Random thoughts...

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#65255 Sep 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember Do The Right Thing???*Chuckles*
You were SEVEN years old when Do the Right Thing hit the movie theatres. You were nowhere near old enough to be let in to see that movie :).....
Don't be silly, Shalimarr - we have something called "DVDs" here in the States. He almost certainly watched it on a DVD (or videotape) back in 2000 or 2003 or later -- which would still be SEVERAL YEARS ago.

smh

Location hidden

#65256 Sep 29, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>...But it wouldn't shock me when you have folk in here staging deaths. Who the fcuk does THAT?...
Yo I heard about that (the staging death thing). What was good with that anyway???

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#65257 Sep 29, 2013
Good goal (Canada)!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#65258 Sep 29, 2013
Burrito Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Nighur women are the least desirable on the planet.
Science says.
I thought they looked great, all with lovely legs!

Location hidden

#65259 Sep 29, 2013
Wayne X wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, how old are you?
Feb 1973

Location hidden

#65260 Sep 29, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep making inaccurate references to my age? I was older than that and old enough to appreciate SOME of the dynamic that was played out (Of course I had to rewatch the film as an adult before I compltely understood the film)
I hated Ray....It was so contrived....I hated Ali as well...Ali is my man, and Will Smith can't even carry his jock strap. Although I do like Smith in SOME films, I don't think he was right for that role at all. There are two people who could have been Ali...Only problem is, they don't have the same physical stature...Jeffrey Wright (of course he took a side role in the film) and Chiwetel Ejiofor..Either of them would have killed it.
I apologize to you for being insensitive. The Malcolm X biopic is more than just another biopic to you. You are an African-American, and I totally overlooked that in my reply to you.
Malcolm X was deep, affecting and genuinely a masterpiece. As a non-AA Do The Right Thing gave me an insight into a way of life which is not particularly exciting or "different" to you. Spike Lee was giving outsiders like me, a window into AA life. Of cf course you would not be as intrigued by that window.

Level 8

Location hidden

#65261 Sep 29, 2013
America scores, then Canada scores again...London crowd is losing its mind!!!

How on earth did I miss this game the 1st time around???

They really need to get another Olympiad back in England soon. Itza good audience there; a VERY gracious audience. I mean, they love their own athletes but you can tell they love the spirit of competition all the more.

Level 8

Location hidden

#65262 Sep 29, 2013
AlwaysOnPoint wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo I heard about that (the staging death thing). What was good with that anyway???
Maaaaan...

...do you REALLY wanna know..?

*massages temples*

Level 8

Location hidden

#65264 Sep 29, 2013
Burrito Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Nighur women are the least desirable on the planet.
Science says.
"Science" also says that KKKrackas grow tails.

Location hidden

#65265 Sep 29, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be silly, Shalimarr - we have something called "DVDs" here in the States. He almost certainly watched it on a DVD (or videotape) back in 2000 or 2003 or later -- which would still be SEVERAL YEARS ago.
smh
I KNOW that! But being 7 at the time a movie is released and watching it years later on DVD, is not remotely the same as being 17, watching it at a movie theatre and experiencing the hype!
Do you think people who watched Star Wars on DVD years later, had the same experience as those who saw it on a movie screen when it was first released and nobody knew what to expect?
The same for the first Terminator, Independence Day. Pulp fiction, Beverley Hill's Cop etc etc.

Location hidden

#65266 Sep 29, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>Maaaaan...
...do you REALLY wanna know..?
*massages temples*
Everything else goes on here so I wanna know.

Location hidden

#65267 Sep 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
I apologize to you for being insensitive. The Malcolm X biopic is more than just another biopic to you. You are an African-American, and I totally overlooked that in my reply to you.
Malcolm X was deep, affecting and genuinely a masterpiece. As a non-AA Do The Right Thing gave me an insight into a way of life which is not particularly exciting or "different" to you. Spike Lee was giving outsiders like me, a window into AA life. Of cf course you would not be as intrigued by that window.
WTF??? Who down judged this post ^^^^^^^^ It's the nicest post I've ever made here.
Fck you all!!!!

