First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“The Beast, they call him”

Level 2

Since: Oct 07

Where the wild things are

#1 Jan 24, 2008
No. I sought revenge once in my life. It has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since.

Level 1

Since: Apr 07

Sterling Heights, MI

#2 Jan 24, 2008
No, I do not.

I DO believe in communicating to a person how their behavior or words impacted me, but no, not revenge.

Level 2

Since: Jul 07

Jamaica Queens, New York

#3 Jan 24, 2008
I do believe in revenge or some type of get back but I do feel there is a limit. Some people are wronged and then want to hurt the other person 10 times more and that is even more wrong. I also think that under certain circumstances, a person should just let some things go.

“keep it fair across the board!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 06

Texas

#4 Jan 24, 2008
No.. but I do believe in karma!

“A Style Identical to None”

Level 3

Location hidden

#5 Jan 24, 2008
Well, the term "believe in" would have to be expounded on for me.

Revenge is something that is very real. We see it everyday, and the consequences seem so unfair.

But whether we like it or not, sometimes it is something that is necessary.

Modern religion and law seeks to maintain control by implying and reinforcing how wrong it is.

But how wrong is it really?

“A Style Identical to None”

Level 3

Location hidden

#6 Jan 24, 2008
Conscience Sister wrote:
I do believe in revenge or some type of get back but I do feel there is a limit. Some people are wronged and then want to hurt the other person 10 times more and that is even more wrong. I also think that under certain circumstances, a person should just let some things go.
Seems it can get complicated at times huh? If I thought out a strategy for revenge, it might be considered "pre-meditated"...

Blackbwoy

Since: Nov 07

Roc.

#7 Jan 24, 2008
Robbie J wrote:
No. I sought revenge once in my life. It has left a bad taste in my mouth ever since.
same here, i got the revenge but the repercusions was humiliating. it wasnt worth it at all. also i have noticed when i don't take revenge, Karma really does come and sometimes i see it or hear about it, nontheless i know it comes. we all really reap what we saw.

By all means a clean conscience and inner peace makes life so much enjoyable.

“The Shadows in Heaven”

San Francisco

#8 Jan 24, 2008
Name-not-with-standing

The root of revenge is hate. It takes too much energy to hate. Karma takes care of everything.

“youtube.com/mrmo ephills”

Level 1

Since: Dec 07

youtube.com/mrmoephills

#9 Jan 24, 2008
You would have to walk in a mans shoes to understand his true reasons for revenge, revenge is personal.
For me revenge has known no true satistfaction
I am not sad nor am I happy.
My reasons for revenge is to simply teach a lesson and promote fear with in the hearts of my former enemys.
COMMON

Strongsville, OH

#10 Jan 24, 2008
i don't believe in revenge or karma, i believe in grace because one is based on hate and the other is based on reincarnation/everything equals out bullsh!t. grace on the other hand is the golden rule, christ, and buddha all put together.
i used to believe in the half drunk/ whole pissed off beat-ass, but that only ends in more beat-ass and trouble so i'm definitely beyond that now.
Ray

AOL

#11 Jan 25, 2008
Kathy Kat wrote:
No.. but I do believe in karma!
Do you believe in the tooth fairy also?

DobyTheDoggy

“The face you love to hate!”

Since: Jan 08

Gatorade...is it in you? HAHA!

#12 Jan 25, 2008
I absolutely believe in it! I hope someday to meet Kick, SickeCell, Ray or Sadbuttrue to show them just how much!!

“Your Name is upon me Father”

Since: Sep 07

Blessed am i.

#13 Jan 25, 2008
My maxim...There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.

“Family,Health,$$ bump the rest”

Since: Nov 07

NUNYA

#14 Jan 25, 2008
Yes. Its a dish thats best served cold

“keep it fair across the board!”

Level 1

Since: Dec 06

Texas

#15 Jan 25, 2008
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in the tooth fairy also?
As a matter of fact I do! Ihe tooth fairy has been sighted everywhere except the trailer park is that because you dont have any teeth?

Level 1

Sterling Heights, MI

#16 Jan 25, 2008
Passyson wrote:
My maxim...There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.
Amen

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#17 Jan 25, 2008
I don't like the idea of "revenge" per se. But I do recognize its perceived value and social importance.

I have committed acts of retribution because circumstances demanded a negative response. Sometimes an "object lesson" is required to illustrate consequences for would-be adversaries. Done in anger however, revenge has a prickly way of backfiring.

I guess that's why they say it's a dish best served cold.

Hacienda Heights, CA

#20 Jan 25, 2008
EcuasionZ wrote:
Yes. Its a dish thats best served cold
lol, I remember Mr. Freeze saying that when I watched the Batman cartoon as a child.

“Concrete Rose”

Since: Dec 07

St Louis, MO

#21 Jan 25, 2008
No, it only wears at you. The best revenge is being happy. I'm not saying that you shouldn't make sure that you make certain that the person can't harm you again, but to harm them as "an eye for an eye", will only give you a headache.

Syosset, NY

#22 Jan 25, 2008
Yes I believe in revenge, sometimes I realize that its not really worth it anymore because what goes around comes around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min JRB 1,579,418
Southerners memorialize war heroes San francisc... 4 min El Rey del Mundo 1
Primates ('whites') Seem to be Hiding A Big Big... 8 min The Righteous Axe 2
The Hegemony of the Western World & the USA Emp... 9 min White Power NOT T... 1
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 2 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 22
What the 6,000 man White Nationalist rally mean... 2 hr SBT 58
Black males are Garbage men 2 hr SBT 1
Will people start destroying monuments to Liber... 5 hr Sadbuttrue 28
I have token white friends. 5 hr Sadbuttrue 65
News On Twitter, Trump accuses blacks of racism thre... 6 hr Sadbuttrue 89
Cavebeasts of Topix 8 hr Fun Facts 30
More from around the web