of 4
Next Last

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#66 Nov 18, 2012
Blaq honey wrote:
I wear weave and my natural hair and I also go to the Egyptian salons and they do a great job of straightening my hair and it has bounce and looks great!!! I use weave to change up my hair styles and men love it!!! Sometimes I get a short weave kinda like the old school Halle Barry short style because I'm not cutting my own hair short! I also get the long straight Nikki Minaj hairstyle with the bangs and I get lots of attention from that!! Sometimes I wear the OMBRÉ style with a sew in omg that looks so cute!! So yes I weave and wear my own hair just like my white friend who wears weave sometimes only she calls it EXTENTIONS
I don't personally wear them, but I think the Beyonce style that looks so fake is what people should avoid. I can definitely understand wanting to change style or color and not wanting to do that to your natural hair, because nothing grows out slower than a bad haircut!

I know the white folks wear extensions all the time, especially the ponytails.

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#67 Nov 18, 2012
mojo jojo wrote:
My opinion? Go natural. Buy Black.
Buy from black weave vendors or black produced/owned products???Either way I agree.

“I'm a proud grandma”

Level 7

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#68 Nov 18, 2012
MeJustMeThatsAll wrote:
I think all black women should learn how to take care of thier natural hair.
Weaves an that are alright if you just want a change of style but not if your using it to cover up/hide your own hair because you don't know what the f*** to do with it.
Those who weave for the latter need to go and educate themselves.
Not everyone needs to wash their hair on a daily basis (experts advise against it) and who said you can't wash your scalp while wearing a weave/cornrows?
So true, but these trolls are clueless about hair and assume things that are not factual at all.
mojo jojo

La Jolla, CA

#69 Nov 18, 2012
BlkSelenaGomez wrote:
<quoted text>
Buy from black weave vendors or black produced/owned products???Either way I agree.
black owned products.
Anonymous

United States

#70 Nov 18, 2012
I have been natural going on a year now...but I can wash and blow dry my hair straight if I want which I do about 2 to 3 times a week! I love the diversity of my hair! I like it straight and I like my afro and if I want my twist...however Sometimes I like to put on a wig! I do not like weave caps, glue ins, lace fronts, or tracks! Im not damaging my hair to make anybody happy....oh and them damn awful invisible parts are ugly!

“Fooyre na fooDa Demngal saa e ”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#71 Nov 18, 2012
BlkSelenaGomez wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree i don't ever buy from those chinese stores,no matter how cheap they sell it

BlkSelenaGomez
Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#72 Nov 19, 2012
drugsaredumb wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree i don't ever buy from those chinese stores,no matter how cheap they sell it
Lol.Alot of Bw are starting to buy from black vendors.Its much better quality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman of Color recognize local graduates for ac... 2 min the city I hate 1
Black Men do Right by the Black Community stop ... 6 min Maceo 9
Question Maceo? Why are you not doing anything ... 8 min SadButTrue 1
over 30 bm in Brazil gang rape underaged woman 11 min UruEuWauWau 15
Angela Merkel to Nonwhites: Integration is a must 16 min UruEuWauWau 30
Question for White Dudes 33 min UruEuWauWau 12
"Stop the Violence" event ends in shootings. 35 min coretta lioness 9... 23
I do not like black men 1 hr SadButTrue 68
How black people lost Egypt. ------------------... 3 hr Mitzi 63
Jewish people appreciation thread. ------------... 5 hr Johnny 14