Why is Africa so poor?
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Boondeeboojoe

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#2 Aug 18, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
Seriously, what is your explanation for why Africa is poor?
Bad leadership and western sabotage. Africa can make do with "cultural change".
KIP

San Francisco, CA

#4 Aug 18, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
<quoted text>
why do africans elect these bad leaders? africa has been freed from colonial rule for 40-50 years now. since colonialism, life expectancy in africa has actually decreased. in addition, the world funnels billions of dollars into africa annually.
Do you really think Africans have had a choice over who to put in power?
Does it ever occur to you to ask why some of the dictators there keep the people poor and hungry but keep their soldiers and militias with full bellies?
Do you ever stop to think that maybe there are societies in Africa that are struggling with their old world values and this new world in the same way many countries are doing so?

Africa is a continent rich in oil, natural resources and precious minerals. There continues to be heated warfare over who gets what, when and why. Colonialism didn't help solve any of this. Colonialism complicated life there.

Pick up a book, read a news story, and learn something about Africa before sounding off so foolishly.
LION

Charlotte, NC

#5 Aug 18, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
Don't believe what you see on tv.
AFrica have growing black economies although there is still much work to be done.

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#6 Aug 18, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
Africa is not poor. Africa is enriched with Uranium, Diamonds, Fertile land, Gold, Platinum you name it.

Why are most AFRICANS poor? Because there is gross inequality in the distribution of these resources- almost 85% of the resources are owned by 15% of the population in most countries. Most of these wealthy families being politicians in dictatorships- the people in Africa have been victimised to a point of total submission. The overall population is not educated enough to know their rights and so they do not complain... I remember when I visited Zambia with an Italian doctor from MSF, some petty illnesses were left untreated to the point were people had to endure amputations and death in small children but they never complained because they do not know.
As soon as I am done my studies, I have actually made it a point in uplifting Africa, because they never complain-they hardly ever protest because they do not know and that has to change(i.e I am talking about East and Southern Africa which I am familiar with).
Dont be Dopey

Port Richey, FL

#8 Aug 19, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
so in other words, africans cant govern themselves and needs others to settle disputes for them. got it. and yes i know africa is RICH in natural resources, which is why i asked WHY they were poor. are they not smart enough to extract it from the earth? no offense to anybody, just being frank.
Africa is poor because it's inhabited by blacks. Look at Detroit, Atlanta, Compton, and Chicago for local examples of what I mean.
auntie bee

United States

#9 Aug 19, 2013
because they are spending all thier chicken bones going into outerspace looking for the dl gods?

Since: Jun 08

Tulsa OK. & Lugano Switzerland

#10 Aug 19, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
so in other words, africans cant govern themselves and needs others to settle disputes for them. got it. and yes i know africa is RICH in natural resources, which is why i asked WHY they were poor. are they not smart enough to extract it from the earth? no offense to anybody, just being frank.
Not offended. Don't live there.
Boondeeboojoe

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#11 Aug 19, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
What is it to you anyways? You got to internet. A few clicks here and there and you get all the answers you need.
auntie bee

United States

#12 Aug 19, 2013
LION wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't believe what you see on tv.
AFrica have growing black economies although there is still much work to be done.
transfering termite mounds into crack labs dont count ya know.

“Out of the US back in France”

Level 5

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#13 Aug 19, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
Again, your statement bugs me.... AFRICA is not POOR. The people there are, there is a difference, AFRICA is a continent, and it is rich in minerals BUT the majority of people who live there are poor because of terrible leadership that only concentrates on acquiring personal wealth and stealing from the nation for personal reasons.
Minerals are extracted from the earth daily in their thousands but the income from those resources never get to enrich the poor. In essence, the rich keep getting richer and poor keep getting poorer.

And I also concur with the guy who says use Google and find out, it will probably do more good than people on this site many who have never been in Africa or even analysed the situation.... better yet, visit a College were they study African Studies and get a more informed answer.

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#14 Aug 19, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
Tribal warfare, free market, etc

“Repent and worship God”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#15 Aug 19, 2013
Silverness wrote:
<quoted text>Africa is not poor. Africa is enriched with Uranium, Diamonds, Fertile land, Gold, Platinum you name it.

