First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#1 Nov 1, 2012
I live in and around the hood, or people with a 'hood' mentality...
It all kind of happened by accident...and if I had it all to do over again...I would of never moved to this region of the country where you have generational poverty and behavior, that keeps people locked into that cycle...

I am a person of color, so my comments are not generated by 'racism' or to 'just be mean'...
But my comments are generated by real life frustration...which may sound mean at times, cause I'm affected by what I will be writing about...and so are others...

So with that out the way...let me get started...

1. The fact that in the hood or hood areas, or people with a urban hood mentality...the enviornment seems to matter very little...and they love to liter, throw trash on the ground...

I find this behavior deplorable...and I don't care who does it...people who just walk by, eating this or that, drinking this or that...and feel they can just liter, throw their trash on someones lawn, is a symptom of a sick mind...a mind detached from the community they live in...
Throw trash on the ground, destroy the enviornment in which you live...that mindset very much so disturbs me...and is but a surface insight into how they, one who would do such a thing, reasons on other levels...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#2 Nov 1, 2012
2. Why do people living in the SE hood areas, choose to live, dress, walk, talk, act 'gutter'...even though in 2012 they don't have too?
I don't get it...
These single mothers get all this free or discounted housing in nice areas, bring their sons, and or boyfriends...and even though the housing is fairly decent...they still choose to drag that hood, ghetto, gutter style with them...

I just don't get it...
I thought the intent was to always improove upon, do better than the past generation...and for a while that was occuring...until 'Rappers' replaced 'Pastors' in the hood as being the primary influence on people...

I see guys acting all, dressing all, talking all, ghetto and gutter, even though they don't have to...
Speaking improper and sloppy, even though they don't have to...as if they have accepted a lower standard for themselves...that no one else has imposed on them, but them....

There is nothing or no one in society that says you have to speak, act, behave and dress gutter...accpet 'self'...

So why would 'self' lead 'self' down such a path...when there are so many other options??

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#3 Nov 1, 2012
It's as if people living in the SE hood areas have accepted, almost embraced, this lower 'caste' system or role for themselves and their off spring...
I just don't get this repeating the same ole destructive patterns over and over thing...

I use to think women were intellegent, until I moved to the SE hood areas...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#4 Nov 1, 2012
Well right now they are selling gas in the hood. Because of hurricane sandy there's no gas stations open. Where can you get gas...in the hood
Sooo... Say what u want about them

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#5 Nov 1, 2012
The SE hood areas are the most culturly dead, bland, areas I have ever lived in in my whole life...
When Holidays role around...there is no decorations, no trick a treating, no costumes, no nothing...just this basic, base, survival mindset...where there is no room for arts and creative thinking...

Where every male has to follow the 'thug' role template, saggy goofy pants ect ect...

Where the only music you ever hear from car stereos in the hood is rap rap and more rap...and the bland, dry, foul, SE type rap at that...

Basically just criminals, bragging about their exploits on the microphone and recording it for others to listen to...

No Christmas music, on Christmas...all you hear is rap rap, and more foul rap...even the women listen to it now...or some soppy R&B love jingle song...
Where some guy lies, and says how much he loves the woman....

There is no diversity in the hood...none...just clones...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#6 Nov 1, 2012
How can anyone claim to be so intellegent, yet embrace such destructive habits??

Where they let their kids roam around and scream like primates...instead of excercising thier brains with homework or after school programs...or making them read, study, assemble electronic objects...
Instead, their allowed to play wildly, and run around screaming like primates, annoying the hll out of everyone...

And then wonder why, years later, SAT scores suffer, are flat...Cause while they were running around wild, like primates, screaming, other communities had their young uns in the books, or enrolled in after school learning programs, or the scouts or sports, or anything contstructive...

It has nothing to do with 'race' and everything to do with 'stupidity'...chooseing to be stupid, produces stupid results...

