“"Class, the #1 Motivator"”

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#22 Jul 16, 2013
This is a video of how the other side has always dealt with the reality of life, seeing it only their way....which now takes us to Washington regarding the James Bird, which is my family's last name on my grandmother's side....so here we have the James Bird-Matthew Sheppard hate crime bill....which is going to possibly take Zimmerman to trial with the federal courts...the sh8t has started in the streets...here we go.....its not good from this end..

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/rachel-maddow-show...

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#23 Jul 16, 2013
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing Harrison...man where do you live that will allow you to pay $1000.00 for an attorney on a trumped charge of curfew violation, and driving without a license. The driving without a license is because I was 16-17 and did not have a permit to drive after 12am which I really did not not need. Try to find an attorney for $1000.00. It may cost judges kids that amount, or a Caucasian lady...but for us its not less than $1500.00-$3000.00. More like $1750.00.
First of all, I said "You might've had to pony up $1,000 or more for the high-powered counsel." I put down "or more" to cover whatever the case might be.

Second, I was not talking about an attorney representing you for a "curfew violation" or a "permit" violation. I was talking about having a generalized meeting with the Chief of Police to discuss ongoing issues of police harassment based on race or color. In the legal system, the slang term for that is called "Driving while Black." Many drivers have had problems with that in different parts of the country. I'll bet that you did not even contact the NAACP or any other civil rights organizations to tell them about the issues you were having, did you?

Please understand, I'm not mad at you. I just think there might have been a better way to approach the problem, and one that would've achieved better results in the end. This discussion thread may be helpful to others who are reading it.

Level 8

Location hidden

#25 Jul 16, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I said "You might've had to pony up $1,000 or more for the high-powered counsel." I put down "or more" to cover whatever the case might be.
Second, I was not talking about an attorney representing you for a "curfew violation" or a "permit" violation. I was talking about having a generalized meeting with the Chief of Police to discuss ongoing issues of police harassment based on race or color. In the legal system, the slang term for that is called "Driving while Black." Many drivers have had problems with that in different parts of the country. I'll bet that you did not even contact the NAACP or any other civil rights organizations to tell them about the issues you were having, did you?
Please understand, I'm not mad at you. I just think there might have been a better way to approach the problem, and one that would've achieved better results in the end. This discussion thread may be helpful to others who are reading it.
Hahahaha.....Mr Harrison...for what reason could I be mad at you? This was a while ago....at times when the police chief was a racist. There was a cop in our town...we all nicknamed "Machine Gun Kelly" because everyone he ever chased...he shot. In my hometown...there were many riots, I was going to one high school and they had a riot. I left there to go to another high school...and within a month they had a riot. I was in my last year of high school. I left that school and went to another school where I eventually finished my high school degree. In my town, African Americans knew the town was racist and the way we ignored them was to live like it didn't matter to us what they did. I was always represented in court. If you totally read my post, one of my representatives was in very close touch with not only the police chief, but the mayor. I know you mean well and is just throwing out alternatives. Like I was saying before, I was the kid that caught problems because I dressed, drove, and acted like I knew they wouldn't like me and I didn't care as I knew there were people looking out for me.
"Machine Gun Kelly" was eventually involved with shooting a African American teen who had broke in a house and was retreating when the police arrived and "Machine Gun Kelly" shot hom and put him back in the basement of the house. "Machine Gun Kelly" was involved in many shootings of African Americans in the back, killing at least 6 altogether. He was finally taken off the force, you know where he ended up with a desk job? Taking the complaints of such shootings at the Internal Affairs Office. The town was designed to raise up Caucasians, and hold down African Americans. To this day, there is not even an African American nightclub that can exist in that town. They have no entertainment. You know what they do have? Crack...and liquor..and they had the hardest hit job loss in all 50 states. There was no depravity on my lifestyle...i was covered. You just could not escape the racism was my point. Talk to the police chief? Hahahaha....you might as well give him a photo of you and tell him where he can find you as your inquisition...would get turned into interrogation. You must learn in these Unites States...there are still places that hone in on you when you are doing good and bothering no one or taking anything from anyone. Ever been on the freeway leaning...in a brand new Continental that would set a officer's salary back $45,000.00 in the early 2000's. How about being seen in Roll's Royce's with gangster tires and dressed to the tee with the hats and suits while you drive by the police. Ever get pulled over by the police and they search you for a robbery...knowing you are not dressed for a robbery and that you didn't commit the robbery...and all they can see is a stack of bills that could probably choke them to death? Thats when they begin to hate you and keep your face and name in their minds. Its hate Harrison..plain and simple.

