Welfare Stats By Race: Let's Get Down...

“MY EYES ARE OPEN”

Since: May 07

Land of the O's

#25 Oct 29, 2007
Nunya wrote:
I just pasted these from a government site:
With regard to AFDC the figures are:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.
I dont understand you intention. I hope they are pure...if not...your going to hell.

“MY EYES ARE OPEN”

Land of the O's

#26 Oct 29, 2007
mindofmensa wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re quite welcome….I’m smart enough to pick my battles wisely, hence the reason why I did not make a comment…I work with stats for a living, so therefore I know that blacks and Hispanics do disproportionately receive food stamps…However, it is unwise to assume that they’re economy suckers without taking into consideration many other factors that I won't get into…
I don’t know why so many people focus on welfare, as it sucks up only a very small percentage of US taxes…The majority of our taxes go to Social Security, Medicare (health insurance for the elderly)---500 billion combined; military, 300 billion; the INTEREST on the national debt, 250 billion; and assistance to the poor, to include food stamps, welfare, etc at only 105 billion….
Granted, many of these taxes are needed, such as Social Security and Medicare… But as tax payers, we should be more upset with funding the war and paying interest on the US debt, which is due to misappropriation of funds, than on the small percentage of taxes which go to the poor…
I agree wholehartedly!

“MY EYES ARE OPEN”

Land of the O's

#27 Oct 29, 2007
Sojourner wrote:
Blacks are brain washed by propaganda. Many want it believed that Blacks are lazy, unindustrious, etc. To make the point, trolls point to groups who have suceeded in the United States and to immigrating groups who are working low paid jobs.
What critics of African Amricans don't want you to see are the subsidies provided to people belonging to the "so called" successful groups.
The United States "loans" gives $billions to Israel, for example. Homeland security gives $millions to synagogues, Additional $billions were "loaned" given to Europe to rebuild. Take a look, for example, at what Ireland spends on welfare per person:
http://www.welfare.ie/topics/budget/bud07/rat...
What are the facts:
1.) The United States is no longer a manufacturiang based economy. Jobs are being outsourced or robotized. The country is importing much of it's goods, e.g., meat, vegetables, clothing, etc.
2.) Goods coming into the country are often products of slave labor. Only last week GAP's supplier in India was discovered using child labor. There are counltess shops such as the one supplying GAP thorughout Asia, South America, India, China, etc.
3.) Blacks traditionally have been the last hired and the first fired. There's nothing new. It only makes sense that as the job source declines, Blacks will be adversely and severely affected.
4.) Industry and facotries that are in the U.S. are often located in small towns, miles away from the areas in which African American poor reside. Transportation is a major issue.
5.) It is unfari to compare Blacks with Spanish immigrants as many of them don't appear on a payroll, don't pay Social Security, FICA and are not eligible for unemployment. You can get an idea of the drain caused by Spanish workers when you look at the budgets for hospitals and schools. This is normally paid for by taxpayers, Blacks as well as whites.
6.) Crime statistics--esp. now that local law enforcement arrests illegals--is also a source of comparison. Arizona, for example, allots a substantial portion of its budget to house incarcerated illegals and guard border crossings.
awesome post! as usual!

“MY EYES ARE OPEN”

Land of the O's

#28 Oct 29, 2007
Crackah wrote:
<quoted text> Congratulations.
Incidentally, neither my family, or myself, have ever partaken of the free government cheese either. Imagine that, white people living in Mississippi who have never been on welfare. I guess we are ALL bucking the curve here.
Crakah...you are acting like a b*tch. Just incase you didnt know. You claim...you are here to bash bigots, but it really seems more like you just like being around. no one asked you a damn thing....further more...its not assumed that someone like you would be on welfare....and if you were or your family was...its would be assumed with out reservation...that you needed it. This is not afforded to AA people.

