Economic Program(Elijah Muhammad)

Economic Program(Elijah Muhammad)

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Capricorn Black

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

they comfort me

#1 Dec 24, 2012
Since the Sun is now in materialistic Capricorn(tropical system).Let's talk about money..dinero.

Messenger Elijah Muhammad from His 1965 Book entitled ‘Message to the Black Man in America’–Section: Economic Program wrote

How To Make An Economic Program Successful

It is very hard for an economist to plan a wise program and see his plans carried out, because the so-called American Negroes’ economics are controlled by the white man. The white man owns the country and the industry. He is manufacturer and producer of everything. Now, it is difficult to plan an economic program for a dependent people who, for all their lives, have tried to live like the white man.

The first step the so-called Negro wage-earners should take is to spend only when necessary and according to their income. They should save as much of their salaries as possible – weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. We, as wage-earners, should always plan to save something from whatever we are paid. Do not become extravagant spenders like the rich, who own the country and everything in it. It is sheer ignorance for us to try to compete in luxury with the owners.

If we can save just five cents a day from our wages, 25 cents a week,$1.00 a month – that would mean $13.00 a year we could save in a national savings bank. We number around 22 million and approximately five million are wage-earners. If five million wage-earners saved $13.00 a year, this would mean $65 million saved out of our wages. At the rate of 25 cents per week, it would be painless. But the so-called Negroes do not have that in a national bank.

If five million wage-earners saved just $47.00 per year, they could save $235 million dollars a year. And this figure would be far greater if we included extravagant buying of clothes, furniture and cars. Eating the hog, the Divinely forbidden flesh which keeps us filled with arthritis, rheumatism, high blood pressure and fever makes unnecessary doctor and drug bills. All of this wasteful spending should be checked and you will see within a one-year period that you have not saved one billion dollars, but several billions.

The economical way to use the money you save is first to buy farm land and produce your own food. You can raise enough cattle, sheep, cows and chickens by the thousands if you try following our program. We could cut down on our clothing bills –some of us by about 30 percent – and yet be well-dressed. Again in this way we could build a national savings bank from deposits for ourselves, and invest our money in the purchase of necessary things for our nation. Then, you could cut down your present high cost of living.

Purchase real estate, buy farm and timberland. Convert the timber into lumber and build homes for yourselves as the white man is doing. Of course, he will have the authority over whether or not to sell the land to you. Get clay land. With marsh clay land and hill clay, you can make your own bricks. Bricks are inexpensive to make once you get your kiln built and tracks laid. The greatest expense would be coal or gas to fire your bricks. Build brick homes for your own people and sell them to your people at a very reasonable price.

Try and save your people from unnecessary high-price buying. Take your cotton to the mills and have it converted into lint. And take the lint to the textile mills and have it converted into cloth. You are very smart. We have many technicians among us who are about as smart as they come. Why shouldn’t we get together and produce something for ourselves?

-Messenger Elijah Muhammad (peace be upon him) From his 1965 book “Message to the Black Man in America” section “Economic Program”

Capricorn Black

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

they comfort me

#2 Dec 24, 2012
The juws picked a perfect time for such a materialistic holiday as christmass..

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#3 Dec 24, 2012
Say what you want about crazy black muslims but I can admit that they are smart and this was very brilliant of Mr Muhammad.

Capricorn Black

“Thy rod and thy staff ”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

they comfort me

#4 Dec 24, 2012
They say capricorns are money wise in general,others say stingy,or frugal(depending on your view)

Y'all don't know nun about this..
"These last two dollars..I'm not gonna lose"(Johny Taylor)

http://m.youtube.com/watch...
Enjoy while you sip that eggnog and hennessy.
Cap Black

United States

#5 Dec 24, 2012
sassyntrashy wrote:
Say what you want about crazy black muslims but I can admit that they are smart and this was very brilliant of Mr Muhammad.
Why do you use the words "crazy" yet "smart" in the same sentence? You always take these backhanded shot towards so-called black people in your posts. Of coarse,most of us who've been on this forum long enough know you're a white male posting as a black women.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#6 Dec 24, 2012
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you use the words "crazy" yet "smart" in the same sentence? You always take these backhanded shot towards so-called black people in your posts. Of coarse,most of us who've been on this forum long enough know you're a white male posting as a black women.
I am a Bw and I don't have to agree with other blacks to prove it.
Cap Black

