Welfare Stats By Race: Let's Get Down...
Kkkeith

Lexington, NC

#6419 Sep 29, 2013
JOHNS ON TOP OF IT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion ain't diddly squat.
Go read theREAL STSTS AT USCENSUS.GOV
Lets see hiw smug you are after that???
Hear ye hear ye, listen to the true words of a welfare recepient. Just for the record john do you believe everything the government tells you? Probably so thats why you cant spell worth a fack

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6420 Sep 30, 2013
Kkkeith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hear ye hear ye, listen to the true words of a welfare recepient. Just for the record john do you believe everything the government tells you? Probably so thats why you cant spell worth a fack
Listen to your own garbage and then come back and tell meif you actually believe in such stupidity?

Have you ever heard of typographical errors? of course you haven't because you're not smart enough!!!

Why would a bunch of old crusty white men lie on other white men, white women, white children and old white men & women, saying their on welfare, because they want to make them look bad??? Give this universe a break from YOUR STUPID!!!

census.gov
magicmoney

Medford, NY

#6422 Oct 1, 2013
mindofmensa wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re quite welcome….I’m smart enough to pick my battles wisely, hence the reason why I did not make a comment…I work with stats for a living, so therefore I know that blacks and Hispanics do disproportionately receive food stamps…However, it is unwise to assume that they’re economy suckers without taking into consideration many other factors that I won't get into…
I don’t know why so many people focus on welfare, as it sucks up only a very small percentage of US taxes…The majority of our taxes go to Social Security, Medicare (health insurance for the elderly)---500 billion combined; military, 300 billion; the INTEREST on the national debt, 250 billion; and assistance to the poor, to include food stamps, welfare, etc at only 105 billion….
Granted, many of these taxes are needed, such as Social Security and Medicare… But as tax payers, we should be more upset with funding the war and paying interest on the US debt, which is due to misappropriation of funds, than on the small percentage of taxes which go to the poor…
ONLY 105 BILLION? That sure seems like a lot to me. I think it's all too much spending. Does that 105 billion include al of the health care they receive? And free lunches at school etc...?
Ron simmons

New York, NY

#6423 Oct 1, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Before anyone cries "racist," keep in mind my prior post: there are reasons why the Black community may have a greater representation in this list. But what I was trying to accomplish was to get some of these posters to stop parroting the same old squawk: "More Whites are on welfare." Either they really don't get how stats work or they are deliberately being deceptive.
Agree! Only 150 years separated by slavery a merely 60 years separated by school integration. Yet Blacks struggled from the hardships that kept them down from centuries.On the same token, they(Sons and daughters of segregationists and their domestic terrorist organizations) are doing the same thing with the first African-American President.
Killdozer

Brooklyn, NY

#6424 Oct 16, 2013
The problem with black people in America is the hip-hop culture. Black kids who read and speak properly are put down and bullied. Acting "white" and being a productive member of society is frowned at. Many black families have broken away from the projects and gotten away from this backwards thinking, but not nearly enough. Until top selling rap artists are singing about getting a good education and a good job, and idiots like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson stop race baiting and trying to say all white people are still racist blacks are going to have the same problems. Besides the welfare statistics look at abortion statistics. Out of every 1,000 black pregnancies 501 end in abortion. That's just crazy!!! Live and learn!

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6425 Oct 16, 2013
Killdozer wrote:
The problem with black people in America is the hip-hop culture. Black kids who read and speak properly are put down and bullied. Acting "white" and being a productive member of society is frowned at. Many black families have broken away from the projects and gotten away from this backwards thinking, but not nearly enough. Until top selling rap artists are singing about getting a good education and a good job, and idiots like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson stop race baiting and trying to say all white people are still racist blacks are going to have the same problems. Besides the welfare statistics look at abortion statistics. Out of every 1,000 black pregnancies 501 end in abortion. That's just crazy!!! Live and learn!
Look at you race baiting like McCrathy...
No Me Jodais

