#74 Feb 11, 2009
^^^Off Topic, Sorry^^^
The Moor

Rochester, MI

#75 Feb 11, 2009
Mikah wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry...LOL...No golddigger here!
I'm not offended by your post at all I'm responding to your statment. You stated that I defend all women. That is not true. In this case I'll admit I felt sorry for her. I think she took a beating (in the court of public opinion that is LOL). Like I stated before I was too young to take it all in at the time. I was going off of all the bad things everyone around me was saying about her.
I said that some women/people like to marry people with money. That is their choice. I'm not mad at them. Just like I'm not mad at a man who wants to marry a woman who is beautiful. The two seem to go hand-in-hand. Mike and Robin were looking for certain things in each other. Why is she the one who takes all the blame?
because her intentions were not good. And in case you have never been told this before you don't marry a man just because he is rich. And yes men all want to marry a beautiful woman. But once again, you can't marry a woman simply because she is beautiful. This is the action of a teenage boy a man should have better judgment than that,and that is where he went wrong.

I am very sensitive about this sort of thing, I have taught my sons that you don't come charging through the door flashing your assets to impress a woman. Because you want someone who wants to be with you for the man that you are, not because of your who is in your wallet!

I married my wife,put her into the house of her dreams,and I spoil her rotten. But the reason that I married her. And while she is a very nice looking woman, I passed up/dumped women who were just as nice looking for her. Because she has a heart of gold! She is the sweetest thing on the planet. I have every intention of treating her as if she fell from heaven this weekend.

But she brings a lot to the table. Not just good looks. She is very intelligent,she has a great sense of humor,she is a sexy mommy,She is very stylish-I buy most of her clothes,shoes,perfumes and jewelry and she gets tons of compliments on them. I absolutely adore this woman. And she is the queen of the house, but she is very respectful of me and I she.

But as I have stated it was her heart that attracted me to her. It wasn't that pretty caramel skin or that coke bottle figure alone.
The Moor

Rochester, MI

#76 Feb 11, 2009
Game4Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. Spear me the insults. For someone who is so professional, and supposedly makes a lot of money, you sure are showing a lack of class.
1. This topic is about Rihanna, Robins name just happened to come up, but the focal point is still Rihanna, and how she might compare to the other scenarios female women in the spotlight went through. Get it?
2. You made a post defending Rihanna and bashing Chris Brown. Then you claim the bad press Robin got was justified, because she was a known gold digger. My point? Rihanna has a bad rep in the industry too, and I said you were talking about her like she was an angel, not that you called her an angel, big difference lawyer man.
3. Many people know about Rihanna and Jay-Z. It's one of the reasons Beyonce hates her guts and was spotted many times about to get into a fight with her. Just because you only knew and her and Chris Brown, doesn't mean the stories about Rihanna and Jay-Z aren't true.
Your final point I agree with.
One, I never insulted you, I made a point that was in response to your post. That took my words attempted to twist them around and then toss them back at me. If you are going to do this sort of thing then be prepared for he response, and don't pretend that you have no clue why it is coming back at you.

Two: Robin Givens name came up, thus the discussion of, surprise!: Robin Givens and her history,understand?

Three: I never defended Rihanna I mearly addressed your wreckless statements that were based on conjecture. I did not bash Chris Brown, simply offered my own personal opinion, I do not deny this. It is you who seems to confuse opinion/rumor with facts. Which is obvious as you do not know either her or Sean Carter. Or you would have no doubt indicated that at the onslaught of our debate. But yet you seem to know the most intimate details of female singers "audition"

Four: As I said before I did not speak of anyone being an angel. In fact I never even used the word angel in the whole post. So how did you come to the conclusion that I was describing someone as an angel. This doesn't make sense to me in the least. As it is yet another of your personal opinions. That you took the liberty of including in my post.

Five: as I said before the only thing that we can do is speculate about the singers romantic personal life. And this is because of what we have seen in he media, which anyone with half a brain and a descent education knows is sketchy at best!

