Welfare Stats By Race: Let's Get Down...
Jason B

Worcester, MA

#6268 Mar 25, 2013
Numbers get thrown around here by people who either don't understand them or else use them to support their particular agenda.

Here are the real numbers.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1996-07-29...

"The statistics from the Bane-Ellwood studies out of Harvard show that the majority of first-time recipients seeking welfare are white, 60.1 percent versus 35.7 percent African-American. The vast majority of welfare recipients, however, come on welfare for a short period of time and then go off. To accurately understand welfare, these statistics must be studied from the perspective of who is on welfare at any one point in time. These statistics demonstrate that 48 percent of all people on welfare at any one time are white while 47.5 percent are African-American. Even more disturbing, of those on welfare 10 years or more, the available figures show twice as many blacks as whites.

In light of the fact that only 12 percent of the population is African-American, the implication of these statistics is beyond troublesome. It is damning. And not for the vast majority of those who eke out a living on a welfare check. They are damning for the rest of us who are at least in part responsible by both refusing to admit to the problem and then trying to solve it."

First let's be aware that the white number includes Hispanics. So although there are approximately the same number of whites (and Hispanics) as blacks (47.5% vs 48%) on welfare, the 12% of the population that's black has twice the actual numbers of their people on welfare for more than 10 years. Welfare was meant as a temporary stop-gap for people on hard times. For these people it's not a stop gap, it's a lifestyle. It's become generational.

So those are the facts.

The discussion on this forum should then be...why is this the case? How do we solve it? Is it racism? Is it personal choices? Is it an enabling government and abuser recipients?

My own opinion is that we have government policies that fund out of wedlock births to incompetent mothers and non-contributing, absentee fathers. These kids grow up in government subsidized poverty with other kids in the same situation and no positive role models in their lives. They go on to repeat the same mistakes and emulate the same lifestyles that the previous generation made. It's a self sustaining problem that no one wants to address, for fears of being called racist.

Nothing will change until politicians stop pandering for votes and people stop feeling like victims, stop making self destructive life choices, and start accepting responsibility for their actions.
bubbah

Bronx, NY

#6269 Apr 2, 2013
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
more whites are on welfare. That's a true statement and a fact. It's not inaccurate
Race: About 1 in 4 Black mothers of childbearing ages (1.5 million) were AFDC recipients, higher than the 7 percent of corresponding White mothers (2.1 million). Despite these differences in recipiency rates, Black AFDC mothers did not have significantly more children than their White
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/stat...
unless you failed 2nd grade math, you do know 2.1 million is more than 1.5 million
Yes, but I would venture to guess that 1/3 or more of those white welfare mothers have black kids/black baby daddies. Defintely the case here, 250 pound woman with ebt card usually has a brood of biracial kids in tow. Sorry.
Jason B

Worcester, MA

#6270 Apr 4, 2013
Isaiah Bradley wrote:
<quoted text>Even after decades of public discourse on the inequality of the criminal justice system, the United States continues to punish minorities, especially African Americans, who are arrested at rates far higher than Caucasians who are arrested. A new study by the National Council on Crime and Delinquency reveals little progress has been made in reforming a system of courts and prisons that has claimed an overrepresentation of African Americans, Hispanics and Native Americans in comparison to their composition in the U.S. population.
White Americans make up 67% of the U.S. population and 70% of those arrested, but only 40% of those who end up being sentenced to prison or jail and 56% of those on death row. African Americans, on the other hand, account for only 28% of Americans who are arrested, but constitute 40% of inmates held in prisons and jails, and 42% of inmates on death row.
The average prison sentence for a violent crime is about one year longer for African Americans than for Caucasians. African American youths are seven times more likely to be sentenced to an adult prison than are White youth.
-David Wallechinsky, Noel Brinkerhoff
Sorry friend but this one is a non-starter. Your figures don't take into consideration prior arrests (i.e. rap sheet) of the different races. A person who's arrested multiple times for drugs (or robbery, rape, etc) will always get a harsher sentence than a first time arestee. And anyone who watches the 6:00 o'clock news understands that Blacks tend to commit more crimes.

So instead of playing the victimization game and complaining about unfair sentencing you should be more concerned about why Blacks commit so much crime in the first place.