Since: Feb 11

Da Projects

#7 Nov 1, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
It has nothing to do with 'race' and everything to do with 'stupidity'...chooseing to be stupid, produces stupid results...
You nailed it. Most poor people, regardless of race, are poor simply because they are dumb as rocks. Blaming, making excuses, playing the victim, etc. cannot make the fact that poor choices and stupidity is the reason why most people living in the hood have lives with little to no value.
smitty boy

Summerville, SC

#8 Nov 1, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
How can anyone claim to be so intellegent, yet embrace such destructive habits??
Where they let their kids roam around and scream like primates...instead of excercising thier brains with homework or after school programs...or making them read, study, assemble electronic objects...
Instead, their allowed to play wildly, and run around screaming like primates, annoying the hll out of everyone...
And then wonder why, years later, SAT scores suffer, are flat...Cause while they were running around wild, like primates, screaming, other communities had their young uns in the books, or enrolled in after school learning programs, or the scouts or sports, or anything contstructive...
You a racist!

“War is the father of all”

Level 4

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Nov 1, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
It's as if people living in the SE hood areas have accepted, almost embraced, this lower 'caste' system or role for themselves and their off spring...
You're right.
Raj moghul

UK

#10 Nov 1, 2012
smitty boy wrote:
<quoted text>You a racist!
You mean Realist surely, the average ghetto AA Is becoming more feral
Year on year, just watch hard core pawn, that TV show is showing a lot if the world why AA ghetto trash need their own holocaust ASAP.

“>3 =O”

Level 5

Since: Mar 12

los angeles

#11 Nov 1, 2012
You would be a lot happier in a diverse environment. I avoid hood figures like the plaque.
Hurricane

Carlisle, PA

#12 Nov 2, 2012
Raj moghul wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean Realist surely, the average ghetto AA Is becoming more feral
Feral? That's easily the best politically correct word to describe black folks that I've ever heard.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#14 Nov 2, 2012
Jstylez wrote:
You would be a lot happier in a diverse environment. I avoid hood figures like the plaque.
You are 100% correct...

Cause one thing I've learned over the last few years, is that there is no 'diversity' in the 'hood'...
Everyones the same...
And if you do stand out...you quickly get picked on...

At least that's how it is in the South East Colonial hoods...not sure how it is in hoods elsewhere...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#15 Nov 2, 2012
Thing about it though...
There have always been pools of poor people living together, poor communities...
But there was a time, in the past, when these communities strove for more, and produced great music, like Jazz, blues artist (who influenced many of the classic rock bands)...

Very colorful moving soul tracks...that inspired people to do better...

In the past, being poor, didn't mean you walked around without 'class'...

But today it's just the opposite...
People living in these communities just seem to embrace, almost celebrate, being 'gutter'...

I see mothers, who through housing vouchers, are allowed to live in nice to decent apartment complexes...yet their sons still walk around all 'hood'...
And the men they date and attract or are attracted to are also 'hood'....

Next thing you know...this nice clean, well kept place becomes 'ghetto'...

It's like they do it to themselves...
Even when given a chance to live in a nice, clean enviornment...they still manage to, over time, turn it into the hood...just odd...

“>3 =O”

Level 5

los angeles

#16 Nov 5, 2012
Time and Space wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100% correct...
Cause one thing I've learned over the last few years, is that there is no 'diversity' in the 'hood'...
Everyones the same...
And if you do stand out...you quickly get picked on...
At least that's how it is in the South East Colonial hoods...not sure how it is in hoods elsewhere...
My friend lives near crenshaw, I visit once every ten days and I bring my electric bass over and carry it in a case. You should see the stares I get from hood boogers, just for being different. I am thinking about not going anymore, we will just have to practice in my neibhorhood.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#17 Nov 6, 2012
I hate when they embrace the stereotype and play it out! I live near the hood now, but Im moving soon. I did not really grow up in the hood, but I was never too far from it. Their is a young man I see all the time, and I tell him he needs to get a job, and go to school, he will not listen. His mother smokes weed with him, and her boyfriend, who just got out of prison, is trying to get her to cut ties with her son. I actually thought she was a confused individual, but now I know, she is rejecting her son, without her boyfriends help, and her son wants attention, thats all. Her daughter cut her off, and does not speak to her. Its like people dont want to be better than what they are or something. I hate liter as well. They act like the woods is a dumpster, and a community trash can is right their, but they miss it! The community is detached. My neighborhood was not like that at all growing up, but we were middle, and upper middle class by many people standards. Hate seeing these young girls dress grown and pregnant, and the guys and girls not valuing themselves.