United States

#7 Dec 28, 2012
So the sun is in capricorn and the moon is in its opposite sign cancer. Both of these signs more than others know to save money for a rainy/cold winter day.

aZiya

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 Dec 28, 2012
Some years ago I read a blueprint for black power by Amos Wilson, and this part about Elijah Muhammad stuck out to me

The Nation of Islam while under the leadership of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and now under that of the Honorable Louis Farrakhan is a remarkable case in point. Muhammad was a nation indeed. As noted by Emerge magazine:

Elijah preached mythology but rooted himself in solid ground. His motto was do for self. And he did just that. He ruled over 76 temples nationwide and 50,000 to 100,000 people. His nation owned 15,000 acres of farmland, a newspaper with a circulation of 500,000, several aircraft, a fish import business, restaurants, bakeries and supermarkets. A fire-eater with a whispery voice, Muhammad redeemed the disenfranchised in the ghetto, infusing them with pride.

The economic success story of the Nation of Islam (the Nation) is all the more remarkable in light of the general economic and intellectual level of its membership. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad himself completed only the third-grade. The economic and educational growth of the Nation of Islam, its growth as a religious body, and its political and social influence in the Black community and the United States hardly overstates the power that can be generated and exercised by a community that has a deep and abiding sense of nation and which comports itself as one.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#9 Feb 14, 2013
Some people go into debt trying to keep up with people who are already there (in debt).

Level 8

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#10 Feb 14, 2013
aZiya wrote:
Some years ago I read a blueprint for black power by Amos Wilson, and this part about Elijah Muhammad stuck out to me
The Nation of Islam while under the leadership of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and now under that of the Honorable Louis Farrakhan is a remarkable case in point. Muhammad was a nation indeed. As noted by Emerge magazine:
Elijah preached mythology but rooted himself in solid ground. His motto was do for self. And he did just that. He ruled over 76 temples nationwide and 50,000 to 100,000 people. His nation owned 15,000 acres of farmland, a newspaper with a circulation of 500,000, several aircraft, a fish import business, restaurants, bakeries and supermarkets. A fire-eater with a whispery voice, Muhammad redeemed the disenfranchised in the ghetto, infusing them with pride.
The economic success story of the Nation of Islam (the Nation) is all the more remarkable in light of the general economic and intellectual level of its membership. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad himself completed only the third-grade. The economic and educational growth of the Nation of Islam, its growth as a religious body, and its political and social influence in the Black community and the United States hardly overstates the power that can be generated and exercised by a community that has a deep and abiding sense of nation and which comports itself as one.
the noi was on a roll til the death of elijah muhammad. then came the power vacuum and in-fighting and law suits.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#11 Feb 15, 2013
aZiya wrote:
Some years ago I read a blueprint for black power by Amos Wilson, and this part about Elijah Muhammad stuck out to me
The Nation of Islam while under the leadership of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and now under that of the Honorable Louis Farrakhan is a remarkable case in point. Muhammad was a nation indeed. As noted by Emerge magazine:
Elijah preached mythology but rooted himself in solid ground. His motto was do for self. And he did just that. He ruled over 76 temples nationwide and 50,000 to 100,000 people. His nation owned 15,000 acres of farmland, a newspaper with a circulation of 500,000, several aircraft, a fish import business, restaurants, bakeries and supermarkets. A fire-eater with a whispery voice, Muhammad redeemed the disenfranchised in the ghetto, infusing them with pride.
The economic success story of the Nation of Islam (the Nation) is all the more remarkable in light of the general economic and intellectual level of its membership. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad himself completed only the third-grade. The economic and educational growth of the Nation of Islam, its growth as a religious body, and its political and social influence in the Black community and the United States hardly overstates the power that can be generated and exercised by a community that has a deep and abiding sense of nation and which comports itself as one.
Good info. This is the same reason why the u.s gov bobmbed black wallstreet,and stopped what dr Malachi York was doing in Atlanta,when he had his own schools and black businesses.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

United States

#12 Feb 15, 2013
Great information
Barros Serrano

United States

#13 Feb 15, 2013
Cap Black wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you use the words "crazy" yet "smart" in the same sentence? You always take these backhanded shot towards so-called black people in your posts. Of coarse,most of us who've been on this forum long enough know you're a white male posting as a black women.
Personal attack aside, anyone can see that the NOI emits a lot of craziness. Yakub? Caves and hillsides? Devils? Gutter religion? Collaboration with FBI-COINTELPRO to kill Malcolm and destroy the BPP?