Since: Nov 08

Bethlehem, PA

#77 Feb 11, 2009
The Moor wrote:
<quoted text>
because her intentions were not good. And in case you have never been told this before you don't marry a man just because he is rich. And yes men all want to marry a beautiful woman. But once again, you can't marry a woman simply because she is beautiful. This is the action of a teenage boy a man should have better judgment than that,and that is where he went wrong.
I am very sensitive about this sort of thing, I have taught my sons that you don't come charging through the door flashing your assets to impress a woman. Because you want someone who wants to be with you for the man that you are, not because of your who is in your wallet!
I married my wife,put her into the house of her dreams,and I spoil her rotten. But the reason that I married her. And while she is a very nice looking woman, I passed up/dumped women who were just as nice looking for her. Because she has a heart of gold! She is the sweetest thing on the planet. I have every intention of treating her as if she fell from heaven this weekend.
But she brings a lot to the table. Not just good looks. She is very intelligent,she has a great sense of humor,she is a sexy mommy,She is very stylish-I buy most of her clothes,shoes,perfumes and jewelry and she gets tons of compliments on them. I absolutely adore this woman. And she is the queen of the house, but she is very respectful of me and I she.
But as I have stated it was her heart that attracted me to her. It wasn't that pretty caramel skin or that coke bottle figure alone.
First, you sound like a very loving husband and father. Your family is luck to have you. I can appreciate a man who loves his family. That is how I judge a man. If you are good to your family they you are alright in my book. A good family man can do no wrong in my book.

You keep hinting around that I maybe into money. I wasn't raised to look at a mans finances. I am the type of person who says live and let live. However, if and when a relationship goes bad I am the first person to hold that person responsible for making a bad decision: like entering the relationship for money, looks etc.

You are a man. I don't expect you to fully understand my view on this. It's a girl thing. We are on opposing sides on this. I feel that Robin (regardless of her intentions--real or imagined) was the victim in this.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Redmond, WA

#78 Feb 11, 2009
People are so friggen dumb to think rihanna has more talent than chris. Rihanna has like the least talent person in the music biz. At least chris writes some of his music and on top of that he can perform the hell out of a song.

And what does rihanna have she can't sing doesn't write can't dance and is shitty live. All she has is her style.

I think rihanna career will be over. Idk y I just think so

I go to a highschool here. And chris brown has a lot of fans. Some people in my school like rihannas songs but they don't really give a shit about her. They don't go to her concerts. Or buy her cds. They just upload her music for free.

Level 1

Since: Dec 08

Redmond, WA

#79 Feb 11, 2009
Tranquil2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually think Rihanna is prettier than Beyonce, but four things about Beyonce. She can really dance (something a lot of singers can't do), has a body men like to watch, has great costumes and great publicity. Her voice has gotten much better, but it's not all that great either. Sometimes it can get on one's nerves. Frankly, I don't think she'll be around all that much longer either. People are getting tired of her already.
Folks have forgotten how Rihanna come out of nowhere it seemed and people really loved her. She was definitely competion for Beyonce and only needs the right writers, producers and publicity. I'm telling you. If she really plays her cards right, she will be huge in the future.
Beyonce and rihanna cannot be compared

beyonce has a strong fanbase and a great ass voice. I think she is the best female performer alive right now. People can debate all the fuck they want but I know it already.

She has won many grammys, was in an oscar winning movie, sells tours like crazy, and everysince 2004 each yr she has been nominated for best vocals.

Rihanna is talentless why won't people accecpt that she is and move on. Chris brown I feel did make rihanna in a way. I don't know any rihanna fans anyways.

Ciara actually can dance and perform so she has more talent than rihanna. Ashanti writes some of her music and can sing better than rihanna. So even she has more talent than rihanna. A lot of female artist have more talent than her.

