Black People Who Think They Are Mixed

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 29
Next Last
Need Not Know

Beckton, UK

#1 Sep 28, 2008
I have notice many black people on this forum associating straight nose and small lips with European or calling it mixed features how wrong you are, didn't you know that a black man is the original Adam forget the euro centric view yes Adam was black and for all of you who needs whitey to confirm this they [white scientist] already have. Now back to your straight nose belief I have seen with my own eyes full blooded Africans from the South,West to the East with straight small nose and small lips, the lips are small but never thin like Euros so why do you associate small nose or lips with Europeans also you people claim us western blacks don't look west African lies, from Beyonce, Kelly Rowland Tyra Banks, Whoopie Goldberg, will smith and denzel Washington all these features are west African why do you think some believe West Africans to be most beautiful its because of this same diversity stop this stupidity now, you are ruing yourselves and sounding like idiots you all look west Africans yes all.
Need Not Know

Beckton, UK

#2 Sep 28, 2008
A lot of you who think you are mixed are not you just inherited one of the many west African features that's why some of our brothers that we share the same parents with have features that looks different compared to each other some of our siblings might have flat or broad nose while some have straight small nose stop the self hating wanting to be mixed bullshit time to love your self and your diversity.
Need Not Know

Beckton, UK

#3 Sep 28, 2008
And for those of you who believe lighter skin mean mixed you are just as wrong as those who thinks straight nose mean mixed
nijel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#4 Sep 29, 2008
Good thread, a poster with the alias 'Khalisa' says all African-Americans are mixed

http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/TUD1OH52NITLA...

Hating their blackness and thinking white blood is superior

Since: Jan 08

D i s p l a c e d A f r i c a

#5 Sep 29, 2008
I dont look west african

“Refuting Stereotypes Daily”

Level 1

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#6 Sep 29, 2008
PrinceJamal wrote:
I dont look west african
look again

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#7 Sep 29, 2008
Well we just about all are another race since most of our ancestors were raped.

“PREGNANT AND STILL A QTGIRL”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 29, 2008
PrinceJamal wrote:
I dont look west african
Yes you do dear lol ! West Africans are diverse. I'm African-American and you could easily fit into my family. Take a look at the Fulanis and Tuaregs in west Africa.

“Whatever”

Since: Apr 08

none of your business

#9 Sep 29, 2008
Need Not Know wrote:
I have notice many black people on this forum associating straight nose and small lips with European or calling it mixed features how wrong you are, didn't you know that a black man is the original Adam forget the euro centric view yes Adam was black and for all of you who needs whitey to confirm this they [white scientist] already have. Now back to your straight nose belief I have seen with my own eyes full blooded Africans from the South,West to the East with straight small nose and small lips, the lips are small but never thin like Euros so why do you associate small nose or lips with Europeans also you people claim us western blacks don't look west African lies, from Beyonce, Kelly Rowland Tyra Banks, Whoopie Goldberg, will smith and denzel Washington all these features are west African why do you think some believe West Africans to be most beautiful its because of this same diversity stop this stupidity now, you are ruing yourselves and sounding like idiots you all look west Africans yes all.
It is not about just looking mixed it's about us knowing people like beyonce is of mixed race ancestry. Some people hate to admit it but the originals slaves were all very dark skin with short kinky hair. But since many of us are mixed this has caused a diversity in our looks. And I wish you africans would stop trying to claim you created every look because you did not especially not in african americans.

“Maryland Chic”

Fort Washington Maryland

#10 Sep 29, 2008
There are so many good points in this thread. I get tired of hearing the same crap myself. Just because someone may have a smaller, or straighter nose and a nice grade of hair you hear others claiming they're mixed with something other than black, and at times people even claim it for themselves even if it isn't true. People love to call Beyonce and Tyra Banks mixed just because they have a light caramel complexion and blond weave. I just don't get it. Not all blacks have wide noses and thick full lips and just because they don't possess those traits doesn't mean that they are not black. Like I've said, Beyonce is no more mixed than most of the black females in the whole TOPIX forum..lol. I do't see why people keep trying to claim her as such just because reportedly her mom said they had some creole blood in them. Hell, in that case me along with most blacks are mixed to when we trace our ancestors.

