The Civil War Is Over: Let The Battle...

The Civil War Is Over: Let The Battle Flag Be

There are 4050 comments on the Free Republic story from Nov 24, 2011, titled The Civil War Is Over: Let The Battle Flag Be. In it, Free Republic reports that:

Over the past several months, the NAACP has launched a campaign against the Confederate Battle Flag by protesting its presence at the South Carolina statehouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

“Behave Yourself”

Level 5

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#4526 Apr 10, 2014
MISTER oH to you wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you did.
I just asked a question you were ashamed to answer.
<quoted text>
There's no television promotion for the CFB, either, numbskull.....
I didn't feel it was necessary to directly respond to a question where you already knew the answer, however, if it makes you feel better, no, I was not made spokesperson. A little friendly advice here, if you're offended by a tv commercial for Black History Month, change the channel or turn off your set. There's no switch that removes a mounted flag. By the way, is name calling really necessary?

Since: Jul 13

Tucker, GA

#4528 Apr 17, 2014
Edthirty wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as the offending flag is not displayed on public property unless as a museum piece, then you're correct, place it anywhere on your own private property.
Right you are. If those Confederate loser want to display it on their own properrty or use it for toilet paper to wipe their unkept rears, they are free to do so, Lol!

Level 1

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4530 Jun 24, 2015
:-)
Big Bad John Roberts

Philadelphia, PA

#4531 Jul 1, 2015
Savant wrote:
THE DEBATE IS OVER!
Slavery was evil. The Confderacy was evil. The Confederate flag is a symbol of evil.
At least THAT evil was defeated in history. History has moved on. It's high time you reactionaries moved on as well--or at least move out of the way of progress.
The debate is over.
The Confederate hag is for loosers and religous zealots

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#4532 Jul 1, 2015
Big Bad John Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
religous zealots
LMAO!
Donny Brook

Bastrop, TX

#4533 Jul 4, 2015
Sinajuavi wrote:
The Civil War is over! You demonic slaving secessionists lost!
So shove that stinking Confederat Battle Rag up your satanic asses and stop offending decent people with it!
You're not claiming to be a decent person, are you? I don't think insulting uneducated morons is any different that stepping on a snail and you're one or the other.
Donny Brook

Bastrop, TX

#4534 Jul 4, 2015
<quoted text>
Can't expect intelligence or common sense from a jiggaroo in Philly, can we?
Devil in my wifes memory

Brooklyn, NY

#4536 Jul 4, 2015
Donny Brook wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't expect intelligence or common sense from a jiggaroo in Philly, can we?
Or a trailer ho in Huntsville,Ala
pathetic

Cleveland, OH

#4537 Jul 6, 2015
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as soon we don't have to look at that hideous mexican rag of a banner flying anywhere near the stars and stripes.
The stars and bars are a helluva lot more american and patriotic that the mexican POS.
so why aren't u dumbasses wanting the American flag taken down it was around during slavery or is that something else down the road u dumbass slow black people will want next he'll that's the one mistake that one white president did was to give u ungreatful people freedom and yes it was a white guy a white guy a white guy not one of your own kind he'll they were getting selling u idiots and u people blame white people because u all can't make it in the real world and one more time it was a WHITE GUY a WHITE GUY who gave u freedom not your own kind u idiots listen to tax cheat al Sharpton Hussein Obama and Jessie the Jack ass Jackson does not make a lot of sense
Big Bad Sotomayor

Washington, DC

#4538 Jul 6, 2015
pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>so why aren't u dumbasses wanting the American flag taken down it was around during slavery or is that something else down the road u dumbass slow black people will want next he'll that's the one mistake that one white president did was to give u ungreatful people freedom and yes it was a white guy a white guy a white guy not one of your own kind he'll they were getting selling u idiots and u people blame white people because u all can't make it in the real world and one more time it was a WHITE GUY a WHITE GUY who gave u freedom not your own kind u idiots listen to tax cheat al Sharpton Hussein Obama and Jessie the Jack ass Jackson does not make a lot of sense
I thought our freedom came from our creator?
Mexican millionaire

Washington, DC

#4539 Jul 6, 2015
See wrote:
The South will never, ever rise again lol, they wasn't shit then and still ain't shit lol
Viva Mexican Flag at the Alamo!!

Level 7

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4540 Jul 7, 2015
swedenforever wrote:
Progressive media is small and insignifigant? Why does Clan/Con media keeps talking about them..oh theyre in election shock
But who doesn't get choked up, about CNN's Cops Bad/Blacks Good programming?
Big Bad Ginsburg

Hyattsville, MD

#4541 Jul 7, 2015
ACA defeats GOPoontang. 2011/2015
rebel111

United States

#4543 Jul 10, 2015
Go Dixie!!
rebel111

United States

#4544 Jul 10, 2015
<quoted text>
Get off the power trip you good for nothing rotten tramp bum bimbo retch scoundral and old troll and I have no use for you!
rebel111

United States

#4546 Jul 10, 2015
Mexican millionaire wrote:
<quoted text>
Viva Mexican Flag at the Alamo!!
The south will rise again! You are q good for nothing rotten tramp bum retch and scoundrel and old troll and I have no use for you! Go Dixie!!
rebel111

United States

#4547 Jul 10, 2015
Go Dixie!!!

“GOTCHA”

Level 2

Since: Jul 13

IN UR HEAD

#4548 Jul 10, 2015
rebel111 wrote:
<quoted text>
Get off the power trip you good for nothing rotten tramp bum bimbo retch scoundral and old troll and I have no use for you!
u maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad and boring cut and paster troll!!!!!
Sell your Virginity

Washington, DC

#4549 Jul 13, 2015
rebel111 wrote:
Go Dixie!!
back to the trailer park with your pimp
Virgil Caine is my name

Moreno Valley, CA

#4551 Jul 13, 2015
pathetic wrote:
<quoted text>so why aren't u dumbasses wanting the American flag taken down it was around during slavery or is that something else down the road u dumbass slow black people will want next he'll that's the one mistake that one white president did was to give u ungreatful people freedom and yes it was a white guy a white guy a white guy not one of your own kind he'll they were getting selling u idiots and u people blame white people because u all can't make it in the real world and one more time it was a WHITE GUY a WHITE GUY who gave u freedom not your own kind u idiots listen to tax cheat al Sharpton Hussein Obama and Jessie the Jack ass Jackson does not make a lot of sense
They make alot of sense to that crowd at the lower end of the IQ scale.

What do you do with people unable to grasp logic and sense and as violent as they are?
Entitlements didn't help, integration did nothing, elevating their self esteem was worthless.

Genetically alter them? Like corn? Would it be worth it? Would modifying the internal cranial dimensions make up for millenia of non-evolution? Likely end up futile I think, just looking at what your starting with doesn't give much chance for success.

Maybe the humane society has the answer.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Nameless 1,744,261
This is why Negroes must go 52 min FireFellow44 38
Two loitering Starbucks arrested. Race card pu... 56 min FireFellow44 177
"The First 48 Hours" and "Crime 360" Designed... (Jun '09) 56 min Really 168
Why do American Blacks think they're Egyptians? (Apr '12) 1 hr FireFellow44 3,792
ATTN: Dew Claw is Barros' New Name 1 hr FireFellow44 9
STARBUCK'S Strikes Back! 1 hr FireFellow44 9
Barbara Bush passes away 1 hr FireFellow44 49
If slavery were reinstated would you even want ... 10 hr Fireyfellow44 73
Todays dead mudshark story 12 hr coretta 84