She is a waste of space.
The Moor

Rochester, MI

#80 Feb 11, 2009
long island girl wrote:
People are so friggen dumb to think rihanna has more talent than chris. Rihanna has like the least talent person in the music biz. At least chris writes some of his music and on top of that he can perform the hell out of a song.
And what does rihanna have she can't sing doesn't write can't dance and is shitty live. All she has is her style.
I think rihanna career will be over. Idk y I just think so
I go to a highschool here. And chris brown has a lot of fans. Some people in my school like rihannas songs but they don't really give a shit about her. They don't go to her concerts. Or buy her cds. They just upload her music for free.
Ohhhh, Dear God help you, how old are you, lie twelve. okay Chris brown is like so overrated. He is not great singer,hell neither of them are. But yes he can sing a little. But he is not by far a major talent. It is mostly successful marketing. She on the other hand is a lovely young woman,with nice long enough legs, who sings,dances and who white males honestly like to look at. That alone will take her further than him. Especially under the circumstances.

As I said before I generally don't even go for women that light. But she is the exception,I was captivated by both the video for the song that she did with Neyo and for Umbrella. She is very photogenic,very camera friendly.

Mark my words she will be a movie star before you know it.

You sound as if you have some issues with her. What is the problem? You must be a dark skin girl who has issues with very light women. There are beautiful women in every race,creed and skin tone!

free yourself and get over it,work with what you have and that will prove to be a winner for you!
The Moor

Rochester, MI

#81 Feb 11, 2009
Mikah wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you sound like a very loving husband and father. Your family is luck to have you. I can appreciate a man who loves his family. That is how I judge a man. If you are good to your family they you are alright in my book. A good family man can do no wrong in my book.
You keep hinting around that I maybe into money. I wasn't raised to look at a mans finances. I am the type of person who says live and let live. However, if and when a relationship goes bad I am the first person to hold that person responsible for making a bad decision: like entering the relationship for money, looks etc.
You are a man. I don't expect you to fully understand my view on this. It's a girl thing. We are on opposing sides on this. I feel that Robin (regardless of her intentions--real or imagined) was the victim in this.
Robin Givens was hardly the victim in that situation. I have laid out her treacherous history for you. Yet you still insist that she was somehow a victim? She was an opportunist a vampire in waiting. I don't see how you can't see that. Anyway, I agree to disagree,

“Uncle Tom”

Since: Feb 07

Brooklyn, NY

#82 Feb 11, 2009
The Moor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now what he Mr. Brown needs to do is go and beat his stepfathers ass for hitting his moms. That I would have loved to hear. With his Punk A**!
C/S

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#83 Feb 11, 2009
What I want to know is who would know she gave him herpes? I can't really believe he would tell anyone and have that out about him.

Besides they were out together, I can't imagine any man cool enough with having herpes going out with a woman that gave it to him.
BlackAfrican

Botswana

#84 Feb 11, 2009
Either way, the DA is after chris ass and hes in hot water.
Game4Life

West Mifflin, PA

#85 Feb 12, 2009
Bychance37 wrote:
What I want to know is who would know she gave him herpes? I can't really believe he would tell anyone and have that out about him.
Besides they were out together, I can't imagine any man cool enough with having herpes going out with a woman that gave it to him.
It was claimed by people who claim they knew the couple. However, it's slowly turning out to be false. The major news networks are claiming that the fight started over Chris being busted for cheating, when he got a text message for a body call.

Rihanna grabbed the keys, threw them out the car. Chris snapped, began chocking Rihanna, and you know the rest.

Since: Jan 09

Heaven

#87 Feb 12, 2009
Keisha wrote:
Radio stations are pulling his music off air cuz people are writing to them like crazy. He already lost 2 deals and he wasn't that much of a big star anyway.
RiRi is HUGE, globally. "Good Girl Gone Bad" was the best selling album of 2007 worldwide and the second best selling in 2008. All of her singles have at the very least made it into the top 5 for the past 2 years. Her worldwide tour was the world's third most profitable in '08.
He needed RiRi to upgrade his image. I don't see anyone supporting him on this except his fan girls who now think they have a shot of him being their baby daddy.
She is far from over, she hasn't lost her cosmetics deals and before all of this she was in the studio working on her third album. She got all the big producers lined up for her because they know what's up. Anything she touches turns into a hit.
Bottom line!

