Created by bOBO on Nov 30, 2007

6,367 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

El Gaitero

Brooklyn, NY

#5245 Mar 15, 2011
About 40% of all Puerto Ricans are exclusively of European descent, which would make them white. Seems the rabble rousers in the black communities want to sucker hispanics into drinking their kool aid and robbing them of their individualism. They want to make latinos feel as if though they too are an opressed race.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#5246 Mar 16, 2011
El Gaitero wrote:
About 40% of all Puerto Ricans are exclusively of European descent, which would make them white. Seems the rabble rousers in the black communities want to sucker hispanics into drinking their kool aid and robbing them of their individualism. They want to make latinos feel as if though they too are an opressed race.
Tell me where you get the number 40% and where can i go to read your facts.........

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#5247 Mar 16, 2011
dave2000g wrote:
<quoted text> Tell me where you get the number 40% and where can i go to read your facts.........
If you are Anglo American, why not concern yourself with your suspicious percentages? You claim that only 30 million so called whites have black ancestry and yet don't apply the one drop rule to them. Those thirty million one drop-Ango Americans are spreading their Sub Saharan black DNA heritage your Anglo Amnerican community.

In short, the rest of your so-called lily white society is interbreeding with them. Then you have the hord of blacks who have and are successfuly passing undetected into your Anglo American community anbd the reason why American Anglos have a higher sub African Back DNA genetic Markers than all Eastern and Southern European nations becomes obvious.

If you are an American Negro the same applies. You are all mixed with whites and Native Americans and yet demand to be considered black. That is OK by me. After all, that really isn't any of my concern. Each ethnic group will have its customs and values and those are yours. However, your constant demands that your values be respected while disrespecting the Latino community's values can only cause a rift between the two communities. If you want respect-then give it. If not, then your claims to blackness are drivel from where I stand and should be considered drivel by any Latino who is aware of your fanatical effort to force your values down their throats.
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#5248 Mar 16, 2011
CIA World Factbook:

Ethnic groups:
white (mostly Spanish origin) 76.2%, black 6.9%, Asian 0.3%, Amerindian 0.2%, mixed 4.4%, other 12%(2007)
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-...
dlrod34

Kingman, AZ

#5249 Mar 17, 2011
let me just add that being light skined, hair, and eyes, has been a difficulty. My father grew up in Hato Rey, San Juan and in Mayaguez. No one ever believes me untill I speak spanish. Then they look at me like I have six arms. La Gente Boricua is changing fast but was at one time mostly white castillanos from Spain. The puerto rican people now see (white) people as un dueno- como los reconquistadores. Most claim not to be white because the don't want to be seen as an oppressor. VERDAD ES UN FRACASO NO PUEDO BUSCO MAS QUE LLAME MI GENTE.DIOS LE BENDIGA
nickilove

United States

#5250 Mar 20, 2011
lol
Jasmine

Newark, NJ

#5251 Mar 20, 2011
Are Puerto Ricans white?
no 2,855 65%
yes 1,521 34%
Current Total 4,376

The jury has spoken hispanics will remain hispanic!:O *clueless hispanics are shocked by the news and pout*

Location hidden

#5252 Mar 20, 2011
LOL I thought this forum was about blacks!

Blacks Beat Up White Senior Citizen
http://mulattodebate.websitetoolbox.com/post...
J_R_G

Tucker, GA

#5253 Mar 22, 2011
In 1765, an official sent by the spanish crown to take a census of the puerto rican people reported back to the King: "the races are mixing like crazy! I am descendant from that mixture, thank you!

Location hidden

#5254 Mar 22, 2011
J_R_G wrote:
In 1765, an official sent by the spanish crown to take a census of the puerto rican people reported back to the King: "the races are mixing like crazy! I am descendant from that mixture, thank you!
If you are an Anglo:

Pray tell, what have Americans been doing all that time? Why are their 32 million Anglo Americans mixed with blacks and remixing with mixed and unmixed unmixed Anglo Americans on a constant basis? Where are all the blacks who passed into Anglo society detected and undetected? Why do the USA Anglo American so-called whites have a higher sub Saharan black DNA percentage that any European nation? Could it be because they have been mixing like maniacs all this time? What do you think? Or do you purposefully place you brain on hold when it comes to you?

If you are an Afro:

Who the hell are you to be talking about mixes? You aren't racially pure no matter how much you swagger about being black and struggle to identify yourselves with African blacks who are ashamed of the comparison due to your uncouth ways. If indeed Latinos don't mess in your shit why do you persist in messing in ours? Stay in your goddamned places and but out of our cultural business! Otherwise you come across as demanding respect but unwilling to give it. It doesn't work that way amigo. Try to get that through your unusually thick skulls!

