Are mexicans and native americans the...

Are mexicans and native americans the same?

Created by BoBo on Nov 30, 2007

1,127 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

NO

dav1234

Rosenberg, TX

#260 Dec 23, 2012
bluesky wrote:
first of all i am NATIVE AMERICAN and my grandmother told me that MEXICAN people are our brothers and sisters i look exactly like a mexican but i am not
they are mixed with native but not native you know natives act different in thier mannerism and body language you can say what nation you are from they cant but there is 14 million native american mexicans in mexico 62 nations each with thier own language and customs all they know is thier nationality mexican any body can be mexican just be born there or become acitizen there is white,black native american mexicans but about 60% percent are mixed native and white to various degrees but mixed people dont call them selves indian or indigenous in fact the discrimnate indian and make fun of thier languages and customs and way of living
Grown

United States

#261 Dec 23, 2012
No, they are natives to Mexico. Hence the name "Mexican". Neither Mayans or Aztec are from territories in the USA.
dav1234

Rosenberg, TX

#263 Dec 23, 2012
Sinajuavi wrote:
<quoted text>
Cretin: Look at a map. First, Mexico is in "America". Also, Mexico once included the SW USA. Many Mexicans are part Apache, Yaquí, Cocopah, etc., who inhabited what is now the USA. The others were Native Americans, but in Mexico south of the current border. They are all related. The Aztec language is related to that of the Shoshone, Hopi, Comanche, Ute, etc. Maya language is related to that of the Penutian speakers of California. And so on.
Yes, Mexicans are essentially Spanish-speaking Native Americans. And many Mexicans I've known also spoke Otomí, Cocopah, Yaquí, Tarahumara, Nahuatl, Mayan, etc.
yeah the yaqui,cucupa o odam pai pia kumai kikiapo live in both countries but these nations never left thier identity mixed race white mestizo only have a national identity and spanish culture and the manners of any spanish colonial attitude and make fun and discriminate agaisnt native americans in mexico and in the south west
dav1234

Rosenberg, TX

#264 Dec 23, 2012
no they are not i can compare it to african americans they are just americans of african descent but not african what african language they peak what ethic group they belong to they dont know all they know is american customs and thinking usually devried from white the same for mexican mestizos not the 14 million real native american mexicans mestizo speak spanosh follow the custons of the colonial spanish fathers the way they think act and discriminate indians and blacks in mexico the food is an adoption food natives chilli beans tortilla corn ect..dont let the hippie wannnabe be maya and aztec fool you i understand sympathy for the plight of natives in mexico but most its doing making a mockery of the culture of the true descendents of those people who to this day are dfiscriminated and live in extreme poverty they got mariachi and bullfighting thats thiers keep native culture away from these people bunch of bearde long haired hippie pretendians
satan claws

Wichita, KS

#266 Dec 23, 2012
native american are sexier looking and great in bed.
candella

Wichita, KS

#267 Dec 23, 2012
I think alot of them attracted to me because of my "native american"looks even though I'm of creole descent
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#268 Dec 23, 2012
Grown wrote:
No, they are natives to Mexico. Hence the name "Mexican". Neither Mayans or Aztec are from territories in the USA.
"Native American" means indigenous people of the Americas, from Canada to Chile. Only gringo arrogance makes them thing they're "Americans", the USA is "America" and so on. Wrong.

Maya are Native Americans. So are the Mapuche of Chile and the Aymara of Bolivia and the Taíno of Puerto Rico.
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#269 Dec 23, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
True. That was my point too. I am an American of African descent (Creole), but I am not the same as an African. We do not eat the same cuisine, speak the same languages, listen to the same music, and just have completely different cultures. So no, Mexicans are not natives to this land. They are only half Native American.
Mexicans are native to this land. The average Mexican has more Ntive blood and less white blood than a Native from the USA! The average Mexican could be called a Spanish-speaking Native American.

You gringos trying to deny Mexicans' their Native identity sucks. Who the hell are you to pass judgment on this? Most of you know next to nothing about Mexico. Your opinions mean shit.

Mexicans know perfectly well who they are. The Mexican gene pool is about 60% Native. There are 1/16 Natives you'll consider native if they're from the USA, yet you pretend a mostly-Native Mexican is not!

