Are we selfish for not supporting His...

Are we selfish for not supporting Hispanic Women?

Posted in the African-American Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#1 Apr 27, 2013
The Puerto Rican and Dominican thread got me to wondering about why don't BW just embrace Hispanic and Mixed women so they can end the white supremacy beauty standards. I think us BW are beautiful like WW but Americans don't take interest in us in the media. I am so sick of seeing European women on TV that I would be willing to support another group who can say over throw them out the media. And Hispanic women are amongst the most celebrated women and I think it would be cool for BW to just support these women so we can see more minority beauties. And the same applies to mixed/biracial women.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 Apr 27, 2013
Latinas are very insecure about BW.
They have lower self esteem than we do. Black men adore them and uplift them above BW, yet you will still see comments on youtube and forums of latinas posting bitter unpleasant comments about us.

They have their own battles to overcome.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 27, 2013
Again! You still insist on spreading your warped racist idea about Latinos! Yu have a serious anti Latino racist issue. See a shrink!

Location hidden

#4 Apr 27, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
Latinas are very insecure about BW.
They have lower self esteem than we do. Black men adore them and uplift them above BW, yet you will still see comments on youtube and forums of latinas posting bitter unpleasant comments about us.
They have their own battles to overcome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FDGxPwWnHeIXX
If they do hate us then that can explain why BW who live amongst them may not want to support them in the media. They should also embrace us because it will benefit them.

Location hidden

#5 Apr 27, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
Again! You still insist on spreading your warped racist idea about Latinos! Yu have a serious anti Latino racist issue. See a shrink!
How am I anti latino if I want to support them.
London

Powell, OH

#6 Apr 27, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>If they do hate us then that can explain why BW who live amongst them may not want to support them in the media. They should also embrace us because it will benefit them.
How?
Amelia Sugar COCAINE

Castle Rock, CO

#7 Apr 27, 2013
I thought BW already supported hispanic women being that they relate more to hispanic women than white women. But sassy, that was very thoughtful and mature of you to say. I personally don't think minorities of any kind should be fighting with each other as whites already do enough to divide. There are beautiful women across the boards, but I have to say that with this said European features are not the standard. And I do see a slight trend with the media recognizing this. They've "discovered" beauty of color and rightfully so. Dark skinned, light skinned, tanned, pale...there's beauty in all of these. The media is a perfect tool to control the masses. I'd like to see more minority women too in the media being portrayed as beautiful too especially Native American women (full blooded).

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#8 Apr 27, 2013
The ideal standard of beauty in Latin America is the European. That's why they send Latina white women to the Miss Universe contest.

Location hidden

#9 Apr 27, 2013
Amelia Sugar COCAINE wrote:
I thought BW already supported hispanic women being that they relate more to hispanic women than white women. But sassy, that was very thoughtful and mature of you to say. I personally don't think minorities of any kind should be fighting with each other as whites already do enough to divide. There are beautiful women across the boards, but I have to say that with this said European features are not the standard. And I do see a slight trend with the media recognizing this. They've "discovered" beauty of color and rightfully so. Dark skinned, light skinned, tanned, pale...there's beauty in all of these. The media is a perfect tool to control the masses. I'd like to see more minority women too in the media being portrayed as beautiful too especially Native American women (full blooded).
We should try to control the media and not just be in it. I also appreciate the beauty from all races including NA people. I would like to see a Puerto Rican or Dominican based sitcom.
Amelia Sugar COCAINE

Castle Rock, CO

#10 Apr 27, 2013
Brainiac2 wrote:
The ideal standard of beauty in Latin America is the European. That's why they send Latina white women to the Miss Universe contest.
I probably should've stated "in my opinion" there is no set standard being that I have seen drop dead gorgeous women in all groups across the aisle, but in the media, yes in Latin America the standard of beauty is white/European.
Amelia Sugar COCAINE

Castle Rock, CO

#11 Apr 27, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>We should try to control the media and not just be in it. I also appreciate the beauty from all races including NA people. I would like to see a Puerto Rican or Dominican based sitcom.
Hmmm those two types of sitcoms would be without a doubt very hilarious being that both hold very strong personalities in my opinion. I'd watch it though as long as it isn't too trashy like the shows All my baby mamas and Honey Boo Boo. Yes, we should try to control some of that media. Even BET is owned by a white person, isn't that correct? That's what I heard.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 27, 2013
Amelia Sugar COCAINE wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm those two types of sitcoms would be without a doubt very hilarious being that both hold very strong personalities in my opinion. I'd watch it though as long as it isn't too trashy like the shows All my baby mamas and Honey Boo Boo. Yes, we should try to control some of that media. Even BET is owned by a white person, isn't that correct? That's what I heard.
Yes and the minute The white owners (Viacom) bought it they started hiring latina women for the more popular should. Many blacks were rightfully mad. Just because I support Latina women don't mean that they should replace us on our few shows. I think Latina and Mixed people will be great for mainstream entertainment.
London