You really need to engage in some self exploration.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#29 Oct 29, 2007
cville_baddog wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts need to be complete. These are not complete
Hey cville - I agree with you, too, the facts need to be complete and accurate. What do you see missing in these stats? Sorry for the "lazy" post - I'm goofing off at work - so I haven't critically analyzed the data.
Sojourner

Sun City, AZ

#30 Oct 29, 2007
1blkbaltimorefem wrote:
<quoted text>
awesome post! as usual!
Thanks. Notice the trolls won't answer. They want to condemn Blacks and hide their warts. They expect the world to ignore the obvious.
Neophite

Chicago, IL

#31 Oct 29, 2007
Nunya wrote:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
To break down these numbers, we look at how many Whites are in the population as a WHOLE. If Blacks make up less 14% of the population and are almost 40% of all receipients, then they represent about 2.5 times their actual population. Since Whites are over 50% of the total US pop., they represent less than their overall piece of the pie, population-wise. Hispanics are at least 15% of the general population, so they take only about as much as what their population represents. Why am I writing this? Because I am tired of the misrepresentations on this issue. I read so many on here claiming that more Whites are on welfare than Blacks (true, in terms of raw numbers), yet not accounting for the fact that there are over 4X as many Whites in this country than Blacks! In statistics, you cannot go by mere numbers. Only if the playing field is exactly equal, which is rarely is! This thread was started, not to be racist, but to keep it real. After all, there are some legitimate reasons for Blacks to be on welfare more than Whites. But the worst thing anyone can do is be in denial.
Where's this stuff from, if you got it from here, then this thread is a damn joke!

http://www.h-net.org/~state/threads/welfare.h...

“PEACE !!!”

Since: Oct 07

why

#32 Oct 29, 2007
Dont make me laugh. White are in more denial than anyone else in this country. It sickens me to actually have to look in you people face everyday knowing that you will deny every proven fact denouncing your race as possible. You people just have to be better than every other race, but baby as long as you piss and sh1t like the rest of us, you are human.
Nunya wrote:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
Give me a break

Myrtle Beach, SC

#33 Oct 30, 2007
Lona wrote:
Dont make me laugh. White are in more denial than anyone else in this country. It sickens me to actually have to look in you people face everyday knowing that you will deny every proven fact denouncing your race as possible. You people just have to be better than every other race, but baby as long as you piss and sh1t like the rest of us, you are human.
<quoted text>
You know what makes me sick? Watching how you all write! Get an EDUCATION and quit worrying about the white people! Why don't you all quit bitching and get off your asses and earn something once in a while! You know why white people have started recieving welfare? We were tired of seeing yall drive a car up to the welfare office that costs as much as your house. We were tired of paying for you all to live on us, so we decided to live on you all "foe" a while! Let's understand that! Please, you all make me sick with your BLAME GAME! Who cares if you don't like us, we don't like YOU!(now go take care of your 20 babies that don't have a father)

Charlottesville, VA

#34 Oct 30, 2007
JohnnyQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey cville - I agree with you, too, the facts need to be complete and accurate. What do you see missing in these stats? Sorry for the "lazy" post - I'm goofing off at work - so I haven't critically analyzed the data.
Its very simple. Its only focusing on one form of welfare - AFDC. There are other forms that go with it that I detailed earlier including WIC, Farm Subsidies (I am talking about the ones that pay farmers NOT to farm thier land), EIC, Utility refunds just to name a few.

“Interdependence is necessary”

East Coast

#35 Oct 30, 2007
Give me a break wrote:
<quoted text>You know what makes me sick? Watching how you all write! Get an EDUCATION and quit worrying about the white people! Why don't you all quit bitching and get off your asses and earn something once in a while! You know why white people have started recieving welfare? We were tired of seeing yall drive a car up to the welfare office that costs as much as your house. We were tired of paying for you all to live on us, so we decided to live on you all "foe" a while! Let's understand that! Please, you all make me sick with your BLAME GAME! Who cares if you don't like us, we don't like YOU!(now go take care of your 20 babies that don't have a father)
Let's see if I can make sense of your post. You say that white people are on welfare because you all got tired of black people living off of you, so you decided to live off of the black people, who are, according to your view, all on welfare. Hmmm, doesn't make sense. It seems the white people on welfare are actually living off the income of other hard-working white folks since the majority of black people are on welfare. Whatever...

Oh, before I forget, it's i before e except after c. You can figure out why I wrote that.

To the OP, when you look at welfare statistics, do they account for the 50 million illegal immigrants that are receiving these benefits as well? I believe if that were applied to this percentage, then there would be a huge difference between the groups of welfare recipients.