Location hidden

#11 Sep 29, 2008
Alexia301 wrote:
There are so many good points in this thread. I get tired of hearing the same crap myself. Just because someone may have a smaller, or straighter nose and a nice grade of hair you hear others claiming they're mixed with something other than black, and at times people even claim it for themselves even if it isn't true. People love to call Beyonce and Tyra Banks mixed just because they have a light caramel complexion and blond weave. I just don't get it. Not all blacks have wide noses and thick full lips and just because they don't possess those traits doesn't mean that they are not black. Like I've said, Beyonce is no more mixed than most of the black females in the whole TOPIX forum..lol. I do't see why people keep trying to claim her as such just because reportedly her mom said they had some creole blood in them. Hell, in that case me along with most blacks are mixed to when we trace our ancestors.
Girl, my family is from New Orleans and we are Creoles but we consider ourselves black. Creole just means that were are descended from the French or Spanish settlers/colonizers of Louisiana and speak the Creole French language. You're right, we're mixed just any other African-American. Beyonce's grandparents are from Louisiana. I know I check off black on ALL my applications without fail.

“Maryland Chic”

Fort Washington Maryland

#12 Sep 29, 2008
qtgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Girl, my family is from New Orleans and we are Creoles but we consider ourselves black. Creole just means that were are descended from the French or Spanish settlers/colonizers of Louisiana and speak the Creole French language. You're right, we're mixed just any other African-American. Beyonce's grandparents are from Louisiana. I know I check off black on ALL my applications without fail.
Exactly! More good points...and thanks for responding :)
clarke

Chicago, IL

#13 Sep 29, 2008
QueenofTheNile wrote:
Well we just about all are another race since most of our ancestors were raped.
You look exactly like my ghanian girlfriend
Need Not Know

Beckton, UK

#14 Sep 29, 2008
Danequa wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not about just looking mixed it's about us knowing people like beyonce is of mixed race ancestry. Some people hate to admit it but the originals slaves were all very dark skin with short kinky hair. But since many of us are mixed this has caused a diversity in our looks. And I wish you africans would stop trying to claim you created every look because you did not especially not in African americans.
It's funny how because I'm proud of my heritage you assume I'm African again like I said before every feature you find in western blacks are found in Africa stop claiming mix ancestry to make your self hating self feel better be proud of who you are.

“The Ah-Nizzle”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

Los Angeles

#15 Sep 29, 2008
I`m mixed with portugese in my family tree on my moms side, but i`m darker than everyone who posted up a pic besides sooner or later. Here`s what i find very intresting amongst African-Americans. AA`s bloodlines are not as tainted as Blacktinos. Latin colonies didn`t have such a big influx of immigrants until the early 19th century, essentially having one immigrant wave. America had two immigrant waves. Since that was the case in most pre-independance Latin American nations, you had a huge slave population and a very small white population (with very few whitewomen to mate with) that the White French, Spaniards, and Portuguese had greater access to blacks to either mate with (mutaully agreed) or slave rapes. In America it wasn`t the same because there were enough whitewomen for whitemen. The rampat slave raping amongst AA`s can is justified, but even more outside of America. Put a so called "blacktino" next to a AA and the majority of the time the Blacktino will be mixed more. Also AA`s need to realize that all of yall aint mixed with indian. If you really aunistly think about it, then it`s a head scratcher. Indians weren`t allowed on plantations and thier populations were dwindled around plantations so the slaves wouldn`t have a safe haven to run too. And the only way AA`s would have interaction amongst indians is either they escaped, moved to Canada, escaped and moved up north or west, or after slavery. All those option besides the fact of slavery ending was damn near impossible to do. Whitemen had way more interaction with indians than we ver did and mated with them more. Unless you can provde it to me personally, then i believe no black woman/man who says they are mixed with indian
Need Not Know

