First Prev
of 9
Next Last

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Since: May 08

Everywhere

#1 Feb 10, 2013
Celebrate Black on Black love on this thread.

Black men and Black women who are in a loving committed relationship with a Black partner (husband, wife, etc.) please feel free to celebrate that love on this thread.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#2 Feb 16, 2013
It is sad that no one has posted on this thread. I create a thread for people to celebrate and talk about Black on Black Love, and no one post on it.

However, if I had created a thread about Black men hating Black women or Black women hating Black men, this thread would probably have a million post on it.

Black people need to take some time to talk about some positive things from time to time. I'm not saying you should ignore the negative topics, but it would be nice to occasionally talk about some constructive, uplifting, positive aspects of Black life every now and then.
btchsmitty

United States

#4 Feb 16, 2013
solid sht in a pool of diareha = b on b love.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#7 Feb 16, 2013
Valerie Rae wrote:
I'll post here. There's nothing more beautiful than Black unity and getting to the mountaintop like MLK, Jr. spoke about. We still have a lot to work on in America regarding racial issues, but the fact that our Black president has been elected twice speaks volume.
I would be remiss if I didn't give my love to our Black men. Love you, love you, love you...all day and all night long. Black men are the kings of the world.
Thank you for contributing something positive to this thread with your comments. I hope that others will share their views here such as you have.

I've seen many examples of Black people respecting and loving one another, but you don't hear too much about that. Most people like to only focus on the negative issues that exist within some Black communities.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem talking about the problems and negative issues that exist in Black society, and I have done so on many occasions. However I think it is healthy and productive to also talk about the good and the positive that also exist in Black society.

For example I know many married Black couples who are in loving committed relationships and who's children are successful college graduates. These types of stories need to be told from time to time.

I've also seen young Black college students who are excelling in math, science, the arts, and other areas of study. These stories need to be told from time to time.
Vacationing Axe

Miami, FL

#8 Feb 16, 2013
Black + Black / Love = AIDS

Thank white jeebus.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#9 Feb 16, 2013
Valerie Rae wrote:
I'll post here. There's nothing more beautiful than Black unity and getting to the mountaintop like MLK, Jr. spoke about. We still have a lot to work on in America regarding racial issues, but the fact that our Black president has been elected twice speaks volume.
I would be remiss if I didn't give my love to our Black men. Love you, love you, love you...all day and all night long. Black men are the kings of the world.
When I created this thread I was primarily talking about Black men and Black women who are in loving committed relationships with Black partners (wife, husband). However, I'm glad that you mentioned Black unity because the concept of Black on Black love does extend beyond the romantic type love a man has for a woman or a woman has for a man.

“Proceed with caution”

Level 1

Since: Oct 11

Richmond TX

#10 Feb 16, 2013
Nice to see a positive thread for a change. Too bad it got buried beneath all the BS threads. Hubby and I have been together five years and counting. It's a beautiful & loving relationship.

Level 3

Since: Jan 13

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Feb 16, 2013
My husband and I were high school sweethearts. We met at the mall when we were 16 :). And in a couple of years will have been together for half of our lives! We've been married for 11 years and have two BEAUTIFUL black children. An 8 yr old son and 7 yr old. We are committed to showing them how beautiful and amazing Black Love truly is!

My parents just celebrated their 35th Wedding Anniversary and my husband's parents have been married for 38 years. So our children have plenty of examples of successful blacks marriages to be inspired by. Our 8 yr old son is already talking to us about what he wants his wife to be like. He's a little young for that, but at least his minds in the right place :) and It keeps him working really hard in school

“Proceed with caution”

Level 1

Richmond TX

#12 Feb 16, 2013
All1234 wrote:
My husband and I were high school sweethearts. We met at the mall when we were 16 :). And in a couple of years will have been together for half of our lives! We've been married for 11 years and have two BEAUTIFUL black children. An 8 yr old son and 7 yr old. We are committed to showing them how beautiful and amazing Black Love truly is!

My parents just celebrated their 35th Wedding Anniversary and my husband's parents have been married for 38 years. So our children have plenty of examples of successful blacks marriages to be inspired by. Our 8 yr old son is already talking to us about what he wants his wife to be like. He's a little young for that, but at least his minds in the right place :) and It keeps him working really hard in school
Congrats!

Level 3

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Feb 16, 2013
CyberSoulSista wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats!
Thanks! Same to you!
Vacationing Axe

Miami, FL

#14 Feb 16, 2013
All1234 wrote:
We've been married for 11 years...
CyberSoulSista wrote:
Hubby and I have been together five years and counting.
Do you two have private insurance or "free" reparation handouts for your AIDS treatments?