“MY EYES ARE OPEN”

Land of the O's

#36 Oct 30, 2007
Give me a break wrote:
<quoted text>You know what makes me sick? Watching how you all write! Get an EDUCATION and quit worrying about the white people! Why don't you all quit bitching and get off your asses and earn something once in a while! You know why white people have started recieving welfare? We were tired of seeing yall drive a car up to the welfare office that costs as much as your house. We were tired of paying for you all to live on us, so we decided to live on you all "foe" a while! Let's understand that! Please, you all make me sick with your BLAME GAME! Who cares if you don't like us, we don't like YOU!(now go take care of your 20 babies that don't have a father)
VICTIM!!!

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#37 Oct 30, 2007
cville_baddog wrote:
<quoted text>
Its very simple. Its only focusing on one form of welfare - AFDC. There are other forms that go with it that I detailed earlier including WIC, Farm Subsidies (I am talking about the ones that pay farmers NOT to farm thier land), EIC, Utility refunds just to name a few.
I just read your previous post. Yes, I absolutely agree that all forms of "welfare" or "public assistance" should be detailed and woven into the final interpretation.

I do think that some conclusions could probably be drawn based on AFDC statistics alone (i.e. who is it intended to help, in what way, how does it help, how have the statistics changed over time, and most importantly WHY would there be a discrepancy that appears to follow a "color line"?).

BUT - the intent of most people when they cite statistics about Blacks on welfare is to demonstrate a "Black drain on society" - and from that perspective, ALL types of "welfare" should be taken into account. Corporate welfare should go to the front of the line, in my opinion. It's true: wealthy White males that run companies are recipients of public assistance, too. Disproportionately so.:-)
Nunyabeezwax

Chicago, IL

#38 Oct 30, 2007
mindofmensa wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re quite welcome….I’m smart enough to pick my battles wisely, hence the reason why I did not make a comment…I work with stats for a living, so therefore I know that blacks and Hispanics do disproportionately receive food stamps…However, it is unwise to assume that they’re economy suckers without taking into consideration many other factors that I won't get into…
I don’t know why so many people focus on welfare, as it sucks up only a very small percentage of US taxes…The majority of our taxes go to Social Security, Medicare (health insurance for the elderly)---500 billion combined; military, 300 billion; the INTEREST on the national debt, 250 billion; and assistance to the poor, to include food stamps, welfare, etc at only 105 billion….
Granted, many of these taxes are needed, such as Social Security and Medicare… But as tax payers, we should be more upset with funding the war and paying interest on the US debt, which is due to misappropriation of funds, than on the small percentage of taxes which go to the poor…
I just posted the stats to counter the common refrain on here that more Whites than Blacks collect welfare, which is only true by raw numbers and not taking into account population. If they continue to say the same things, then I'll know they are deliberately being misleading...
Nunyabeezwax

Chicago, IL

#39 Oct 30, 2007
cville_baddog wrote:
and please understand welfare takes more forms that just AFDC, there are farm subsidies, wic, EIC, utility refunds, food stamps, ect... Welfare is any government etitlements that are recieved but not earned. Please factor all welfare issues into your numbers when making a point.
If you type in the name of the gov. org. I cited my info from (it's on the beginning of the original post), you will see that they include other programs.
Nunyabeezwax

Chicago, IL

#40 Oct 30, 2007
Lona wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I can't even get past wow. "You people," huh? Not individuals, just everyone as one big conglomeration of hate and prejudice. I pray that you are healed from your bitterness. A White person must have wounded you at some point. I am a person of color (White/Hispanic) and look the part. Hopefully on the street, you wouldn't give me a dirty look...(Oh, and the whole purpose of my original post was to point out the inaccuracies of people on here.)

“Real Black Men Speak English”

Level 4

Bmore

#41 Oct 30, 2007
Nunyabeezwax wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. I can't even get past wow. "You people," huh? Not individuals, just everyone as one big conglomeration of hate and prejudice. I pray that you are healed from your bitterness. A White person must have wounded you at some point. I am a person of color (White/Hispanic) and look the part. Hopefully on the street, you wouldn't give me a dirty look...(Oh, and the whole purpose of my original post was to point out the inaccuracies of people on here.)
You didn't point put any inaccuracies. You stated that that a larger percentage of the black population is on welfare than the white population percentage, which is true. However when someone says there are more whites on welfare than blacks, that's not inaccurate in real numbers. It's absolutely true and I already posted the numbers for you. You need to feel good about your fellow whites being on welfare by using percentages, but there are still more white people on welfare than blacks.
Intuit

Middletown, OH

#42 Oct 30, 2007
Despite what some people may have assumed this is actually useful information to counter trolls with.

