Where did all the Black Egyptians Go?

Where did all the Black Egyptians Go?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 47
Next Last

“Proud of my African Heritage”

Since: Oct 07

New York

#1 Dec 7, 2009
We all know the antient Egyptians were blck but look at the people who live in Egypt now..where did all the black folk go?
Nazret

Fremont, CA

#2 Dec 7, 2009
ate them, but seriously they are every where around Egypt. The Nubian still exist in Egypt, Sudan, in the Sahara, Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia.
African Man

Peterborough, Canada

#3 Dec 7, 2009
Huricane Katrina wrote:
We all know the antient Egyptians were blck but look at the people who live in Egypt now..where did all the black folk go?
The mostly live in the Southern part of Egypt. I've been there and have seen areas where it is all BLACK. Also, many moved West and East. Genetically, their ancestors still live in the Horn of Africa like Eritrea, Ethiopia, and Somalia.

You don't see Black Egyptians on TV, but they are everywhere in Egypt today.

“I have finally found my voice”

Since: May 09

Burnsville, MN

#4 Dec 7, 2009
There was no such thing as black Egyptians it is all a myth created by Afrocentric who want to steal the great culture of Egypt, the truth is Egypt was probably more north African or middle eastern looking then black, which is such a pathetic argument.

“Future DOD Africom Civilian”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#5 Dec 7, 2009
There was a mass exodus of black North Africans to the sub-Saharan Africa.

They thought it was too cold in North Africa, so they packed up and left all their knowledge for the whites and arabs could use it.

They no longer needed the knowledge so they just forgot it and decided to revert back to simple hunter gatherers and live in Mud huts.

Eurocentric loons are trying to cover this fact up<sarcasm>
canadahatesnggrs

Halifax, Canada

#6 Dec 7, 2009
Nazret wrote:
ate them, but seriously they are every where around Egypt. The Nubian still exist in Egypt, Sudan, in the Sahara, Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia.
Nubia was a different kingdom than Egypt, Jamal, it was south of Egypt
African man

Peterborough, Canada

#7 Dec 7, 2009
Abdull wrote:
There was no such thing as black Egyptians it is all a myth created by Afrocentric who want to steal the great culture of Egypt, the truth is Egypt was probably more north African or middle eastern looking then black, which is such a pathetic argument.
There are dark skinned (that look like Black people) people living in Egypt today. I've been there, and seen these people. Remember Sadat? If he wasn't a Black Egyptian, what was he? Whether you want to call him a Sudanese or not, he was still Egyptian and Black looking. So your argument fails right there.
African man

Peterborough, Canada

#8 Dec 7, 2009
The consensus view among the majority of Egyptologists is summed up by Ian Shaw from the Oxford History of Ancient Egypt:
“ There is still some debate regarding the precise location of Punt, which was once identified with the region of modern Somalia. A strong argument has now been made for its location in either southern Sudan or the Eritrea, where the indigenous plants and animals equate most closely with those depicted in the Egyptian reliefs and paintings.[31]

#^ The Oxford History of Ancient Egypt, Ian Shaw, p. 317, 2003

Encyclopaedia Britannica describes Punt as follows:“in ancient Egyptian and Greek geography, the southern coast of the Red Sea and adjacent coasts of the Gulf of Aden, corresponding to modern coastal Eritrea and Djibouti.”

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/483...

Land of Punt is the ancestral home of the Egyptians.

Which is also backed up by the genetic/linguistic studies today.
l-ray

Pineville, LA

#9 Dec 7, 2009
As dude a couple post above me mentioned alot are still in the Southern Egypt/Nubia area such as these people

http://www.ancienthistoricalsociety.org/BejaT...