Morris, IL

#6426 Oct 16, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the link, but you do realize that it did not dispel my stats. I have never talked about the welfare queen in my post. I merely said that overall, there is a much greater percentage of Blacks on welfare, compared to Whites, FACTORING IN EACH RACE'S TOTAL REPRESENTATION OF THE POPULATION. As for the stats about White suburbanites, I had an experience in the 'burbs with a Hispanic couple and their two kids in front of me at the grocery store. They presented a LINK card and took their groceries. When I was done and was in the parking lot unlocking my BIKE, I saw the woman on a cell phone and her hubby loading the groceries into an SUV that looked to be late model and costing around $30K! What's wrong with this picture?
Nothing is wrong with the picture. Did you consider they bought the car a few years ago and may have lost their jobs since then? Of course not. Because you are too narrow minded. My wife and I both lost our jobs within weeks of each other and were out of work for nearly 18 months. We are now both working, but at salaries nearly 40% and 60% less respectively. Meanwhile our former bosses are doing just fine with hinge bonuses. One of my colleagues at my new job is a recently retired airline pilot with a pension of only $1,357/month. It SHOULD have been $12,500/month for his 35 years of service, but their past CEO, Mr. Tilton, convinced the Bush appointed Labor Board that the pilot union's $3.3 BILLION DOLLAR pension should go back to UAL for their merger. In exchange, Mr. Tilton received a $56MM dollar CASH bonus and $35MM dollar stock options. All while telling the pilot union heads they should have gone to CEO school instead of pilot school
Keep it classy.
Tired

Bronx, NY

#6427 Oct 18, 2013
The raw numbers mean everything. When you profess to be the largest group in America you will have more of everything. Stats are used to push one’s own theory or agenda. There are more White people on welfare, unemployment, getting abortions, having children out of wedlock, cheating the government and in prison exc... I could go on all day but I don't think it would clear things up for the brain washed whites who have received welfare in some shape or form and still would say "there are more black people on Welfare look at the stats". lol and smh. Look at the raw numbers......... Whites benefit from Welfare far more than Blacks. Why you ask? Because more of you are on it based on the raw numbers.

Black American after slavery had to work vey hard to take care of our families as we did not qualify for government assistance. While White women were home with there children, Black women were working along side their husbands for their families. Black people have not taken from the welfare system nearly as long as whites. It was not made for black people. Some Blacks have become very Americanized (on Welfare like Whites, getting abortions like Whites and resorting to criminal behavior like Whites since the 1960's but most of us are hard working people that take care of ourselves.
disani

Doylestown, PA

#6428 Nov 1, 2013
mindofmensa wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re quite welcome….I’m smart enough to pick my battles wisely, hence the reason why I did not make a comment…I work with stats for a living, so therefore I know that blacks and Hispanics do disproportionately receive food stamps…However, it is unwise to assume that they’re economy suckers without taking into consideration many other factors that I won't get into…
I don’t know why so many people focus on welfare, as it sucks up only a very small percentage of US taxes…The majority of our taxes go to Social Security, Medicare (health insurance for the elderly)---500 billion combined; military, 300 billion; the INTEREST on the national debt, 250 billion; and assistance to the poor, to include food stamps, welfare, etc at only 105 billion….
Granted, many of these taxes are needed, such as Social Security and Medicare… But as tax payers, we should be more upset with funding the war and paying interest on the US debt, which is due to misappropriation of funds, than on the small percentage of taxes which go to the poor…
The average American is just tired of supporting an entire culture of lazy people. Just parked my car a few minutes ago and the car next to me was a black family. Guess what? They threw an entire McDonald's bag of trash out the window. Lovely. No respect for anything. It is out of control.
disani

