why do african americans hate africans
different

Bronx, NY

#11713 Aug 17, 2013
TruDru wrote:
African, and African-Caribbean Women are jealous of African-American Women this Thread proves it and so does this one. Because African, & African-Caribbean Women are Jealous of the better Women the stats prove it on this thread: www.topix.com/forum/afam/THC52QSS64N2FTBM8 I have seen this a lot lately
Oh my gosh are you serious what is there to be jealous of...we have almost similar features. And its also funny how you use the word "African" to describe us all.
Dora

Dubai, UAE

#11714 Aug 25, 2013
Black Like You wrote:
I am an African American female and I am appalled at the bickering I see posted here. I have always wondered how Africans felt about African Americans. In college, I had many African friends and I always felt welcomed and part of the group. Of course, they spoke many more languages than I, so at times I did feel left out of conversations. Then, I had some African friends claim me as family and tried desperately to connect me to their countries. I never asked, "How do you feel," because I thought I knew.
On the other hand, I am envious of our African brothers and sisters. As African Americans, I still feel as if we don't belong and are displaced. Our African counterparts have a history and a connection to the homeland that I wish we African Americans could have. They have the language of the fathers, the customs, and the family connections. They have a home. A home that many of us will never be able to return to.
Here in America, we have practically nothing. All that was not taken from us, we have had to give up in order to belong. And in many ways we still do not belong.
I would love to see Africans and African Americans reunite as brothers and sisters. A virtual homecoming.
Amen. May we see the brothers and sisters in each other and love each other once again
Blacks are Racist

San Diego, CA

#11715 Aug 25, 2013
African Americans express there self hate outwardly onto Africans who end up surpassing them & outperforming them in their own country! Most Africans are indifferent to AA's but AA's have a victim mentality & major insecurity issues & like to project onto & blame others for their own issues! Quit being so sensitive & thinking everyone has time to waste on hating on your sill asses! Seriously get your priorities straighten! AA's display a infantile mind set & think have fragile skin! If the wind blows the wrong way they feel slighted! SMH

“The Truthfighter Emcee”

Level 4

Since: Nov 08

Birmingham, England, UK

#11716 Aug 25, 2013
different wrote:
<quoted text> Oh my gosh are you serious what is there to be jealous of...we have almost similar features. And its also funny how you use the word "African" to describe us all.
Then why do you have Boards in which so many of us are Dissing AA Women? Explain that everytime I walk around I see AA and Caribbean Blacks Teardown AA Women? Why do we keep on picking on African-Americans what have they done to us for us to envy them so much?
Itu

South Africa

#11717 Aug 26, 2013
We most Africans look up 4 AAs, especially celebrities which we c most of them as our role models & heroes. So wat I fail to understand is that why do AAs hate us, don't appreciate us & despite us a lot? Bcos at the ultimate end we the ones supporting them by buying their music records & movies which makes them filthy rich. Couple of years ago, Ja-rule came to perform in SA, & he treated everybody in SA like dirt not giving a damn we were his fans or not. So I just wanna let AAs know that if that's how it is, then we proud SAs don't give damn, we have our own pride. You AAs are not our God, we just see you as another black human beings who needs more knowledge & stop being ignorant about SAs and acting as if you love Nelson Mandela for your own stupid reasons

“The Truthfighter Emcee”

Level 4

Birmingham, England, UK

#11720 Sep 6, 2013
Itu wrote:
We most Africans look up 4 AAs, especially celebrities which we c most of them as our role models & heroes. So wat I fail to understand is that why do AAs hate us, don't appreciate us & despite us a lot? Bcos at the ultimate end we the ones supporting them by buying their music records & movies which makes them filthy rich. Couple of years ago, Ja-rule came to perform in SA, & he treated everybody in SA like dirt not giving a damn we were his fans or not. So I just wanna let AAs know that if that's how it is, then we proud SAs don't give damn, we have our own pride. You AAs are not our God, we just see you as another black human beings who needs more knowledge & stop being ignorant about SAs and acting as if you love Nelson Mandela for your own stupid reasons
Isn't South Africa overran by thieving Europeans (not all Europeans are bad) that claim to be south African, and are Oppressing Blacks?
Justice

