los angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

BROWNMAN20 wrote:
<quoted text>I dress different, and when I go through my neighborhood, folks look at me crazy, and I hate the pitbulls that people have, because they start roaming the neighborhood. I have to carry pepper spray with me, and a small knife, just in case, because you never know when you will see one walking near you.
I've only been in that situation once, it was east of downtown. I showed the dog I was not a threat, gave it the beef jerky I had in my pocket, and walked away. I hate dogs btw

“>3 =O”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

los angeles

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, that's a west coast hood...I don't have much experience over there...
Even though I'm from the West Coast...I'm from the upper Pacific North West...
The hoods I live in or around now are totally colonial souther type hoods...or what they call the 'Dirty South'...
Where basically southerners invented or started their own brand of 'hip-hop' and or style and taste...
But I can still relate to what your saying about carrying the base guitar...
In the hood, at least here, if your carrying a base guitar in a case like that...they think the following...
1. There's really a weapon in there...
2. They must of stole it, and are now trying to pawn it...
3. They must be 'gay'...
But never once does it occur to them that your an induvisual just enjoying life, art, and music...
In the Hoods down here...if it's not 'rap'...they just don't recongnize it...so so sad...
I think they suspect #3 and they look at me weird when I say I don't listen to rap or hip hop. I only like songs for the instrumentals/beats, but that's it. I notice that I tend to look down and talk bad about them, is that bad? I much rather not have to see or think about them. There's a lot of those same people on this site, since when did ratchets use forums?

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

I now have a phobia against urban males who dress 'hoodish'...

Or older males, in the hood, who aren't employed...I have a phobia against that type...that whole shady behavior type of walk, sway, mindset...

Cause these kind of males bring destruction wherever they go or habitate...

In the past, dureing more traditional times...

Dad/mom had kid or kids...raised them with values...they went to school, got an education...

After high school...either joined military or went to college or learned a trade, joined Union ect ect...

Induvisuals from families like this are happier, have much high, healthier self esteem, have incentives to stay out of trouble...

But now, in hood areas, that whole structure has been shattered...totally shattered...

Now you have adult males loitering around convient stores, schemeing....always schemeing...

It would be like being in Germany and having a bunch of skin heads lingering around corner stores and planning crime and mischief...

It's the same thing in the hood...only the males here who do that are 'blck'...

In other communities they could be hispanic, or even whte or Asian...but where I'm at they're blck...

And I can only write about where I'm at...

They loiter around in groups or alone...plotting...

And they're never plotting how to raise money for college, or how to invent the next electronic device...it's alway how to make an easy buck...how to victimize someone, take someones stuff...

And it's only after they've been in and out of jail a dozen times, and are older, do they 'slow down'...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

And there's nothing 'Obama' can do for these types...nothing...

I certainly don't see good will and love, in and around the hoods, just cause Obama is President...

I still see and observe the same ole reckless, gutter, habits...the same violence...the same hostility ect ect...

Conservatives always say..."What has Obama done for blck folks"...

What exactly is he suppose to do for blck folks???

People have to want to change, see the obsurdity of their behavior and lifestyle...if not, no President can help this class of urban dweller...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Fashion and style don't even exist in the hoods anymore...

At least with the males...where all the males feel they must dress like a rapper...and look as thug and primative as possible...

I think the Eighties, and 90's were the last time that style actually mattered in lower income blck communities...before 'blck grunge' took over everything...

where even guys in their 30's and 40's feel they must dress like Lil Wayne...

Living or embracing the hood lifestyle cripples ones mental growth...that's why everyone in the hood acts like an adult kid...cause you can't mature in that enviornment...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Living in the hood can kind of be described as the horror movie with Will Smith in it titled 'I'am Legend'....

Where he was like, or thought he was, the last person on Earth...

By day, it was some what safe to roam around the streets...cause the 'infected' were sensitive to sun light...and only came out after dark...

Very very similuar to how hood dwellers are...
sleep, slouch, through out the day, wake up, come out at night and hide amongst the shadows...

Anyways...in the movie..as soon as night time came..he locked himself up in his Apt...secured the doors and windows...and just stayed still and quiet...