Doylestown, PA

#6429 Nov 1, 2013
Tired wrote:
The raw numbers mean everything. When you profess to be the largest group in America you will have more of everything. Stats are used to push one’s own theory or agenda. There are more White people on welfare, unemployment, getting abortions, having children out of wedlock, cheating the government and in prison exc... I could go on all day but I don't think it would clear things up for the brain washed whites who have received welfare in some shape or form and still would say "there are more black people on Welfare look at the stats". lol and smh. Look at the raw numbers......... Whites benefit from Welfare far more than Blacks. Why you ask? Because more of you are on it based on the raw numbers.
Black American after slavery had to work vey hard to take care of our families as we did not qualify for government assistance. While White women were home with there children, Black women were working along side their husbands for their families. Black people have not taken from the welfare system nearly as long as whites. It was not made for black people. Some Blacks have become very Americanized (on Welfare like Whites, getting abortions like Whites and resorting to criminal behavior like Whites since the 1960's but most of us are hard working people that take care of ourselves.
No excuses 50 years later. All is available for them. They would just rather collect free government welfare and watch their flat screen TV's. My challenge to anyone who is not sick of the black American culture should spend a week in or near a black community. You will be sickened. Florida has been ruined because of blacks. Absolutely ruined. Ocean front section 8 housing just for them. Horrible. BTW. I'm not racist. I make points based upon statistics and real experiences. Now let's just sit back and watch them kill each other because everyone is afraid to tell the truth and make them get their act together. shhhhh you might be called a racist.
disani

Doylestown, PA

#6430 Nov 1, 2013
Plan for welfare. Specifically for the black community..
1. If your kid drops out of school = no more welfare
2. Your assets are reviewed annually. If you have luxury items such as a BMW, 5K rims, 50" Flat Screens = No need for welfare
3. Your kids commit a crime you are now on the 3 strike rule = 3rd strike is no more welfare
3. You commit a crime you are required to attend offender training classes = if you don't go you loose your welfare
4. Birth on welfare will not result in decreased benefits
5. Section 8 housing can't have cable TV, granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances or wall to wall carpeting
6. Welfare is limited to 3 years no matter what

DONE... DONE & DONE.
disani

Doylestown, PA

#6431 Nov 1, 2013
Tired wrote:
The raw numbers mean everything. When you profess to be the largest group in America you will have more of everything. Stats are used to push one’s own theory or agenda. There are more White people on welfare, unemployment, getting abortions, having children out of wedlock, cheating the government and in prison exc... I could go on all day but I don't think it would clear things up for the brain washed whites who have received welfare in some shape or form and still would say "there are more black people on Welfare look at the stats". lol and smh. Look at the raw numbers......... Whites benefit from Welfare far more than Blacks. Why you ask? Because more of you are on it based on the raw numbers.
Black American after slavery had to work vey hard to take care of our families as we did not qualify for government assistance. While White women were home with there children, Black women were working along side their husbands for their families. Black people have not taken from the welfare system nearly as long as whites. It was not made for black people. Some Blacks have become very Americanized (on Welfare like Whites, getting abortions like Whites and resorting to criminal behavior like Whites since the 1960's but most of us are hard working people that take care of ourselves.
"Most" is not statistically accurate. You sound like a smart person. Do you know the statistical information? Stand up and make a point to your race and make positive change. Do you even know of a live person who was a slave? Do you know of a person's parent that was a slave? Come on now.
disani

United States

#6432 Nov 1, 2013
Ron simmons wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree! Only 150 years separated by slavery a merely 60 years separated by school integration. Yet Blacks struggled from the hardships that kept them down from centuries.On the same token, they(Sons and daughters of segregationists and their domestic terrorist organizations) are doing the same thing with the first African-American President.
I say let's give in to the racist excuse. Let's all agree that we are racist even if we are not. That's what they want so lets give it to them. What the heck can they do? Not cash their welfare check? There is confusion between racism and reality based upon statistical information.
disani

United States

#6433 Nov 1, 2013
Kkkeith wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have failed 2nd grade entirely if you think that white women have more children and draw more welfare than blacks. If you need an example come to eastern nc and ride around for about 3 minutes. All the whites are working trying to make enough money to survive on their own and pay 50% of their wages to the ones that are sitting on the porches and swiping there ebt cards til they melt. Or better yet go down mlk blvd on check day and look at the streets littered with lottery tickets and then 3 days later they are all broke and crying to uncle sam with their hands out. The sad part is they get what they want, but everybody that doesnt live in a infested area such as the southeastern us think everybody is racist. Its a sad day in paradise
I agree. Anyone who doesn't, needs to experience the black community for just a few minutes. HOLD UP. Don't do it, you will get shot. OOOOOOPS that's racist isn't it.

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6434 Nov 1, 2013
The Economix blog at the New York Times reported the following in February of last year:

Another finding of the study is that the distribution of benefits no longer aligns with the demography of poverty. African-Americans, who make up 22 percent of the poor, receive 14 percent of government benefits, close to their 12 percent population share.

