created by: BoBo | Nov 30, 2007

African-American

848 votes

Are mexicans and native americans the same?

Click on an option to vote

• Yes
  • NO

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of281
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tag

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Judged:

They are the same , Mexicans are native americans, so we white people, and black people should leave and go back to Europe and africa and give them back their land.
hotwings

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Judged:

They don't look or act the same that I can see. I met some Pueblo Indians a few years back when I was in the South West. They were cool and laid back and wore turquoise jewlery and kept their hair long. Mexicans look and act different to me
Tag

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Judged:

They are all part of the american indian race.
They are a different kind of indian. Just like all africans don't look the same, all american indians dont look the same
Tag

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Judged:

Correction: Just like all africans dont look the same, all american indians dont look the same
Tag

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2007

Judged:

----KHOISAN ,ETHIOPIANS, SOMALIANS===BLACK RACE----

THEY LOOK DIFFERENT BUT THEY ARE ALL RELATED=== SAME PEOPLE=====

Since: Nov 07

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Judged:

Not the same Mexican are white European blood Spaniards.
MixedGirl

Lancing, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Judged:

No, most of them are mixed spanaird and native american, so in a way they are.

Since: Sep 07

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Judged:

Tag wrote:
They are the same , Mexicans are native americans, so we white people, and black people should leave and go back to Europe and africa and give them back their land.
You guys can go back to europe but blacks are not african
Michelle

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Judged:

Yes, it is basicly the same blood lines. Most Mexicas are descendants of the Natives, mixed w/a little Spanish, but not as much Spanish as they think.
Michelle

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Judged:

StoneColdBeer wrote:
Not the same Mexican are white European blood Spaniards.
You must be blind, I can not see how you can look at most Mexicans, and just see a white Spanaird standing in front of you. I have lived in Texas, and those people do not looke Caucasion. I am sure there are lots of mixes, with varying features, and if you look at Mexican TV, you will see more European looking actresss, but in real life, most do not look white to me. There are exceptions though.
citizen d

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2007

Judged:

yes, mexicans are a tribe of native(central) americans...
there are native populations in all of the americas (north - u.s., canada, central - mexico,belize, honduras, south - venezuela, brazil)...

Since: Nov 07

Salinas, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be blind, I can not see how you can look at most Mexicans, and just see a white Spanaird standing in front of you. I have lived in Texas, and those people do not looke Caucasion. I am sure there are lots of mixes, with varying features, and if you look at Mexican TV, you will see more European looking actresss, but in real life, most do not look white to me. There are exceptions though.
I cant be that blind you look very beautiful to me

Level 1

Since: May 07

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Judged:

they act different, my ex was hot though he was cherokee,irish,scottish and souix, he has european features though plus he speaks his native american language not spanish.
Dr Who

Rotterdam, Netherlands

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Judged:

What were Mexicans before the Spanish conquistador arrived? Or was Mexico just some empty land?
Juan Rico

Berryville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Judged:

Ok, here is how it is. People who are indigenous to the Americas are Americans. It's actually very simple. Yes Mexico and many places in South and North America were inhabited they were not empty. There are many mixes with European and Native American people. Mexicans are what you call people from Mexico. They have to be of some sort of Native American blood to be indigenous. Most Mexicans are Native Americans except for the ones that are fully Spanish. They were originally called Olmecs, Mixtecs, Aztecs, Mayans, Incans, Iroquois, Cherokee, Powhatan and many more tribes. They are all TRUE Americans.
KNOCK KNOCK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2007

Judged:

Mexicans are 60% Mestizo, 30% Amerindian, and 9% white.. Mestizos "Indian" groups from the Aztecs, Mayas, and Toltecs.. usually have distinct physical characteristic.
Mamey

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Judged:

Are U.S. Americans all white? All Amerindian? All of African descent? Of course not, on all three counts. Before the Europeans arrived in great numbers to the Americas, there were Amerindian peoples with hundreds of different languages from Alaska down all of North and South America to the tip of present day Argentina. During and after the 1500s many of the aborigines (known variously as Amerindian, American Indians, Native Americans, or indigenous peoples of the Americas) either died because of newly arrived diseases such as smallpox, or through warfare. In some areas the native population nearly disappeared (Argentina, Cuba, Uruguay), in others some survived (Brazil, the United States, Costa Rica, Canada), and in other areas large numbers survived (Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, Mexico, Central America). The Europeans (Portuguese, Spaniards, French, English, etc) brought slaves from sub-Saharan Africa. Later on different peoples from Asia also came to the Americas. Thus every country in North and South America has different groups of people, and in some more than others there is considerable mixing of all groups. Today there are parts of Mexico where the majority is mostly European looking (parts of Sonora and other northern Mexican states, and also in some of the highland areas of Jalisco and Guanajuato). For the most part, however, most of Mexico is made up mixed race individuals (as Knock Knock said above, about 60%). Some of these, especially along the southern Pacific coast also are mixed with descendants of African slaves. In southern Mexico, the great majority are Amerindian, and they still speak a variety of Mayan, Zapotec, and other indigenous languages which of course have nothing to do with Spanish or other European languages. In the past most Mexican immigrants were either mestizo (a mix of Amerindian and European) or white. During the last twenty years, however, most immigrants from Mexico have come from Oaxaca and other southern Mexican states, and they have gone not only to California and the southwest but to all parts of the USA. Thus it is not surprising that on a day to day basis most U.S. Americans see Mexicans who are mostly Amerindians like their cousins up here (Navajo, Lakota, Ute, Cherokee, etc.). However, the Amerindians from Mexico are different culturally from U.S. Amerindians because they do have some Spanish influences, while those from here have English influences. Also, while most U.S. Amerindians are fluent in English, Amerindians from Mexico often are not fluent in Spanish--back home they used their native languages primarily and still use it amongst each other here. Ironically, 500 years after the European conquest of Mexico, it is in the USA that they begin to learn and use more Spanish.

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Candella88 wrote:
they act different, my ex was hot though he was cherokee,irish,scottish and souix, he has european features though plus he speaks his native american language not spanish.
Black people on the west coast act different from blacks in the south

Level 1

Since: May 07

Dodge City, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Nomadic wrote:
<quoted text>Black people on the west coast act different from blacks in the south
i'm sure they do
Mamey

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2007

Dr Who wrote:
What were Mexicans before the Spanish conquistador arrived? Or was Mexico just some empty land?
See post 21.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of281
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••