#

I would imagine others were either massacred or absorbed by the invading arab, Turk, and Persian occupiers that dominate Modern Egypt today..

also many obviously fled Egypt into the interior Africa....This is why there are several tribes outside of Egypt/Sudan such as the Hausa and Baggara tribe of West Africa among others whom are suspected of originating from the Egypt area.
l-ray

Pineville, LA

#10 Dec 7, 2009
canadahatesnggrs wrote:
<quoted text>
Nubia was a different kingdom than Egypt, Jamal, it was south of Egypt
No that's an myth created by Eurocentrics to explain/downplay the obvious black origin of AE...Nubians and AEs were obviously the same people.
Nazret

Fremont, CA

#11 Dec 7, 2009
Abdull wrote:
There was no such thing as black Egyptians it is all a myth created by Afrocentric who want to steal the great culture of Egypt, the truth is Egypt was probably more north African or middle eastern looking then black, which is such a pathetic argument.
Get out Arabu.
Nazret

Fremont, CA

#12 Dec 7, 2009
South Egypt and North Sudan is all Nubian. These people look like the Arabs in Sudan, The Ethiopians/Eris, Somalis.
The Arabs are new comers like the White settlers thieves in the Americas.
l-ray

Pineville, LA

#13 Dec 7, 2009
Abdull wrote:
There was no such thing as black Egyptians it is all a myth created by Afrocentric who want to steal the great culture of Egypt, the truth is Egypt was probably more north African or middle eastern looking then black, which is such a pathetic argument.
We know Egyptians were blacks is fact cause that's exactly what they called themselsves blacks(Kemite means black in AE language) you dumb camel jockey.. as for how they looked...pictures speak thousands of words..

http://www..com/discus/message s/2152/9014.jpg

http://asiapacificuniverse.com/pkm/A81.jpg
cuz it bea rayciss

Salinas, CA

#14 Dec 7, 2009
HELL????

lol

Level 4

Since: Sep 09

Oured,Osea

#15 Dec 7, 2009
They're still around in Upper(southern) Egypt and have remained in exile in that region sense the Arab invaders took over the country.They are at the bottom rung of the Egyptian society and don't have access to TV,other electronic outlets, and etc. and that peckerwood Arab Zahi Hawass will probably lie to you and say that those black Egyptians were descendants of Nubian slaves when they are the indigenous people of that country.The modern black Egyptians come in a variety of skin tones like we AA's do and any AA tourist visiting Egypt is usually known to be mistaken for an black Egyptian.

“I have finally found my voice”

Since: May 09

Burnsville, MN

#16 Dec 7, 2009
l-ray wrote:
<quoted text>
We know Egyptians were blacks is fact cause that's exactly what they called themselsves blacks(Kemite means black in AE language) you dumb camel jockey.. as for how they looked...pictures speak thousands of words..
http://www..com/discus/message s/2152/9014.jpg
http://asiapacificuniverse.com/pkm/A81.jpg
The roots of Afrocentrism lay in the repression of blacks throughout the Western world in the 19th century, most particularly in the United States. At the turn of the century, however, came a rise in black racial consciousness as a tool to overcome oppression. Part of this reaction involved a focus on black history, and counteracting what was perceived as white, eurocentric history in favour of a historical narrative of Europe (and what was viewed as its founding culture, ancient Greece) that gave blacks a more prominent role. During the European colonial era on the African continent, the prevalent European attitude was that ancient Egyptians were 'white', as the French scholar Alain Froment shows on the basis of two encyclopaedias from the 1930s. Specifically, this attempted rewriting of the historical narrative of Europe by some individuals developed into two main forms: the claim that European civilization was founded not by the Greeks, but by the Egyptians, whose culture and learning the Greeks allegedly stole, and that the Egyptians themselves were not only African but also black. Some Afrocentrists link the two claims, as the following quote (by Marcus Garvey) displays
“ Every student of history, of impartial mind, knows that the Negro once ruled the world, when white men were savages and barbarians living in caves; that thousands of Negro professors at that time taught in the universities in Alexandria, then the seat of learning; that ancient Egypt gave the world civilization and that Greece and Rome have robbed Egypt of her arts and letters, and taken all the credit to themselves. "
Both themes were to survive Garvey and to continue throughout the 20th century and up to the present day, provoking debate both in academia and in more public spheres, such as mainstream media and the internet. While at the University of Dakar, Diop tried to establish the skin colour of the Egyptian mummies by measuring the melanin content of the skin, stating:“In practice it is possible to determine directly the skin color and, hence, the ethnic affiliations of the ancient Egyptians by microscopic analysis in the laboratory; I doubt if the sagacity of the researchers who have studied the question has overlooked the possibility. Diop further attempted to link Egypt to Senegal by arguing that the Ancient Egyptian language was related to his native Wolof. Diop's work was well received by the political establishment in the post-colonial formative phase of the state of Senegal, and by the Pan-Africanist Négritude movement. Diop participated in a UNESCO symposium in Cairo in 1974, where he presented his "Black Egyptian" theory, but it received little support from the other delegates. He was however invited to write the chapter about the "origins of the Egyptians" in the UNESCO General History of Africa.