Level 8

Location hidden

#26 Jul 16, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
Second, I was not talking about an attorney representing you for a "curfew violation" or a "permit" violation.
Hahahaha.....Mr Harrison...for what reason could I be mad at you? This was a while ago....at times when the police chief was a racist. There was a cop in our town...we all nicknamed "Machine Gun Kelly" because everyone he ever chased...he shot. In my hometown...there were many riots, I was going to one high school and they had a riot. I left there to go to another high school...and within a month they had a riot. I was in my last year of high school. I left that school and went to another school where I eventually finished my high school degree. In my town, African Americans knew the town was racist and the way we ignored them was to live like it didn't matter to us what they did. I was always represented in court. If you totally read my post, one of my representatives was in very close touch with not only the police chief, but the mayor. I know you mean well and is just throwing out alternatives. Like I was saying before, I was the kid that caught problems because I dressed, drove, and acted like I knew they wouldn't like me and I didn't care as I knew there were people looking out for me.
"Machine Gun Kelly" was eventually involved with shooting a African American teen who had broke in a house and was retreating when the police arrived and "Machine Gun Kelly" shot hom and put him back in the basement of the house. "Machine Gun Kelly" was involved in many shootings of African Americans in the back, killing at least 6 altogether. He was finally taken off the force, you know where he ended up with a desk job? Taking the complaints of such shootings at the Internal Affairs Office. The town was designed to raise up Caucasians, and hold down African Americans. To this day, there is not even an African American nightclub that can exist in that town. They have no entertainment. You know what they do have? Crack...and liquor..and they had the hardest hit job loss in all 50 states. There was no depravity on my lifestyle...i was covered. You just could not escape the racism was my point. Talk to the police chief? Hahahaha....you might as well give him a photo of you and tell him where he can find you as your inquisition...would get turned into interrogation. You must learn in these Unites States...there are still places that hone in on you when you are doing good and bothering no one or taking anything from anyone. Ever been on the freeway leaning...in a brand new Continental that would set a officer's salary back $45,000.00 in the early 2000's. How about being seen in Roll's Royce's with gangster tires and dressed to the tee with the hats and suits while you drive by the police. Ever get pulled over by the police and they search you for a robbery...knowing you are not dressed for a robbery and that you didn't commit the robbery...and all they can see is a stack of bills that could probably choke them to death? Thats when they begin to hate you and keep your face and name in their minds. Its hate Harrison..plain and simple. Like you see on T.V., harassment such as Trayvon and the wanna be cop. Minding your own business. You're a target here Harrison unless you are connected to the right people. Do something wrong...or be someplace where somebody else did and you are anywhere near the vicinity...you could be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Depending where you are Harrison, this has been African American life...in the U.S. Anybody tell you anything different...trust me when I tell you they are probably a coward and very good at running and hiding.

Level 8

Location hidden

#27 Jul 16, 2013
Thought I would add this article.....

Mr. Harrison...whats your take on this article? What do you think this lady could have done? Don't forget...Ethiopians, Somalians....anything that is dark...will suffer the wrath of racism just being in the wrong place at the wrong time...and that will fall under African American crime. Here's the article...

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/zimmerman-v...

So where is her "Stand Your Ground Defense"? Why is she in jail? She hasn't even killed anybody? Who should she talk to?

Level 8

Location hidden

#28 Jul 16, 2013
My apologies for the double post.

Level 8

Location hidden

#29 Jul 16, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Mr. Harrison..in this economy attorney fees are more for you than it is for Caucasians if you will find an attorney who wants to represent you. A retainer for you in this economy even on a misdemeanor...starts at $2,000.00 and before a month is up...they will want at least $2,000.00 lying like hell to you to run out the retainer.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#30 Jul 16, 2013
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
This article depicts the mindsets of African Americans everywhere. I hear they are shooting in Chicago...and other places. YES....but they have a target....ITS MONEY! AND SOMEONE WHO THEY KNOW IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF IT! they aren't randomly killing anybody, this is the aftermath of the sh*t Caucasians have done to this country with their greed, controlling ways, and deceptive interests.
http://newsone.com/2632823/douglas-reddish-go...
No surprise here that everything(including thug killings) is blamed on whitey.

No wonder the whole world will never give negroes respect.

Level 8

Pacific Northwest

#31 Jul 16, 2013
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
<quoted text>...You just could not escape the racism was my point. Talk to the police chief? Hahahaha....you might as well give him a photo of you and tell him where he can find you as your inquisition...would get turned into interrogation. You must learn in these Unites States...there are still places that hone in on you when you are doing good and bothering no one or taking anything from anyone.