Powell, OH

#13 Apr 27, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and the minute The white owners (Viacom) bought it they started hiring latina women for the more popular should. Many blacks were rightfully mad. Just because I support Latina women don't mean that they should replace us on our few shows. I think Latina and Mixed people will be great for mainstream entertainment.
So if white Latinas and/or mixed people (who are closer to white) are better for mainstream entertainment, what is the benefit to them to align with bw? How will this benefit them?
Amelia Sugar COCAINE

Castle Rock, CO

#14 Apr 27, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and the minute The white owners (Viacom) bought it they started hiring latina women for the more popular should. Many blacks were rightfully mad. Just because I support Latina women don't mean that they should replace us on our few shows. I think Latina and Mixed people will be great for mainstream entertainment.
I also want to include that cultured educated black women would be great for mainstream entertainment as well. I was wondering why when I flick across BET and it's usually always a drive-by, I see latinas hosting the music segments and other parts. I found that to be strange. Granted these are usually and always black latinas or heavily African ancestrial ones, but surely they can find black women to host these things. They already have their own latino channels. Yes, definitely need to be more blacks in owning some media.
black man

United States

#15 Apr 27, 2013
Shalimarr wrote:
Latinas

but you talk like all bm do it, just some bm uplift them over bw not all bm. so when you say bm say some bm next time.

“Pick ya poison, Ya Bish!”

Level 6

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#16 Apr 27, 2013
I believe before we support other women, we must support other black women first. We aren't selfish for not supporting Hispanic Women, i know many BW who support HW. The thing is are Hispanic Women willing to support us?... I doubt they're complaining about seeing more of US on T.V. Black women do indeed embrace Hispanic and Mixed women. How many of them are embracing us ?

"I think us BW are beautiful like WW but Americans don't take interest in us in the media." You Think ? We are!!! what do you expect from America ? We need blacks to start owning parts of the Media, we must represent ourselves, If we wait around for the media to represent US positively we will be waiting forever. The best way to bet a person is play them at their own game.

I agree though i will love to see more minorities IN the media, in a positive light.

“Reality is merely an illusion”

Level 7

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#17 Apr 27, 2013
sassyntrashy wrote:
The Puerto Rican and Dominican thread got me to wondering about why don't BW just embrace Hispanic and Mixed women so they can end the white supremacy beauty standards. I think us BW are beautiful like WW but Americans don't take interest in us in the media. I am so sick of seeing European women on TV that I would be willing to support another group who can say over throw them out the media. And Hispanic women are amongst the most celebrated women and I think it would be cool for BW to just support these women so we can see more minority beauties. And the same applies to mixed/biracial women.
Go live in Africa or Asia if you dont like seeing European women on TV.
London

Powell, OH

#18 Apr 27, 2013
BlackReign wrote:
I believe before we support other women, we must support other black women first. We aren't selfish for not supporting Hispanic Women, i know many BW who support HW. The thing is are Hispanic Women willing to support us?... I doubt they're complaining about seeing more of US on T.V. Black women do indeed embrace Hispanic and Mixed women. How many of them are embracing us ?
"I think us BW are beautiful like WW but Americans don't take interest in us in the media." You Think ? We are!!! what do you expect from America ? We need blacks to start owning parts of the Media, we must represent ourselves, If we wait around for the media to represent US positively we will be waiting forever. The best way to bet a person is play them at their own game.
I agree though i will love to see more minorities IN the media, in a positive light.
Are they asking for the support of bw? And there are lots of bw in media. Blacks are actually over represented in media, which in truth, creates a lot of problems on its own.

Level 8

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#19 Apr 27, 2013
Do "Hispanic" women (white women of Spain/ euro descent) support Black women? For the most part, NO...no they don't.

I think we should be inclined to those who are inclined to US.

Location hidden

#20 Apr 27, 2013
London wrote:
<quoted text>
So if white Latinas and/or mixed people (who are closer to white) are better for mainstream entertainment, what is the benefit to them to align with bw? How will this benefit them?
I am not talking about white latinas I prefer the Rosalyn Sanchez and Cassie Bentura type latinas so don't put words in my mouth. And mixed BW and latinas are women who represent the.melting pot that is America so I am rooting for them all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Cheech the Conser... 1,619,765
Why do Italians call us mooleys??? wat is dat (Oct '07) 21 min Fucisil 86
Libtards like George W. Bush now 36 min Fucisil 7
News Former Hillary Staffer Accidentally Admits Demo... 47 min Fucisil 7
NFL : Empty stadiums 53 min Fucisil 35
King Harrisson is the most sexy dude on Topix 55 min God h8s jigs 27
Can America Become 80% White Again? 55 min Deanna 159
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 2 hr Trollslayer 35,285
Poll Why Do Outlaw Biker Gangs Allow Hispanics To Jo... (Feb '11) 3 hr Leroy 264
More from around the web