Black Men with atleast $100,000 incom...

Level 1

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#71 Apr 19, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> I think the most recent data is that 90% of all Black men who are married are wed to Black wives. I believe that also includes 85% of "successful" Black men, if by "successful" you mean of middle class economic status or higher.
It is true that that rich, affluent and college educated men marry out more than poor and working class black men. But over 80% even of the middle and upper class brothers are with sisters. In short, Denzel Washington and Barack Obama (as "successful" black men) are more common in their marriage choices than Tiger Woods or Justice Clarence Thomas.
I don't deny anyone their right to love whom they please, but "marrying in" is far more common than "marrying out."
Most people are with their own racial group, regardless of economical status. But I think it is all about exposure. The upper echelons of the West are dominated by Whites, so the few Blacks that make it up to that level ar surrounded by Whites and get exposed more to that population.

Level 1

Location hidden

#72 Apr 19, 2014
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats on your success..although I find your "competition" with your husband and lord to be sinful. Stop doing this.
"Husband and Lord" ??

My husband isn't my Lord. That's blasphemy.

It's just a simple way of encouraging one another, nothing serious. We are both driven people. Mind you, if he wanted me to stay home tomorrow I would have no problems with it as he is the head of the house. But as his companion on this life, he takes my opinions and wishes serious.

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#73 Apr 19, 2014
Layla Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
"Husband and Lord" ??
My husband isn't my Lord. That's blasphemy.
It's just a simple way of encouraging one another, nothing serious. We are both driven people. Mind you, if he wanted me to stay home tomorrow I would have no problems with it as he is the head of the house. But as his companion on this life, he takes my opinions and wishes serious.
The Bible clearly states that your husband is your master..and you are the master of your children.

I don;'t give 2 rat sh1ds what Islam says about it, little lady.

“Yes WE Can! Yes we Will!”

Level 8

Since: Jul 07

Baltimore, Md.

#76 Apr 19, 2014
sweetgirl102 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually observing from experience, it's ww's bi-racial children are put on a pedestal by blacks.
Since about two thirds of IR married Blacks are MEN, that may not mean much. In fact, right off the top of my head it's hard to think of which FAMOUS biracial children are not offsprings of Black fathers rather than Black mothers.. Lisa Bonet, Halle Berry, Barack Obama are all children of Black fathers and white mothers.
And probably the average Black person has no way of knowing whether a un-famous biracial child has a white mother or father. Indeed, we really don't know in most cases whether the biracial child is biracial. My mother is about the complexion of Barack Obama, but both her parents were Black. Obama's two girls are light skinned even with a darker skinned mother. And if I didn't already know about Barack's father it would not occur to me that he's "biracial." In fact, I consider him to be African-American since that's how he sees himself.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#77 Apr 19, 2014
Layla Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people are with their own racial group, regardless of economical status. But I think it is all about exposure. The upper echelons of the West are dominated by Whites, so the few Blacks that make it up to that level ar surrounded by Whites and get exposed more to that population.
True. While growing up in the projects of East Baltimore I was exposed to few whites other than merchants, cops and slumlords. It hardly occurred to me to date or marry a white person. Even while at Vanderbilt University, which brought continual exposure to whites on a more regular basis, I had little interest in them socially. I think I dated two or three white females (one in France) in my entire life, and never sought a relationship. I'm not OPPOSED to IR relations, but simply wasn't interested in going there.
Even the non-AA woman to whom I was once married was a BLACK Latina from Dominican Republic. My beloved Mia is a beautiful AA sister from Louisiana who--ironically--I may not have met had it not been for Hurricane Katrina. And while I was single I actually dated more sisters from Africa and the Caribbean than white. In short, my preferences for relationship and marriage didn't really change when I moved from the "hood" to the professional middle class. I'm more like Denzel or Barack than Tiger or Justice Thomas.
HBs

Greenwood, IN

#78 Apr 19, 2014
Savant wrote:
...My beloved Mia is a beautiful AA sister from Louisiana who--ironically--...
...it was the height first guaranteed nikka...

Level 8

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#81 Apr 20, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> I think the most recent data is that 90% of all Black men who are married are wed to Black wives. I believe that also includes 85% of "successful" Black men, if by "successful" you mean of middle class economic status or higher.
It is true that that rich, affluent and college educated men marry out more than poor and working class black men. But over 80% even of the middle and upper class brothers are with sisters. In short, Denzel Washington and Barack Obama (as "successful" black men) are more common in their marriage choices than Tiger Woods or Justice Clarence Thomas.
I don't deny anyone their right to love whom they please, but "marrying in" is far more common than "marrying out."
Where are you getting these board figures from? Only 50% of the total U.S. population of black men marry at all. Of the 50% of black men who do marry only 75% of them marry black women and 25% marry nonblack women. The number of ir marriages would be even higher if the bottom of the barrel white women were in the majority instead of the minority because most average and above nonblack women don't marry black men.
sweetgirl102