Beckton, UK

#16 Sep 29, 2008
King Ahzi wrote:
I`m mixed with portugese in my family tree on my moms side, but i`m darker than everyone who posted up a pic besides sooner or later. Here`s what i find very intresting amongst African-Americans. AA`s bloodlines are not as tainted as Blacktinos. Latin colonies didn`t have such a big influx of immigrants until the early 19th century, essentially having one immigrant wave. America had two immigrant waves. Since that was the case in most pre-independance Latin American nations, you had a huge slave population and a very small white population (with very few whitewomen to mate with) that the White French, Spaniards, and Portuguese had greater access to blacks to either mate with (mutaully agreed) or slave rapes. In America it wasn`t the same because there were enough whitewomen for whitemen. The rampat slave raping amongst AA`s can is justified, but even more outside of America. Put a so called "blacktino" next to a AA and the majority of the time the Blacktino will be mixed more. Also AA`s need to realize that all of yall aint mixed with indian. If you really aunistly think about it, then it`s a head scratcher. Indians weren`t allowed on plantations and thier populations were dwindled around plantations so the slaves wouldn`t have a safe haven to run too. And the only way AA`s would have interaction amongst indians is either they escaped, moved to Canada, escaped and moved up north or west, or after slavery. All those option besides the fact of slavery ending was damn near impossible to do. Whitemen had way more interaction with indians than we ver did and mated with them more. Unless you can provde it to me personally, then i believe no black woman/man who says they are mixed with indian
King Ahzi when you try to tell these people this they will try to tell you some sort of bull about great great great grand mother and so on it's sad and pathetic that some of these people aren't proud of who they are they will also tell you no light brown people came of the slave ship, yet I once saw a south African tribe this is a tribe that does not mix and most of them were light brown, even on some of the African Islands there are light brown people I guess that everyone deals with discrimination differently some us of get stronger some of us claim white ancestry to feel better about ourselves but they need to stop this bull.

“The Ah-Nizzle”

Level 2

Since: Nov 07

Los Angeles

#17 Sep 29, 2008
Need Not Know wrote:
<quoted text>King Ahzi when you try to tell these people this they will try to tell you some sort of bull about great great great grand mother and so on it's sad and pathetic that some of these people aren't proud of who they are they will also tell you no light brown people came of the slave ship, yet I once saw a south African tribe this is a tribe that does not mix and most of them were light brown, even on some of the African Islands there are light brown people I guess that everyone deals with discrimination differently some us of get stronger some of us claim white ancestry to feel better about ourselves but they need to stop this bull.
It`s an old issue of the slavemaster imposinf his ideologies on a oppressed group that wasn`t allowed to read or write for centuries. That oppressed group being enslaved Africans. I know what i`m mixed with but alot of people don`t....

Location hidden

#18 Sep 29, 2008
Need Not Know wrote:
<quoted text>King Ahzi when you try to tell these people this they will try to tell you some sort of bull about great great great grand mother and so on it's sad and pathetic that some of these people aren't proud of who they are they will also tell you no light brown people came of the slave ship, yet I once saw a south African tribe this is a tribe that does not mix and most of them were light brown, even on some of the African Islands there are light brown people I guess that everyone deals with discrimination differently some us of get stronger some of us claim white ancestry to feel better about ourselves but they need to stop this bull.
I believe you about that group in south African. I think it's in Zimbabwe right ? My friend had a pic of this boy who was caramel brown with light brown eyes and said he was pure African. I know they exist. In my case, there's alot going on. I don't have to go to a great grandparents at all. Still, I'm a black woman.

“Whatever”

Since: Apr 08

none of your business

#19 Sep 29, 2008
Need Not Know wrote:
<quoted text>It's funny how because I'm proud of my heritage you assume I'm African again like I said before every feature you find in western blacks are found in Africa stop claiming mix ancestry to make your self hating self feel better be proud of who you are.
Believe it or not I actually agreed with some of your points. I am a pure blood negro as far as I know with no trace of caucasion blood. However I have the thin lips and nose as well.

“reppin' dat 2up 2 down”

Since: Sep 07

Va

#20 Sep 29, 2008
clarke wrote:
<quoted text>
You look exactly like my ghanian girlfriend
Oh really?lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 29
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White Devil rapes and murders 6 month baby 5 min Lotus Fury 1
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 7 min www 122,350
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Incognito4Ever 1,252,396
Black girls!!!we're not taking your men! we've ... 12 min y3llabo14 213
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 19 min johnplustwomore 2,399
Are black people really the real jews? (Oct '12) 30 min Uknorenzo 423
Wake up! "AFRICAN AMERICANS" are not AFRICAN. (Feb '11) 31 min johnplustwomore 1,722
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 39 min Mikemike 34,400
Are black guys the most cuckholded men in the w... 3 hr iamcuriousnow 42
White mom still breastfeeds her 3 year old. 3 hr iamcuriousnow 33
More from around the web