Really, get a clue.
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#270 Dec 23, 2012
dav1234 wrote:
no they are not i can compare it to african americans they are just americans of african descent but not african what african language they peak what ethic group they belong to they dont know all they know is american customs and thinking usually devried from white the same for mexican mestizos not the 14 million real native american mexicans mestizo speak spanosh follow the custons of the colonial spanish fathers the way they think act and discriminate indians and blacks in mexico the food is an adoption food natives chilli beans tortilla corn ect..dont let the hippie wannnabe be maya and aztec fool you i understand sympathy for the plight of natives in mexico but most its doing making a mockery of the culture of the true descendents of those people who to this day are dfiscriminated and live in extreme poverty they got mariachi and bullfighting thats thiers keep native culture away from these people bunch of bearde long haired hippie pretendians
Wrong. Mexican mestizo culture is mostly Native. They got it from their ancestors. Many have direct connections to people who speak indigenous languages. And so who the hell are you to decide who is who?

The indigenous identity of Mexico is foremost. Spanish-bloods still rule the country, but the majority of Mexicans are mostly Native.
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#271 Dec 23, 2012
candella wrote:
I think alot of them attracted to me because of my "native american"looks even though I'm of creole descent
DNA analysis reveal that most black Yanks who think they are part Native are in fact part white. But "Native" sounds so exotic, so much better than being part whitey.

Then y'all presume to pontificate about whether Mexicans are Native!!! LOL... have you ever been to Spain? Not a lot of brown people with straight black hair there, DUH.
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#272 Dec 23, 2012
dav1234 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah the yaqui,cucupa o odam pai pia kumai kikiapo live in both countries but these nations never left thier identity mixed race white mestizo only have a national identity and spanish culture and the manners of any spanish colonial attitude and make fun and discriminate agaisnt native americans in mexico and in the south west
Wrong again. Their culture and ancestry is more Native than Spanish. Y'all will accept a USA NDN as Native despite being mostly white and assimilated to Yank culture, yet somehow a Mexican doesn't qualify? Wrong.

Everyone I know respects Native people and culture and knows that they are descended from them.

What is the purpose to all this anti-Mexican crap in this thread? Y'all jealous because Mexicans are less white than AA's are? LOL...
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#273 Dec 23, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
Mexicans and Native Americans are somewhat of the same. I say that because Mexicans are Mestizos or multiracial people. They are a blend of Native American, Spanish (Espana from Europe), and some, not all, have African in them. Overall, I wouldn't say the same but similar just because they have Native American blood in them. Pure Native Americans are natives to this land, not Mestizos..not their European or African side anyway.
Most NDN's in the USA are mixed. Y'all try desperately to make Mexicans less Native, but in fact they are more. Mestizos are Native to this land. Stop trying to impose Spanish identity on them.
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#274 Dec 23, 2012

LAcreole
Level 5

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#275 Dec 23, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Mexicans are native to this land. The average Mexican has more Ntive blood and less white blood than a Native from the USA! The average Mexican could be called a Spanish-speaking Native American.
You gringos trying to deny Mexicans' their Native identity sucks. Who the hell are you to pass judgment on this? Most of you know next to nothing about Mexico. Your opinions mean shit.
Mexicans know perfectly well who they are. The Mexican gene pool is about 60% Native. There are 1/16 Natives you'll consider native if they're from the USA, yet you pretend a mostly-Native Mexican is not!
Really, get a clue.
Oh so which native tongue/language of a Native American tribe do Mexicans speak? Mexicans are Mestizos (part EUROPEAN/Spanish). Tell that to a REAL Native American who speaks the native tongue. Get a clue.

LAcreole
Level 5

Location hidden

#276 Dec 23, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Most NDN's in the USA are mixed. Y'all try desperately to make Mexicans less Native, but in fact they are more. Mestizos are Native to this land. Stop trying to impose Spanish identity on them.
Then I'm going to start claiming indigenous to this land as well. Mestizos, Creoles.....hell, what's next? The Chinese are indigenous too?? Stop that smh....
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#277 Dec 23, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh so which native tongue/language of a Native American tribe do Mexicans speak? Mexicans are Mestizos (part EUROPEAN/Spanish). Tell that to a REAL Native American who speaks the native tongue. Get a clue.
Don't condescend to me, cabrona. I obviously know far more about this than you do.