Ever been on the freeway leaning...in a brand new Continental that would set a officer's salary back $45,000.00 in the early 2000's. How about being seen in Roll's Royce's with gangster tires and dressed to the tee with the hats and suits while you drive by the police. Ever get pulled over by the police and they search you for a robbery...knowing you are not dressed for a robbery and that you didn't commit the robbery...and all they can see is a stack of bills that could probably choke them to death?

Thats when they begin to hate you and keep your face and name in their minds. Its hate Harrison..plain and simple.
I understand it's hate.

I understand the police chief is racist.

I understand that being a black man who is a "high roller" - which I never have been and will never ACT LIKE even if I do reach that point - is suspicious and/or offensive to many police officers.

None of that is news. But my point to you is that there are intelligent ways of taking down people like that...and putting them in their place. Many African-Americans are not aware that successful multi-million dollar judgments are filed against corrupt and racist police departments; I'm guessing that you weren't aware of that when you were a teenager.

And for the African-Americans who ARE aware that corrupt and racist police departments can be successfully sued, they probably don't know who to turn to. They probably don't know how to rate a lawyer's competence and effectiveness (which is NOT by how flashy of a Benz or Rolls-Royce he drives)... and don't know that a federal civil rights investigation can be launched so that the local good-ole-boys in the county are completely bypassed... and don't know that contacting the NAACP may result in far more legal assistance or advice, etc.

I'm willing to bet that at age 17 or 18 you didn't know ANY of that. There are African-Americans at age 35 or 37 who don't know any of it either. That's why they say that knowledge is power.

Racism can be defeated, but it takes a lot of hard work and energy. And brains.

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#32 Jul 16, 2013
Kip wrote:
We all want justice, but do all of us want to see it administered fairly?
Trayvon Martin's mother grieves for her son who is dead, but there are grieving mothers all over America who get absolutely NO attention for their children who have been murdered. The people chanting and cheering in Zimmerman's corner are fine until THEY are stopped and have THEIR presence questioned by a stranger or police. These will be the very first people to scream about their rights being violated and how Eric Holder is oppressing them, but when the Civil Rights of someone black get violated they cheer.
We've become a nation of selfish, whining, and arrogant people. ALL of us. Everybody is looking out for number one without an ounce of concern for their fellow man. People texting while driving and not showing any concern for pedestrians, other drivers, or anyone else. It's pathetic.
This is what we get when we cannot look out for the justice and well-being of EVERYONE. Somebody is going to get left out and it's not going to be good. We all have to pay a price. Like any tax, the price is an injustice, but it still has to be paid.
More of us need to do better.
Sometimes Kip, you make a whole lot of sense.

Level 8

Pacific Northwest

#33 Jul 16, 2013
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
Thought I would add this article.....
Mr. Harrison...whats your take on this article? What do you think this lady could have done? Don't forget...Ethiopians, Somalians....anything that is dark...will suffer the wrath of racism just being in the wrong place at the wrong time...and that will fall under African American crime. Here's the article...
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/zimmerman-v...
So where is her "Stand Your Ground Defense"? Why is she in jail? She hasn't even killed anybody? Who should she talk to?
She should talk to President Obama and ask for a pardon. There is no good reason for her to be in jail! And if a million African-Americans sign that petition for her to be pardoned, that joker in the White House better listen.

But here is the catch: Her family will have to LEAD the drive for that petition. Mom, Dad, Brothers and everybody else will have to get their butts up off the couch, turn off the TV, stop posting bullsh*t on Topix... and actually WORK to HELP HER OUT.

LOL! They can do it if they want to. And if they are too lazy or stupid to get it together, then nobody else will care that much. That is the cold hard truth about our society.

If we act like we don't care, nobody else will care.

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#34 Jul 16, 2013
Our justice system is FLAWED! Not just racially, but financially! People of means can get off because they can afford the best legal defense money can buy. The poor or middle-class, not so much. The same with health care. It shouldn't be that way, but with a nation built on greed and money being God, what else can we expect?

You can get justice if you can afford it! lol.

