Welfare Stats By Race: Let's Get Down...
Kimberly Lockinour

Davenport, IA

#6399 Aug 22, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Before anyone cries "racist," keep in mind my prior post: there are reasons why the Black community may have a greater representation in this list. But what I was trying to accomplish was to get some of these posters to stop parroting the same old squawk: "More Whites are on welfare." Either they really don't get how stats work or they are deliberately being deceptive.
I am a black female and not racist in the least. Your comment is true and very well stated.
Savannah

Oklahoma City, OK

#6400 Aug 29, 2013
THANK YOU! I have been trying to explain this to people....
Nunya wrote:
I just pasted these from a government site:
With regard to AFDC the figures are:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.
King Fish

United States

#6401 Aug 30, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Before anyone cries "racist," keep in mind my prior post: there are reasons why the Black community may have a greater representation in this list. But what I was trying to accomplish was to get some of these posters to stop parroting the same old squawk: "More Whites are on welfare." Either they really don't get how stats work or they are deliberately being deceptive.
the rioting in this country and civil unrest can never be justified by killing robbing innocent people and frankly when OJ Simpson got away with murder no rioting by White's, Korean's, Japanese, Hispanic's or any other ethnic group took place as did with the rodney king beating, black officers were involved along with White officers. I talked to a Korean family that was victimized by groups of blacks and they said had it not been for whites who showed up to defend their business they would have lost everything and maybe there lives. I guess some people plain and simple have a bad genes DNA flaw?
King Fish

United States

#6402 Aug 30, 2013
Proud Mexican American wrote:
I didn't post my last reply correctly..lol oops but I just want to say that EVERY RACE is a statistical slice of pie when it comes to welfare benefits.. whether one race uses it more/less longer/shorter ..Nobody's superior were all human & children of god..He loves us all EQUALLY!!! So statistics don't matter..
. I agree with you we are all God's Children and for the record I have 3 hispanic/white grand children and proud of it. My youngest son has adopted 3 black children also and proud of him and them. I guess the one thing I have noticed is we say we are Gods children so how can anyone put to death the most innocent, the unborn baby. The fact is our current president supports this and the highest abortion comes from an ethnic group that claims to be Christian and they voted for Obama because he is half black/white, that's sad. I think we all need to critique our self and act like the Christians we claim to be. I was so disappointed with the response of many who felt George Zimmerman was a Guilty white man, this to me should the racism among the majority who stated that he was White, we know who this group is. Shame on those who claim to be Christian or believer sin God or law and order and then go out and break God's law's and Man's law. God Bless All Who are Believer's
Sista bless

United States

#6403 Sep 3, 2013
More whites have a head start from inheritance.
Sean

Pascagoula, MS

#6404 Sep 3, 2013
Nunya wrote:
I just pasted these from a government site:
With regard to AFDC the figures are:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.
Thanks for your post I just shot down a black person accusation that 90% of white people are on welfare. Yeah, thats not denial, it was just stupid.
Sista bless

United States

#6405 Sep 3, 2013
And lets not forget and always remember the founding fathers of the white race are still in control over The currency in America So if Blacks are the # 1 welfare receivers than im pretty sure there is a clear evident factor on why ask willie lynches remaining family..And if there are more whites on welfare thats a damn shame since there was over 400 of a head start

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6406 Sep 7, 2013
If you want to know the truth about whites being the ABSOLUTE LEADERS IN COLLECTING WELFARE...GO CHECK THE CENSUS FIGURES? CASE CLOSED!!!
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#6407 Sep 8, 2013
JOHNS ON TOP OF IT wrote:
If you want to know the truth about whites being the ABSOLUTE LEADERS IN COLLECTING WELFARE...GO CHECK THE CENSUS FIGURES? CASE CLOSED!!!
Agreed.

Thanks for stating the truth and the obvious.

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6408 Sep 8, 2013
ILAL wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Thanks for stating the truth and the obvious.
You're welcome....of course!
ILAL

Bronx, NY

#6409 Sep 8, 2013
JOHNS ON TOP OF IT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome....of course!
There's nothing like the truth although there are those who are willfully in denial.
KDiamond

United States

#6410 Sep 9, 2013
Not all who are on welfare abuse it either. My mother was once on welfare when she had my brother. She finished her college degree while working and raising my brother. Once she graduated, she received employment as a police officer. She used welfare to survive. You never saw her or my brother with the latest fashions or technology. She didn't buy any new cars or a house. She used welfare to get on her feet and once she did, she stopped. Not all people on welfare are lazy or spend it on unnecessary items.
Ken

Jacksonville, FL

#6411 Sep 12, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Before anyone cries "racist," keep in mind my prior post: there are reasons why the Black community may have a greater representation in this list. But what I was trying to accomplish was to get some of these posters to stop parroting the same old squawk: "More Whites are on welfare." Either they really don't get how stats work or they are deliberately being deceptive.
Agreed!
"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
- George Orwell
Bayano

