Why are high cheek bones so desirable

Since: May 08

Stockholm

#42 Oct 26, 2008
stereo type breaker wrote:
Hmm, I never knew that were a high cheek bone phenamon! Features are features, differences is attractive too, that way no origanl culuture should never go extinct
I dont even know what high or low cheekbones are supposed to look like...

“Kia Ora! see my webpage”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

Knoxville, TN

#43 Oct 26, 2008
I have high cheekbone. This trait doesn’t only belong to Native American’s as some many think, I’ve seen some Africans with High cheekbones as
well.

“Nuclearrrrrrrr ”

Since: Aug 08

DENTON, TEXAS

#44 Oct 26, 2008
bre101 wrote:
People always say to me your high cheek bones are so beautiful I wish I had them. Does any one else hear this a lot?
yes i also hear this a lot. i love high cheek bones...they can be so beautiful!

“Nuclearrrrrrrr ”

DENTON, TEXAS

#45 Oct 26, 2008
EriWK wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont even know what high or low cheekbones are supposed to look like...
yeah neither did i until a couple months ago. people always told me i had them and i was like but i dont even know what they look like lol so i went and found out heheheheh.

high cheekbones:

http://www.visualpharm.com/wallpaper/angelina...

http://photos.killervirgo.com/prcanada-iman.j...

low cheekbones:

http://www.leatherheads-movie.com/images/rene...

http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/C...

Since: May 08

Stockholm

#46 Oct 26, 2008
Jorja wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah neither did i until a couple months ago. people always told me i had them and i was like but i dont even know what they look like lol so i went and found out heheheheh.
high cheekbones:
http://www.visualpharm.com/wallpaper/angelina...
http://photos.killervirgo.com/prcanada-iman.j...
low cheekbones:
http://www.leatherheads-movie.com/images/rene...
http://www.hollywood-celebrity-pictures.com/C...
So high cheekbones are closer to the eyes and low cheekbones are closer to the mouth?

“Optimism+Pessimi sm=Realism”

Since: Sep 08

Apex, NC

#47 Oct 26, 2008
Eva Estelle wrote:
I have high cheekbone. This trait doesn’t only belong to Native American’s as some many think, I’ve seen some Africans with High cheekbones as
well.
You are correct with many Africans having this trait as well as Native Americans, but overall, Africans tend to have beautiful bone structure, which includes high defined cheekbones.

“I shall not be moved!!!”

Since: Mar 08

Place where few are sober

#48 Oct 26, 2008
High cheekbones make a very nice facial structure.Its just very attractive, I dont know why.

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#49 Oct 26, 2008
Ask someone in the modeling industry...

“Nuclearrrrrrrr ”

DENTON, TEXAS

#50 Oct 26, 2008
EriWK wrote:
<quoted text>
So high cheekbones are closer to the eyes and low cheekbones are closer to the mouth?
im not too sure exactly myself but the way i see it is that high ones are very prominent particularlly around the lower eye area, whereas you cannot even see low ones. but i could be wrong...
Kevin

Lewiston, ME

#51 Nov 15, 2008
Bychance37 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do hear that about my cheekbones and dimples all the time. I think it's because it adds definition to the face. On women I think it's very femenine and pretty.
I agree with you! I L!O!V!E! HIGH CHEEKBONES on women! They're the SEXIEST most beautiful facial feature a woman can have! Women tend to have much higher, prominent, and thicker cheekbones than men! And heart-shaped faces on women who have high cheekbones are the most beautiful things in the world! My Korean girlfriend has beautiful high cheekbones and a heart-shaped face.
Jodie

Barry, UK

#52 Jan 1, 2009
i have high cheek bones,
there cool :D
its nice to have them hehe
Ana

Lakewood, OH

#53 Mar 21, 2009
Yes, I never noticed I had high cheek bones till' my friend goes ana, do u have high cheek bones lol? Im line nooo. Then in some pics, where I was smiling alot, I noticed them, and in once picture it was like BOOM! totally noticable. But their like two circles that just pop out, and sometimes it looks ok at times it like wth are those things! but yeah, I would want to have dimples instead, I LOVE THEM.
In Love

New Braunfels, TX

#54 Mar 21, 2009
I think Raquel Welch and Jessica Alba get it from their indigenous side of their families. Raquel is half Bolivian/White and Jessica Alba half Mexican/White. Raquel STILL looks GORGEOUS! I hate her! j/k I meant that in a good way. lol

“Optimism+Pessimi sm=Realism”

Since: Sep 08

United States

#55 Mar 21, 2009
In Love wrote:
I think Raquel Welch and Jessica Alba get it from their indigenous side of their families. Raquel is half Bolivian/White and Jessica Alba half Mexican/White. Raquel STILL looks GORGEOUS! I hate her! j/k I meant that in a good way. lol
I agree with you. And Raquel is still the goddess she was in her prime. She has mind-blowing beauty and cheekbones to 'die' for. If it is one gal I have a major girl crush on, it's her.

“burrrr”

Since: Feb 09

Jamaica Queens

#56 Apr 1, 2009
Missy C_Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear it now but when I was youger I hated having high cheek bones. I wanted a more round face. LOL I do not complain now though.
i agree when i was made fun of just for having a small face with high cheek bones i always wanted to have a round face but high cheek bones are best an im just glad to have them!
Gorgeous

Boston, MA

#57 Apr 3, 2009
High cheeck is a remarkable sign of beauty and so is the dimples i have them all.

YourMomsPole

“YourDadsHole”

Since: Apr 09

Caribbean

#58 Apr 3, 2009
No, I've always had poffy dimply cheeks since I was a little girl :B!!!
Male

Ayr, UK

#59 Apr 13, 2009
am i the only male out there who doesnt understand why girls want to have high cheekbones? you always hear girls talking about guys cheekbones but have you EVER heard a guy say "wow look at her cheekbones?" NO its becuase boys simply dont care about cheekbones!!!!!!!!!!
Safarigal

UAE

#60 May 3, 2009
Male wrote:
am i the only male out there who doesnt understand why girls want to have high cheekbones? you always hear girls talking about guys cheekbones but have you EVER heard a guy say "wow look at her cheekbones?" NO its becuase boys simply dont care about cheekbones!!!!!!!!!!
A guy told me once that he thought I was really pretty and when he was mentioning my eyes, my smile, he said my high cheekbones too, so some men appreciate it ;-)
Billy

Duluth, GA

#61 Jun 27, 2009
High cheekbones don't really mean that much to me.
Really dimples are a defect too and they look gross to me.
Anyway just because you do/don't have them doesn't mean you aren't pretty nor does it mean you are.

You can have high cheekbones and the rest of your face can still be far from attrastive case in point madonna.

It is also the way of life to idolize the things you do not have "The grass is always greener on the other side."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Grey Ghost 1,498,609
News Trump exchange with black journalist sparks out... 13 min Whoop there it is 117
did neanderthal males measure their tails? 1 hr wet dog 1
News Moonlight wins in unprecedented upset during a ... 1 hr Millennials 11
did neandnerthal gui have tails? 1 hr wet dog 1
Alpha or Beta Male Is Not Determined By Society 3 hr White and Nerdy 1
White Men Are Passive 3 hr White and Nerdy 3
This good ol' boy never meant no harm! 5 hr Drilling for the ... 1,344
Why is the media pushing interracial relationsh... (Sep '14) 5 hr Burt 633
is it in a cracker's DNA to smell like a wet dog? 5 hr bruh 33
White guys are better in bed - according to bla... 7 hr Krisha 99
There Are Not Even 1 Billion Whites On Earth 11 hr Knoxxie 46
More from around the web