Level 5

Location hidden

#35 Jul 16, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
She should talk to President Obama and ask for a pardon. There is no good reason for her to be in jail! And if a million African-Americans sign that petition for her to be pardoned, that joker in the White House better listen.
But here is the catch: Her family will have to LEAD the drive for that petition. Mom, Dad, Brothers and everybody else will have to get their butts up off the couch, turn off the TV, stop posting bullsh*t on Topix... and actually WORK to HELP HER OUT.
LOL! They can do it if they want to. And if they are too lazy or stupid to get it together, then nobody else will care that much. That is the cold hard truth about our society.
If we act like we don't care, nobody else will care.
She's not the only one being treated unfairly and going unnoticed. There was a black man in another southern state where citizens are encouraged to carry weapons. His son was accosted by their home builder who had a reputation of being unstable, violent and aggressive. He also had a criminal record. In any event, the bm's son called his father and told him the man was at their home threatening him. The father left work and called the police in route to his home and informed them of what was happening. Once there, the father encountered the man, still on his property, and asked him to leave. The white man went to his car and came out with a knife. The father went to his car and pulled out his gun and pointed at the man and again, asked him to leave. The father shot off a warning shot but the man still charged him with his knife and the father shot him.

Neighbors (whites) testified in the bm's defense as they had had similar problems with this developer and run-ins with him and his temper to no avail. The bm was arrested and charged with murder. Subsequent appeals were denied and in the interim, he lost his business, his wife died of cancer and his mother. After a lawyer took the case pro-bono, and appealed, he was allowed to plead no contest and released.

Now there's American Justice at work for you and something that should have never happened, especially in a town that encouraged their residents to arm and protect themselves and their property. However, it only applied to whites, it would seem and as usual, the rules change when it's a bm or minority.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#36 Jul 16, 2013
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
I personally had problems with the justice system as a young kid, many times out of racial profiling. I cannot imagine how many times I was pulled over at the ages between 16-19 years old, because I was driving my own luxury car that most police officers could not afford, so their jealousy pulled me over to see if the car was stolen. Often times asking me where do I work, that my car was expensive and how did I get it? I got pulled over so many times as a matter of fact, that a friend of my family who used to work as a Director for Children Services in the county I lived took the problems to court to request the court issue me a letter to show officers if pulled over after I got off work. I usually got off work about 1:30am working for a hospital. After a while I was pulled over again, an officer took the letter and tore it up and I was back at juvenile court again. Once I told the judge the officer tore the letter up, the officer was there and testified that he never saw the letter. Now I was supposed to look like a liar. The manipulation of some whites in an effort to control this world, have been the descendants of the "bad angel" that was cast out of heaven....are angry and deceptive by nature. They have to practice being good to be decent people. On the other hand, while African Americans/Blacks have similar features, we are not descendants of that same angel as we are again supposed to be programmed to believe. We were here before that angel was cast down. We were a peaceful group until all the sins and devilish acts were presented to us to see and sometimes try, as we wanted to compete in things that gave us opportunities get things we wanted. The result is the mess we experience today. Having said this, YES....i feel or justice system can and will fail some African Americans....and some Caucasians and other races as well because it is not a fine science and is full of "devilish corruption". What do you think?
It's not perfect but in my opinion it's better than Sharia Law.

Level 5

Location hidden

#37 Jul 16, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not perfect but in my opinion it's better than Sharia Law.
That is no excuse not to make things better. In fact, it's a lame response as our so-called Justice System is not based on "religion" but laws and statues. We have the freedom of religion in this nation, so bringing up Sharia laws is a mute point and in no way applies to the discussion of this thread.

Level 8

Pacific Northwest

#38 Jul 16, 2013
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>....Now there's American Justice at work for you and something that should have never happened, especially in a town that encouraged their residents to arm and protect themselves and their property. However, it only applied to whites, it would seem and as usual, the rules change when it's a bm or minority.
Assuming everything you said is true, I can almost guarantee that in some way that Black man had shitty legal counsel.

Either he was trying to defend himself in the courtroom (always a stupid move) or he was relying on a public defender (sometimes good, but often extremely overworked and/or incompetent) OR he went and mistakenly hired an attorney who just wasn't very good at his job.

The fact that an appeal had to done pro bono suggests that finances were a problem for the defendant... and just as you suggested in a previous post, the legal system is rigged in favor of those who have CASH. If you can't pony up the money for a first class legal defense (or have the money but just don't WANT to spend it on that), your freedom and/or property is at serious risk.

That's something for a lot of us African-Americans to think seriously about because we tend to spend $$$ so frivolously - myself included.

Imagine having just finished paying off a 7-year car note that cost you (including interest)$35,000. And then the day after you pay it off, your oldest child gets in a fight with some stupid, violent KKK-type and kills him in legitimate self-defense... but is arrested for murder.

And there you are with a NICE, stylin' all-paid-for 2006 car with all the options but only $2300 in your savings account. And you need at least $18,000 in lawyer fees to save your only son from going to Da Big House. Man...what a HORRIBLE situation to be in!!!

