Random thoughts...

Lili4
Level 2

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#74160 May 4, 2014
I'll have to tell my sister about those juice smoothies, since she buys them a lot. I love the taste of them, but I don't drink them much, because I'm cutting back on sugar, and those drinks are pretty sweet (the flavors I've tasted, anyhow).

Level 7

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#74161 May 4, 2014
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>Very impressive indeed... I love hearing success stories of our black youth.
How are you Cogito? I hope all is going well...
Hey New, thanks for inquiring. I'm doing fantastic, ready for a fun fill summer. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#74162 May 4, 2014
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text> I can never get enough of protein, but I know even with the good protein you have to know when too say it's too much.:)
XD

XD

XD

Level 8

Location hidden

#74163 May 4, 2014
And they call it "Naked"...

...hmmm???

Level 7

Location hidden

#74164 May 4, 2014
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
@ Cogito
LOL!! See...that's my point...this whole sh!t with Sterling is a house of cards that can very EASILY collapse on ALL OF US...especially men. This Stiviano chick, or whatever her fcukin' name is, should have never had an audience to begin with. The second she went to address the press she should've been shut down right then & there...but that won't happen because this circus act known as the media will slvt out their own souls for a fcukin' "story".
Plus, I'm quite sure if that geezer (Sterling) thought hard enough, he could probably recollect some funky sh!t the [email protected] done said...maybe about her own people...BOTH, Mexicans & Blacks.
Now, that isn't to suggest that Sterling doesn't need to be put on blast because he DOES. This muffcuKKKa is a piece of sh!t who, luckily has heaps of $$$ because that's about the only WORTH this white n!**a has.
I agree, we ALL internally wrestle with racist/ prejudice notions, however, many of us do not put footwork to the bullsh!t we think about...not all of the time.
And I too have had my fill with this "selective moral outrage", especially with Black people...being p!ssed out of convenience...OR, we're just p!ssed already and we need some sorta vent to bleed out all of OUR OWN resentments (however justified). But…that’s the slave for you…
*shrugs*
Don't get me wrong, I am no Sterling sympathizer or apologist, but I myself have been guilty of uttering a few race based comments in what I believed to have been "privileged conversations," so his comments about not wanting his chick taking photos with Brothers didn't bother me in the least. Besides, what's the difference between knowing that people thinks like that and having recorded confirmation that they do? Neither was I offended by his not wanting his girl publicly seen with Magic, as I would not want my girl posting photos with Sterlling's azz on social media either; but where he runs afoul is when allows his bigotry to be expressed in terms of not wanting blacks at his games. I'm well aware of his plantation mentality, but I know that many others think of us similarly, so I'm not shocked by that. And while I do think that we are obligated to be vigilant in this racist society, we should not be so emotionally reactionary to the expressed views of bigots, giving them in a sense, power over our psyche; let the white liberals manage that sh!t, because surely, we as a people have more important issues to prioritized and get worked up over.

Level 7

Location hidden

#74165 May 4, 2014
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>This is AWESOME! But...BUT... I can't help but to be concerned about how "dual enrollment" may, in some cases stifle a child (scholastically & socially).
Another concern that I have is just how much money is Grace's parents actually saving in tuition? Realistically, I'm having difficulty believing that Grace getting an early drop on college will somehow serve as some sorta stipend of all of her college fees.
You gotta remember, big homie, these fcukin' institutions are in BUSINESS...business to make dat guap...and to make it at ANY cost. If Grace's college expenses are being discounted to any degree, I assure you, Florida Atlantic University will find some way to collect...even if it means them adding a few electives back onto her roster when she pursues her Masters.
Don't get me wrong, this story is great beyond words, however, as a parent AND as a student myself, I just have some concerns.
Well.....for me, before I even get into the whole cost thing, I am a true believe in that when kids are in their intellectual evolutionary/developmental phase of their lives and demonstrates a healthy appetite for knowledge; I for one, encourage that you feed them until they are satiated. I understand that it is equally important that there be a parallel social education, but I would not intentionally retard their intellectual or academic progression out of concern for that if they showed exceptional promise because one can always catch up on the social part.

