Why are there no black people in Game...

“Incoming Humor. :)”

Level 6

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#21 Oct 19, 2012
I read the books and I always thought that the Dothraki were suppose to be black people since that is how they were described in the book. Then I finally watched the show and it was a little disappointing to see that they were just white people with tans. :P Oh well.

“The Kingmaker”

Level 2

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#22 Oct 19, 2012
Black folks once again embarassing the Race. Stop begging these white mofos for inclusion into their establishments, do for yourself!! Dang!
jordon brown

South El Monte, CA

#23 Oct 19, 2012
Why weren't there any black people in the last samari.

In the the thirteen warrior not a single Viking was black

When everone knows the norsemen were brothers lol

Really what's next an all white porky and bess
Or shaka zula with a cast of wasps

A remake of braveheart staring will smith.

Come on there are good parts being done buy great black actors densel Morgan Cuba will Samuel let's not get petty it sounds to needy

Jahx
Level 8

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#24 Oct 20, 2012
Narcissus Cartwright 2 wrote:
Why?
You're wrong, honey.

'Salladhor Saan' is the black pirate character of Game of Thrones.

Jahx
Level 8

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#25 Oct 20, 2012
Reality Check wrote:
When Whites were building Castles, blacks were living in mud huts. Heck they still are today in Apeafrika.
What you know about Tchit-Wallata? Gondar? Kilwa Kisiwani?

Walls of Benin - 4 times longer than the Great Wall of China

The Walls of Benin were a combination of ramparts and moats, called Iya in the local language, used as a defense of the historical Benin City, formerly of the now defunct Kingdom of Benin and now the capital of the present-day Edo State of Nigeria. It was considered the largest man-made structure lengthwise and was hailed as the largest earthwork in the world. With more recent work by Patrick Darling, it has been established as the largest man-made structure in the world, larger than Sungbo's Eredo. It enclosed 6,500 km² of community lands. Its length was over 16,000 km of earth boundaries. It was estimated that earliest construction began in 800 AD and continued into the mid 1400's.

The walls are built of a ditch and dike structure; the ditch dug to form an inner moat with the excavated earth used to form the exterior rampart.
The Benin Walls were ravaged by the British in 1897 during what has come to be called the Punitive expedition. Scattered pieces of the structure remain in Edo, with the vast majority of them being used by the locals for building purposes. Sadly, what remains of the wall itself continues to be torn down for real estate developments.

The Walls of Benin City was the world's largest man-made structure. Fred Pearce wrote in New Scientist:
"They extend for some 16,000 kilometres in all, in a mosaic of more than 500 interconnected settlement boundaries. They cover 6,500 square kilometres and were all dug by the Edo people. In all, they are four times longer than the Great Wall of China, and consumed a hundred times more material than the Great Pyramid of Cheops. They took an estimated 150 million hours of digging to construct, and are perhaps the largest single archaeological phenomenon on the planet.

Pearce, Fred. African Queen. New Scientist, 11 September 1999, Issue 2203.

/\

You never biult a larger structure, piece of pork!
jenny b

Kent, OH

#26 Mar 6, 2013
people are sick of having apes crammed onto their TVs
hahahahahaha

Kent, OH

#27 Mar 6, 2013
hahahahahahahahaahahah, Whew thanks for the laugh.
You musta learned that in Black History month!
Jahx wrote:
<quoted text>
What you know about Tchit-Wallata? Gondar? Kilwa Kisiwani?
Walls of Benin - 4 times longer than the Great Wall of China
The Walls of Benin were a combination of ramparts and moats, called Iya in the local language, used as a defense of the historical Benin City, formerly of the now defunct Kingdom of Benin and now the capital of the present-day Edo State of Nigeria. It was considered the largest man-made structure lengthwise and was hailed as the largest earthwork in the world. With more recent work by Patrick Darling, it has been established as the largest man-made structure in the world, larger than Sungbo's Eredo. It enclosed 6,500 km² of community lands. Its length was over 16,000 km of earth boundaries. It was estimated that earliest construction began in 800 AD and continued into the mid 1400's.
The walls are built of a ditch and dike structure; the ditch dug to form an inner moat with the excavated earth used to form the exterior rampart.
The Benin Walls were ravaged by the British in 1897 during what has come to be called the Punitive expedition. Scattered pieces of the structure remain in Edo, with the vast majority of them being used by the locals for building purposes. Sadly, what remains of the wall itself continues to be torn down for real estate developments.
The Walls of Benin City was the world's largest man-made structure. Fred Pearce wrote in New Scientist:
"They extend for some 16,000 kilometres in all, in a mosaic of more than 500 interconnected settlement boundaries. They cover 6,500 square kilometres and were all dug by the Edo people. In all, they are four times longer than the Great Wall of China, and consumed a hundred times more material than the Great Pyramid of Cheops. They took an estimated 150 million hours of digging to construct, and are perhaps the largest single archaeological phenomenon on the planet.
Pearce, Fred. African Queen. New Scientist, 11 September 1999, Issue 2203.
/\
You never biult a larger structure, piece of pork!
G O T for whites

Kent, OH

#28 Mar 6, 2013
oh cmon now, there are blacks in GOT!
Like this thieving, lying, knee grow!!
Go Danny go!! Toss that groid and his coal burner in the vault!!
just gets funnier

