Click on an option to vote

yes

no

Pimpleball

Harrisburg, PA

#5287 Apr 3, 2011
nunyabeezwax wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you ever been to PR? My mother is from there and trust me--there are some very African-looking men and women! But you are right that the European side seems to be representing, as well as indigenous. My grandma looked very Native American! I don't know why they are less Black than other Carribean islands like Haiti and DR, though.
Givum a bongo ana they goes congo! LOL
Pimpleball

Harrisburg, PA

#5288 Apr 3, 2011
Brainiac2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I once met this NY Rican who had her office adorned with African art, figurines of Rhinos, jiraffes, African necklaces-and a wall-wide painting of a black African village. She was black PR of course. Predictably, her boyfriend was an AA.
The problem is that her office bore an official Puerto Rico Title.
You see. It's OK to be Puerto Rican and be black and be proud that you are black my friend. However, what is NOT OK is when you try to force all Puerto Ricans into that African mode that you feel YOU belong to. That's where you come across as racist.
Puerto Ricans can love their Taino or European heritage just as much as you love your black African heritage. Each to his own. Stop trying to force other people to think and accept YOUR personal choice of identification based on YOUR perception of YOURSELF. It comes accross as fanatically afrocewntrist and domineering. Besides,history proves you wrong and the demographics prove you wrong. So without these two legs to stand on your opinion is on very shaky ground.
STFU!

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5289 Apr 3, 2011
Happy wrote:
What difference does it make and what is the point of this conversation? They are people just like the rest of us. My point does all of this matter?
In the USA it's a life or death issue. Both AAs and Anglos wanna know so they can nitch you and treat you accordingly. It's a cultural thang.
Blackxican

San Jose, CA

#5291 Apr 10, 2011
Puerto rican is a nationality not a race... They are all of different origin some african, some spanish/European, and most native Americans... If any of you know your history then you know that slaves (black.slaves) were not just brought to America... That's why you have costa ricans, dominicAns, and even some Mexicans(particularly from Veracruz) that look "black".

However unlike fuckin America other countries don't separate race like we do, have you ever hears of an Asian European, or a native American-puerto rican... NO! because in other courtier etc if you are from there then you are of that Nationality.

Now being of mixed race I can understand the frustrations of only being cobsidered black or only being considered Mexican or not being accepted by either race!

Puerto ricans are of mixed blood plain and simple! I have plenty of puerto rican friends and family who never denied the fact that they have black blood!

Know your history people before stating facts

Location hidden

#5292 Apr 10, 2011
Separate race like you do? That's a joke. You don't apply the one- drop rules to your little mixed selves. You only apply it to others. You know why. Because if you applied it to yourselves then from your racist perspectives you would be-how shall I say? it--screwed!
And you certainly wouldn't wanna feel screwed now would you even if you ummmm are?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#5293 Apr 10, 2011
Brainiac2 wrote:
Separate race like you do? That's a joke. You don't apply the one- drop rules to your little mixed selves. You only apply it to others. You know why. Because if you applied it to yourselves then from your racist perspectives you would be-how shall I say? it--screwed!
And you certainly wouldn't wanna feel screwed now would you even if you ummmm are?
Like I said befor you just dont get it DO YOU.......Whites made the 1 drop rule not blacks. We do have some blacks that dont like other races that is true. But the question is why. Whites like you who think that we did something to you. Never mind the way whites have done every other race. Its all about you. Sorry its not. You and others like you come on a black (sorry) African-American forum just to talk shit. The only thing is you do know what your talking about and you put your white wash twist on it all like somebody did something wrong to you. I bet in your mind the fact the this forum is even here pissis you off. Get over it. Puerto Ricans are here to stay. And if you must know just to keep people out of mine when they ask me what I am I tell them black. So move on white boy. The forum is called ARE PUERTO RICANS WHITE. Answer is NO!!!!!!!
UruEuWauWau

