Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#72361 Dec 29, 2013

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#72362 Dec 29, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is interesting. Did her family come straight from West Indies to America, or did they detour through the UK before coming here?
Her mother is an African-American, she dated my Jamaican dad while he was living in the America... Courtney was only 2 years old when my dad was deported back to Jamaica to serve a prison sentence. The USA labelled him "A Menace to Society".
My father is not allowed to enter US territories but Courtney has visited him.

Location hidden

#72363 Dec 29, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is interesting. Did her family come straight from West Indies to America, or did they detour through the UK before coming here?
My dad's family did take a detour through the UK. My grandfather left a wife and 5 boys aged 16 to 3 and a daughter aged 5 in London, when he moved to America. He actually told his wife he was "going on holiday" and would be back in a few weeks. But he didn't ever return to the UK.
He married an AA woman 24 years younger than him (to get his papers).
At his funeral (he died in his 50s from Kidney problems, he was a heavy drinker and he made money by gambling) one of his sons got into an argument over money with his wife.(all the kids were grown by the time he died).
The AA wife made a phone call and about 6 big AA men arrived and jumped my uncle and gave him a beating.
So it's true was Anderson said about AA women getting AA men into fights.

Location hidden

#72364 Dec 29, 2013
*Was = what

APV

“You were saying about bp aging”

Level 3

Since: Apr 08

still busy trolling??

#72366 Dec 29, 2013
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning Apv! You have to accept that she has a mental illness. It is what it is...
Yeah, that's pretty obvious!
MsNewNew wrote:
Apv I forgot to ask... Do you watch the HGTV channel? They have a new show called the Hawaii Life. The show is about people buying homes in Hawaii. Girl I like watching the show because I get a chance to see all the different homes on all the beautiful islands over there. You are so lucky...:)
Yeah, I watch it. I'm waiting for them to show an episode on Oahu as they usually only show the neighbor islands and I'm certainly not trying to live out there. When I first moved out here I was told that there wasn't any Real Estate Agency for renters, like they have in the mainland, so I was surprised when I saw this show. Either times have changed or they only have properties on the neighbor islands.
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
You need expert advice when buying in Hawaii, there are volcanoes and it is impossible to get insurance or grow anything (vegetation, plants) on some of the land there.
That's not true. The only active volcano is on the Big Island and it's in a National Park (away from homes). Hawaii soil is very fertile that's why they are able to farm pineapples, macadamias, coffee which they are known for plus several others fruits and vegetables. Have you ever seen pictures of Kauai? It's 90% rainforest. In fact, I can't recall many places that have barren soil (with the exception of Kauai's version of the Grand Canyon but that's a small section of the island).

But of course you should speak to an expert when buying any type of property but not for the reasons you mentioned.

APV

Level 3

still busy trolling??

#72367 Dec 29, 2013
MsNewNew wrote:
Did anyone catch the airline glitch the other day on the Delta website? I hate I missed out on the great deals. Because of the software errors they had flights as low as $12.00 dollars. A trip from Los Angeles to Honolulu was only $68 roundtrip and flights from Ala to New York was $42 roundtrip. The error booking went on for four hours before Delta realized there were problems. People was telling everyone on facebook and twitter... Smh that I didn't get in on that. Delta will honor each ticket purchased.
Wow, I wonder how many people took advantage of that?

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#72368 Dec 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
My dad's family did take a detour through the UK. My grandfather left a wife and 5 boys aged 16 to 3 and a daughter aged 5 in London, when he moved to America. He actually told his wife he was "going on holiday" and would be back in a few weeks. But he didn't ever return to the UK.
He married an AA woman 24 years younger than him (to get his papers).
At his funeral (he died in his 50s from Kidney problems, he was a heavy drinker and he made money by gambling) one of his sons got into an argument over money with his wife.(all the kids were grown by the time he died).
The AA wife made a phone call and about 6 big AA men arrived and jumped my uncle and gave him a beating.
So it's true was Anderson said about AA women getting AA men into fights.
Sounds like you have had quite a bit of drama in your life...But its not just AA women who get men into fights, I think that is all western women. AA women might actually have no fear of beating up a man herself. I've witnessed it a handful of times with my own eyes. I am sure if I had been raised in a more "urban" setting, I would have seen it happen on a weekly basis.