Yes, crazy is a good adjective for the evil dishonorable Elijah Muhammad and his racist NOI cult.
Barros Serrano

United States

#14 Feb 15, 2013
aZiya wrote:
Some years ago I read a blueprint for black power by Amos Wilson, and this part about Elijah Muhammad stuck out to me
The Nation of Islam while under the leadership of the Honorable Elijah Muhammad and now under that of the Honorable Louis Farrakhan is a remarkable case in point. Muhammad was a nation indeed. As noted by Emerge magazine:
Elijah preached mythology but rooted himself in solid ground. His motto was do for self. And he did just that. He ruled over 76 temples nationwide and 50,000 to 100,000 people. His nation owned 15,000 acres of farmland, a newspaper with a circulation of 500,000, several aircraft, a fish import business, restaurants, bakeries and supermarkets. A fire-eater with a whispery voice, Muhammad redeemed the disenfranchised in the ghetto, infusing them with pride.
The economic success story of the Nation of Islam (the Nation) is all the more remarkable in light of the general economic and intellectual level of its membership. The Honorable Elijah Muhammad himself completed only the third-grade. The economic and educational growth of the Nation of Islam, its growth as a religious body, and its political and social influence in the Black community and the United States hardly overstates the power that can be generated and exercised by a community that has a deep and abiding sense of nation and which comports itself as one.
Nothing has been accomplished by any of that except to fund the NOI itself. It's a scheme much like Scientology in that respect. Lots of rhetoric, much of it negative and divisive, and no action.

The isolationist approach of the NOI is just what the govt wants. Make sure you don't have a lot of whites and Jews trying to help the black movement. The BPP was doing that, and had a program based on real politics, was reaching out in the community, not to suck people into a con-game hate cult, but to attempt to advance the community.

NOI collaborated with FBI-COINTELPRO in the destruction of the Black Panther Party, because the BPP threatened the oppressive system. The NOI did and does not.

Farraklown: tool of the system, evil traitor, murderer.
Lucifer Says Fck Religion

Jacksonville, FL

#15 Feb 15, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>

NOI collaborated with FBI-COINTELPRO in the destruction of the Black Panther Party, because the BPP threatened the oppressive system. The NOI did and does not.
Provide proof, please...
Barros Serrano

United States

#16 Feb 15, 2013
Lucifer Says Fck Religion wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide proof, please...
There are a lot of sources for this. The NOI Fruitcakes of Islam were attacking the BPP in the streets in L.A. One of the main infiltrators of the BPP was simultaneously working for the FBI and an NOI member.

This is all well-known on the Left. The racist Ron Karenga's "Us Organization" likewise was used by the FBI in the war against the Panthers. Us members murdered L.A. Panther leader Bunchy Carter.

Culture nationalism, such as that of Us or the NOI, is a con game, designed to ensure no solidarity with other ethnic groups and to render sterile and impotent the black struggle. All of this is linked with covert govt teams and actions. It is analogous to what was done at Pine Ridge using FBI goons to destroy AIM.

The racism of the NOI and Us alone tells they are bogus and counter-revolutionary.

“Leading the Revolution”

Level 6

Since: Oct 09

United States

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Barros

Any opinion you have about any Islamic organization or it's people is flawed because you're against Islam and Muslims. You one can really take you seriously, you have no right to tell other people what they should believe.
Barros Serrano

United States

#18 Feb 15, 2013
dkanela wrote:
Barros
Any opinion you have about any Islamic organization or it's people is flawed because you're against Islam and Muslims. You one can really take you seriously, you have no right to tell other people what they should believe.
I have every right to vociferously oppose a radical racist hate cult such as the NOI which is propagating racism and divisiveness.