San Francisco, CA

#6412 Sep 13, 2013
King Fish wrote:
<quoted text> the rioting in this country and civil unrest can never be justified by killing robbing innocent people and frankly when OJ Simpson got away with murder no rioting by White's, Korean's, Japanese, Hispanic's or any other ethnic group took place as did with the rodney king beating, black officers were involved along with White officers. I talked to a Korean family that was victimized by groups of blacks and they said had it not been for whites who showed up to defend their business they would have lost everything and maybe there lives. I guess some people plain and simple have a bad genes DNA flaw?
Would that include the white officers he savagely beat King?
mike cheeseman

Philadelphia, PA

#6413 Sep 14, 2013
nunya wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the link, but you do realize that it did not dispel my stats. I have never talked about the welfare queen in my post. I merely said that overall, there is a much greater percentage of Blacks on welfare, compared to Whites, FACTORING IN EACH RACE'S TOTAL REPRESENTATION OF THE POPULATION. As for the stats about White suburbanites, I had an experience in the 'burbs with a Hispanic couple and their two kids in front of me at the grocery store. They presented a LINK card and took their groceries. When I was done and was in the parking lot unlocking my BIKE, I saw the woman on a cell phone and her hubby loading the groceries into an SUV that looked to be late model and costing around $30K! What's wrong with this picture?
There is nothing wrong with that picture! Since when do we have to sell all our possessions to be on welfare or food stamps? Since i'm on disability, and have to get food stamps since disability doesn't pay enough, I'm supposed to sell my bmw, get rid of my flat screen tvs? throw away my $5000 Alienware laptop? So what you are saying is, all those middle class families that lost jobs and investments and now are on food stamps and welfare should not be permitted on welfare until they sell EVERY ASSET they own?! I wear name brand clothes, have the most expensive of electronics in my house. I am on food stamps. And what's the problem? I'm not allowed to have nice things because i need food stamps? I pay less for my name brand items than any average family NOT on assistance. I build better computer systems than any market. Yet I'm not allowed to have these things because you have an ignorant mindset of how I'm supposed to live on welfare.
Your judgmental attitude is just as racist as those high income bigots that talk down to a welfare recipient w an iPhone. Unless you know how they acquired that iPhone, like new car, nice house, you are nothing more than a bigoted, judgmental, ignorant person.
Erin

Valdosta, GA

#6414 Sep 16, 2013
OKKKAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!
So apparently everyone here would rather have 50% of ten dollars than 30% of a thousand dollars because the percentage is higher. Well more power to you....smh
Drhuxtable

Philadelphia, PA

#6416 Sep 23, 2013
Per capita blacks get more welfare end of story

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6417 Sep 24, 2013
Drhuxtable wrote:
Per capita blacks get more welfare end of story
Your opinion ain't diddly squat.

Go read theREAL STSTS AT USCENSUS.GOV

Lets see hiw smug you are after that???
Kkkeith

Hamer, SC

#6418 Sep 29, 2013
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
more whites are on welfare. That's a true statement and a fact. It's not inaccurate
Race: About 1 in 4 Black mothers of childbearing ages (1.5 million) were AFDC recipients, higher than the 7 percent of corresponding White mothers (2.1 million). Despite these differences in recipiency rates, Black AFDC mothers did not have significantly more children than their White
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/stat...
unless you failed 2nd grade math, you do know 2.1 million is more than 1.5 million
You must have failed 2nd grade entirely if you think that white women have more children and draw more welfare than blacks. If you need an example come to eastern nc and ride around for about 3 minutes. All the whites are working trying to make enough money to survive on their own and pay 50% of their wages to the ones that are sitting on the porches and swiping there ebt cards til they melt. Or better yet go down mlk blvd on check day and look at the streets littered with lottery tickets and then 3 days later they are all broke and crying to uncle sam with their hands out. The sad part is they get what they want, but everybody that doesnt live in a infested area such as the southeastern us think everybody is racist. Its a sad day in paradise
Kkkeith

Hamer, SC

#6419 Sep 29, 2013
JOHNS ON TOP OF IT wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion ain't diddly squat.
Go read theREAL STSTS AT USCENSUS.GOV
Lets see hiw smug you are after that???
Hear ye hear ye, listen to the true words of a welfare recepient. Just for the record john do you believe everything the government tells you? Probably so thats why you cant spell worth a fack

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pervert Alabama Republican Roy Moore 2 min Jake 113
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,658,635
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 5 min RUN Rauner Run 12
Why are black men so cruel? (Sep '13) 8 min FireFellow44 35
Why do black men make such hot girls? 9 min Blackboigurls 1
Stop the violence against black trans women 11 min Marcus Washington 12
Poll Are mixed race men more attractive than black men? (Feb '10) 17 min Warren h 216
Is this KIP? 29 min KIP 36
After the Nogs built the "Gypshun" dynasty they... 46 min I M WHITE 63
"Jews will not replace us!" 1 hr el rey de los cam... 83
More from around the web