Location hidden

#65268 Sep 29, 2013
-Black Famous- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are YOU giving out all your personal info on a public forum?
Don't you believe in privacy at all?
You may as well just post your full name and fong size, madam.
Smfh
See, I look young for my age :)

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#65269 Sep 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this rational, heart-felt, considerate response.

I would say Do The Right Thing is a window into "New York AA Life", not AA life in general. You see, despite media portrayals, there is no single "lens" that lets you sum up what american negritude is in one simple frame.

Do The Right Thing is just one piece of the mosaic that is Black America.

There are many blacks who do not empathize with that film at all, yet they are still proud black folks, living a black life.

Location hidden

#65270 Sep 29, 2013
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
They really need to get another Olympiad back in England soon.
We can't afford it sweetheart, our country is almost bankrupt. But thanks for the kind words.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

Since: Jul 11

achieve perfection

#65274 Sep 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
Neely Fuller Jr has really opened my eyes to the SYSTEM of White Supremacy.
In the video, the white girls, is appropriating an AA Female role. Yet the white girl gets the Black man and at 1.45 the black girls are dancing around her, with their own kinky hair covered by straight Blonde wigs. So the white girl replaces the AAW as the sexual/romantic counterpart of the AAM. And on top of that AAW are seen dancing around her in subserviantly, wearing white girl's hair.
The message that AAW are lower and expendable, easily replaced is very clear in the video. Messages being sent AA girls and boys.
Babe, I'm not interested in this "Neely fuller JR" stuff at the moment.

Location hidden

#65275 Sep 29, 2013
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for this rational, heart-felt, considerate response.
I would say Do The Right Thing is a window into "New York AA Life", not AA life in general. You see, despite media portrayals, there is no single "lens" that lets you sum up what american negritude is in one simple frame.
Do The Right Thing is just one piece of the mosaic that is Black America.
There are many blacks who do not empathize with that film at all, yet they are still proud black folks, living a black life.
Yes... The Colour Purple, Beloved, Eve's Bayou... all different but all part of the mosaic.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#65276 Sep 29, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
<quoted text>
See, I look young for my age :)
You look excellent for you are ... if the pics weren't older than you let on. You and APV both..

She's in her 30's though. I find that kind of hard to believe. Unless it's late 30's.

She's cute though right? Too bad she has a history of IR.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#65277 Sep 29, 2013
APV wrote:
I get that from younguns all the time.
You'll grow out of it...
Lol, If you're in your 30's then the closest distant we could possible be apart in terms of age is 8 years maybe :)

No youngun here. And not to mention I've experienced more in life than you have, plus I'm male and you're female.

“Helping you ”

Level 8

achieve perfection

#65278 Sep 29, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. Haven't seen that one yet, but I'll have to check it out, Wayne.
Lol Harrison people already think you're a white woman trolling pretending to be a black male, this isn't going to help your cause at all.

You are the first "black person" especially Black man I have ever heard of that hasn't seen this movie.

It was almost disturbing reading you post this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Kellyanne Conway 7 min JRT 16
News Trump: African-American history museum is 'fant... 12 min Lawrence Wolf 62
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Injudgement 1,496,892
Everyone hates black men (May '12) 14 min A Perm For BM 104
DARKYS! the WHITE RACE IS THE MASTER RACE! (May '16) 18 min JoeM 6
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 1 hr Pharaohisrealite 34,440
Black women are jealous that white women can gr... (Jul '14) 1 hr sandi27 21
What Exactly Is a "Good" Black Man? 1 hr AAM2000 37
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 1 hr Drilling for the ... 971
Difficulties Blacks in America Are Facing 2 hr Paul 15
Would Beyonce have sex with Trump? 3 hr Lori899 44
More from around the web