Why are most AFRICANS poor? Because there is gross inequality in the distribution of these resources- almost 85% of the resources are owned by 15% of the population in most countries. Most of these wealthy families being politicians in dictatorships- the people in Africa have been victimised to a point of total submission. The overall population is not educated enough to know their rights and so they do not complain... I remember when I visited Zambia with an Italian doctor from MSF, some petty illnesses were left untreated to the point were people had to endure amputations and death in small children but they never complained because they do not know.
As soon as I am done my studies, I have actually made it a point in uplifting Africa, because they never complain-they hardly ever protest because they do not know and that has to change(i.e I am talking about East and Southern Africa which I am familiar with).
I concur.
LION

Charlotte, NC

#16 Aug 20, 2013
auntie bee wrote:
<quoted text>transfering termite mounds into crack labs dont count ya know.
I am going to tell your mother what you said when I pick her up tonight. lol

Raptors Revenge

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#20 Sep 27, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
<quoted text>
seriously? lets see, low life expectancy, aids running rampant, children walking pot bellied, huts made of garbage, lack of educational attainment...is that why the rest of the world is funneling billions of dollars into this black hole project that never seems to get better?
It will never get better either. Look at all of the benefits and free housing they get here in the U.S. Does it get better? No, it get's worse. More crime, more murders, and still no education that is very accessible to them.

You just can't save a race that doesn't want to be saved.

Raptors Revenge

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Location hidden

#25 Sep 27, 2013
-Black Famous- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post has an origin of ignorance and child like tone to it.
You're regurgitating absolute nonsense and makes YOU look inferior in thoughts and attitudes.
So, what it really comes down to is that you can not deny the truth to his post. Right?

Raptors Revenge

“Democraps are stupid.”

Level 5

Location hidden

#26 Sep 27, 2013
-Black Famous- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't read deal from wiki.
And please don't talk about college exams, half of YOU monkeys here aren't intelligent enough to have finished elementary school.
So, in what way is Africa poor?
LMAO!!!!! That's a lot of deflection.

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#27 Sep 27, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
the real problem in africa is the african mentality
1-we blacks don't have solidarity between us
we always need to cheat for our interestes and we don't care about the others look at african leaders they are ready to buy africa to the west and china for their own interestes.it's like the past when some african kings sold slaves to arabs and whites.
an african is always ready to kill other africans for money
for example civil war in ivory coast rwanda all those things were programmed by whites and done by african themselves.
2-the colonisation is the main reason why africa still backward and poor all white cracker countries were united against a africa
portugueese spaniards frenchies british italians to stole african ressources and enslave africans.
3-the racism no one in the world want to see africa developed and rich.they are afraid of blacks .
4-SOME AFRICAN countries are rich but the west still show africans as poor because the west is racist
5-africa is the land of god original humans hebrew israelites .you will never see buildings malls in africa .

Level 6

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#28 Sep 27, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
WHY your crackers are stupid
you must care about europe because you are a cracker
only blacks care about africa
Zew

Pretoria, South Africa

#29 Sep 27, 2013
socalRealist wrote:
You sound trapped in an indebted hellhole that is fast becoming a gigantic industrial wasteland.

Shouldn't you be creating threads about creative ways of servicing your debt which exceeded the GDP of the world?

Land of tent cities and random shootings.
Zew

Pretoria, South Africa

#30 Sep 27, 2013
obamahamza08 wrote:
<quoted text>the real problem in africa is the african mentality...blah blah blah blah bullshit......
And the real problem in the USA is the American mentality, debt culture and culture of greed.

You're not getting out of this mess.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson should be on Mt R... 3 min Bill 13
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Earl 1,509,147
Why Are Black People So Greedy And Selfish? 8 min Bill 26
Ask this honky. A truthful answer to any racial... 30 min Ttt 3
Bright side of Trumpcare. 1 hr RMG Mundo 21
Trump ~ BLAME the DEMS!! 1 hr Dan Snow 27
what do you call six million burned corpses? 1 hr Kato 36
White men are the solution for the single black... 1 hr Sok 151
Do black men really have larger penises? (Sep '10) 11 hr Brown Jade 1,419
More from around the web