Are all (or just some) of your nigfants HIV+ also?

“Proceed with caution”

Level 1

Richmond TX

#15 Feb 16, 2013
Vacationing Axe wrote:
<quoted text>CyberSoulSista wrote, "Hubby and I have been together five years and counting."

Do you two have private insurance or "free" reparation handouts for your AIDS treatments?

Are all (or just some) of your nigfants HIV+ also?
PAY ATTENTION

Whatever I have is none of your concern. I'm a bigots worse nightmare.
1. Educated
2. Employed
3. Registered gun owner

This is not a thread for your ignorance.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#16 Feb 17, 2013
CyberSoulSista wrote:
Nice to see a positive thread for a change. Too bad it got buried beneath all the BS threads. Hubby and I have been together five years and counting. It's a beautiful & loving relationship.
Thank you for sharing, and congratulations to you and your husband. May your love only grow stronger and your happiness also.

“Cool Like That”

Level 5

Everywhere

#17 Feb 17, 2013
All1234 wrote:
It is refreshing to hear about a generation of successful Black marriages. Congratulations to you and your family, and thank you for sharing your story on this thread.

“Head Bish”

Level 2

Location hidden

#18 Feb 17, 2013
To me, Black Love is more than just 'love'. It's spiritual, esoteric...the connection that a Black man has with a Black woman is the most beautiful, divine and supreme kind of connection that a human being can have with another human being. It the power of such a connection, is indeed a threat to Caucasians - that's why they are on this thread, reeking with jealousy and bitterness. Even they, in spite of how consistently 'white love' is plastered and advertised all over every billboard, TV advertisement and Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein (insert designer here) etc campaign, know the power of Black love. It drew them to this thread, did it not? It feels them with fear.
Anyway, I'm happy to have that kind of connection with a Black man. He's the most caring and protective being in the whole world. He can cook, he's exceedingly intelligent...a Cancer, so he respects women...and oh DOES he respects women. He treats me like royalty. A lot of awful things are said about American BM but he just goes to show that what is said is false and that the devil is a liar. I really do love him:). Sorry for the rambling!

“Head Bish”

Level 2

Location hidden

#19 Feb 17, 2013
*fills them with fear

“Proceed with caution”

Level 1

Richmond TX

#20 Feb 17, 2013
YourGodIsAPimp wrote:
To me, Black Love is more than just 'love'. It's spiritual, esoteric...the connection that a Black man has with a Black woman is the most beautiful, divine and supreme kind of connection that a human being can have with another human being. It the power of such a connection, is indeed a threat to Caucasians - that's why they are on this thread, reeking with jealousy and bitterness. Even they, in spite of how consistently 'white love' is plastered and advertised all over every billboard, TV advertisement and Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein (insert designer here) etc campaign, know the power of Black love. It drew them to this thread, did it not? It feels them with fear.
Anyway, I'm happy to have that kind of connection with a Black man. He's the most caring and protective being in the whole world. He can cook, he's exceedingly intelligent...a Cancer, so he respects women...and oh DOES he respects women. He treats me like royalty. A lot of awful things are said about American BM but he just goes to show that what is said is false and that the devil is a liar. I really do love him:). Sorry for the rambling!
Loved your rambling!

“Proceed with caution”

Level 1

Richmond TX

#21 Feb 17, 2013
IkeLike wrote:
<quoted text>It is refreshing to hear about a generation of successful Black marriages. Congratulations to you and your family, and thank you for sharing your story on this thread.
Thank you for such a positive thread. Very refreshing on this site.
Carol

Orem, UT

#22 Feb 17, 2013
Carol

Orem, UT

#23 Feb 17, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min VetnorsGate 1,419,326
Italians are NOT White!!!! (Feb '12) 9 min ZIONISM IS NOT ... 6,436
Why do blacks claim North Africans as black? 14 min Moses 80
How can you tell a white guy likes you? (Jun '07) 28 min Ethereal 9 45
What color will Taylor swift's baby be? 28 min Anonymous 1
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 33 min Moses 47,857
49er QB Colin Kaepernick is WAKING UP 36 min MICHA 42
BM arrested in fatal stabbing of two nuns in Mi... 43 min ape5 18
Why aren't there any Negroes in the Bible? 55 min Moses 519
Trump will carry atleast 25% of the BLACK VOTE 4 hr bluestreak returns 250