Memphis, TN

#82 Apr 20, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> Since about two thirds of IR married Blacks are MEN, that may not mean much. In fact, right off the top of my head it's hard to think of which FAMOUS biracial children are not offsprings of Black fathers rather than Black mothers.. Lisa Bonet, Halle Berry, Barack Obama are all children of Black fathers and white mothers.
And probably the average Black person has no way of knowing whether a un-famous biracial child has a white mother or father. Indeed, we really don't know in most cases whether the biracial child is biracial. My mother is about the complexion of Barack Obama, but both her parents were Black. Obama's two girls are light skinned even with a darker skinned mother. And if I didn't already know about Barack's father it would not occur to me that he's "biracial." In fact, I consider him to be African-American since that's how he sees himself.
This comment should have been made to Charlie.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#83 Apr 20, 2014
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you getting these board figures from? Only 50% of the total U.S. population of black men marry at all. Of the 50% of black men who do marry only 75% of them marry black women and 25% marry nonblack women. The number of ir marriages would be even higher if the bottom of the barrel white women were in the majority instead of the minority because most average and above nonblack women don't marry black men.
Check out BlackDemographics.com --which is based on the US Census Bureau stats.(0% of Black men who are married have Black wives. The per centage is larger for Black women. Over 80%--I think it was 85% of '"successful" Black who are married also have Black wives.
Also, contrary to myths about Blacks marrying from the "bottom of the barrel", the majority of Black men and women of the middle classes who do marry interracially marry white persons of similar class and and educational status. In short, professional Black men and women who do "marry out" do not usually marry the white barmaid or the janitor. The belief that they do is mythology, and sociological studies I've seen support what I'm saying.
As for rates of marriage, that has declined in the Black community from over 80% during the 1950s to barely 50% now. There's a lot of discussion and debates in the scholarly community for the reasons for this. However, it is also the case that marriage has generally declined in America for other groups besides Blacks, though not as much. Indeed, reports came out around about 2006 that singlehood is now the statistical norms for Americans generally. Unfortunately, I have no explored that particular issue and am not prepared to make an assessment on it.

“Israel uses Jim Crow Terrorism”

Level 7

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#84 Apr 20, 2014
Capree wrote:
... most average and above nonblack women don't marry black men.
Same with BW...most average and above average WM/nonBM do not date or marry BW.

2.5x more black men earn over 75k than black women (including myself here)...

95% of black American women-owned businesses employ zero persons (owner not counted) and make 15k or less a year...

62% of black American women earn 25k or less a year...

50% of black American women are single mothers...but only 20% of black American men are single fathers. Proving that a good chunk of black women chase a minority of black males. SLUTS!...

60% of black American women who have at least one child, will have a second child by another man...

70% of black children are born OOW...

14/100 black American women have a college degree...

13/100 black American men have a college degree...
ToriY

UK

#85 Apr 20, 2014
Are you kidding me?1!! This WM/BW family is one of the highest profile disaster stories ever, irregardless of racial factors:

http://elev8.com/490965/a-look-at-what-drug-a...
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional, most children from BM/WW have issues with being mixed. I have seen many of them with mental problems or trying to live a lie like they are white or black. I can even use celebrities as an example. Halle Berry talked about how hard it was growing having a white mother and Halle even attempted suicide. Wentworth Miller father was black but instead of acknowledging this, he passed as a white man for years in Hollywood as did actor Michael Fosberg. Jennifer Beal did the same thing and Carol Channing was so ashamed of being the offspring of a black dad and white mom that she lied about it until she was nearly on her death bed. Now the famous biracial children of WM/BW are far more well adjusted and do tend to embrace both of their races. Like these successful celebrities with black moms and white dads, Soledad O’Brien, Lenny" Kravitz , Thandie Newton and Maya Rudolph. None of these celebrities of black women and white men ever try to hide their ethnicity.

Level 1

Location hidden

#87 Apr 20, 2014
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible clearly states that your husband is your master..and you are the master of your children.
I don;'t give 2 rat sh1ds what Islam says about it, little lady.
Who cares! I don't follow the bible, so tell that to someone that cares. My husband is my leader, but he is not my Lord. Get over it.

Level 7

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#88 Apr 20, 2014
Layla Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares! I don't follow the bible, so tell that to someone that cares. My husband is my leader, but he is not my Lord. Get over it.
Good, so you DO understand your proper place. So again, I ask, do you think your husband really approves of all the time you spend on here being insolent and disrespectful to people you do not even know?

