Why does beyonce try SO HARD to look ...

Why does beyonce try SO HARD to look like a white woman?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

Woodland Hills, CA

#2 Jul 23, 2012
bmp
kay

United States

#3 Jul 23, 2012
Since when???

Level 5

Woodland Hills, CA

#4 Jul 23, 2012
kay wrote:
Since when???
well, she's always been blonde, but i'd say she's obtained this "multicultural" cherade since she went solo after destiny's child.
Frank

Clarkston, MI

#5 Jul 23, 2012
I thought her hair was originally black!

Anyway, why would she try to look like a white woman?

According to one magazine, she is "the most beautiful woman in the world!"

Level 5

Woodland Hills, CA

#6 Jul 23, 2012
Frank wrote:
I thought her hair was originally black!
Anyway, why would she try to look like a white woman?
According to one magazine, she is "the most beautiful woman in the world!"
EXACTLY, her hair was originally black. But, in an interview, Solange tried to pull it off like she was born with blonde hair! And yeah, of course she's the most beautiful woman with the blonde hair on! Her only predecessor as a black woman elected on People was Halle, and she has euro-features. halle is half white.
nina

Calgary, Canada

#7 Jul 23, 2012
It's not just
Beyonce,
Mariah
Shakira,they do it to appeal to the whites!
Why,cuz they're a bunch of geese!
Blonde hair doesn't represent 'multicultural' shit!
pn2cladelover

Gravesend, UK

#8 Jul 23, 2012
beyonces a sell out. i dont regrd her as a proud black woman, hell no
nina

Calgary, Canada

#9 Jul 23, 2012
White ppl don't got a gun to her head saying wear blonde or die!
It's all about
Beyonce!
She dun give a shit about black history or black ppl.
She's a light skin so it's not her problem.
Selena was true to who she wa.s and she was mega successful
Soul Hunter

United States

#10 Jul 23, 2012
Who cares what color her hair is as long she looks hot!
kay

Acworth, GA

#11 Jul 23, 2012
Genevieve11 wrote:
<quoted text>
well, she's always been blonde, but i'd say she's obtained this "multicultural" cherade since she went solo after destiny's child.
But that does not translate to her trying to be white....less black maybe..but not white.
Alfonso De La Vega

Harrisburg, PA

#12 Jul 23, 2012
nina wrote:
Selena was true to who she was and she was mega successful
You are comparing cultural apples and oranges.

Level 5

Woodland Hills, CA

#13 Jul 23, 2012
kay wrote:
<quoted text>
But that does not translate to her trying to be white....less black maybe..but not white.
yeah, and WHY would she TRY to appear "LESS BLACK", that's the question. You have other AA artists who became extremely successful being who they are, black with black appearance and black style.
nina

Calgary, Canada

#14 Jul 23, 2012
Alfonso De La Vega wrote:
<quoted text>
You are comparing cultural apples and oranges.
im not saying she was better,just truer than
Beyonce and she still made it big!
Beyonce can do the same...instead of being a follower.

Level 5

Woodland Hills, CA

#15 Jul 23, 2012
Also, another thing that pisses the fck out of me is that she has a MILLION pictures of her mom's side of the family online/public and not ONE of Matthew's side. It's always "i'm creole" this, and "on my CREOLE side" that. She's trying to make it seem like creole is a separate race from black and it's NOT. I'M A PROUD AS FCK MIXED CREOLE WOMAN, and I DON'T go around saying "I'M CREOLE FOLKS"! If someone asks me what's my background (which happens DAMN often, even on JOBS), I tell them that I'm black american. If people want to dig shit out and pressure the fck out of me to come out with my other races (which I've had happen most of the time) THEN I MAY say "I'm part spanish...etc/creole", but that's only after some SERIOUS questioning on the other person's part. It's not that I'm ashamed of my other side, it's just that 99% of AA also have white mixture and I hate setting myself apart based on a warped view in someone else's head.

Level 5

Woodland Hills, CA

#16 Jul 23, 2012
Genevieve11 wrote:
She's trying to make it seem like creole is a separate race from black and it's NOT.
excuse me folks, to clarify there ARE some "white" louisiana creoles of pure french/spanish decent. i have a lot of both cajun and white creole in my family, but some white creoles call themselves "cajun", which adds to the confusion. Cajun is French Acadian living in louisiana and is a seperate ethnic group from the "white" creoles, yet they both usually have french backgrounds. So "creole" doesn't always have to be black, although about 80% of the time it IS indeed African black (Haitians) and or mixed race black...which is still black in America lol.
Toni

Stamford, CT

#17 Jul 23, 2012
its so funny how when people think of*black beauty*they always say Beyonce,Halle Berry,Alicia keys,Mariah Carey,Keri Hilson,Rihanna,Leona Lewis,Tina Turner,Iman,Lena Horne and Chili of TLC.you groids yourself see the mentioned females above as examples of *black beauty*.the simple answer is,there is no black beauty.you all look like inbred mutated apes.the most attractive of the bunch always resemble either a White woman,Native American woman or a Asian woman.there is no attractive pure blooded groid.go to Africa yourself and you won't find one
Toni

Stamford, CT

#18 Jul 23, 2012
Genevieve11 wrote:
Also, another thing that pisses the fck out of me is that she has a MILLION pictures of her mom's side of the family online/public and not ONE of Matthew's side. It's always "i'm creole" this, and "on my CREOLE side" that. She's trying to make it seem like creole is a separate race from black and it's NOT. I'M A PROUD AS FCK MIXED CREOLE WOMAN, and I DON'T go around saying "I'M CREOLE FOLKS"! If someone asks me what's my background (which happens DAMN often, even on JOBS), I tell them that I'm black american. If people want to dig shit out and pressure the fck out of me to come out with my other races (which I've had happen most of the time) THEN I MAY say "I'm part spanish...etc/creole", but that's only after some SERIOUS questioning on the other person's part. It's not that I'm ashamed of my other side, it's just that 99% of AA also have white mixture and I hate setting myself apart based on a warped view in someone else's head.
the average *black american*in the U.S is 15-20 non-*black*.the number is higher in places like Brazil & DR

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Jul 23, 2012
I wouldn't say that she TRIES to look "white", but being in the entertainment industry, she is required to maintain a certain image that is palatable to the element of the industry that represents the european dominance.

But, ANYONE looking at at Beyonce' can tell, WITHOUT QUESTION, she is a bona fide Black woman.

“Beautiful Princess.....”

Level 6

Since: Jan 08

Los Angeles, CA.

#20 Jul 23, 2012
I don't think Beyonce looks white. She looks like a light skinned black woman with a blonde weave. So? Some black people have blonde hair.
Southern Girl

Chattanooga, TN

#21 Jul 23, 2012
Yeah, shes doing the Michael Jackson, but I love me some B, and I dont care what color she is as long as she can rock a stage and mic

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Cheech the Conser... 1,604,108
News Trump Repeats Call to Fire Athletes Who Kneel f... 34 min Tm Cln 193
NFL ratings declining 1 hr Ms Mack 60
Quick question for Master Lee..... 1 hr Mr Lee 2
OK, where am I bashing BM? 2 hr Hmm the meanie 8
Hmm the meanie, u were saying? 2 hr Hmm the meanie 38
NFL players stood for god save the queen in Lon... 2 hr Mr Lee 15
Their dirty laundry 2 hr FireFellow44 120
More from around the web