France

#5294 Apr 10, 2011
dave2000g wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said befor you just dont get it DO YOU.......Whites made the 1 drop rule not blacks. We do have some blacks that dont like other races that is true. But the question is why. Whites like you who think that we did something to you. Never mind the way whites have done every other race. Its all about you. Sorry its not. You and others like you come on a black (sorry) African-American forum just to talk shit. The only thing is you do know what your talking about and you put your white wash twist on it all like somebody did something wrong to you. I bet in your mind the fact the this forum is even here pissis you off. Get over it. Puerto Ricans are here to stay. And if you must know just to keep people out of mine when they ask me what I am I tell them black. So move on white boy. The forum is called ARE PUERTO RICANS WHITE. Answer is NO!!!!!!!
Surely some are. ;-)

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#5295 Apr 10, 2011
UruEuWauWau wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely some are. ;-)
LOL ok 12%.
Jeff

Natick, MA

#5297 Apr 11, 2011
More then just 12% according to the CIA World Factbook:

Ethnic groups:
white (mostly Spanish origin) 76.2%, black 6.9%, Asian 0.3%, Amerindian 0.2%, mixed 4.4%, other 12%(2007)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
Pimpleball

Harrisburg, PA

#5298 Apr 12, 2011
Puerto Ricans are black Africans with an accent so STFU!
TPMP 35

United States

#5299 Apr 12, 2011
UruEuWauWau wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely some are. ;-)
Hey "U", What's up mi hermano?

Yes, many Puerto ricans are white. PR also didn't have a big slave plantation economy as the other islands traditionally had... We never had a large population of blacks.

At least, compared to the other islands.

That fact along with this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Decree_of_...

Iberians and Whites were encouraged to migrate to the island "en masse" to prevent PR from becoming too black like in the other islands. Spain wanted to prevent a Haiti like situation to take place and this liberal immigration policy contributed toward that.

Prior to the 1815 cedula de Gracias proclomation. PR was majority black and indian like the other islands. It's racial makeup wasn't that much difffrent.

TPMP 35
TPMP 35

United States

#5300 Apr 12, 2011
TPMP 35

United States

#5301 Apr 12, 2011
Jeff

Natick, MA

#5302 Apr 12, 2011
Pimpleball wrote:
Puerto Ricans are black Africans with an accent so STFU!
the CIA World Factbook obviously proves you wrong:

Ethnic groups:
white (mostly Spanish origin) 76.2%, black 6.9%, Asian 0.3%, Amerindian 0.2%, mixed 4.4%, other 12%(2007)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
dudeluv27

New York, NY

#5303 Apr 12, 2011
JebusNotJesus wrote:
Hi, I'm Spanish and I can answer this for you.
Puerto Ricans are partly White and part Native American.
There is some Black blood, but the majority are White and Native American.
The men usually look like tanned White people. Benicio Del Toro and Ricky Martin are both Puerto Rican.
Puerto Ricans consider themselves Mestizo, which is a mix between White and Native American.
No Puerto Ricans are predominantly white and african, Puerto ricans have very little native american ancestry, It ranges up to 17% on average, watch this video. genetic admixture of latin americans

&fe ature=channel_video_title
TPMP 35

United States

#5306 Apr 12, 2011

Location hidden

#5307 Apr 12, 2011
dudeluv27 wrote:
<quoted text>
No Puerto Ricans are predominantly white and african, Puerto ricans have very little native american ancestry, It ranges up to 17% on average, watch this video. genetic admixture of latin americans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VmZ0T8nkT7IXX&feature=cha nnel_video_title
EXCERPT:

According to the study funded by the U.S. National Science Foundation, 61 percent of all Puerto Ricans have Amerindian mitochondrial DNA, 27 percent have African and 12 percent Caucasian.(Nuclear DNA, or the genetic material present in a geneís nucleus, is inherited in equal parts from oneís father and mother. Mitochondrial DNA is inherited only from oneís mother and does not change or blend with other materials over time.)

So according to the link you provided that means that out of every 100 Puerto Ricans there will be sixty-seven who have Amerindian DNA, twenty-seven who have black DNA, and twelve who have white DNA traceable through their mother's side. Interesting!