And there's a scene in the movie where he's laying in the tub, next to his dog, holding a weapon, and you can hear the most horrific screams and sounds being carried out by these zombies who were running around terrorizing the streets...

That movie...'I am Legend' starring Will Smith...pararells life in the hood on many levels...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

What makes a place a 'hood'...

1. Section 8 housing scattered through out the working class areas..

2. HUD housing, scattered throughout working areas..

3. Any place where u have a ton of socially irresponsible people living off the Government, there by never learning to take personal responsibility for self, never ever really growing up...

4. Places where marriage is about none existant..and women marry the 'system'...in favor of a man...and raise their kids alone...without a Father around to guide and instruct them and dicipline them...

You add or mix all that together...and you have a hood...

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Jstylez wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean. It is best for us normal guys to keep them out of our lives. They love to use the hood as an excuse for the way they act but my friend has been around them all his life and he is nothing like them. The only thing he does is smoke weed yet he got near straight A's class back in HS (mind=blown)
Brown man are you generation Y? I am, most of our generation embarrass me.
Gen Y.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Jstylez wrote:
<quoted text>
I've only been in that situation once, it was east of downtown. I showed the dog I was not a threat, gave it the beef jerky I had in my pocket, and walked away. I hate dogs btw
I thought about the beef jerky think lol. I would hate to stab a pitt, or spray it. They leave their dogs on chains, and do not walk them, and when they do, its never on a leash! A big ass dog, walking behind them, or on the side of them lol.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

I think I was born to late...
When i look at, watch, older movies like 'Invasion of the body snatchers'...(the 70's version)...and I see he extra cast of blck folks...

They dressed and acted their age...
The men were men...and the women were women...
This was way before the juvenile deliquent mentally crippling rap hit the social scene...

Even though social oppression was obviously more real back then..blacks in the hood, in society, just seemed more mature...

And maybe that goes for everyone...regardless of color...

Maybe society as a whole, is just changing..and it's effecting everyone...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

There was a time when, like back in the 60's, Panther era, when you wanted to run towards a blck man for protection...now, in this modern socially perverted era...when u see blck males walking down the streets acten all clownish...you want to run away from them, avoid them...

Boy how times have changed...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Rap artist exploit the 'blck' community for their own gain...

Rap artist...preach, teach, everything that 'god' or the god of the bible said not to do...yet these rappers are embraced by so many in the hood...

Just think about that...

What spirit are people in the hood following now days??

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Another thing I don't like about living in or near the hood is that you will find yourself socially isolated...

If you live in or near an urban hood, or any of that urban section 8 stuff...even if you yourself stay in a decent place...no one will ever want to come visit you...ever....

If you have Asian or white friends or co-workers...they will never want to come visit you cause of where you live...

And if they do, once they see a trail of thug style, urban grunge styled males wearing saggy gownish shorts around thier ankles while walking...and or hanking out in parking lot...then they, your guests, freak out...

Think their going to get mugged or something...

it's unfortunate, but that's just how people are...you can visit them...but don't ever expect them to visit you...not in the hood anyways...or places percieved as the hood...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

When you wear those odd fitting, gownish shorts, where the waste line is thigh level...if forces the one wearing it to walk like a 'tranvestite'...

Watch the Rocky Horror Picture show, or any other production put on by transvestites, and that's how they walk...that 'shuffle' walk...

But they, transvestites, do it cause of wearing tight skirts..

The simularities are very striking...
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Judged:

Well, I grew up in an infamous NJ hood and what most bothers me now is the time I wasted in gangs. Time that could have been used for improving myself.

What most bothered me then was the inexplicable hatred that I sensed from the Italian and Irish- community toward us.

This perplexing hatred was first painfully brought to my attention by my third-grade freckled-faced red haired female Irish teacher.

I had been pinned against the of floor with a concrete step digging into my pubic bone and increasing mountain of kids piling on top at the narrow etrance door after I was pushed and tripped at the bottom of the stairwell.