First, many USA NDNs do not speak their native language, or not well. They speak English. They are also MESTIZOS, you fool, as they are mixed with Europeans.

And who the hell authorized YOU to decide who is a REAL Native American? Lose the arrogance and the attitude.

Mexicans are for the most part Native. They have more Native ancestry than most USA NDNs.

You get a clue, cabrona salada.

www.mexica-movement.org

LAcreole
Level 5

Location hidden

#278 Dec 23, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't condescend to me, cabrona. I obviously know far more about this than you do.
First, many USA NDNs do not speak their native language, or not well. They speak English. They are also MESTIZOS, you fool, as they are mixed with Europeans.
And who the hell authorized YOU to decide who is a REAL Native American? Lose the arrogance and the attitude.
Mexicans are for the most part Native. They have more Native ancestry than most USA NDNs.
You get a clue, cabrona salada.
www.mexica-movement.org
Riiight, can't name one native language they speak. Riiiight. Exactly my point, let a Mexican ask a real Native American, one who actually know their roots, if they are indigenous or not. I'm indigenous too hahaha.
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#279 Dec 23, 2012
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
Then I'm going to start claiming indigenous to this land as well. Mestizos, Creoles.....hell, what's next? The Chinese are indigenous too?? Stop that smh....
What an arrogant racist pig you are.

Mexicans have a majority of indigenous ancestry. Their culture is mostly indigenous. They look so Native that I've been told by NDNs in the USA that gringos very often mistake them for Mexicans.

Native Californians, facing slavery and genocide from the gringos in the 19th century, often dressed as Mexicans and adopted cultural patterns so that they would pass as Mexicans, since being a 3rd class citizen in California was better than being exterminated for being a “Digger”.

Mexicans are indigenous. Chinese are not. You are not. Shut up.

www.mexica-movement.org
Barros Serrano

Fairmont, WV

#280 Dec 23, 2012
Mexican Castilian is full of Native influence. In many regions, the local dialect of Castilian contains the words of the peoples' indigenous ancestors. In Sinaloa, for example, there was an indigenous king who had a crooked neck, and people there today with such a condition, or a person even with a crimped neck, are called “coti”, which was the name of that king.“Ai estoy todo coti...”, someone will say. So there they are speaking indigenous language mixed into the Castilian.

You know nothing about Mexico, so shut up.

www.mexica-movement.org

LAcreole
Level 5

Location hidden

#281 Dec 23, 2012
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
What an arrogant racist pig you are.
Mexicans have a majority of indigenous ancestry. Their culture is mostly indigenous. They look so Native that I've been told by NDNs in the USA that gringos very often mistake them for Mexicans.
Native Californians, facing slavery and genocide from the gringos in the 19th century, often dressed as Mexicans and adopted cultural patterns so that they would pass as Mexicans, since being a 3rd class citizen in California was better than being exterminated for being a “Digger”.
Mexicans are indigenous. Chinese are not. You are not. Shut up.
www.mexica-movement.org
Whaaaat?! You mean to tell me that these indigenous Mestizos (mixed race) people can claim this land, but a Creole (mixed race) can not? Oh my freakin God....I'm so shocked...that you agree with me that is. Get a clue. I have a Native American friend who is 100% Native to this land, then I have Mexican friends. Don't speak the same language, don't have the same culture, and don't carry "the card", Mexicans that is. My Native friend gets offended when Mestizos claim his people land, but they can never show him their Native American status.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 12 min Harrisson 357
THREE WORDS USED TO DESCRIBE WHITES. kir sucka 41 min spooklevel10009 45
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 44 min Rattlesnake Pete 1,642,915
Do you believe Dylann Roof really had sex with ... 52 min spooklevel10009 18
Racism in America (May '17) 1 hr bluestreak returns 1,029
Thanksgiving is a WHITES ONLY holiday! 1 hr Harrisson 13
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 1 hr uptho 841
Why do people say racist white guys have sex wi... 1 hr yep 78
Why do black girls get with white guys? 3 hr bluestreak returns 98
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 4 hr Nutz like TicTacs 1,591
More from around the web