Huntington, NY

#11721 Sep 6, 2013
don't you know that you are not your skin, it is the
soul that lives within and if you can't see passed it you have been deceived for hatred is knocking at your door.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#11722 Sep 8, 2013
Itu wrote:
First of all, it's a mistake to make generalizations about what 45 MILLIONS of African Americans think about Africans, just as it would be silly to make generalization about what 1 Billion Africans think about African-Americans.
A lot depends of the consciousness of people, and there are different levels of consciousness within any group.
Many African Americans were part of the anti-apartheid movement, and some of us went to jail for our militant protests at the South African embassy or places where officials of the South African racist regime met.
Pan-Africanism has been a sentiment among African Americans for at least a century.
Then, of course, there are backward American Blacks who do dislike Africans, as there are backward Africans who dislkke African Americans.
It would be better for all involved if we paid less attention to backward Black people (whose hatred for others is an expression of self-hatred) and focus on our common struggle and legacy of solidarity.
adolove

Oyster Bay, NY

#11723 Sep 13, 2013
I'm African let me tell u something before i lived in Switzerland nobody enslave me nd they were no AA TO to fight for freedom for African. Its because u were slaves that u have to fight for freedom nd if at that time i was in america i would be a SLAVE nd would ave to fight with u because we are all black but u ave to know that people don't view us the same ways because ave different history BUT WE ARE ALL BROTHERS ND SISTERS THAT FOR SURE.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#11724 Sep 15, 2013
adolove wrote:
I'm African let me tell u something before i lived in Switzerland nobody enslave me nd they were no AA TO to fight for freedom for African. Its because u were slaves that u have to fight for freedom nd if at that time i was in america i would be a SLAVE nd would ave to fight with u because we are all black but u ave to know that people don't view us the same ways because ave different history BUT WE ARE ALL BROTHERS ND SISTERS THAT FOR SURE.
Africa was, and still is, subject to the shackles of imperialism, of neocolonialism.
African-Americans are subject to American racial caste and econo ic exploitation, which some have described as a kind of "domestic colonialism." It's the SAME system, and I'm speaking of Africans and African-Amercans as WHOLE.
One can always point to exceptions--though some exceptions are not as exceptional as believed.

“The Truthfighter Emcee”

Level 4

Birmingham, England, UK

#11725 Sep 15, 2013
othello wrote:
hello am an african and i would want to know why u african american hate us africans.Sometimes am being called a pouch monkey or a spear chucker by some african americans coz of my african heritage.I asked an african american the other day why was the reason most of his compatriots hate us and he said maybe it might all boil down to the slave trade thing.So am asking you why the hatred on africans and why do u think all africans are dirty smelly and uneducated?
Funny enough the white americans seem to be nicer and civil when the meet non americans and the jamaicans are cool as well but the african americans think the africans are inferior to them..wtf
No you are Wrong it is we African-Caribbeans, and Africans that hate AAs and our Women are very Jealous of them: http://www.topix.com/forum/afam/THC52QSS64N2F... Still on a High Note more and more African, and us African-Caribbean Men are starting to more Marry AA Women because we are getting Tired of their own Women Marrying out with White Men claiming that they are better and disrespecting us; Even though we don't have any Issues with Interracial Marriage.
Steven

Toronto, Canada

#11726 Oct 7, 2013
I love the african american people i have the greatest respect for them
Jahn