Kent, OH

#29 Mar 6, 2013
Walls of Benin was a f'ing dirt pile, hahahahahah
http://apollo5.bournemouth.ac.uk/africanlegac...

blacks would take credit for piling up dirt, hahahahaha

Level 2

Since: May 11

United States

#30 Mar 7, 2013
Young Terror wrote:
Black folks once again embarassing the Race. Stop begging these white mofos for inclusion into their establishments, do for yourself!! Dang!
Im with you.
rohanknight

Croydon, UK

#31 May 13, 2013
bad day for liberals wrote:
<quoted text>you see, the legends of Arthur and Guinevere, are all about CELTS / ROMANS living in England at the time of the AngloSaxon invasions. So, there wre NO NEGROES around, so stop grumbling.
how do you know? Are you a thousand years old?
rohanknight

Croydon, UK

#32 May 13, 2013
got is a western mythology, that's why there are few blacks in it.

there are a few, they aren't ostracised completely, so I don't see the problem.

if you want a large black cast, go make a new show about a mythical place somewhere more southern, it would rock.
rohanknight

Croydon, UK

#33 May 13, 2013
as for gwen in merlin she is an awesome character, and acted perfectly by AC.

anyone who judges her on her colour and not her acting has already failed in life.
George

UK

#35 May 24, 2013
This is stupid question, I am not racist and thats why I am saying that its not nessesary to film black people in every movie, or white people or chinese... there are movies where there is not white people, and thats ok. the rule that in every movie must be some black people is shit, I think it underlines that there still exist racism, and because black people were slaves before now they deserved to be filmed in every movie, and for me it seems like if black people wouldnt be slaves before noone would filmed them now, so it seems more racism for me. director of the movie must decide who will be filmed. If in every movie must be some black people, then there must be also all other race people equally.
moyoSchwarz

Cork, Ireland

#36 Jun 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
When Whites were building Castles, blacks were living in mud huts. Heck they still are today in Apeafrika.
Actually we he had highly sophisticated civilizations rise and fall and rise again in the time it took the English to find us.
The Great ruins of Zimbabwe (once Royal Grounds) and other examples come to mind.
Also these things you call huts. As humans adapt their environs according to environment....think my love.
Read a book. Then another. Remove your bias. See the facts.
moyoSchwarz

Cork, Ireland

#37 Jun 30, 2013
George wrote:
This is stupid question, I am not racist and thats why I am saying that its not nessesary to film black people in every movie, or white people or chinese... there are movies where there is not white people, and thats ok. the rule that in every movie must be some black people is shit, I think it underlines that there still exist racism, and because black people were slaves before now they deserved to be filmed in every movie, and for me it seems like if black people wouldnt be slaves before noone would filmed them now, so it seems more racism for me. director of the movie must decide who will be filmed. If in every movie must be some black people, then there must be also all other race people equally.
For me personally the issue is that the books had cultural diversity on the go big time, where as the show-not unwisely-has catered to American social politics to the degradation of GRR's story. They insult their target demographic...fantasy fans... for the far more lucrative move of pandering to mainstream audiences. White supremacy and grevious cultural appropriation get the green light kids. Look outside America. Tv shows no matter what they're based on are always made through the lens of the culture/society that production crew are from/in.

Pardon my misspellings, touch screens are a bloody terror.
David

Roanoke, VA

#38 Aug 23, 2013
Klaus666 wrote:
There will be no n!88### alive in the near future, so.......!
Go f*ck yourself you ignorant hack!
tophuman

Brownsburg, IN

#39 Aug 25, 2013
you people are so stupid. you feel the pathetic need to be included in every major production and think youre being slighted when "theres no black people in that show". you even gripe when a historical movie is made, and even though there perhaps would not have been blacks present in that particular place or situation.
they could make a movie about a whites only commune, and some of you would ask "why there no black people in it?" or a movie about the first lunar landing with neil armstrong and you'd complain that YT was sticking it to you again cuz they didnt portray any negroes on the moon.
Klaus666

Barrie, Canada

#40 Aug 25, 2013
David wrote:
<quoted text>
Go f*ck yourself you ignorant hack!
Step up and make a move if yer feelin' strong, boy!!!!!!!!!!
happy

Brooklyn, NY

#41 Aug 25, 2013
Narcissus Cartwright 2 wrote:
Why? It would be nice to see a black Darnerys. Why are there no black people in Gane of Thrones? The only dragon-related bestseller I've seen with a black main character was The Society On Da Run. Why are there no black people in GoT?
If its a negative game then its for the best that blkppl are not in the game 'Throne' let's look at the 'brighter' side of things.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min NotSoDivineMsM 1,564,361
mexicans are better than negros they work hard ... (Nov '15) 6 min THISISOURCOUNTRY 56
White jokes! 7 min Cubbyfan 32
You CAN NOT tell me this creature is Human! 16 min Rich stars of the... 28
Crakkka jokes 16 min CubbyFan 11
News Anti-racist author Tim Wise: White America desp... 32 min Evelyn 797
Why Are White People So Obsessed with O.J. Simp... 36 min Chalotte 64
News Racism still prevalent 50 years after riots 30 ... 3 hr CheifMac 49
RAW VIDEO: Teens Heckle Drowning Man 3 hr good bye chester 48
More from around the web