My understanding is that she was afforded, as were here older sisters, deep discounts in tuition cost because she demonstrated an ability to simultaneously manage the two, which allowed here to complete her undergraduate degree with minimum, if any debt. As you know, most undergraduate students that secure bachelor degree's enter into the work force with nearly 100k in debt hanging over their heads which they will be servicing well into their 30's if not beyond; so minimally she free from this burden.

And as far as the cost of her graduate pursuits, with her having performed as she did, I'm comfortable that she will have the rest of her education paid for by grants from foundations that wishes to use her as an example of what can be achieved; however, in any event; even if she has to pay, knowing that educational cost will be inflated in the future, she is better off for having gotten the undergraduate portion out of the way.

Level 3

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#74166 May 4, 2014
[QUOTE who="CANDAYMAMA"if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all...[/QUOTE]so why talk sh*t about my cousin, then b*tch?

Level 3

Location hidden

#74167 May 4, 2014
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all...
so why talk sh*t about my cousin, then b*tch?

Level 8

Since: Jan 08

Wichita, KS

#74168 May 4, 2014
Hera wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you said this because I feel the same way. I have a friend who compliments EVERYONE - nice dress, nice hair, nice shoes, etc. One day she stops someone to say "I love your dress". I thought it was beyond ugly and said "J, did you really like that dress?". And she says, no, just being polite. LOL
I can't do that. I wouldn't be believable anyway, my face would show it.
Well I guess thee's nothing wrong with being polite

Level 8

Wichita, KS

#74169 May 4, 2014
Queen wrote:
<quoted text> :)
That's the beauty of it....when Proud Black /Creole mothers can give birth to native american babies just like Proud White or Native American mothers can birth Black babies...:)
<quoted text> You ever thought of getting her into modeling or the entertainment business?
I know my daughter looks more native american lol so I call her my native american princess since she favors her bio dad. I'm going to try and get that for her not sure about the entertainment business but some baby modeling would be nice.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

#74170 May 4, 2014
Lili4 wrote:
I'll have to tell my sister about those juice smoothies, since she buys them a lot. I love the taste of them, but I don't drink them much, because I'm cutting back on sugar, and those drinks are pretty sweet (the flavors I've tasted, anyhow).
Yes you should let her know while they're in stock and they had different blends to choose from.

Level 9

#74171 May 4, 2014
Cogito2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey New, thanks for inquiring. I'm doing fantastic, ready for a fun fill summer. I hope all is well with you and yours.
Anytime Cogito.... I'm ready too for some carefree summer days. And yes all is very well and I hope the same for you.:)

Level 9

#74172 May 4, 2014
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>
XD
XD
XD
;)

Level 9

#74173 May 4, 2014
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
And they call it "Naked"...
...hmmm???
Exactly! Pure...

Level 9

#74174 May 5, 2014
Good morning to you all.... :)

Level 9

#74175 May 5, 2014
GoT was good last night and kinda funny too...

Level 3

Location hidden

#74176 May 5, 2014
CANDAYMAMA wrote:
<quoted text>
I know my daughter looks more native american lol so I call her my native american princess since she favors her bio dad. I'm going to try and get that for her not sure about the entertainment business but some baby modeling would be nice.
http://m.topix.com/forum/afam/T1V314ENKOPIC8A...

Level 8

Wichita, KS

#74177 May 5, 2014
my daughter is getting more and more beautiful everyday. I'm trying to take care of some business,clean this house up and get some studying in.

Level 8

Location hidden

#74178 May 5, 2014
MsNewNew wrote:
GoT was good last night and kinda funny too...
Don't tell me NUFFIN'! I haven't watched it yet.

:{)

Level 9

#74180 May 5, 2014
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>Don't tell me NUFFIN'! I haven't watched it yet.
:{)
Okay... I always try to wait for you, to see what you will add first.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam an empire of faith (Oct '12) 2 min dcool 7,385
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,432,626
MSNBC: Trump won 3 min dcool 31
Why are AABM Breeding Themselves Out of Existance? (Jul '12) 4 min Lori899 116
News Trump calls on GOP to improve African-American ... 6 min Slade surfer Thom... 1,351
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 6 min Who 48,848
Why do American Blacks think they're Egyptians? (Apr '12) 11 min trollslayer 3,575
IR at the walmart 1 hr ROMPER STOMPER 70
Why did they Nuked Japan but not Germany??? 2 hr dcool 268
More from around the web