Which ties into this thread. Kids who grow up without fathers and barely functional mothers in government subsidized poverty (welfare) with other kids in the same boat and no positive role models in their lives are going to be marginal citizens and commit crimes. The problem is endemic and not racist.

So is this worth discussing?

“THE TRUTH MUST BE TOLD! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#6271 Apr 4, 2013
CB'S know without a doubt that they are overwhelmingly the "TOP RECIPIENTS OF WELFARE."

Why do you think they have to CLOUD THE WATERS...WITH ALL OF THIS "BLACK THE AND BLACK THAT???" IT'S TO HIDE THE FACTS ABOUT THEIR WELFARE RECORD???

WELFARE WAS CREATED FOR CB'S BY CB'S!!! BUT AT THAT TIME THE SO-CALLED BLACKS WERE PAYING THE TAXES, BUT WEREN'T ALLOWED TO BENEFIT FROM THEIR OWN MONEY. YOU KNOW, THAT STOLLEN FROM THEM BY THE GOVERNMENT???
Jason B

Easthampton, MA

#6272 Apr 4, 2013
JOHNS ON TOP OF IT wrote:
CB'S know without a doubt that they are overwhelmingly the "TOP RECIPIENTS OF WELFARE."
Why do you think they have to CLOUD THE WATERS...WITH ALL OF THIS "BLACK THE AND BLACK THAT???" IT'S TO HIDE THE FACTS ABOUT THEIR WELFARE RECORD???
WELFARE WAS CREATED FOR CB'S BY CB'S!!! BUT AT THAT TIME THE SO-CALLED BLACKS WERE PAYING THE TAXES, BUT WEREN'T ALLOWED TO BENEFIT FROM THEIR OWN MONEY. YOU KNOW, THAT STOLLEN FROM THEM BY THE GOVERNMENT???
And this is your brain on drugs.
jihad

Houston, TX

#6274 Apr 5, 2013
why doesnt everyone go to work and leave the money from taxes to the ones who earned it or really need the help.i think the government should drug test people who get welfare and food stamps and ssi social security all government help . it would stop alot of fraud
jihad

Houston, TX

#6275 Apr 5, 2013
how come i see more blacks on a all white commercials usually a black man and a white woman .why are they pushing race mixing because obamas dad was black and his mom was white. they were both atheist
El Boogie Bahama Beauty

Nassau, Bahamas

#6276 Apr 5, 2013
Sojourner wrote:
Blacks are brain washed by propaganda. Many want it believed that Blacks are lazy, unindustrious, etc. To make the point, trolls point to groups who have suceeded in the United States and to immigrating groups who are working low paid jobs.
What critics of African Amricans don't want you to see are the subsidies provided to people belonging to the "so called" successful groups.
The United States "loans" gives $billions to Israel, for example. Homeland security gives $millions to synagogues, Additional $billions were "loaned" given to Europe to rebuild. Take a look, for example, at what Ireland spends on welfare per person:
http://www.welfare.ie/topics/budget/bud07/rat...
What are the facts:
1.) The United States is no longer a manufacturiang based economy. Jobs are being outsourced or robotized. The country is importing much of it's goods, e.g., meat, vegetables, clothing, etc.
2.) Goods coming into the country are often products of slave labor. Only last week GAP's supplier in India was discovered using child labor. There are counltess shops such as the one supplying GAP thorughout Asia, South America, India, China, etc.
3.) Blacks traditionally have been the last hired and the first fired. There's nothing new. It only makes sense that as the job source declines, Blacks will be adversely and severely affected.
4.) Industry and facotries that are in the U.S. are often located in small towns, miles away from the areas in which African American poor reside. Transportation is a major issue.
5.) It is unfari to compare Blacks with Spanish immigrants as many of them don't appear on a payroll, don't pay Social Security, FICA and are not eligible for unemployment. You can get an idea of the drain caused by Spanish workers when you look at the budgets for hospitals and schools. This is normally paid for by taxpayers, Blacks as well as whites.
6.) Crime statistics--esp. now that local law enforcement arrests illegals--is also a source of comparison. Arizona, for example, allots a substantial portion of its budget to house incarcerated illegals and guard border crossings.
THANKS! And a final point here! IF BLACKS END UP ON WELFARE let's not forget the fact that for 500 years if you picked up ANY FORM OF LITERATURE, that ishhhhh COULD GET YOU LYNCHED! We have done a great job in trying to fill in the 500 year old gap from the EVIL HOLD OVER US!