“The Love Below”

Level 8

Since: Apr 10

ATL

#18 Nov 6, 2012
Jstylez wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend lives near crenshaw, I visit once every ten days and I bring my electric bass over and carry it in a case. You should see the stares I get from hood boogers, just for being different. I am thinking about not going anymore, we will just have to practice in my neibhorhood.
I dress different, and when I go through my neighborhood, folks look at me crazy, and I hate the pitbulls that people have, because they start roaming the neighborhood. I have to carry pepper spray with me, and a small knife, just in case, because you never know when you will see one walking near you.

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#19 Nov 6, 2012
Jstylez wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, that's a west coast hood...I don't have much experience over there...

Even though I'm from the West Coast...I'm from the upper Pacific North West...

The hoods I live in or around now are totally colonial souther type hoods...or what they call the 'Dirty South'...

Where basically southerners invented or started their own brand of 'hip-hop' and or style and taste...

But I can still relate to what your saying about carrying the base guitar...

In the hood, at least here, if your carrying a base guitar in a case like that...they think the following...

1. There's really a weapon in there...
2. They must of stole it, and are now trying to pawn it...
3. They must be 'gay'...

But never once does it occur to them that your an induvisual just enjoying life, art, and music...

In the Hoods down here...if it's not 'rap'...they just don't recongnize it...so so sad...

“Pancakes and eggs...”

Level 4

Location hidden

#20 Nov 6, 2012
Another sad thing that demonstrates how this new sect of urban dweller has lost all sense of culture, style and taste...is whenver they have like a blues festival, or Jazz festival, celebrating old time blck music legends...guess who shows up....

Younger whte neo-hippie types...
Or older whte educated suburban types...

And or older blcks over the age of 45 usually...

The newer generation has no, none, absolutly about zero appreciation for the past...the old jazz and blues and rock greats...

It's rap rap rap...or urban R&B...love music type stuff...
Outside of that...it's like they're def tone to any other type of music or expression...

And again...I find that sad...very sad..

Since when did white people become more diverse than blcks??

But this only applies to urbanized blcks living in the hoods...

The further away from the hoods a blck person is raised...the more 'normal' and 'adjusted' they seem to be...and I guess that applies to hispanics as well...and or even whtes...

“>3 =O”

Level 5

los angeles

#21 Nov 7, 2012
BROWNMAN20 wrote:
I hate when they embrace the stereotype and play it out! I live near the hood now, but Im moving soon. I did not really grow up in the hood, but I was never too far from it. Their is a young man I see all the time, and I tell him he needs to get a job, and go to school, he will not listen. His mother smokes weed with him, and her boyfriend, who just got out of prison, is trying to get her to cut ties with her son. I actually thought she was a confused individual, but now I know, she is rejecting her son, without her boyfriends help, and her son wants attention, thats all. Her daughter cut her off, and does not speak to her. Its like people dont want to be better than what they are or something. I hate liter as well. They act like the woods is a dumpster, and a community trash can is right their, but they miss it! The community is detached. My neighborhood was not like that at all growing up, but we were middle, and upper middle class by many people standards. Hate seeing these young girls dress grown and pregnant, and the guys and girls not valuing themselves.
I know what you mean. It is best for us normal guys to keep them out of our lives. They love to use the hood as an excuse for the way they act but my friend has been around them all his life and he is nothing like them. The only thing he does is smoke weed yet he got near straight A's class back in HS (mind=blown)
Brown man are you generation Y? I am, most of our generation embarrass me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,192,984
All women prefer white men 7 min hackney 2,674
ferguson 9 min KIP 7
White US children will be minorities by 2020 af... 9 min ugly monkeys 12
Hide yo kids V2 10 min Untouchable Lotus 3
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 10 min unfazed 110,096
‘Lost Boys Of Sudan' In Georgia Sue Producers O... 12 min Chilly Rock 1
Africa DO NOT Need you Black Americans. (from m... 30 min freddie47 105
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 1 hr Gmoney 31,244
Jessie Washington Lynching 1 hr DerekJ 48