White non-Hispanics, who make up 42 percent of the poor, receive 69 percent of government benefits – again, much closer to their 64 percent population share.

Read that again. It says blacks comprise 22 percent of the poor, but blacks only take in 14 percent of government benefits. Conversely, whites make up 42 percent of the poor , but take in a disproportionate 69 percent of government benefits.

CASE CLOSED AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!
Pmanmiles

Jacksonville, FL

#6435 Nov 2, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Before anyone cries "racist," keep in mind my prior post: there are reasons why the Black community may have a greater representation in this list. But what I was trying to accomplish was to get some of these posters to stop parroting the same old squawk: "More Whites are on welfare." Either they really don't get how stats work or they are deliberately being deceptive.
This game you play with statistics are a joke. When you calculate the cost! Or as you try to downplay the reality of raw data, that is the end results. The white population on welfare bill comes out higher than the black population on welfare. That is it! You want to come up with stats to make yourself feel superior and break it down in statistical form. When someone says, " there are more white people on welfare than black people." Your response is, " well, it all depends on how I want to look at it to make myself feel better. " Because the raw data is just a fact you for some reason feel less than. Someone comes up with percentage to make white people feel at ease.
gettin close

Katy, TX

#6436 Nov 2, 2013
Here is for my black brothers to ponder.In 30 short years the whites will no longer be the majority.The tax base will be egually devided amongst the respective races if we (blacks) continue on the path we're on 38% of the total population will be working to support the entire 100%. Murder rates will grow by 300 %+The main offenders are guess who my brothers.Even though whites will represent on 43% they will still still have the highest % of college grads.Look in the mirror suckers and quit pass in da buck.Hispanics will represent the next highest % not only race but employed and degreed.Keep on keepen on losers9983
gettin close

Katy, TX

#6437 Nov 2, 2013
Pmanmiles wrote:
<quoted text>
This game you play with statistics are a joke. When you calculate the cost! Or as you try to downplay the reality of raw data, that is the end results. The white population on welfare bill comes out higher than the black population on welfare. That is it! You want to come up with stats to make yourself feel superior and break it down in statistical form. When someone says, " there are more white people on welfare than black people." Your response is, " well, it all depends on how I want to look at it to make myself feel better. " Because the raw data is just a fact you for some reason feel less than. Someone comes up with percentage to make white people feel at ease.
Bet you can see through a 10 foot ladder. The welfare state is designed to keep you in chains.Advertising specifically aim at your feelings of entitlement.Subsequently expensive cars,clothes ,jewelry,before houses ,education and yes your children yeah it's racist. Give a Google see what brother All and Jesse have as net worth.They want justice 99% me 1% you.
Istime

La Grange, IL

#6438 Nov 3, 2013
People I have the answer for all the world problems. JESUSCHRIST!!!! HE IS THE ANSWER SO STOP THE HATE. LOVE LOVE AND MORE LOVE
Alejandro

Miami Beach, FL

#6439 Nov 4, 2013
The data is based on the breakdown of the welfare system not the US population system. You are misinterpreting the data. The site states Welfare statistics not US population statistics. The welfare system has 38.8% of its recipients being white, 39.8 % being black , 15.7 being Hispanic, 2.4 Asian and 3.3 other. If the data was presented the way you state it would need a title of "Race Statistics on Welfare".
Nunya wrote:
I just pasted these from a government site:
With regard to AFDC the figures are:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min woodtick57 1,348,496
The occupation ends in 349 days. 3 min Fever 27
News Black community has more HIV cases, less treatm... 4 min Justin igger 8
White men are better lovers? (May '15) 5 min billllll 638
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 6 min husayn 130,795
Boycott the Academy Awards (Jan '15) 8 min Doctor No 144
80% of whtie women cheat on their white husband... (Jul '14) 9 min billllll 261
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 21 min billllll 40,320
Black people have every reason to hate whites 23 min billllll 69
White Crime: Few Comments (Sep '09) 34 min Doctor No 3,229
......................Blacks under age 18 1 hr BoE1 36
More from around the web