Level 8

Location hidden

#89 Apr 20, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out BlackDemographics.com --which is based on the US Census Bureau stats.(0% of Black men who are married have Black wives. The per centage is larger for Black women. Over 80%--I think it was 85% of '"successful" Black who are married also have Black wives.
Also, contrary to myths about Blacks marrying from the "bottom of the barrel", the majority of Black men and women of the middle classes who do marry interracially marry white persons of similar class and and educational status. In short, professional Black men and women who do "marry out" do not usually marry the white barmaid or the janitor. The belief that they do is mythology, and sociological studies I've seen support what I'm saying.
As for rates of marriage, that has declined in the Black community from over 80% during the 1950s to barely 50% now. There's a lot of discussion and debates in the scholarly community for the reasons for this. However, it is also the case that marriage has generally declined in America for other groups besides Blacks, though not as much. Indeed, reports came out around about 2006 that singlehood is now the statistical norms for Americans generally. Unfortunately, I have no explored that particular issue and am not prepared to make an assessment on it.
You have missed the whole point! If only 50% of black marry and any only 10% of black men are professionals making over $100,000 a year then that adds up to almost nothing. You are just trying to play with percentages to string black women along.

Level 8

Location hidden

#90 Apr 20, 2014
ToriY wrote:
Are you kidding me?1!! This WM/BW family is one of the highest profile disaster stories ever, irregardless of racial factors:
http://elev8.com/490965/a-look-at-what-drug-a...
<quoted text>
Idiot you are using only one dysfunctional WM/BW family to represent all of the successful WM/BW marriages out here??? Your are an idiot grasping at straws!

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#91 Apr 21, 2014
fair_guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Same with BW...most average and above average WM/nonBM do not date or marry BW.
2.5x more black men earn over 75k than black women (including myself here)...
95% of black American women-owned businesses employ zero persons (owner not counted) and make 15k or less a year...
62% of black American women earn 25k or less a year...
50% of black American women are single mothers...but only 20% of black American men are single fathers. Proving that a good chunk of black women chase a minority of black males. SLUTS!...
60% of black American women who have at least one child, will have a second child by another man...
70% of black children are born OOW...
14/100 black American women have a college degree...
13/100 black American men have a college degree...
I'm not sure abou all of your data and would like to know the sources. Your reply to Capree seems to suggest that Black women, just like Black men (acording to her) mainly marry from the bottom of the barrl when they go interracial. That is, thet they marry whites who are "below average." I'm not sure exactly how either of you discern or judge who (or what) is "average", "above average" or "below average" (bottom of the barrel in Captee's terms).
If you mean qualities of mind and character, I don't see how either of you can know that. But in terms of those qualities, most human beings are probably average. But I'm not sure you can gauge how many IR Black men or women (presumably at least average) are married to whites who are below average.
If you have in mind educational and class characteristics of which we have some record (and can measure to a large extent), the EVIDENCE doesn't show any great disparity.
Whether the IR married Black person is male or female, he or she is more likely than not to belong to at least the professional middle classes or intellligentsia. And his or her white spouse more often than not is of similar social class background. The color line may be more often crossed in marriage than the class line, and crossing the color line is still the exception rather than the rule.
Mrs. Huxtable does not marry the white janitor. Mr. Huxtable does not marry the white barmaid. Again, thje Obamas are typical in both the race and class choices of each other as mates. Both are Black, and both educated upper middle class (probaly now RICH) people.
if a brother marries the white barmaid, he probably is the janitor. If a sister marries the white janitor she probably is the barmaid.