I mean W O W ! A whole 1% difference and despite the historic economic disenfranchisement. How few a percentage would be on welfare if early pioneers had rights to their inventions, work and land? Lots of money stems from selling the aspects of one's culture such as the many movies based on Knights, fairies and magic; or how there are at least a few oriental started and run food chains in any given city area. Does that speak to our success as a people or what ? So much less to work with yet, still pull'n out ahead! Really, really tough to hold us down it is... and to note, it seems we got the best of the trolls in this particular thread. Score another for the team, eh ?
nunyabeezwax

Chicago, IL

#43 Oct 30, 2007
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
more whites are on welfare. That's a true statement and a fact. It's not inaccurate
Race: About 1 in 4 Black mothers of childbearing ages (1.5 million) were AFDC recipients, higher than the 7 percent of corresponding White mothers (2.1 million). Despite these differences in recipiency rates, Black AFDC mothers did not have significantly more children than their White
http://www.census.gov/population/socdemo/stat...
unless you failed 2nd grade math, you do know 2.1 million is more than 1.5 million
Are you trolling or did you actually READ my original post (or did you ever take a Statistics course)? FORGET HOW MANY MILLION BLACKS AND WHITES ARE ON WELFARE; BLACKS HAVE ONLY 14% OF THE POPULATION! Let's go by your stats on mothers (which doesn't take into account men, by the way): 25% of Black women are on welfare compared to 7% of White women. That is almost 4X as many Black women as White women, STATISTICALLY! Don't you get that raw numbers are not valid in comparisons unless both groups have exactly the same amount of people?
Sojourner

Sun City, AZ

#44 Oct 30, 2007
Nunya wrote:
White 38.8%
Black 39.8
Hispanic 15.7
Asian 2.4
other 3.3
Not to rain on your parade, but
Af. Ams have been targeted by Republicans and Democrats for the last 35 years. It's a wonder, truly, that as many Black women oare on AFDC as there are. To understand what's going on, you must figure in abortion rates, incarceration of both Black men and women--esp. during reproductive ages. Teens thrown in with adult felons. Finally, you look at the legislation aimed at limiting the number of children eligible for state subsistence and/or the number of years a woman can rely on AFDC . You can also factor in infant mortality, neo natal immortality, etc.
Under the Geneva Convention, much of what has happened to Blacks in this country would qualify as genocide, esp. the targeted abortion efforts and the throw-em-in-jail and throw=away-the-=key practices.
Putting aside the reaction of white politicians, the problem is Black leadership, esp. the African American ministry. Rather than speak out for and work to insure a vibrant economy, they have stood by and watched our jobs get outsourced while our youn are bein imprisoned or aborted.
It is to Jesse Jackson's credit that he did work to bring jobs into the African American community.(Opeation Push) He understood that without meaningful employment, the Black community would face dire circumstances, and this is--most likely--the reason why Jackson is so hated by many in the reactionary white establishment, as he demonstrated that Blacks are willing to work. The question is: Where are the jobs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump's lack of moral compass leaves America on... 4 min youll shoot your ... 985
News African Americans face highest risk for multipl... 4 min Snr 5
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Aquarius-WY 1,644,099
Who Are The Best All Around Athletes? 7 min Snr 7
THX....I hear ur division serves the Pacific ri... 24 min Harrisson 19
News Racism and Nationalism Were Central to the Elec... 27 min anonz 16
I feel like I can't be with a white guy if he's... 32 min Dixieeland 168
Mouthy know-it-all BW. ugh... 1 hr FireFellow44 44
Can The Great White Hope Turn America Around In... 3 hr Hmm the meanie 30
Homogeneity Is The ONLY Way To MAGA 3 hr Kip 39
Everyday I thank the Lord I am Black!! 12 hr Blackhead Popper 393
More from around the web