“Jesus loves you all!”

Location hidden

#39 Jul 16, 2013
Sunobia wrote:
<quoted text>That is no excuse not to make things better. In fact, it's a lame response as our so-called Justice System is not based on "religion" but laws and statues. We have the freedom of religion in this nation, so bringing up Sharia laws is a mute point and in no way applies to the discussion of this thread.
I disagree considering our law pulls from Judaic Christian principles. Now if you're feeling so passionate about our justice system being unjust then do something about it.

“Jesus loves you all!”

Location hidden

#40 Jul 16, 2013
Sunobia wrote:
Our justice system is FLAWED! Not just racially, but financially! People of means can get off because they can afford the best legal defense money can buy. The poor or middle-class, not so much. The same with health care. It shouldn't be that way, but with a nation built on greed and money being God, what else can we expect?

You can get justice if you can afford it! lol.
Only God's law is perfect.

Level 8

Pacific Northwest

#41 Jul 16, 2013
Phoenix Ascended wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree considering our law pulls from Judaic Christian principles. Now if you're feeling so passionate about our justice system being unjust then do something about it.
Sunobia was right: Your response was lame. I'll go one further and say it was stupid.

We're not here to discuss how the justice system fails African-American Muslims or Americans who are recent immigrants from Sudan. In that sense, your off-handed comment about "Sharia" law was a complete non-sequitur.

If you don't have a meaningful contribution to make to the discussion, why not just stay out of it??

Level 8

Location hidden

#42 Jul 16, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand it's hate.
I understand the police chief is racist.
I understand that being a black man who is a "high roller" - which I never have been and will never ACT LIKE even if I do reach that point - is suspicious and/or offensive to many police officers.
None of that is news. But my point to you is that there are intelligent ways of taking down people like that...and putting them in their place. Many African-Americans are not aware that successful multi-million dollar judgments are filed against corrupt and racist police departments; I'm guessing that you weren't aware of that when you were a teenager.
And for the African-Americans who ARE aware that corrupt and racist police departments can be successfully sued, they probably don't know who to turn to. They probably don't know how to rate a lawyer's competence and effectiveness (which is NOT by how flashy of a Benz or Rolls-Royce he drives)... and don't know that a federal civil rights investigation can be launched so that the local good-ole-boys in the county are completely bypassed... and don't know that contacting the NAACP may result in far more legal assistance or advice, etc.
I'm willing to bet that at age 17 or 18 you didn't know ANY of that. There are African-Americans at age 35 or 37 who don't know any of it either. That's why they say that knowledge is power.
Racism can be defeated, but it takes a lot of hard work and energy. And brains.
Mr. Harrison...there is nothing that you said that I didn't know or have people tell me when I needed help. In the days of looking nice went back to the mid 70's. Nobody does that now. Nothing new there either. Have you ever used the N.A.A.C.P. for anything? Do that first and then get back to me. Yes, I have contacted them many times. You might want to know they have budget constraints and at times will only help in situations where media attention is prevalent. There's a lot you don't know that I can tell by your posts...and there is a lot you assume. I'm alright Mr. Harrison....I can cover me. I have lived in the U.S. all my life. If African Americans here could use the menial resources you talk about...they would not be gearing up for a fight...regarding Trayvon. Their fights give credence to opportunities for other cultures to explore and live in the U.S., just like the protests of cultures all around the world. With your ideas...you would have been gone in my hometowm. Its almost laughable to think you misunderstood some of what I said, and I had to acknowledge...I live here...born here...you came here afterwards. If I was you...I'd hook up with people from all walks of life to cover my back when times get hard or rough. Those are the friends you need in the U.S. I don't do clown Mr. Harrison...I'm a serious businessman and was groomed as a kid to be one. I'm a stand up gentleman...a man like any other. Keep you some bail money Mr. Hairston...you never know when you might need it. You can't call the NAACP from jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson Grand Jury and History 3 min TWR 54
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min RealDave 1,127,033
Chinese worship ultimate supreme black gods in ... 8 min African unity 1
Mr. Brown 14 min selina london 70
The Real Reason Black Americans are more Attrac... (Sep '11) 16 min Savant 17,903
Proof East Indian Women Don't Want BM 17 min Capree 57
Chinese worship ultimate supreme black gods in ... 19 min African unity 1
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 2 hr African AE 7,655
Many HISPANICS think they're WHITE 2 hr Redefined 69
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 4 hr buttheads 316

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE