in their ancestry.
Most Native Americans were killed or died and replaced with African Slaves. This happened in Puerto Rico as well.
European, African and Native American are not the only race that make up the people of the caribbean.

I don't recall saying identical, but these are islands full of mixed races. Some have more African in them and that is why they are darker skinned, but are still mixed.

Location hidden

#6140 Apr 6, 2013
Jello wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had some intelligence then you will actually look up the history of Puerto Ricans and other Caribbeans.
The Europeans owned these islands and the ones taken over by Spain speak Spanish, but most caribbeans regardless of where they live are mixed with African and European. There are some islands where they are mostly dark skinned people but they also have many mulattos and a small percentage of Europeans, but even those may have some African in their ancestry.
Most Native Americans were killed or died and replaced with African Slaves. This happened in Puerto Rico as well.
European, African and Native American are not the only race that make up the people of the caribbean.
I don't recall saying identical, but these are islands full of mixed races. Some have more African in them and that is why they are darker skinned, but are still mixed.
That's your convenient Afrocentric version.

“Sexy emo chick :)”

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#6141 Apr 6, 2013
Ewww...hell no..... they are mixed race Not full white.. plz stop the madness!!!

Location hidden

#6142 Apr 6, 2013
Here is Puerto Rico's real history:

==========

Just keep in mind that of the 77 towns on the Island, all of the interior (Cordillera Mountain Region) were settled by Europeans during the mid-to-late 1800s, which historically speaking was yesterday. Natives were essentially gone from the landscape 3 centuries before and Sub-Saharan slavery was NEVER much of a presence since slavery was banished in the late 1800s.
And not one of these towns was a slave port (on the coast only)or had many plantations.

Slavery in Puerto Rico NEVER reached the social, economic or commercial scope that it did in Hispaniola (Dominican Republic and Haiti), Cuba or Jamaica.

When slavery did exist in Puerto Rico, it was present almost exclusively in the coastal ports, while the central region of the Island remained essentially uninhabited til the 1800s.

So while that may be YOUR DNA profile, those DNA profiles vary greatly from region to region. These central Island areas were settled primarily by EUROPEAN immigrants who came from Maritime Spanish Provinces of Mallorca and Canary Islands, all regions of Iberian Spain, Corsica and French (white) emigres who fled Haiti during the Slave Revolts that chased the the white planters off the Island.

Irish immigrants, German merchants and even documented English, Dutch and Danish families fleeing to an Island that had NO history of civil war came also and stayed.
Even White colonists from mainland South America (especially Venezuela) came to settle in Puerto Rico to flee the continuous colonial chaos they could no longer live under.

In fact, there is documented immigration from French Louisiana of people known today as "Cajuns" who the fledgling "USA" purchased the Louisiana Territory in 1803, fled to Puerto Rico to re-establish their agrarian farms. They fled because they were French and often Spanish-speaking Catholics and they knew that life would be difficult for them when English-Speaking "American" Yankees would take over.

So in recap. ALL of Puerto Rico is NOT ONE BIG race orgy. You will find people who are predominantly or even exclusively European, Sub-Saharan (a minority), and to lesser degree "indigenous".
Andreas Balmoral-Medina
Madison, WI

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
asians honorary humans? 2 min xxx 2
Not black enough 3 min Wtf 3
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Ms Sassy 1,547,665
Will Democrats ever win another election? 14 min Paul 66
Who is more damaging? #45 or Drugs 24 min No Limit Honky 8
Why are Ugly Fat BM always featured with sub-pa... 34 min SadButTrue 1
Why Do White People Love Dogs So Much (Aug '14) 46 min misfit 0676 111
Are liberals getting too unstable? 1 hr KIP 50
Can I get a black boyfriend? 4 hr nbn 106
Otto Warmbier CROAKS!!! 4 hr smile n wave 43