Clinton, Obama vie to be 'second blac...

Clinton, Obama vie to be 'second black president' during debate

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 29, 2007, titled Clinton, Obama vie to be 'second black president' during debate. In it, Newsday reports that:

If Bill Clinton was the "first black president," his wife and Barack Obama are vying to be the second.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Lucien BONNET

Richelieu, Canada

#1 Jun 29, 2007
Thank you for welcoming me.
Lucien BONNET
SEE: "Bill A Ri And There Was Light!"
in www.contact-canadahaiti.ca
----------
WESTERN UNIVERSALISM
“Color cannot be understood except in relation to the person who perceives it,” physicist Pierre Demers wrote in the Foreword to this book. He clearly confirms the relevance of this essay. First of all, in fact, we thought it would be useful to consider the civilizational (politico-religious) attitude of the West toward the Blacks, before pointing out the deficiencies of present-day science, which is predominantly Western, in its perception of the Black Universe.
The Western political attitude toward the Blacks has for many centuries been determined by the perverse ruler-servant, master-slave, exploiter-exploited relationship. In order to normalize its policy of enslaving Blacks, Judeo-Christian civilization went so far as to use Christianity to legitimize what today we generally call “crimes against humanity”, such as the racist slavery peculiar to the West. That situation was facilitated by the fact that the monotheistic religion, which had originally been universalist, soon limited its horizons to the boundaries of the Western world, while the other peoples — which it thought it had attracted — seemed to find themselves there in spite of themselves. Some might wonder whether the abandonment by the West of Christian universalism does not explain that inability of Judeo-Christian civilization to adopt a universalist attitude, not only in the political but also in the scientific realm.
As a matter of fact, present-day science, dominated for a few centuries by the West, can hardly claim to be “universal”, since it is so deeply affected by the Westerners who perceive it. These people have — as we all know — lost any authentically universalist dimension. Did they not, by using and misusing the Bible, attempt to prove the superiority of Western Whites over Blacks and other colored peoples, limiting there too the vast universalist horizons of science to the very boundaries of the West? Everything seems to indicate that science is no longer universal; it is “Western”, with all the consequences that implies for humanity and, in particular, for the Black world.
In other words, the Western approach, the Western way of thinking, is far from being scientific, neutral and objective; it is subjective and distorting. Such subjectivity and distortion manifest themselves still more obviously, as we have seen, in the realm of colors, and more specifically when dealing with the concept of “black”. One must therefore bring into play the social sciences — history, sociology, psychology, psychoanalysis, political science, etc.— to understand that Western handicap. Indeed, as soon as it has to deal with “black”, Western reasoning vacillates, making room for the irrational and its array of fantasies....
Lucien BONNET

“Searching for answers”

Since: Jun 07

Toronto

#2 Jun 29, 2007
Oh geeez, how is Bill Clinton the first black president?

Mack the Great

Since: May 07

United States

#3 Jun 29, 2007
Francis Emmerich wrote:
Oh geeez, how is Bill Clinton the first black president?
You mean, the first "SOCIALLY" black president? He did alot of things to improve the AA community and for that us blacks give him the official title of being America's black president.

“Searching for answers”

Since: Jun 07

Toronto

#4 Jun 29, 2007
Mack the Great wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean, the first "SOCIALLY" black president? He did alot of things to improve the AA community and for that us blacks give him the official title of being America's black president.
So did Abraham Lincoln, and he did more for blacks in America than Clinton ever did.

Don't get me wrong, I got nothing against Bill Clinton, he was a good president, but I sometimes find Black people saying he was the first black president for other nonsensical reasons.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min RoxLo 1,521,406
NEGROES -- what would be your preferred method... 2 min The Correct Axe 33
7 dead over 30-wounded in Chicago weekend violence 3 min PRIMATES HATE BLACKS 3
Thank you white people for the Internet 18 min Ben 19
why are only ww used in dating ads? 21 min The Correct Axe 9
LOL! "D I D" it is. 21 min Keepin It Real 2
'Happy Days' actress Erin Moran DEAD 23 min Nunyabusiness 17
IRBW And Their Fantasies. 24 min Tranny x 591
White Pride Comes Roaring Back. 1 hr obammy b mo popular 28
JRT ~ Just got back from Vegas ~ 5 hr Chumlee Van Cleaf 25