Seeing her standing there a few feet away through my blinding agony, I desperately I reached out with my free hand for her help. Her response was to stare at me with an intense, murderous hatred, turn her back and calmly walk way.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Animal Galindez wrote:
Well, I grew up in an infamous NJ hood and what most bothers me now is the time I wasted in gangs. Time that could have been used for improving myself.
What most bothered me then was the inexplicable hatred that I sensed from the Italian and Irish- community toward us.
This perplexing hatred was first painfully brought to my attention by my third-grade freckled-faced red haired female Irish teacher.
I had been pinned against the of floor with a concrete step digging into my pubic bone and increasing mountain of kids piling on top at the narrow etrance door after I was pushed and tripped at the bottom of the stairwell.
Seeing her standing there a few feet away through my blinding agony, I desperately I reached out with my free hand for her help. Her response was to stare at me with an intense, murderous hatred, turn her back and calmly walk way.
Sorry to hear that...I know that the North East hoods have dynamics all their own...unique to that area...

That movie 'The Bronx tale'...by Robert De Niro kind of tells a similuar story that you shared...

I can only wonder the kind of posts I'd be posting if I lived up in that area...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Animal Galindez wrote:
The ironic or sad thing about it is, back then...smart 'blcks' who wanted to actually get ahead, were the ones brutalized by 'racists'....

That's what I find so ironic...

The people that often faced the wrath of 'racist' back then weren't the low level street criminals...but rather those who actually were 'decent' humans, citizens, who wanted an education, who wanted to be responsible, and just fit in...but they were brutalized emotionally and physically for wanting that...

And now today, most 'whtes' wish blcks were like they were back in the 50's and 60's and some of the 70's...striveing for education, striving to work, to fit in and be responsible...

But when blcks did act that way, or strive for those things in masses...they were brutalized...

So the backlash to all of that now seems to be the 'thug' culture...

Odd...
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that...I know that the North East hoods have dynamics all their own...unique to that area...
That movie 'The Bronx tale'...by Robert De Niro kind of tells a similuar story that you shared...
I can only wonder the kind of posts I'd be posting if I lived up in that area...
Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can find that Deniro film you mention.

BTW
The projects where I grew up, Columbus Homes, were finally demolished in the early nineties. Ironic since they had levelled a large section of the Italian neighborhood to build them despite the protests of the Italian residents.
Animal Galindez

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
The ironic or sad thing about it is, back then...smart 'blcks' who wanted to actually get ahead, were the ones brutalized by 'racists'....
That's what I find so ironic...
The people that often faced the wrath of 'racist' back then weren't the low level street criminals...but rather those who actually were 'decent' humans, citizens, who wanted an education, who wanted to be responsible, and just fit in...but they were brutalized emotionally and physically for wanting that...
And now today, most 'whtes' wish blcks were like they were back in the 50's and 60's and some of the 70's...striveing for education, striving to work, to fit in and be responsible...
But when blcks did act that way, or strive for those things in masses...they were brutalized...
So the backlash to all of that now seems to be the 'thug' culture...
Odd...
Interesting explanation. Is that the current sociological official view?

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Animal Galindez wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting explanation. Is that the current sociological official view?
Not sure...

But I do observe that when 'blcks' were the most brightest, strove for exellence, obeyed 'god'...had two parent house holds..did everything right, and just wanted to live the 'American Dream'...that's when they were brutalized the most by 'Klanish' protesters or demonstrators...bricks thrown at them and everything...

And for what...wanting to learn how to read, wanting to get an education, so they could live responsibily and not depend on the Government....

So instead of them being rewarded, like the Asians would have been, instead they were brutalized by the Klan and or people with a klanish mentality...

Scarred, emotionally hurt...to this day I listen to some of the stories told by older African Americans...those in like their 50's, 60's, 70's...and they tell these stories like it occured yesterday to them...

Hoods exist...cause that's where 'whtes' wanted them to be...blcks...

And now it has come back to haunt them big time...all of us...

I troubles me how some so conviently forget history...or parts of history that help exlplain things...

How much better, if blcks were allowed upward mobility back then...oh how different the culture would be today, within the urban community...

But stupid racist got in their way and prevented that...and then stupidly wonder why things are the way they are today...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••