The ironic thing is, some black women reading my comment right now are probably pissed that I said it, while at the same time secretly wanting me to get beaten up for saying, THUS confirming the validity of the comment to begin with!

smh...Black people in America have got do to better. And I am doing my part to make sure this happens.

APV

Level 3

still busy trolling??

#72369 Dec 29, 2013
canday wrote:
<quoted text>
I have quite a few friends on topix and friends offline you just don't know who they are. Like silly trolls say you flirt with guys who diss you and then you post all their personal stuff online like the immature scorned bxtch you are. No common friends? How did you join Mada's facebook group then? stop lying and shut up.
The people I flirted with I never posted their stuff. You need to come up with a better lie.

I'm not on Mada's facebook group...no idea who that is.
canday wrote:
<quoted text>It's always the old jealous women like you who remain bitter over the years. You are only messing up this thread by continuing to post to me when I didn't EVEN post to you on this thread. YOU are the drama queen, you started it biatch.You and icey need to stop hating fa real makes you look real ugly
Really, then what's post #65384?

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TULU1GPOK6LIR...

You really need to lay off the drugs if you can't recall when you start drama and then try to play victim.

You're not significant enough to be hated...keep wishing but it's never going to happen.

Location hidden

#72370 Dec 29, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have had quite a bit of drama in your life...But its not just AA women who get men into fights, I think that is all western women. AA women might actually have no fear of beating up a man herself. I've witnessed it a handful of times with my own eyes. I am sure if I had been raised in a more "urban" setting, I would have seen it happen on a weekly basis.
The ironic thing is, some black women reading my comment right now are probably pissed that I said it, while at the same time secretly wanting me to get beaten up for saying, THUS confirming the validity of the comment to begin with!
smh...Black people in America have got do to better. And I am doing my part to make sure this happens.
The problems (with the men on my dad's side of the family) all started when my paternal great grandfather was knocked down and by a car and killed in Kingston, Jamaica aged 19. His wife was pregnant with my grandfather. My grandfather never met his father and was raised by his mother.
When he became a man, he developed a drink and gambling problem and was never able to be a good, reliable father to his kids... e.g abandoning them and moving to America to start a new life.
Very few father's would have been able to leave 6 children aged 16 to 3 behind and start a new life 1000s of miles away. The irresponsible attitude has been passed down the generations. Luckily we have more women than men in the family, so the children have men from outside the family to father them and mothers from inside the family.

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#72371 Dec 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
The problems (with the men on my dad's side of the family) all started when my paternal great grandfather was knocked down and by a car and killed in Kingston, Jamaica aged 19. His wife was pregnant with my grandfather. My grandfather never met his father and was raised by his mother.
When he became a man, he developed a drink and gambling problem and was never able to be a good, reliable father to his kids... e.g abandoning them and moving to America to start a new life.
Very few father's would have been able to leave 6 children aged 16 to 3 behind and start a new life 1000s of miles away. The irresponsible attitude has been passed down the generations. Luckily we have more women than men in the family, so the children have men from outside the family to father them and mothers from inside the family.
Sounds horrible...I am very happy I had a real man as a father.

Location hidden

#72372 Dec 29, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you have had quite a bit of drama in your life...
My dad's mother was the daughter of a Puerto Rican sailor! Her father was on a ship that docked in Kingston Jamaica. He met my great grandmother, fell in love with her and Jamaica and stayed in Jamaica for the rest of his life!

Since: May 10

UK

#72373 Dec 29, 2013
Let it out babe!!!!!