Rihanna will be back.

This incident will actually HELP her, sadly!
3 DIZZLE

Winston Salem, NC

#88 Feb 12, 2009
-True story- wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....F*ck Denita.
I don't know Diz, but she had a pic of some fat-face damn near white ugly bitch and it's probably her.
No fuggen reason at all for someone to post a ugly bitch like that. lmbao.
I tried to be friendly with her at first, but i'm just sick of these retarded bitches now.
C/S

“Thunder Cats HOoooooooooooooo o”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#89 Feb 12, 2009
I'm not a fan of either, but putting your hands on a women like that is awful it shows no class. I don't care what she did none of those reasons warrent putting you hands on a women. I am not a singer hell I can bearly dance and got a beautiful wife for 10 yrs and never ever had to put my hands on her. Dude is a millionaire got women ready to do his bidding and he feels he has to put his hands on a women what a dork.

“Supersexyblackma n ”

Since: Jan 09

London

#90 Feb 12, 2009
3 DIZZLE wrote:
<quoted text>
This post right here proves everything I've been saying about you the whole time and thats your a cracka posing as a black woman because I dont know any self respecting black woman who would advocate for black women to date outside thier race and to have a abortion if their pregnant by a black man.
You've been busted
Agreed its obviously a white idiot.

“"Living life"”

Since: Oct 07

((Material Status))

#91 Feb 12, 2009
Tranquil2009 wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually think Rihanna is prettier than Beyonce, but four things about Beyonce. She can really dance (something a lot of singers can't do), has a body men like to watch, has great costumes and great publicity. Her voice has gotten much better, but it's not all that great either. Sometimes it can get on one's nerves. Frankly, I don't think she'll be around all that much longer either. People are getting tired of her already.
Folks have forgotten how Rihanna come out of nowhere it seemed and people really loved her. She was definitely competion for Beyonce and only needs the right writers, producers and publicity. I'm telling you. If she really plays her cards right, she will be huge in the future.
People have already given up on Beyonce, getting married was her down fall. I mean she was overrated since 05 by now people are just fed up, and want to see something new. Rihanna could have been the next Queen B in charged. But that chance has passed over.

I don't think Rihanna has much of a chance because the girl don't have much talent. Her singing suck but it's selling (for how long)?? People will want to see some true talent if you know what I mean.

“"Living life"”

Since: Oct 07

((Material Status))

#92 Feb 12, 2009
I've also heard that people in Barbados are tired of her. Alot of them are saying she isn't repping the whole island vibe like she use to. But I'm not sure about that rumor.
Level 7

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#93 Feb 12, 2009
Truth Be Known wrote:
Well after this embarassment IF Rihanna goes back with Chris, she NEEDS her azz beat. Once an abuser always an abuser and it will get worse. This was not slight thing, I read reports she is really bruised and busted up. I can not believe how people are still sticking up for Chris.
C/S! He's young and as the mother of young black men and grandsons, I feel for him wrecking his career and life. However, he has an anger issue that needs to be resolved. Maybe this is a blessing in disguise...
BrownBone

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#94 Feb 12, 2009
YourDadsHole wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't take what his step dad says too seriously though, he seems like one of those men that would purposely try to degrade his step son's character because of animosity with his ex wife/girlfriend and by association her children.
its so many rumors floating around. I know Rihanna is embarrassed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min JRB 1,641,212
News Some firsts among 32 US students picked as Rhod... 4 min TerriB1 1
This man is living proof that all black people... 4 min Got_Rope 1
Do you guys ever get tired of posting the same ... 5 min SlayWithTheTruth 33
White history month: Name one great "White" civ... 12 min Paul 313
No More Internet (Net Neutrality) (Jan '10) 14 min T-BOS 8
Why do younger black men love older white women (Oct '11) 15 min kyokitty 76
THREE WORDS USED TO DESCRIBE WHITES. kir sucka 1 hr spooklevel10009 31
Can America Become 80% White Again? 2 hr LOL 660
I love black women and hate white women 3 hr SlayWithTheTruth 53