“I have finally found my voice”

Since: May 09

Burnsville, MN

#17 Dec 7, 2009
Founded in 1979, the Journal of African Civilizations has continually advocated that Egypt should be viewed as a black civilization. The group centering around the journal include Ivan van Sertima and J.H. Clarke (who has advanced further the "Cleopatra was black" theory). Other notable proponents of the meme include Chancellor Williams. Mainstream scholarship has generally been critical of the journal: J.D. Muhly describes it as "well-intentioned but quite unconvincing and lacking in the basic techniques of critical scholarship. Supporters of Afrocentrism have claimed that Tutankhamun was black, and have protested that attempted reconstructions of Tutankhamun's facial features (as depicted on the cover of National Geographic Magazine) have represented the king as “too white”. Forensic artists and physical anthropologists from Egypt, France, and the United States independently created busts of Tutankhamun, using a CT-scan of the skull. Biological anthropologist Susan Anton, the leader of the American team, said that the race of the skull was “hard to call”. She stated that the shape of the cranial cavity indicated an African, while the nose opening suggested narrow nostrils, which is usually considered to be a European characteristic. The skull was thus concluded to be that of a North African. Although modern technology can reconstruct Tutankhamun's facial structure with a high degree of accuracy based on CT data from his mummy, determining his skin tone and eye color is impossible. The clay model was therefore given a flesh coloring which according to the artist was based on an "average shade of modern Egyptians." Terry Garcia, National Geographic's executive vice president for mission programs, said, in response to some protesters of the Tutankhamun reconstruction:

The big variable is skin tone. North Africans, we know today, had a range of skin tones, from light to dark. In this case, we selected a medium skin tone, and we say, quite up front,'This is midrange.' We will never know for sure what his exact skin tone was or the color of his eyes with 100% certainty.... Maybe in the future, people will come to a different conclusion."

“I have finally found my voice”

Since: May 09

Burnsville, MN

#18 Dec 7, 2009
When pressed on the issue by American activists in September 2007, the current Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, Dr. Zahi Hawass stated that "Tutankhamun was not black, and the portrayal of ancient Egyptian civilization as black has no element of truth to it;" Hawass further observed that "[Ancient] Egyptians are not Arabs and are not Africans despite the fact that Egypt is in Africa." In a November 2007 publication of "Ancient Egypt Magazine", Hawass asserted that none of the facial reconstructions resemble Tut, and that in his opinion, the most accurate representation of the boy king is the mask from his tomb. The Discovery Channel commissioned a facial reconstruction of Tutankhamun's golden mask back in 2002. Cleopatra's race and skin colour have also caused frequent debate as described in an article from The Baltimore Sun. There is also an article titled: Was Cleopatra Black? from Ebony magazine,] and an article about Afrocentrism from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that mentions the question, too. Scholars generally suggest a light olive skin colour for Cleopatra, based on the facts that her Macedonian family had intermingled with the Persian aristocracy of the time, that her mother is not absolutely known for certain, and that her paternal grandmother may have been African (or indeed from anywhere at all) which is possible but not provable. Afrocentric assertions of Cleopatra's blackness have, however, continued. The question was the subject of an heated exchange between Mary Lefkowitz, who has referred in her articles a debate she had with one of her students about the question whether Cleopatra was black, and Molefi Kete Asante, Professor of African American Studies at Temple University. As a response to Not Out of Africa by Lefkowitz, Asante wrote an article: Race in Antiquity: Truly Out of Africa, in which he emphasizes that he "can say without a doubt that Afrocentrists do not spend time arguing that either Socrates or Cleopatra were black."