Location hidden

#72374 Dec 29, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds horrible...I am very happy I had a real man as a father.
It's strange how deeply the repercussions of a freak accident can be felt through the generations! A 19 year old boy is run down and killed by a car in Kingston Jamaica....
I think my grandfather was true to himself. He did what he felt was best for him and the sad part is, his sons in their 50s still believe he only planned a "vacation" in America and then got caught up in things and decided to stay.
To this day, they refuse to accept that he lied to their mother and fully intended never to return home to his family when he booked his ticket to America. His wife thought he had bought a return ticket... but it was ONE WAY!

Location hidden

#72375 Dec 29, 2013
selina london wrote:
Let it out babe!!!!!
Why can't you leave me alone? Nobody else has interrupted the conversation, only you.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#72376 Dec 29, 2013
canday wrote:
For someone who told the cops they feared for the life when I almost killed them that night sho blowing up my phone. Get a lawyer and meet me court. Baby girl ain't going nowhere. I'm seriously about to get pissed off I'm tired of these dxmn voicemails. Just took my meds so I'll be fine in a few mins. I don't even get mad anymore since I been on this,I'm glad they increased the dosage because I get terrible road rage. My man says it's gotten a little better but he still gotta check me lol.
THIS is a perfect example of your not knowing when to stop posting your personal information. Do you think that this intimidates anyone? It only further confirms that YOU are in NO position to be a mother. IF you cannot control your rage, what is to stop you from injuring an innocent child or putting her in a position for someone else to injure her trying to get at you. YOU have made some very unwise choices. Still sayin'.....

PUT A LID ON IT, SIlly Trolls.....smh.....

Location hidden

#72377 Dec 29, 2013
NotSoDivineMsM wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS is a perfect example of your not knowing when to stop posting your personal information. Do you think that this intimidates anyone? It only further confirms that YOU are in NO position to be a mother. IF you cannot control your rage, what is to stop you from injuring an innocent child or putting her in a position for someone else to injure her trying to get at you. YOU have made some very unwise choices. Still sayin'.....
PUT A LID ON IT, SIlly Trolls.....smh.....
Her daughter is alive....

Location hidden

#72378 Dec 29, 2013
APV wrote:
<quoted text>

That's not true. The only active volcano is on the Big Island and it's in a National Park (away from homes). Hawaii soil is very fertile that's why they are able to farm pineapples, macadamias, coffee which they are known for plus several others fruits and vegetables. Have you ever seen pictures of Kauai? It's 90% rainforest. In fact, I can't recall many places that have barren soil (with the exception of Kauai's version of the Grand Canyon but that's a small section of the island).
But of course you should speak to an expert when buying any type of property but not for the reasons you mentioned.
That's what i was told by a man who sells realty in Hawaii. I asked him why some land and houses are so incredibly cheap (less than $25,0000) while others are much more expensive. He told me about the volcanoes, the high cost of home insurance for some areas and about some of the land being infertile.
He said an outsider looking for a cheap bargain could easily buy something worthless.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

#72380 Dec 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Her daughter is alive....
Weak, just like you, DEBBIE (DOES DALLAS) or is it, Bonnie does Baltimore? The more you make those kinds of comments the more you put your own in karmic jeopardy. Carry on, k?

Since: May 10

UK

#72381 Dec 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't you leave me alone? Nobody else has interrupted the conversation, only you.
p**s off mate!

Location hidden

#72382 Dec 29, 2013
selina london wrote:
<quoted text> p**s off mate!
You say that, but you can't stay away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min woodtick57 1,403,057
White men not as strong as black women 3 min Dan Snow 4
Blacks -- be honest! 9 min Trayvon Had It Co... 1
NEANDERTHALS made WHITES more INTELLIGENT (Apr '13) 12 min Regulation 1,647
Video will become public at 8PM ET, 14 min THX Repatriates S... 3
Shoot all whites 23 min RedTennessian 35
DNC Chair Wasserman-Schultz dumped from Dem Con... 26 min Liberal Plantation 1
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Moses 47,294
Dallas Shooter wrote "RB" in blood 3 hr Dan Snow 293
News Black therapist with hands up shot by cops whil... 6 hr U Make Me Laugh 147
More from around the web