San Pablo, CA

#11727 Oct 18, 2013
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>First of all, it's a mistake to make generalizations about what 45 MILLIONS of African Americans think about Africans, just as it would be silly to make generalization about what 1 Billion Africans think about African-Americans.
A lot depends of the consciousness of people, and there are different levels of consciousness within any group.
Many African Americans were part of the anti-apartheid movement, and some of us went to jail for our militant protests at the South African embassy or places where officials of the South African racist regime met.
Pan-Africanism has been a sentiment among African Americans for at least a century.
Then, of course, there are backward American Blacks who do dislike Africans, as there are backward Africans who dislkke African Americans.
It would be better for all involved if we paid less attention to backward Black people (whose hatred for others is an expression of self-hatred) and focus on our common struggle and legacy of solidarity.
Savant I totally agree. Simply put, it's just ignorance on both sides. Most of us American Blacks haven't met people from even a tenth of African countries. We just judge all Africans off the few we've met. Same with African Blacks. Generalizing, instead of taking the time to get to know each other. This is the classic slavery tactic of divide and conquer, and both sides continue to fall for it. Until we all rise above this ignorance of finger pointing and insults, this will continue. All Africans don't think they're better than us, and all American Blacks don't think Africans stink and are backwards jungle people. We're all just pawns in a larger game and we're to fighting each other to see it.
Nat Turner

Philippines

#11728 Oct 18, 2013
Because their Chicken is too Spicy!
Nat Turner

Philippines

#11729 Oct 18, 2013
And they paint their huts with Cow Dung! By HAND!
wil

United States

#11730 Oct 22, 2013
beautiful green Alien wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you.He does have brains and class.And why is it that a lot of Africans can speak more than one language?Where as in America they can only speak one??They have a lot to learn from the true BLACK AFRICANS.I adore the Africans but not the AAs...
Poor Africans.
Ahmad

Pittsburgh, PA

#11732 Dec 25, 2013
kaliana wrote:
<quoted text>this whole world is corrupt. And me being an american, i know the problems of my own country, and that is what i concern myself with. the fact that alot of foriegn people want to see the us fail, puts us up in arms. you want my country to fall, so you are my enemy. It's almost like you lay in wait for that to happen. America has it's faults, but is't still my country.
You are blind if you are black.
Dave

Alexandria, VA

#11733 Dec 25, 2013
Because black people have been waiting at the back of the social line. Some black people want to keep you in your place and let you know that you are not only down hear with us, but you have to get to the back of the social line.
BTW and FYI

Cleveland, OH

#11734 Dec 25, 2013
othello wrote:
hello am an african and i would want to know why u african american hate us africans.Sometimes am being called a pouch monkey or a spear chucker by some african americans coz of my african heritage.I asked an african american the other day why was the reason most of his compatriots hate us and he said maybe it might all boil down to the slave trade thing.So am asking you why the hatred on africans and why do u think all africans are dirty smelly and uneducated?
Funny enough the white americans seem to be nicer and civil when the meet non americans and the jamaicans are cool as well but the african americans think the africans are inferior to them..wtf
i don't hate Africans I love Africans it's whitey who hates you all they talk about are how black people have aids are stupid and subhuman when all of that is not true and all people aka humans came from people of color. All races I should say. The white people are just bringing out their prideful racist ways their old parents taught them. Stupid biggots. Thy haven't even been to africa all they see are those dumb commercials which want to make Africans seem dumb. They were taught to hate and that white is right. They can't even leave us a country of our own those pigs have to come to Africa too and colonize in South Africa and sht. It's too bad that one black dude died. The first black president in AFRICA really AFRICA! That's our country. You guys should just wipe them out I'm telling you they are only going to turn Africa into a new USA and a bad one. They mean nothing but trouble.
BTW and FYI

Cleveland, OH

#11735 Dec 25, 2013
I hope Africa gets some sense and quickly deprive whites of rights and not let them have anything just oppress them and mock them like they do here. Jesus Christ what evil devils they are. Thy are not worthy of existence that's why god is exterminating them we blacks mixing with them pies them out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min VetnorsGate 1,564,727
BM are the exact opposite of what they believe ... 4 min Got_Rope 3
Do you black people really think you're normal... 5 min KIP 6
Glit-toss results in good glit, Prison, lol. 5 min Crated and Shippe... 12
2019 will mark 400 years of the "Negroe" in Ame... (Dec '10) 7 min Due 70
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 7 min KIP 114
Can Blacks Be Impartial And Trusted Enough To ... 8 min Satan-Abuser of H... 64
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 38 min Dudley 817
Dan Snow: OJ is still so handsome. 4 hr Truth 38
More from around the web