Location hidden

#6278 Apr 6, 2013
Jason B wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is your brain on drugs.
Even when smoking and snorting your Meth, you still LIE!!! LOL!!!

At least you know you're on drugs. LOL...DOPE!!! LOL!!!
Jason B

Easthampton, MA

#6279 Apr 6, 2013
<quoted text>
Even when smoking and snorting your Meth, you still LIE!!! LOL!!!
At least you know you're on drugs. LOL...DOPE!!! LOL!!!
Well then pal, lets try to be specific. Exactly what did I write that was a lie? Let's discuss it. And don't forget to throw in lots of caps and exclamation points. That's sure to really impress me.

Otherwise you're nothing more than an ignorant little punk ass troll who laughs at his own jokes and only comes onto websites like this one long enough to toss out a few stupid, juvenile, barely literate racist cheapshots.

So do you understand me little man? Give me a reason to take you seriously.
Jason B

Easthampton, MA

#6280 Apr 6, 2013
El Boogie Bahama Beauty wrote:
<quoted text>
THANKS! And a final point here! IF BLACKS END UP ON WELFARE let's not forget the fact that for 500 years if you picked up ANY FORM OF LITERATURE, that ishhhhh COULD GET YOU LYNCHED! We have done a great job in trying to fill in the 500 year old gap from the EVIL HOLD OVER US!
Is that your point? That blacks are on welfare today because they were denied access to literature for 500 years?

Actually they were denied access to literature for thousands of years simply because blacks didn't have literature. In fact they didn't have a written language. Or books. Or authors to write the books. Or printing presses to print the books. Or libraries to read them in.

So you do understand that the literature they were denied was white literature don't you?

And while we're at it, lets take a look at your timeline. If white slave owners are responsible for the relative low levels of intelligence in the black community today by denying them literature as you say, and assuming that they were granted access to them in 1865, that means that they were denying them 500 years earlier, in 1365, almost 150 years before America was discovered, and 300 years before your people sold whites the slaves who came here.

I guess you guys do like to play the victim role don't you?

Location hidden

#6281 Apr 7, 2013
Jason B wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then pal, lets try to be specific. Exactly what did I write that was a lie? Let's discuss it. And don't forget to throw in lots of caps and exclamation points. That's sure to really impress me.
Otherwise you're nothing more than an ignorant little punk ass troll who laughs at his own jokes and only comes onto websites like this one long enough to toss out a few stupid, juvenile, barely literate racist cheapshots.
Who cares about impressing you?
You're SOS (STUCK ON STUPID)!!! LOL!!!

Location hidden

#6282 Apr 7, 2013
Jason B wrote:
<quoted text>
You've explained yourself Perfectly above. That's why you're not using a registered account.

You Racist Pigs always have to hide.
Jason B

Easthampton, MA

#6283 Apr 7, 2013
<quoted text>
Who cares about impressing you?
You're SOS (STUCK ON STUPID)!!! LOL!!!
In other words, you're too stupid to debate your stupid remarks so you resort to more stupid remarks. And to make sure people recognize just how stupid you really are, you put your stupidity into capital letters and add some exclamation points for emphasis. And since no one else thinks you're funny, you act as your own laugh track.

So don't worry about impressing me Junior. You couldn't impress a 10 year old.
Jason B

Easthampton, MA

#6284 Apr 7, 2013
I've been with this thread since 2009 and my first
post noted that nearly 70% of all black kids were born illegitimately.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/39993685/ns/health-...

Now their illegitimacy rate is over 72% and growing. The black family as a nuclear unit is essentially dead. And the rate is only this low because rural southern black men, bless their hearts, still tend to marry the mothers of their children...the rate is over 90% in the inner city. So the typical black family today consists of a (usually) marginal mother, an absentee baby daddy(s), a bunch of kids with different fathers and a welfare check. All of the other negative pathologies that afflict blacks... the crime, gangs, drug abuse, academic underachievement, health issues, HIV, obesity, incarceration rates, etc. is because of this one fact. Black kids grow up in poverty with no fathers, no positive role models in their lives with other kids in the same boat. This is the only lifestyle they know. They're doomed from the start. So the problem perpetuates and grows worse daily.

