Milly

Bronx, NY

#62161 Sep 1, 2013
MsNewNew wrote:
<quoted text>You think so? I visited their visitor's web site and so far it look okay. I need to check out the shopping in the area.:) Their both 12hours away which I don't like. I would like to fly but we do too MUCH shopping to pay for the extra baggage fee on the plane.
hey MsNewNew :) my family vacations in MB often. Its great!!!! However I really do like VB too. I guess it depend on what you want to do while youre there.

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#62162 Sep 1, 2013
Milly wrote:
<quoted text>me too! I noticed that black people in general like sweet potatoes over pumpkin. You come over my house for the holidays and you wont find a pumpkin pie in sight. But three people will have made one for dessert.
Like watermelon seeds, slaves brought yams over on the slaver ships. It's been passed down. That's most likely the reason.
Milly

New Brunswick, NJ

#62163 Sep 1, 2013
Some posters don't even realize that they are a trolls.
Milly

New Brunswick, NJ

#62164 Sep 1, 2013
Online Harassment:

Harassment is not an isolated event. It is not a solitary outburst. Harassment is a pattern of ongoing behavior directed at a specific target. The legal definition of harassment, according to Black's Law Dictionary, is:

A course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose" or "Words, gestures, and actions which tend to annoy, alarm and abuse (verbally) another person."
Milly

New Brunswick, NJ

#62166 Sep 1, 2013
High-end Harassment may include:

Publicly posting private and personal information about a user (pictures, address, phone number, name).
Impersonating (or attempting to impersonate) a member.
Knowingly spreading false rumors about another community member.
Publicly revealing a sexual liason with a member without their consent.
Publishing private correspondence.
Spamming a member's private mailbox.
Sending viruses or trojan horses to a member's private mailbox.
Signing the targeted member up for subscription or free services.
Unprovoked personal attack or sexual overture.
Public or private disclosures of affection that are innappropriate to the circumstance.
Attempting to solicit information about a target from other members.
Repeated interactions with a member after they have firmly requested that you stop.
Public attempts to turn other members against the target.
Explicit or implied threats of harm to the target or their loved ones.

It should be noted that high-end harassment may be considered the equivalent of cyber-harassment or cyber-stalking in your jurisdiction.
Milly

New Brunswick, NJ

#62167 Sep 1, 2013
What is a troll?

The traditional definition of a troll refers to a member of a community or usenet group who makes posts deliberately designed to attract responses of outrage or indignation. It is the troll's intent to "hook" unsuspecting members into responding,(hence the term "trolling"), thus providing him/her self with the satisfaction of knowing they have impact on others.

A distinction must be made between true trolls, newbies who are undergoing growing pains as they attempt to adjust to community standards, and regular community members who simply have strong but otherwise harmless, dissenting opinions. Trolls should be removed, newcomers assisted, and contributing community members given at least a modicum of respectful distance.
Milly

New Brunswick, NJ

#62168 Sep 1, 2013
Communities Online: Trolling and Harassment

Types of Trolls

Before we begin, it's worth noting that the term "troll" is one of the most frequently cited insults in the online environment. It is often used to brand, silence or scapegoat a member with a dissenting or unpopular opinion. The purpose of this article is to assist those in online communities in determining what a true troll is and what actions can be taken to prevent their creation, welcome, and ability to inflict any harm.

In our experience with online communities, there are four types of trolls...
1) Mischievous: Such trolls have a humorous intent. Often, they are a "regular" who has temporarily adopted a new identity in order to play a good-natured prank. They are not abusive to members and rarely create trouble within a community. Generally there is no harm in responding to them. Some members may find mischievous trolls to be annoying, particularly if their presence leads to lengthy threads that distract the community from its true intent; other members inevitably find that the troll's humor and light-hearted antics provide the community with an opportunity to laugh together, thereby enhancing and strengthening community bonds.

2) Mindless: Mindless trolls have a tendency to post lengthy stories of questionable belief thus promoting good facial tone in members due to excessive eye-rolling. They are generally harmless. On rare occasion, the ficticious posts of a mindless troll may lead to insightful debate and discussion. Aside from encouraging them, there is generally no harm in responding.

3) Malicious: A malicious troll arrives with the intent of being blatantly abusive to the group and/or specific individuals within the group. One of their characteristics is that within a very short time of gaining access they begin targeting and harassing members using both low-end and high-end tactics. In some cases, the troll has a prior history with the group or someone within the group. In other scenarios, the troll is simply looking for a fresh meat market.

4.) Destructive: Around 1999 a new form of troll began to appear on the net in mail groups and online communities. The primary purpose of this type of troll is to completely destroy the group it has infiltrated. Destructive trolls may work on their own, or possibly in teams or gangs.
Trolls have two ways of gaining access to a community: from the outside or from the inside. Outside trolls are newbies or visitors who are new to the community, or only sporadic visitors and guests. They are less likely to target specific members and will be content with "hooking" anyone. Inside trolls are comprised of mischevious, bored, disgruntled, angry, scapegoated or wounded regulars who may have turned to trolling as a result of actions that occurred within the community. They frequently have a bone to pick with a specific member or a select group of members.

Unmoderated or poorly moderated environments are not only more susceptible to malicious or damaging trolls, they are also more likely to create the conditions that invite them. This is because the members themselves have very little in the way of actual power. With few other options at their disposal they will often resort to intimidation tactics and personal attack with the hope of verbally overpowering the offender. If the offender is a true troll, this will only reinforce the troll's sense of purpose, inflames his/her ire, and let him or her know who the willing targets are. Informal community leaders, those who are empathic to others or those sensitive to the slights of injustice are more likely to step forward in cases of troll attack and thus, become their target.