Location hidden

#5255 Mar 22, 2011
J_R_G wrote:
EXCERPT

Admixture in the United States

See also: Genetic history of indigenous peoples of the Americas

Admixture in European-American population

% European admixtureFrequency90–10068%80– 89.922%70–79.98%60–69.9< 1%50–59.9< 1%40–49.9< 1%0–39.90Some claim the vast majority of African-Americans possess varying degrees of European admixture (the average Black American is 20% European) although studies suggest the Native American admixture in Black Americans is highly exaggerated; some estimates put average African-American possession of European admixture at 25% with figures as high as 50% in the Northeast and less than 10% in the south. A recent study by Mark D. Shriver of a European-American sample found that the average admixture in the white population is 0.7% African and 3.2% Native American. However, 70% of the sample had no African admixture. The other 30% had African admixture ranging from 2% to 20% with an average of 2.3%. By extrapolating these figures to the whole population some scholars suggest that up to 74 million European-Americans may have African admixture in the same range (2-20%).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miscegenation

I was wrong. Your little lustful screwing around party with Africans has gotten you as high as as 74 million, mixed with black Anglos! LOL!
Jeff

Framingham, MA

#5256 Mar 22, 2011
J_R_G wrote:
If an official was sent to Puerto Rico by the Spanish crown to take a census of the Puerto Rican people and report back to the Spanish King, that would make that official a NATIVE EUROPEAN SPANIARD. How can he, a native Spaniard European, be "descendant from any mixture" other then European when his as a European his descend would have only been European Spaniard? Seriously some you make such oxymoron comments that they are beyond ridiculous.

Location hidden

#5257 Mar 22, 2011
He's right! Fuirhertmore, eben on the colonies only Spaniards born in Spain were allowed to occupy high government positions. That's one policy which provoked the revolution and eventual overthow of Spaniard rule.

Location hidden

#5258 Mar 22, 2011
He's right! Furthermore, even on the colonies only Spaniards born in Spain were allowed to occupy high government positions. That's one policy which provoked the revolution and eventual overthow of Spaniard rule.
Balmoral-Medina

Walworth, WI

#5259 Mar 27, 2011
Brainiac2, what happened in the South & Central American European (Spanish, Portuguese & French colonies was no different than what happened in the English & Canadian colonies to the north.

When the "native-born" whites decided they didn't want to be governed by their European brothers, they declared independence and fought for it. In the case of Puerto Rico, Spain held it til almost 1900 (1898), so logically the influence of Spanish culture is srongest there than in ANY other former Spanish colony.

Unfortunately there are cyber-idiots in these sites that continue to portray PR as another Aztec nation, which any student of western hemispheric history knows is nothing more the current revisionist politically-correct nonsense, But nonsense gets a lot of traction in the minds of the uninformed, unsophisticated and ignorant....welcome to the USA, where stupidity always trumps intelligence.
Brainiac2 wrote:
He's right! Furthermore, even on the colonies only Spaniards born in Spain were allowed to occupy high government positions. That's one policy which provoked the revolution and eventual overthow of Spaniard rule.
Balmoral-Medina

Walworth, WI

#5260 Mar 27, 2011
The question of this "African-American" thread...

"Are Puerto Ricans White?" only displays the typical lack of intelligence, information and inspiration that continues to dominate ALL "African-American" dialogues in the USA.

To ask this question is as ignorant as to ask...

"Are Americans White?"
"Are Canadians White?"

I won't even include "Are Mexicans White" because the racist brainwash in the USA about ALL of Spanish-speaking America is that if you speak Spanish (or Portuguese) you are immediately non-white.

And we wonder why the rest of the planet laughs at our endless ignorance and arrogance.

What a waste of an "educational" system that continues to produce idiots with big mouths, big egos and microscopic understanding of the rest of the planet.
Pimpleball

Harrisburg, PA

#5261 Mar 27, 2011
Porto Ricans be just Negros with an accent!

Location hidden

#5262 Mar 27, 2011
Pimpleball wrote:
Porto Ricans be just Negros with an accent!
Sure they are. Thewy all look like this guy!
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/sy-18502730/ric...
Havila

Tulsa, OK

#5263 Mar 28, 2011
Puerto Ricans consist of Indian puerto Ricans(Taino), Hispanic puerto Ricans, and African Puerto Ricans. Thats their history. If there are whites in Puerto Rican, they probably immigrated, but they aren't a part of the history o PR

Location hidden

#5264 Mar 29, 2011
All of them are practically clones of one another. Look at Roberto Clemente and Ricky Martin and Trinidad compared Jose Ferer. Why they, they could all be be twins! Right? LOLWROF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,459,326
Will Le Pen repatriate Muslims from france? 3 min Snap 99
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 9 min Moses 50,746
What music are you listening to right now? (Sep '08) 24 min Halle Berry Sister 35,523
News White rage and racist thought: How history puts... 1 hr davy 42
no blacks allowed in this thread 1 hr Sicklecell Supporter 122
Are black people really the real jews? (Oct '12) 1 hr Sicklecell Supporter 1,282
White ppl NEVER made it on their own! 2 hr Sicklecell Supporter 65
More from around the web