What is your feelings about the justice system failing African Americans?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

“"Class, the #1 Motivator"”

Level 8

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#1 Jul 15, 2013
I personally had problems with the justice system as a young kid, many times out of racial profiling. I cannot imagine how many times I was pulled over at the ages between 16-19 years old, because I was driving my own luxury car that most police officers could not afford, so their jealousy pulled me over to see if the car was stolen. Often times asking me where do I work, that my car was expensive and how did I get it? I got pulled over so many times as a matter of fact, that a friend of my family who used to work as a Director for Children Services in the county I lived took the problems to court to request the court issue me a letter to show officers if pulled over after I got off work. I usually got off work about 1:30am working for a hospital. After a while I was pulled over again, an officer took the letter and tore it up and I was back at juvenile court again. Once I told the judge the officer tore the letter up, the officer was there and testified that he never saw the letter. Now I was supposed to look like a liar. The manipulation of some whites in an effort to control this world, have been the descendants of the "bad angel" that was cast out of heaven....are angry and deceptive by nature. They have to practice being good to be decent people. On the other hand, while African Americans/Blacks have similar features, we are not descendants of that same angel as we are again supposed to be programmed to believe. We were here before that angel was cast down. We were a peaceful group until all the sins and devilish acts were presented to us to see and sometimes try, as we wanted to compete in things that gave us opportunities get things we wanted. The result is the mess we experience today. Having said this, YES....i feel or justice system can and will fail some African Americans....and some Caucasians and other races as well because it is not a fine science and is full of "devilish corruption". What do you think?
Gary the Grammarian

Harrisburg, PA

#2 Jul 15, 2013
....are your feelings....
trayson

Voorhees, NJ

#3 Jul 15, 2013
um well my dad is kind of in jail.. but i don't know he might desevrve it and he'll be out soon anyway..
trayson

Voorhees, NJ

#4 Jul 15, 2013
but he didn't even go that much during his life so i don't know what happened maybe he just went for the healthcare or maybe i pissed him off so he went mad..

“I can see better with”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

my eyes closed

#5 Jul 15, 2013
our justice system,like the country is broke.The name should be changed to "independent states of america" because there is no unity.The south is a haven for racists and bigots"and justice for all" doesn't apply to all.

Level 8

Location hidden

#6 Jul 15, 2013
This article depicts the mindsets of African Americans everywhere. I hear they are shooting in Chicago...and other places. YES....but they have a target....ITS MONEY! AND SOMEONE WHO THEY KNOW IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF IT! they aren't randomly killing anybody, this is the aftermath of the sh*t Caucasians have done to this country with their greed, controlling ways, and deceptive interests. Well...here's another guy bringing his problems to a man that was minding his own business....with his girlfriend...and this man drives his azz over to this couple's table and starts his sh8t for no reason..and messes this this innocent man's livelihood. The man fled the scene and was later arrested....FOR ASSAULT! SO WHAT ABOUT THE RACIAL SLUR...INVASION OF PRIVACY? Fu*k that man, I would have knocked his azz out too. He picked the wrong time to be bothering people for no reason. Had a African American man stumbled over to that table, which we all know is very...very rare...and called that man racial slurs and got knocked out....the police would have taken the man knocked out...to jail. Let's keep in mind...we were here first and this is our country. What the?

http://newsone.com/2632823/douglas-reddish-go...

Level 8

Location hidden

#7 Jul 15, 2013
trayson wrote:
but he didn't even go that much during his life so i don't know what happened maybe he just went for the healthcare or maybe i pissed him off so he went mad..
Keep your punk drunk azz out of this thread.

Level 8

Location hidden

#8 Jul 15, 2013
I like this letter by Lance Gross to George Zimmerman....Our creator does not fail us.

http://ionenewsone.files.wordpress.com/2013/0...
Categorical Imperative

Harrisburg, PA

#9 Jul 15, 2013
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
This article depicts the mindsets of African Americans everywhere. I hear they are shooting in Chicago...and other places. YES....but they have a target....ITS MONEY! AND SOMEONE WHO THEY KNOW IS GETTING IN THE WAY OF IT! they aren't randomly killing anybody, this is the aftermath of the sh*t Caucasians have done to this country with their greed, controlling ways, and deceptive interests. Well...here's another guy bringing his problems to a man that was minding his own business....with his girlfriend...and this man drives his azz over to this couple's table and starts his sh8t for no reason..and messes this this innocent man's livelihood. The man fled the scene and was later arrested....FOR ASSAULT! SO WHAT ABOUT THE RACIAL SLUR...INVASION OF PRIVACY? Fu*k that man, I would have knocked his azz out too. He picked the wrong time to be bothering people for no reason. Had a African American man stumbled over to that table, which we all know is very...very rare...and called that man racial slurs and got knocked out....the police would have taken the man knocked out...to jail. Let's keep in mind...we were here first and this is our country. What the?
http://newsone.com/2632823/douglas-reddish-go...
So if a drunk disrespects us we should physically attack? Correct?