Level 9

Since: Nov 10

#62169 Sep 1, 2013
Milly wrote:
<quoted text>hey MsNewNew :) my family vacations in MB often. Its great!!!! However I really do like VB too. I guess it depend on what you want to do while youre there.
I
Hey Mill!:)
I love MB too. It's a great vacation spot. We been putting off VB for the longest, so I decided next year is the year to finally check it out.
Sparkle

New Brunswick, NJ

#62170 Sep 1, 2013
My new name is Sparkle. but you can call me Sparx ;)
Cap Black

United States

#62172 Sep 1, 2013
"h0es call me diamond eye.why?i got a diamond in my eye
I got a btch named Suzianna
down here in Alabama
i taught her everything i know how to go and get the gold
and how to cook it on the stove"
Sparkle

New Brunswick, NJ

#62173 Sep 1, 2013
candayamz wrote:
<quoted text>
Milly is a cool gal.She has a sweet angelic voice too.Multi talented,she's one of the few females on here I don't mind talking to.
aww thanks Candy
Cap Black

United States

#62174 Sep 1, 2013
H*0es trollin setting out more bait,yet btching about trolling.Its what pro trolls do.lol.smh
Let it go.
Cap Black

United States

#62175 Sep 1, 2013
We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves."- Buddha

You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger. "-Buddha
Cap Black

United States

#62176 Sep 1, 2013
Let yourself be open and life will be easier. A spoon of salt in a glass of water makes the water undrinkable. A spoon of salt in a lake is almost unnoticed. Buddha

Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship. Buddha

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death, can erase our good deeds. Buddha

Let a man avoid evil deeds as a man who loves life avoids poison. Buddha

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#62180 Sep 1, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>Gay shit is worrying about what men say to other females by PM.You also frgot to add we all saw how those PMs where meant hurt the same btch you cakin.Just like your troll ass being used as a pawn by her but you so desparate you don't care.I ain't studdin the btch so you can have my crumbs.Aziyah had to disable her inbox for you harrassing her about men on this forum.Every female on here called you gay when you used to run behind me and ask her what does she see in me.That's A-1 fck boy status.Having a. Man never stops a slut from doing what's natural to her.You should know that,you prefer white h0es over black goddesses.You think their p**ssy stinks.we ain't forgot.
Brother nobody is worried about you. Had you not started crying over me and milly communicating we wouldn't even be exchanging insults now. We all saw the PM's you sent Canday. You're in the same leauge as KC and Grey December. I don't care how many excuses you make.

Nobody here thinks that 1inamil or any other female would be jealous over anything regarding Canday.

You're just another "Cowvan".

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#62181 Sep 1, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
This is like mental masturbation for AgentTits.Tongue wrestling with men over internet. He can't just chill or add productive threads/posts.You should study some kind of spiritual sciences/metaphysics to get some peace of mind.Your souls is obviously tormented.
Cap you're the most insecure man on topix. Your insecurities make you an easy target. We don't even have to aim to hit you because you're so insecure.

Accomplishment is the enemy of insecurity. As long as you remain an unaccomplished man, you will be an insecure man.

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#62182 Sep 1, 2013
1inamill wrote:
<quoted text>I can cook really well. Baking is a bit of a challenge for me lol. But I do bake from time to time. And yes, it is true people do tend to take kindness as a sign of weakness. WE both know better though right?:) Today is a good day, woke up hair salon, shopped, nails/toes did, now bout to just relax until its time to go out later...
Ahh the Alpha Goddess has spoken :) I had a feeling that you could cook very well seeing that you are so good at practically everything else. And Today has been a lovely day for myself too.. went to the movies and caught a flick... etc..

And you have your nails/toes/hair done.. that is nice .. There is nothing better than a woman that takes care of herself mentally, physically, and spiritually.

I read some old posts of yours and can tell that you are a spiritual woman. Do you feel that you have become your "higher self"?

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#62183 Sep 1, 2013
Milly wrote:
Pleaseeeee dont let it rain :(
My hair go POOF
You know.. I have nice long hair.. and the rain doesn't affect it.:) It's rather odd.

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#62184 Sep 1, 2013
candayamz wrote:
<quoted text>
Cap behave,you need to interact with people that are positive,don't associate yourself with negativity.Don't go looking for trouble :)
Thank you. Please keep your man calm as the constant back and forth chips away at his masculinity. With every posts he makes, the more he starts to sound like Vamp.

“The Sun was high...”

Level 5

and so was I

#62185 Sep 1, 2013
candayamz wrote:
I've never really care for pumpkin,it taste bitter.I prefer sweet potatoe.
I'm helping my mom cook dinner,make cowvan gets a meal when he gets home.I found a few cajun/creole books that I can get some good recipes out of.
That's how I accidentally tried pumpkin pie for the first time.. I thought it was a sweet potatoe pie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 1 min Ben YISRAEL 115,567
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Patrick n Angela 1,217,474
News In Detroit Hospital, Black Babies Are Latching On 6 min KIP 25
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 7 min Don Barros Serrano 32,540
The other "Jefferson" is UruQuáQuá, it's not me 7 min Jefferson 6
"Monkeys Monkeys" thread (#24) 10 min ugly monkeys 21
How did white women steal the black man 13 min Stolen 11
Are white women attracted to black men? (Aug '06) 24 min KIP 123,717
SHAMEFUL examples of how WM treat their women 1 hr vudoo 34
Latino Men are Sexier than black men. (Jan '13) 3 hr MaryJCause 766
More from around the web