BTW

These results are not applicable to the New-World Latinos and Old-World Latinos as you are applying them. That's called an over-generalization based on unrepresentative evidence.
Balmoral-Medina

Genoa City, WI

#5308 Apr 14, 2011
dudeluv27 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VmZ0T8nkT7IXX&feature=cha nnel_video_title
~~~~~~~~~~
Dear "dudluv",

Once again a comment like yours only proves what happens when a snippet of crap "research" falls into the hands of an idiot.

1. The majority of PRs are of European ancestry. Historical, demographic immigration documentation TELL US THAT! Unfortunately, for you and other idiots in the U.S. YOUR perception of us in Puerto Rico is based on Hollywood and Broadway stereo-types...AND afro-centric brainwashes in YOUR ghetto schools, where sadly many of our brothers and sister got stuck living in when the migrated to the States. As a result, many "stateside" Ricans, think that OUR culture is African which is a LIE! These ghetto ricans are lost and we just feel sorry for them in their ghetto headrags, waving little plastic PR flags. They are clueless about us and think that Rosy Perez is the governor of PR and that J-Lo's ass is the mayor of San Juan.

2. IT IS DOCUMENTED historically, that within 50 years of European settlement the native, indigenous population was ALMOST extinct. WHY? They lacked immunity to many common European diseases (common cold, mumps, measles, chicken pox and many others. They DID NOT die as a result of being killed by the Europeans, who had EVERY intention of putting them to work (slavery). Think about it for a moment, why would the European settlers kill all the "natives", who they could put to work and enslave???

3. Obviously not all natives died, but NO WAY did the small number that survived and presumably hid in the interior of the island, EVER have the genetic impact that these FAKE Taino DNA "studies" claim. Simple MATHEMATICS GEOMETRIC PROGRESSIONS tell us that. So you can believe that PR is another Aztec nation if you want, but I would recommend you go to Disney Land with that farce and tell it to the dancing dwarves and plastic fairy princesses. IDIOT!

4. in the 1800s (Historially, that was YESTERDAY!), the SPANISH colonial government (recognizing that the independence movements in the NORTH, CENTRAL & SOUTH American colonies were VERY contagious), decided to flood Puerto Rico AND CUBA with European immigration. This was called the "Cedula de Gracia", which:

a.allowed ONLY CATHOLIC Europeans to settle on these 2 islands
b.required they be loyal to the Spanish government
c.required they pay taxes to Spain
d.required they serve in the Spanish colonial army

This immigration policy was very effective and it was at this time that immigrants from ALL OVER Europe came from CORSICA, FRANCE, SPAIN, MALLORCA, CANARY ISLANDS, SCOTLAND, IRELAND and even BELGIUM, ENGLAND, DENMARK. THIS IS FACT!

This policy was NOT to "whiten" the island anymore than English immigration to the American South was meant to "whiten" the American colonies.

The crap "research" you refer to is a laughable exercise in JUNK Science and even worse crap "findings". In this "study" that was done, 77 women WHO WERE RELATED were claimed to be "Tainos"...ONE PROBLEM...

1.NO ONE knows what Taino DNA looks like
2.77 women DO NOT REPRESENT OVER 4 MILLION people in Puerto Rico, who WERE NOT part of this shit "study"

That's like going to an indian reservation in the USA and taking some "DNA" and they saying that 380 MILLION Americans are all "indians".

Wake up and read something more informed than ghetto crap "poetry" about drugs, whores thugs for your "Puerto Rican" information.

My cat is more informed than the crap in this thread! Typical internet bullshit that only serves to MIS-inform readers. Shame on you!

Que cafreria de calle, pendejo!

Pimpleball

Harrisburg, PA

#5309 Apr 14, 2011
allaroundtheworld wrote:
<quoted text>
cause their are alot of black puerto ricans.
All PRs are black so STFU!

Location hidden

#5310 Apr 14, 2011
Pimpleball wrote:
<quoted text>
All PRs are black so STFU!
In your crazy pimpled universe of course! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,207,494
Iím more submissive to White Men than Black Men (Jan '12) 4 min dolphin 63
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 7 min ti amo 2011 122,841
News The Fear Of Black Men In America: Join Our Twit... 11 min coretta 1
News HIV-positive woman shares story as Atlanta sees... 16 min LaToya 1
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 17 min Ingwe Temujin 112,715
Indiana and anti-gay laws. The People want it so. 17 min LaToya 2
What the hell is going on with black men? 1 hr Cigar Face 31 35
Why Whites can use the "N" word 1 hr UruEuWauWau 66
Biracial IS NOT black 2 hr UruEuWauWau 529