Furthermore, that organization has committed serious crimes as it sold out and collaborated with the FBI against the movement in the early 1970's.

The NOI really doesn't have much to do with Islam, per se. That is another issue. The Dishonorable rat bastard Farraklown, however, has repeatedly expressed support for global terrorists.

Elijah was a vile individual, Farraklown is just as bad, and the NOI is a rotten cult which deserves to be toasted in its own special Waco event.
Child of Satan

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Feb 15, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of sources for this. The NOI Fruitcakes of Islam were attacking the BPP in the streets in L.A. One of the main infiltrators of the BPP was simultaneously working for the FBI and an NOI member.
This is all well-known on the Left. The racist Ron Karenga's "Us Organization" likewise was used by the FBI in the war against the Panthers. Us members murdered L.A. Panther leader Bunchy Carter.
Culture nationalism, such as that of Us or the NOI, is a con game, designed to ensure no solidarity with other ethnic groups and to render sterile and impotent the black struggle. All of this is linked with covert govt teams and actions. It is analogous to what was done at Pine Ridge using FBI goons to destroy AIM.
The racism of the NOI and Us alone tells they are bogus and counter-revolutionary.
Interesting, and I'm going to look more into this.
Cap Black

Huntsville, AL

#20 Feb 15, 2013
Barros Serrano wrote:
<quoted text>
Personal attack aside, anyone can see that the NOI emits a lot of craziness. Yakub? Caves and hillsides? Devils? Gutter religion? Collaboration with FBI-COINTELPRO to kill Malcolm and destroy the BPP?
Yes, crazy is a good adjective for the evil dishonorable Elijah Muhammad and his racist NOI cult.
How come presidents take masonic oaths on the quaran?Your anti-islamic propoganda is a jewish one isnt it Barros?
J Edgar Hoover sporting the moorish fez
http://mindcontrolblackassassins.files.wordpr...

J. Edgar Hoover, Director of the FBI, was among an inner circle Knight of Malta. Knights of Malta are generally synonymous with the medieval Order of Knights of Malta also known as Knights Hospitaller or, among other names, Order of St. John.[31]

Just like the Pharaohs, the Pope has his own military advisors. The Jesuits are one of the Pope’s most important, aggressive and clandestine Military Orders of the Roman Catholic Church.

From a Jewish defector who was on the ''inside''.
http://www.sweetliberty.org/issues/israel/fre ...
Ladies and gentlemen, you are about to hear a very frightening speech. This speech is an explanation of the plans now being laid to throw the United States into a third world war. It was made a short time ago before a large group in the Congressional `Room of the Willard Hotel in Washington, D.C. Both the speech and the question and answer period later so electrified the audience that a group of patriots has transferred it to two long-playing records which you may buy to play for friends, clubs, and your church group in your community.
In other words, Christian boys are going to be yanked out of their homes, away from their families, and sent abroad to fight in Palestine against the Christian and Moslem Arabs who merely want to return to their homes. And these Christian boys are going to be asked to shoot to kill these innocent [Arab Palestinians] people who only want to follow out fifteen resolutions passed by the United Nations in the last twelve years calling upon the Zionists to allow these people to return to their homes.
Now, when United States troops appear in the Middle East to fight with the Zionists as their allies to prevent the return of these people who were evicted from their homes in the 1948 armed insurrection by the Zionists who were transplanted there from Eastern Europe... when that happens, the United States will trigger World War III

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 2 min Prophet Meowmed 390
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Aquarius-WY 1,640,334
Somebody explain the Volvo car commercial to me 17 min EVILmonkies 76
Studies show Jr Achievement White Boys accompli... 19 min EVILmonkies 14
Why do I have to tell WM/other races the Dumb t... 21 min EVILmonkies 1
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 22 min suppiluliuma 137,338
I got to get a life 24 min EVILmonkies 4
Three Words to Describe the Blacks 34 min Sarah 2nd Grade 79
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 38 min Jeremy 268
Can America Become 80% White Again? 7 hr AngloPinkboi 608
Jewish Supremacists And Their Shabbot Goy CUCKS... 8 hr el rey de los cam... 39
More from around the web