Level 8

Location hidden

#92 Apr 21, 2014
Savant wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not sure abou all of your data and would like to know the sources. Your reply to Capree seems to suggest that Black women, just like Black men (acording to her) mainly marry from the bottom of the barrl when they go interracial. That is, thet they marry whites who are "below average." I'm not sure exactly how either of you discern or judge who (or what) is "average", "above average" or "below average" (bottom of the barrel in Captee's terms).
If you mean qualities of mind and character, I don't see how either of you can know that. But in terms of those qualities, most human beings are probably average. But I'm not sure you can gauge how many IR Black men or women (presumably at least average) are married to whites who are below average.
If you have in mind educational and class characteristics of which we have some record (and can measure to a large extent), the EVIDENCE doesn't show any great disparity.
Whether the IR married Black person is male or female, he or she is more likely than not to belong to at least the professional middle classes or intellligentsia. And his or her white spouse more often than not is of similar social class background. The color line may be more often crossed in marriage than the class line, and crossing the color line is still the exception rather than the rule.
Mrs. Huxtable does not marry the white janitor. Mr. Huxtable does not marry the white barmaid. Again, thje Obamas are typical in both the race and class choices of each other as mates. Both are Black, and both educated upper middle class (probaly now RICH) people.
if a brother marries the white barmaid, he probably is the janitor. If a sister marries the white janitor she probably is the barmaid.
I said that most average black men marry bottom of the barrel nonblack women and you know that you see this also. Now most black women who cross over to white and other nonblack men usually get with the average white man or other nonblack men. The average white men are very different from the average black men. The average white men are employed full-time, have a savings, their own car and house or apartment. They don't have use off of their girlfriends or others have acquired because they have their own where the average black men are just hustlers, borrowing peggy to pay paula , unemployed or working piece jobs, broke, no savings, no car and trying to life off of someone else. Let me know if I have to make this even clearer.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#93 Apr 21, 2014
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
You have missed the whole point! If only 50% of black marry and any only 10% of black men are professionals making over $100,000 a year then that adds up to almost nothing. You are just trying to play with percentages to string black women along.
I'm a scholar. I allow wankers like you to use dubious sources to string people along, and to vent your spleen.
The thread's topic indicates that MOST "successful" Black men mary Black women.(And by the way, the same data also shows that marriage becomes more common as one ascends the socioeconomic scale.) The fact remains that the VAST MAJORITY of those Black men who do make at least $100,000 marry SISTERS. Hence the thread's title speaks the TRUTH, and it reamins a MYTH--perpetuated by many Blacks of BOTH genders--that as soon as a brother becomes "successful" he marries white. That over 80% of such men actually "marry Blacks" may add up to "nothing" for you, doesn't mean that it means "nothing" for those those Black men and women concerned. Tell Michelle Obama that it amounts to nothing.
As I stated before--and an immense amount of data supports this--marriages among ALL American groups are in decline, and has been for some time. Granted, this is more so among African-Americans than most groups. Yet for some time the Black middle and upper classes were exanding; and so the proportion of black men makding $100,000 increased compared to those who made such incomes (or its equivalent) in the past.
And one out of ten isn't exactly nothing, though it's a minority and probably proportinately a smaller minority than white men with such income. Yet there was a time not too long ago when it was one out of twenty (or even 50). And how many millions of people is that one out of ten? Of course, tthese are not my primary concerns anyway. The plightof the Black MASSES, where it really is extremely difficult to sustain family lifethat is my primary concern. and something I wouldn't expect you to know or care much about. At any rate, the EVIDENCE shows that it is a myth that affluent and educated brothers mainly marry white women, and also a myth that the few affluent brothers who mary out choose lower class white wives. That's the point.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#94 Apr 21, 2014
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
I also raise question about what is meant by "bottom of the barrel" as opposed to "average" or "above average.' What is below average? "poor" or "common laborer". Is above average the same as rich? Or is it the educated professional middle classes.
Most Americans of all racial groups are working class people. A sizeable minority are educated professionals. And a much smaller minority are rich. The MAJORITY of Blacks of both genders who marry out are at least middle class persons, and college educated Black men and women are more likely to "marry out" than are working class sisters and brothers. But when they do, their spouses are also usually educated middle class (sometimes upper class) white men and women.
What is this "bottom of the barral" nonsense? It might be noticed that there is SOME increase of IR marriages involving Blacks beneath the professional middle classes (i.e. the majority). And it is they who are more likely to marry lower income and working class whites.

Level 8

Baltimore, Md.

#95 Apr 21, 2014
Capree wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that most average black men marry bottom of the barrel nonblack women and you know that you see this also. Now most black women who cross over to white and other nonblack men usually get with the average white man or other nonblack men. The average white men are very different from the average black men. The average white men are employed full-time, have a savings, their own car and house or apartment. They don't have use off of their girlfriends or others have acquired because they have their own where the average black men are just hustlers, borrowing peggy to pay paula , unemployed or working piece jobs, broke, no savings, no car and trying to life off of someone else. Let me know if I have to make this even clearer.
Actually, unemployment is a minority phenomenon in the Black community, though higher than in the white community. Most Black and white men are WORKING CLASS guys, not professionals. I grew up in the ghettoes of east Baltimore, and I've observed that even among the poor you generally have working class brother with low income jobs--not hustlers, pimps, etc. Th4 media is different from real life.
The bottom line is that the great majority of Black men who marry out are themselves MIDDLE CLASS brothers with a college education. And so are thier non-Black wives. That's wht the EVIDENCE shows. Let me know if i can make that any clearer. Or I can just suplluy you with some bibliographic information. But it won't come from the blogs, Youtube clips, or dating site info that you and folk like T-BOS normally mistake reliable information or "research."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear White People (May '16) 2 min Kato 765
A final message to black women and their bastar... 5 min AirborneInfantry 1
Why Does It Take So Many BMs To Fight 1 White, ... 7 min T-BOS 153
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Earl 1,523,620
The sickest video you ever saw... real African ... 12 min AirborneInfantry 7
What African Americans really are 13 min Comment 56
Mystery of the Negro solved 18 min Israelite Suprema... 2
Negro behavior in public places 18 min Harrisson 111
Trump ~ 100* Days ~ Major Accomplishments? 9 hr Dont know 36
608,370 bridges in America and the number of bl... 11 hr JRT 10