Kip

“Brian's alter ego”

Level 7

Since: Feb 07

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jul 15, 2013
We all want justice, but do all of us want to see it administered fairly?

Trayvon Martin's mother grieves for her son who is dead, but there are grieving mothers all over America who get absolutely NO attention for their children who have been murdered. The people chanting and cheering in Zimmerman's corner are fine until THEY are stopped and have THEIR presence questioned by a stranger or police. These will be the very first people to scream about their rights being violated and how Eric Holder is oppressing them, but when the Civil Rights of someone black get violated they cheer.

We've become a nation of selfish, whining, and arrogant people. ALL of us. Everybody is looking out for number one without an ounce of concern for their fellow man. People texting while driving and not showing any concern for pedestrians, other drivers, or anyone else. It's pathetic.

This is what we get when we cannot look out for the justice and well-being of EVERYONE. Somebody is going to get left out and it's not going to be good. We all have to pay a price. Like any tax, the price is an injustice, but it still has to be paid.

More of us need to do better.

Level 8

Since: May 08

Pacific Northwest

#11 Jul 15, 2013
Brngthtrth2u wrote:
I personally had problems with the justice system as a young kid, many times out of racial profiling. I cannot imagine how many times I was pulled over at the ages between 16-19 years old, because I was driving my own luxury car that most police officers could not afford, so their jealousy pulled me over to see if the car was stolen. Often times asking me where do I work, that my car was expensive and how did I get it? I got pulled over so many times as a matter of fact, that a friend of my family who used to work as a Director for Children Services in the county I lived took the problems to court to request the court issue me a letter to show officers if pulled over after I got off work...
That's a good example of the kind of sh*tty legal "services" that lower-income or unsophisticated African-Americans mistakenly think will help. Maybe you should have had a highly experienced civil-rights or tort attorney request a meeting with the Chief of Police and explain your personal situation and request that his patrol officers be advised of your status.

A good attorney would also be able to diplomatically inform the Chief of Police of what the legal consequences might be if the pattern of harassment continued.

Now...I'm not saying all that nice help would've been free. You might've had to pony up $1,000 or more for the high-powered counsel. But you can see how much the "free help" you did get was worth in the end....

And what that police officer thought of it.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#12 Jul 15, 2013
A January 2005 paper entitled Racial Disparity in Sentencing: A Review of the Literature by Tushar Kansal of The Sentencing Project, found:
–Young, black and Latino males (especially if unemployed) are subject to particularly harsh sentencing compared to other offender populations;
–Black and Latino defendants are disadvantaged compared to whites with regard to legal-process related factors such as the “trial penalty,” sentence reductions for substantial assistance, criminal history, pretrial detention, and type of attorney;
–Black defendants convicted of harming white victims suffer harsher penalties than blacks who commit crimes against other blacks or white defendants who harm whites;
–Black and Latino defendants tend to be sentenced more severely than comparably situated white defendants for less serious crimes, especially drug and property crimes.
Studies that examine death-penalty cases have generally found that:

–In the vast majority of cases, if the murder victim is white, the defendant is more likely to receive a death sentence;
–In a few jurisdictions, notably the federal system, minority defendants (especially blacks) are more likely to receive a death sentence.(p. 2, 3, Emphasis added.)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#13 Jul 15, 2013
so many studies done on the issue. a criminal is a criminal, one should not get a shorter sentence or no sentence because of skin color. white ppl claim they hate criminals but let their criminals off free to walk in society. they also claim its not the skin color its the behavior, but when whites display the same behavior they excuse it. i been sick of their shyt.
Roofis is Roflmao

Lakeland, FL

#14 Jul 15, 2013
Aziya Shines wrote:
i been sick of their shyt.
Waaaaaa Waaaaaa, you big baby. Now get a job. Das raht
The African American Man

Athens, GA

#15 Jul 15, 2013
I don’t think Zimmerman trial was that historically important to white people. Maybe certain segment of the white population such as the NRA but the vast majority of white people probably doesn’t even think about it and probably associate more with Trayvon family than Zimmerman. The NRA couldn’t give a chicken shit about Zimmerman but only reason their interested because of the gun law associated with this case and that is why he got the support that he did.

Level 8

Location hidden

#17 Jul 15, 2013
Categorical Imperative wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a drunk disrespects us we should physically attack? Correct?
Why is it that some posters do not get the jest of a plain situation I don't know? Its like someone wanting to add to a conversation so bad, they just come up with something to see if it fits...but tries it out on someone first to try and squeeze into a easy collaboration.