Racism doesn't make a an unmarried woman get pregnant. It doesn't make men walk away from their responsibilities to society and to their children.
These are personal choices. Bad personal choices. Which are enabled by flawed welfare legislation that rewards bad behavior and penalizes tax paying, law abiding citizens who live their lives correctly. These are serious issues that affect all of society, but they primarily impact blacks. I would expect to see here at least the same level of concern as I have.

That's what this thread should be about...not a place for mouth breathing, knuckle dragging idiots to post ignorant racist comments. I'd be glad to discuss this with anyone here.

However, if you want to turn it into an insult contest, I can play that game too. Your choice.

Location hidden

#6285 Apr 7, 2013
Jason B wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you're too stupid to debate your stupid remarks so you resort to more stupid remarks. And to make sure people recognize just how stupid you really are, you put your stupidity into capital letters and add some exclamation points for emphasis. And since no one else thinks you're funny, you act as your own laugh track.
So don't worry about impressing me Junior. You couldn't impress a 10 year old.
STFU STUPID.

I'm laughing at your STUPID ass while typing this post...STUPID.

You're NOTHING worth debating.

You're just another racist IDIOT...STUPID!!!
Gabe

Kotzebue, AK

#6286 Apr 7, 2013
Nunya wrote:
I just pasted these from a government site:
With regard to AFDC the figures are:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.
WOOHOOO!!! Asian's win!!! Guess we can't get mad about the Filipino and Chinese people bringing family over. They are needed for all the other lazy people to collect welfare from.
Jason B

Worcester, MA

#6287 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>
STFU STUPID.
I'm laughing at your STUPID ass while typing this post...STUPID.
You're NOTHING worth debating.
You're just another racist IDIOT...STUPID!!!
You just got your ass handed to you and you're laughing. There's really not much to you is there?

You said I posted lies. I asked you exactly what I posted that was a lie so we could discuss it. A real man would have taken the challenge. Or he would have recognized that everything that I posted was truth supported by credible links and apologized and we could have moved on. But you're not a man. You're a punk ass bitch with a ton of attitude and an ounce of brains. You're too stupid to debate and too stubborn to admit you're wrong.

So you fall back on the same old tired sick cliche...I'm a racist.

And you're a punk ass bitch.

Location hidden

#6288 Apr 8, 2013
Jason B wrote:
<quoted text>
You just got your ass handed to you and you're laughing. There's really not much to you is there?
You said I posted lies. I asked you exactly what I posted that was a lie so we could discuss it. A real man would have taken the challenge. Or he would have recognized that everything that I posted was truth supported by credible links and apologized and we could have moved on. But you're not a man. You're a punk ass bitch with a ton of attitude and an ounce of brains. You're too stupid to debate and too stubborn to admit you're wrong.
So you fall back on the same old tired sick cliche...I'm a racist.
And you're a punk ass bitch.
Ditto clown face.
Jason B

Easthampton, MA

#6289 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Ditto clown face.
Wow! Little bitch boy reaches deep into his bag of hasty rejoinders and invokes the Pee Wee Herman "I'm rubber and you're glue" defense.

I'm just curious. I'm doing to you what you like to do to others. So how do you like being my speed bag? How do you like being held up for ridicule? I ask this because I'm beginning to feel sorry for you. You can't defend yourself and you're too stubborn or too proud of your stupidity to let it go so you keep coming back for more. It makes me feel like I'm picking on a child. So I can keep this up if you like. You can continue to play the stinking methane spewing anus of the Topix website or we can discuss it like two rational men.

You said I was a liar, that I posted lies, and I don't like being called a liar. So once and for all, tell me what you think I said that was a lie and I'll be glad to defend myself. I promise to be civil and to support everything I say with credible links. If you can't or won't do this then you're proving that you're the liar.

It's really simple. Your choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thanksgiving is a WHITES ONLY holiday! 2 min PolakPotrafi 252
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Well Well 1,457,602
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 6 min Barros 50,546
News The real reasons the U.S. became less racist to... 7 min Frogface Kate 113
Deport barros 2017 10 min Barros 32
Islam rules of engagement . 23 min Barros 123
Islam an empire of faith (Oct '12) 42 min dcool 7,983
3 White Teens Arrested in Gang Rape of 13 yo 7 hr Mick 34
More from around the web