Can African American's get head lice?

Jan 26, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Examiner.com

While there's been a lot of news about the recent bed bug outbreaks, head lice has gotten lost in the noise.

Comments
1 - 20 of 199 Comments Last updated Monday Jul 28
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

1

African AmericanS, not African American's.

Learn to edit, shmuck.
Left hook

Suisun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Blacks dont wash their hair so the lice die as soon as they land on it.
Left hook

Suisun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 26, 2014
 
The lice either die or are bounced off into space.

“I support Cystic Fibrosis.”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

LIce prefer the dog-lie hair of you albinos.

“I support Cystic Fibrosis.”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jan 26, 2014
 
like*

“SASSYANDTRASHY”

Since: Jan 14

IS A WHITE WOMAN!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 26, 2014
 
U want a truthful answer? Yes and no.Europeans brought the head lice we have here in america from Europe when they made the trip.because of that,lice have(round) claws specially adapted to fit the shape of their hair follicles(also round).our hair follicles are oval.so yes we can get hair lice,but they prefer European hair.
Unique2

Macon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

2

"Can African-Americans Get Head Lice?"

From my personal experience, no. I'm black and I've never known a black person to have hair lice, African-American hair is tightly coiled and ,therefore, wouldn't be the ideal environment for lice to make their home.
Zombie Corpse Rental

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 26, 2014
 
Sassykaat wrote:
U want a truthful answer? Yes and no.Europeans brought the head lice we have here in america from Europe when they made the trip.because of that,lice have(round) claws specially adapted to fit the shape of their hair follicles(also round).our hair follicles are oval.so yes we can get hair lice,but they prefer European hair.
FINALLY somebody gives a factual answer around here.

Thank you.

http://headlicecenter.com/can-black-people-ge...

“Two Horse Guy in a”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

One Horse Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

1

ugly monkeys wrote:
<quoted text>true, africa has its own breed of lice for nixxxer hair and head lice is far more of a problem in america or europe.
So among other things you are an expert on headlice you are a genius

“I support Cystic Fibrosis.”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 26, 2014
 
Zombie Corpse Rental wrote:
<quoted text>FINALLY somebody gives a factual answer around here.
Thank you.
http://headlicecenter.com/can-black-people-ge...
ROFL we all know blacks can get head lice dummy. But they prefer your dog-like hair.

Are YOU the last to know this? LOL
Drilling for the nerve

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The texture of hair on a black person's head resembles the texture of pubic hair. Head lice can't grasp or cling to it because the shaft of a pubic hair is too thick. Black people may get head lice, but the head lice won't survive and reproduce.

On the other hand, and this is the secret black people don't want you to know, blacks can AND DO get pubic lice in the hair on their heads.

It's the texture of hair that matters to lice, not the location.
Sir Jethro

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

1

They get them, but in between running around acting stupid, swinging from tree limbs, beating on their chest,stealing, murdering etc. they groom each other and eat the head lice and other insects.

“Two Horse Guy in a”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

One Horse Town

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 26, 2014
 
Sir Jethro wrote:
They get them, but in between running around acting stupid, swinging from tree limbs, beating on their chest,stealing, murdering etc. they groom each other and eat the head lice and other insects.
Jethrom I bet you're an expert on headlice
Left hook

Suisun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 26, 2014
 
Drilling for the nerve wrote:
The texture of hair on a black person's head resembles the texture of pubic hair. Head lice can't grasp or cling to it because the shaft of a pubic hair is too thick. Black people may get head lice, but the head lice won't survive and reproduce.
On the other hand, and this is the secret black people don't want you to know, blacks can AND DO get pubic lice in the hair on their heads.
It's the texture of hair that matters to lice, not the location.
Wouldnt pubic lice be called crabs?.

“The REAL Founding Fathers!!!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Oakland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 26, 2014
 
Anyone can get head lice but......

'In the United States, infestation with head lice is much less common among African-Americans than among persons of other races, possibly because the claws of the of the head louse found most frequently in the United States are better adapted for grasping the shape and width of the hair shaft of other races.'

http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/lice/head/gen_in...
Black Deal

Oklahoma City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Look aint no head lice on black folks Some black folks get that ringworm shit

“Freedom”

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jan 26, 2014
 
Yes but only from someone who has lice otherwise NO.

“I support Cystic Fibrosis.”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Black Deal wrote:
Look aint no head lice on black folks Some black folks get that ringworm shit
Oh great the pretend black guy is black.

“I support Cystic Fibrosis.”

Level 4

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

back*
michele

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jan 26, 2014
 

Judged:

3

1

1

Unique2 wrote:
"Can African-Americans Get Head Lice?"
From my personal experience, no. I'm black and I've never known a black person to have hair lice, African-American hair is tightly coiled and ,therefore, wouldn't be the ideal environment for lice to make their home.
Those spawns of satan get lice because they are the DEVIL.

. those pigskins want to flip all their degenerate defects on us.

They are gonna DEMAND we have lice whether we have it or not

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
Ashburn Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••