Okay...here we go...since you are wanting to address the post about the man who was drunk, first learn to understand....and REMEMBER the details of a situation in their entirety. The man who was drunk picked the couple because of their skin color. Since he was falling and unbalanced...the gentleman minding his own business with his girlfriend...tried to help the man get his composure by trying to hold him up so he would have some balance. Instead of thanking the man who was helping him for his help...the drunk began to disrespect the man and his help....and began to use racial slurs against the man trying to help.****Do you have it now...teen-age mutant deja vu turtle? Thats why he was attacked...why are you in this forum...why aren't you someplace learning something like how to stay out of grown folks business...ya lil' fuca! Did you think that "chewing gum psychology" was supposed to work on me?

Level 8

Location hidden

#18 Jul 15, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good example of the kind of sh*tty legal "services" that lower-income or unsophisticated African-Americans mistakenly think will help. Maybe you should have had a highly experienced civil-rights or tort attorney request a meeting with the Chief of Police and explain your personal situation and request that his patrol officers be advised of your status.
A good attorney would also be able to diplomatically inform the Chief of Police of what the legal consequences might be if the pattern of harassment continued.
Now...I'm not saying all that nice help would've been free. You might've had to pony up $1,000 or more for the high-powered counsel. But you can see how much the "free help" you did get was worth in the end....
While your points may have been thoughts of reason, they lacked reality in those times. I had an attorney...and if you paid attention I had a public official who was the highest ranking public servant for the situation. Even if I had a lawyer who was the best in the city...which I did get...Louis Dye...connected and the only attorney in my town who drove around in a Rolls-Royce. A new one every year. I was backed by the man who owned our town...very rich and very Caucasian. I was not the typical average African American then at the time. Did you get the point I was driving a car that was more expensive than the cars of some officers? My cousin....who helped me get the car...was connected to a group of the strongest Jewish family in the state as I remember. They were the Schottestein family...who owns, Value City Stores, Odd Lots, including other chain retail outlets across the United States, real estate and other investments. They are the family that bought up all the John Delorean vehicles went the production went under. Unless someone is riding in the car with you at all times, it made no difference who you had to back you up. I was always found not guilty...never paid any fines...and the officers WERE reprimanded and passed the word around who I was that caused more harassment. Its not the officers....its the policies behind their actions. If they are not good...neither is the officer. Even now...when I drive in Georgia...there is a "condition for contact" on my drivers license as I know it. in my hometown...there was a condition on my drivers license as well. The system is improving a little at a time.

Level 8

Location hidden

#19 Jul 15, 2013
REDNECK SNAPPER wrote:
<quoted text>
What you have described is racial intimidation and it is laid on young AA's to remind us of our place.
Your youthful mistake was failing to make several copies of the letter and keeping the original at home.
This racial intimidation happens to older, professional and welk seasoned AA's also ie Dr. William Gates. Gates was in his own home, showed his ID and should have been the end of story. Gates could have stripped down to his draws and mooned the cop once he had showed his ID. Naw, the cop wanted to make a statement and remind Gates that he was a "N" and arrested Gates.
Gates made a huge mistake. Once he showed his ID, he should have said "goodbye" period.
The justice system is not for AA's.
Here we go again. What made you think...or gave you the impression that I did not have more copies of the letter?Aren't you assuming wwwaaayyy too much here?

Level 8

Location hidden

#20 Jul 15, 2013
Harrisson wrote:
<quoted text>
One more thing Harrison...man where do you live that will allow you to pay $1000.00 for an attorney on a trumped charge of curfew violation, and driving without a license. The driving without a license is because I was 16-17 and did not have a permit to drive after 12am which I really did not not need. Try to find an attorney for $1000.00. It may cost judges kids that amount, or a Caucasian lady...but for us its not less than $1500.00-$3000.00. More like $1750.00.

Level 8

Location hidden

#21 Jul 16, 2013
I like reading stories like this...because whether some of us realize this or not....its not about race against race...its about the haves against the have nots. Way to go young gentlemen....you're good examples of what life is about.....

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/15/19...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min eghhed 1,129,494
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 13 min 7New Earth7 26,548
WE The People (Feb '13) 18 min ZCs 249
Should We Biracials Be Recognized As A Seperate... 27 min Insect Trust 33
Do BLACK people REALLY HATE each other, OR is i... 35 min ashleigh 19
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 36 min Harrisson 544
WHITE english woman only want BLACK MEN (Jul '12) 42 min ThatBlackGuy 472
Nothing will make people stop hating BLACK MEN ... 58 min AfricanKing1982 153
Video: 10 hrs of AA Men Harassing 1 Woman: Vide... 1 hr Anonymous34 323
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 1 hr Carly HI YAH 7,782

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE