“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#44 Nov 17, 2012
Hoods and ghettos were like the blck mans urban 'Indian Reservations'....
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#45 Nov 17, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure...
But I do observe that when 'blcks' were the most brightest, strove for exellence, obeyed 'god'...had two parent house holds..did everything right, and just wanted to live the 'American Dream'...that's when they were brutalized the most by 'Klanish' protesters or demonstrators...bricks thrown at them and everything...
And for what...wanting to learn how to read, wanting to get an education, so they could live responsibily and not depend on the Government....
So instead of them being rewarded, like the Asians would have been, instead they were brutalized by the Klan and or people with a klanish mentality...
Scarred, emotionally hurt...to this day I listen to some of the stories told by older African Americans...those in like their 50's, 60's, 70's...and they tell these stories like it occured yesterday to them...
Hoods exist...cause that's where 'whtes' wanted them to be...blcks...
And now it has come back to haunt them big time...all of us...
I troubles me how some so conviently forget history...or parts of history that help exlplain things...
How much better, if blcks were allowed upward mobility back then...oh how different the culture would be today, within the urban community...
But stupid racist got in their way and prevented that...and then stupidly wonder why things are the way they are today...
Very logical. In fact, so logical as to seem inevitable since it has been confirmed via extensive experiments and observation that the frequency of any behavior which is immediately followed by the purposeeful infliction of physical or emotional pain will either be drastically reduced or else elimininated altogether..

Negative reinforcement it's called and the results should be no surprise to anyone familar with it. In fact, common sense alone tells us that if we consistently and systematically punish positive behavior it will encourage its opposite.

The problem is that the hatred common to racism is so strong that racists really don't care as long as they can inflict damage.

That of course in no way justifies a victim's retaliation on the innocent to avenge the wrongs of the guilty. In fact, becoming the spitting moral image of moral monsters is a defeat in itsel.
But understanding the reason for any damaging social phenomenon is a step in th eright direction in finding a way to eventually irradicate it.
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

#46 Nov 17, 2012
Very logical. In fact, so logical as to seem inevitable since it has been confirmed via extensive experiments and observation that the frequency of any behavior which is immediately followed by the purposeeful infliction of physical or emotional pain will either drastically reduce or elimininate it altogether.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#47 Nov 17, 2012
yes...so in a way...this is like what 'whites' wanted from the begining....

A projection of ther own low expectation of 'blcks'...or 'slaves'....

In a odd way, the current out come on many, is indeed what they wanted...

That whole 'divine destiny' concept that was embraced by so many back in the 17th,18th,19th century which justified the slaughtering of tribal cultures under this idea that they were simply fulfilling 'gods' will...

Sorry...I know I'm kind of getting off course here...

But for those who actually enjoy 'thinking'...this stuff is intriguing....

Like Newtons law of 'every action has a equal and opposite reaction'....which apparently applies to the physical and metaphysical worlds as well...

When former slaves...later designated as 'colored' or 'blacks' or ect...simply wanted to better their lives, go to school, and be productive citizens...

The dominant, whte, population did it's best to brutalize them in every way...and deny them all opportuniies to excell....

But yet play dumb today, when discussing why or how things or communities are the way they are...

Only through honesty can the discusion be moved forward...

“>3 =O”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

los angeles

#48 Nov 17, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
I now have a phobia against urban males who dress 'hoodish'...
Or older males, in the hood, who aren't employed...I have a phobia against that type...that whole shady behavior type of walk, sway, mindset...
Cause these kind of males bring destruction wherever they go or habitate...
In the past, dureing more traditional times...
Dad/mom had kid or kids...raised them with values...they went to school, got an education...
After high school...either joined military or went to college or learned a trade, joined Union ect ect...
Induvisuals from families like this are happier, have much high, healthier self esteem, have incentives to stay out of trouble...
But now, in hood areas, that whole structure has been shattered...totally shattered...
Now you have adult males loitering around convient stores, schemeing....always schemeing...
It would be like being in Germany and having a bunch of skin heads lingering around corner stores and planning crime and mischief...
It's the same thing in the hood...only the males here who do that are 'blck'...
In other communities they could be hispanic, or even whte or Asian...but where I'm at they're blck...
And I can only write about where I'm at...
They loiter around in groups or alone...plotting...
And they're never plotting how to raise money for college, or how to invent the next electronic device...it's alway how to make an easy buck...how to victimize someone, take someones stuff...
And it's only after they've been in and out of jail a dozen times, and are older, do they 'slow down'...
I know the groups you are talking about. I always make a u turn when I see them, god forbid if I'm on foot.

“>3 =O”

Level 5

los angeles

#49 Nov 17, 2012
I know I am kind of hard on generation Y BM and that I talk negatively about them but there's that 1% in me that still feels kind of sorry. I read somewhere that not having a father in the home affects boys in a negative way. They are more likely to succeed in school, more socially outgoing, family values, leaders, etc.

Each generation keeps failing the next, and it is only getting worse. The sad part is when the BM that are doing the right thing...stop caring about everyone else. A lot of us already don't care, and the saddest part is that I am becoming one of them.

“>3 =O”

Level 5

los angeles

#50 Nov 17, 2012
*If there is a father in the home, they are more likely to succeed in school, more socially outgoing, family values, leaders, etc. I think that good men CAN come from matriarchal homes, but when it comes to black people, that does not seem to happen.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#51 Nov 17, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
yes...so in a way...this is like what 'whites' wanted from the begining....
A projection of ther own low expectation of 'blcks'...or 'slaves'....
In a odd way, the current out come on many, is indeed what they wanted...
That whole 'divine destiny' concept that was embraced by so many back in the 17th,18th,19th century which justified the slaughtering of tribal cultures under this idea that they were simply fulfilling 'gods' will...
Sorry...I know I'm kind of getting off course here...
But for those who actually enjoy 'thinking'...this stuff is intriguing....
Like Newtons law of 'every action has a equal and opposite reaction'....which apparently applies to the physical and metaphysical worlds as well...
When former slaves...later designated as 'colored' or 'blacks' or ect...simply wanted to better their lives, go to school, and be productive citizens...
The dominant, whte, population did it's best to brutalize them in every way...and deny them all opportuniies to excell....
But yet play dumb today, when discussing why or how things or communities are the way they are...
Only through honesty can the discusion be moved forward...
If indeed white society programmed AA society for self destruction then the problem is far more difficult than it might seem since cultural perpetuation via socialization is extremely difficult to stop or modify.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#52 Nov 19, 2012
Jstylez wrote:
I know I am kind of hard on generation Y BM and that I talk negatively about them but there's that 1% in me that still feels kind of sorry. I read somewhere that not having a father in the home affects boys in a negative way. They are more likely to succeed in school, more socially outgoing, family values, leaders, etc.
Each generation keeps failing the next, and it is only getting worse. The sad part is when the BM that are doing the right thing...stop caring about everyone else. A lot of us already don't care, and the saddest part is that I am becoming one of them.
I cn relate to your last paragraph...about after a while it becomes about your own induvisual survival and or just 'letting go' of a certain class...

That if the Government and billions of dollars can't help...there's no way an induvisual can help or change...if anything you get 'burnt' or 'beat up' or 'harraced' or 'robbed' or all of the above and then some...

It's just hard to help folks, anyone, when they don't see nothing wrong with their behavior to begin with...

Unfortunalty people like that have to get locked up, victimize many people, get older, and start to face their own mortality, before then they become more reflective and start questioning their path in life...

But by then, it's usually of little consequence...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#53 Nov 19, 2012
Jstylez wrote:
*If there is a father in the home, they are more likely to succeed in school, more socially outgoing, family values, leaders, etc. I think that good men CAN come from matriarchal homes, but when it comes to black people, that does not seem to happen.
Most black males in the hood have been socially 'nuetralized'...and are basically only used as 'breeders' by blck women...

Outside the 'hood'...these blck male types are as awkward and insecure in general society as a penguin is out of water...

A few though, do to exposer to other cultures or places or a careing parent or coach ect ect...realize they have to change or adapt to larger society...become more 'refined'...

But many do not...and continue with the whole hood mentality and grunge dress, well into adulthood...

In the hood, as with any primative existance, your survival and definition of self comes from brute force, forcing will on others ect ect...

But outside the hood...a mans definition of self comes from the kind of income he can generate...earning power...

And because so many hood males have choosen the 'brute force' path...their earning power 'legal earning power'...is reduced to crumbs...and thus since they don't or can't earn the bread, are discarded by blck wmn when it comes to decision making in the household...a further assualt on their manhood...which may be one reason for the rise in the whole 'dl' thing...don't know...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#54 Nov 19, 2012
Oddly enough...a strong stern blck Father like 'James' on the TV show 'Goodtimes'...would be resisted by many blck women of today...who just aren't use to seeing real life examples of strong stern blck fathers...

Even though in theory, they always say that's what they want...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#55 Nov 23, 2012
Blog...

When you get older...you start to care less about color and more about behavior...and all you really want is piece, calm and quiet...

Where I stay...this complex, which I think is under new management...I think they're done with the whole section 8/Hud experiement..and are now leaseing to young, working class people...to include young suburban 'whites'....

And I welcome the change...
I totally welcome the change...cause I myself work...
And the working class and the welfare class just don't belong together...

I will not miss the thuggish, loitering blck males at all...who were, are, only here cause of female relations...

Get rid of the section 8 female types, and the thuggish, trouble making male types leave too...cause then they have no place to 'chill'...

And instead bring in younger, suburban working class people of all colors and backgrounds...people with jobs, people with responsibility...and the place begins to change...for the better...

Many apt manager groups are realizing the whole section 8 experiment was, is, a failure...and some are now returning to normal working class or student types...who are way more socially responsible...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#56 Nov 23, 2012
Also, fair or not...cops, the police...value white life over tan or brown life...so the more whites you have living in an area, the more vigilant and responsive the police are...

So if more whites mean more protection...I'm all for it...

Cops don't play around when it comes to the safety of 'white folks'.....

Even 'blck' cops will respond to the scene quicker...if they think the person they're responding to is 'white'...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#57 Nov 23, 2012
i didn't come here with this attitude initially...
I just always thought most blacks were as open, culturely open as younger whites are or were...I was dead wrong...at least in the SE....

When I talk to white guys...the discusion can go anywhere...space, science, politics, entertainment...they are just so much more well rounded...
But when i talk to blck guys...it's all just 'thuggish' jibber jabber....they don't watch the news...don't know history...don't know about science, math, geography...nothing...it's pathetic...at least in the SE....

Maybe it's different other areas...

But white folks are just way more 'plural' in their understanding of the world...right or wrong...their perspective can be wrong at times...but at least you can hold a decent conversation...where as the blck males can't talk at all...unless its street lingo, broken dialect...

Very disappointing...
timex

Runnemede, NJ

#59 Jan 2, 2013
I don't live in the hood but one of my properties is in the hood.. that people live in and pay me money to live in..

but I grew up in the hood nothing ever happened.. when I was there lol..

I mean I visited the hood but I didn't really well I guess we were in the good parts I wasn't there too often though..

I grew up kind of like in a forest.. with family land..
and they sold it..
and we're famous and know bill cosby ..
and my cousin is a white guy..
and that's the one that was adopted I have other cousins I ain't even know about that was white because my mulatto grandma got given away for adoption because she was half black..
timex

Runnemede, NJ

#60 Jan 2, 2013
used to play a lot of video games all day I know that.. in and out the hood video games all day..

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#61 Jan 2, 2013
It just disquests me how people in the South East urban areas like to throw trash on the ground...

To me that is such an ugly behavior...

I mean in apartment complexes, that look decent...but still these people move in, and throw trash on the ground...that type of disregard for ones own enviornment really disqusts me...

And then Latino maintance workers have to come in and pick up the trash....

I will never be able to relate to people who don't care about their own enviornment...even when given a better decent place to live...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#62 Jan 2, 2013
i mean they just open car door and discard McDonalds trash right next to vehicle....

I mean who enjoys living in filth like that??

And it doesn't bother them at all...in the least slightest bit...

It's just a 'class' thing I guess...

But it's a big turn off to me...

“Univ. of Texas-Med School!!! ”

Level 5

Since: Dec 12

Cypress, TX

#63 Jan 2, 2013
Materialism

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#64 Jan 3, 2013
Materialism...in response to post 61...

That's a legitamit gripe...

People make up for lack of culture or self with 'materialism'...it's a symptomn of something that is lacking within...

But materialism can be found far outside the bounds of the hood...

But what makes it silly in the hood, is where people are poor, if they'd put aside materialism, and use that money instead to invest in education...things could change...

But in the hood, no one ever really thinks beyond next week...not until they get older anyways...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The average black man is 5 - 5.5 inches, black ... (Feb '14) 2 min MELANATED 26
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nuculur option 1,193,534
All women prefer white men 5 min hackney 2,684
Why Do White People Smell Like Wet Dogs? (Mar '13) 8 min sweet shnitz 22
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 9 min Carly HI YAH 110,284
Joe Biden: Selma civil rights marches, gay righ... 9 min Toby 10
do you believe in REINCARNATION? 13 min Black Dimwits 2
Jessie Washington Lynching 43 min Klaus666 73
Africa DO NOT Need you Black Americans. (from m... 1 hr Hetero-Sapien 121
White US children will be minorities by 2020 af... 2 hr TheOriginalDoby 51