“I have finally found my voice”

Since: May 09

Burnsville, MN

#20 Dec 7, 2009
One of the many names for Egypt in ancient Egyptian is km.t (read Kemet), meaning 'the black land' or 'the black one'. Generally,'Kemet' is taken to be a reference to the fertile black soil which was washed down from Central Africa by the annual Nile inundation, and which made Egypt habitable and successful in contrast to the barren desert or 'red land' outside the narrow confines of the Nile watercourse. The use of the word kmt when referring to people is thought to be derived from the name of the land, meaning literally "those people who live in the black, fertile country." Raymond Faulkner's Concise Dictionary of Middle Egyptian translates it into "Egyptians", as do most sources. The claim that Kemite referred to the fact that the people of the land had black skins, as argued by Cheikh Anta Diop, William Leo Hansberry, or Aboubacry Moussa Lam, has become a cornerstone of Afrocentric historiography. This view is rejected by a strong majority of Egyptologists. The ancient Egyptian tombs and temples contained thousands of works of writing, painting and sculpture, which reveal a lot about the people of that time. However their depictions of themselves in their surviving art and artifacts are rendered in sometimes symbolic, rather than realistic, pigments. As a result, ancient Egyptian artifacts provide sometimes conflicting and inconclusive evidence of the ethnicity of the people who lived in Egypt during dynastic times. Professor Manu Ampim is an historian and researcher specializing in African and African American history and culture. He has taught at Morgan State University in Baltimore, San Francisco State University, and Merritt College in Oakland, California. He has been published extensively, including a six-part essay on “The Vanishing Evidence of Classical African Civilizations.” He has also produced a book called Modern Fraud: The Forged Ancient Egyptian Statues of Ra-Hotep and Nofret, in which he makes the claim that many ancient Egyptian statues and artworks are modern frauds that have been created specifically to hide the “fact” that the ancient Egyptians were black, while authentic artworks which demonstrate black characteristics are systematically defaced or even "modified". Professor Ampim repeatedly makes the accusation that the Egyptian authorities are systematically destroying evidence that “proves” that the ancient Egyptians were black, under the guise of renovating and conserving the applicable temples and structures. He further accuses “European” scholars of wittingly participating in and abetting this process. Professor Ampim has a specific concern about the painting of the "Table of Nations" in the Tomb of Ramses III (KV11). The “Table of Nations” is a standard painting which appears in a number of tombs, and they were usually provided for the guidance of the soul of the deceased. Among other things they described the "four races of men", as follows:(translation by E.A. Wallis Budge: The first are RETH, the second are AAMU, the third are NEHESU, and the fourth are THEMEHU. The RETH are Egyptians, the AAMU are dwellers in the deserts to the east and north-east of Egypt, the NEHESU are the black races, and the THEMEHU are the fair-skinned Libyans.

“Future DOD Africom Civilian”

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#21 Dec 7, 2009
http://mathildasanthropologyblog.wordpress.co...

Faces of Ancient Egypt

Afrocentrics SMASHED!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 47
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min southerngirl 1,618,152
Richard Spencer To Speak At University Of Flori... 7 min KIR SUCKA 1
Black people leech off of white people 12 min brownstreaks return 91
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 12 min Trollslayer 35,233
Kaepernig is suing NFL owners because he didn't... 22 min Trollslayer 20
Black women ONLY submissive to white men? (May '16) 31 min Shaft 69
Jizzrealite Supremacist is from North Africa. A... 41 min Ttt 1
Can America Become 80% White Again? 1 hr Kile Straham 87
Breaking News: Las Vegas Mass Shooting 4 hr bluestreak returns 449
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 4 hr Yisraelite Suprem... 9
More from around the web