Lupita is NOT the worlds most beautif...
Marcus Washington

Austin, TX

#64 Apr 25, 2014
Blaq honey wrote:
My thing is beauty belongs to an individual not an entire race but if I must compare of course I'm gonna think we are the baddest b$@@) black women are known for curves and copied for them white chicks stay in the tanning salon. Trying to get my natural color sun kissed tan. And keeping it super real their beauty time only last about 10 years 15 at the most unless they are super rich whereas a black woman could look good well into her 50s naturally if she eats right and stays in the gym. We don't need anti aging treatments like them so it's absolutely hilarious when a white person tries to put us down on the beauty tip. I'm just like you look like a corpse at 50 GTFOH
Girl STFU WW don't want to have Black skin they want to have that sexy exotic Olive skin complexion that most Latinas have. smdh don't get it twisted. They don't want to look like Precious.
Mike

Middle Village, NY

#65 Apr 25, 2014
Let me say that Lupita Nyong'o is NOT ugly or unattractive, but that said she's no great beauty either. Outside of having nice eyes there's nothing really special about her ... no fact, the same people claiming she's beautiful are the same people who said that about Gabby Sidibe and we know too well about that clowning.

There are lots of darker skinned women who are truly beautiful, but its not this avg. looking woman who Hollywood has fallen over themselves because they're too lazy/racist to give other - more deserving - Black Women this title.
SadButTrue

Chantilly, VA

#66 Apr 25, 2014
HannahDe89 wrote:
She is far from ugly, she is actually quite pretty. But the worlds most beautiful? I mean, really???
I really don't think so. Can we all atleast agree on that?
Maceo

Thats about every Woman or Man period!

Like the said some folks are World Sexist men I laughed everything is relate!

She's still a naturally beautiful woman!

I know you don't like Dark skin women but she's beautiful!
SadButTrue

Chantilly, VA

#67 Apr 25, 2014
Mike wrote:
Let me say that Lupita Nyong'o is NOT ugly or unattractive, but that said she's no great beauty either. Outside of having nice eyes there's nothing really special about her ... no fact, the same people claiming she's beautiful are the same people who said that about Gabby Sidibe and we know too well about that clowning.
There are lots of darker skinned women who are truly beautiful, but its not this avg. looking woman who Hollywood has fallen over themselves because they're too lazy/racist to give other - more deserving - Black Women this title.
Maceo

She's beautiful period!

Gabrielle Union and Kerry Washington are also in the same issue of People Magazi9ne! I will say Liz your Ex White wife was ugly as hell 6179

Even White people laughed and said it!
Mike

Middle Village, NY

#69 Apr 25, 2014
blackjapanese wrote:
....I have heard biracial, light-skinned, darkskinned and even some African people say that she is unattractive and ugly. They are only saying that, because she is darkskinned....
This is what is wrong with her supporters - everything goes down to her being dark skinned. I can say that your only saying she's beautiful because she's dark skinned. I understand the dark skinned ladies haven't been receiving much shine lately, but its only because of convenience that people are promoting Lupita as beautiful.

She's a nothing-special looking woman - and I'm being kind. I don't blame anyone for thinking she's ugly/boyish-looking I bet you were posting trash like Fatty Sidibe was beautiful too

“Karma”

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#70 Apr 25, 2014
Marcus Washington wrote:
<quoted text>Girl STFU WW don't want to have Black skin they want to have that sexy exotic Olive skin complexion that most Latinas have. smdh don't get it twisted. They don't want to look like Precious.
you are super dumb and UNEDUCATED! Latinas come in all colors from white to pitch black with kinky hair Latino is NOT a race dum dum. Secondly black women come in all colors from yellow to tan to light brown to brown to dark brown to dark chocolate get your facts straight first. Becky stay in the sun TRYING to get my pretty olive complexion lol

“Lovely soul”

Level 2

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#71 Apr 25, 2014
Blaq honey wrote:
My thing is beauty belongs to an individual not an entire race but if I must compare of course I'm gonna think we are the baddest b$@@) black women are known for curves and copied for them white chicks stay in the tanning salon. Trying to get my natural color sun kissed tan. And keeping it super real their beauty time only last about 10 years 15 at the most unless they are super rich whereas a black woman could look good well into her 50s naturally if she eats right and stays in the gym. We don't need anti aging treatments like them so it's absolutely hilarious when a white person tries to put us down on the beauty tip. I'm just like you look like a corpse at 50 GTFOH
Amen! Although my mom smokes (ik it's bad) and doesn't need to go to the gym, her beauty comes naturally. Just like all black women!

Since: Apr 14

London, UK

#72 Apr 26, 2014
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text>Ms Lima is mixed race and that's a fact and beauty belongs to the individual person there is no one race more beautiful than another. LUPITA has beauty she has perfect smooth flawless skin that white women WISH that had ww have the worst skin out of all the races it's bumpy , blotchy, veins show thru past 30 and start to wrinkle at 25 HA!
Yes I know Adriana is of mixed heritage. Your point is what exactly? Did I state anywhere that she wasn't? No.

Pointing out white womens flaws as if I'm going to take offense when I'm not even white. Get your facts straight, we as black women wear weaves, get thinner noses (if we can afford it) some bleach, and ironically our biggest idol is beyonce (a blonde wig wearing, light skinned black and creole woman whose def had a nose nob) buy yet you want to rave on about white women's flaws looool dont make me laugh.

There is beauty in all races just like there are flaws. And that is the truth.

London, UK

#73 Apr 26, 2014
Tishauna wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the magazine means it in only a PHYSICAL way. I think they mean personality wise. She's a beautiful person inside and out. Lol who would you prefer? Nicki Minaj? In her 2014 form? Or say maybe Beyoncé? I'm glad it's one of the little guys (girls for this matter) that wins this title.

We don't know if she's a beautiful person on the inside as unless you're a close friend or member of her family, none of us know her on that level, right? We only see what she portrays to the media, likewise with all celebs, some may seem humble and what not but behind closed doors it could be a different story. And to be fair, with the way she looks, she was never going to come out all acting ratchet and loud as I'm sure she knows (and we know too) that she wouldn't for one second get away with that behaviour. With her looks she HAS to be nice and smiley always humble.

When you have 'most beautiful' awards the public aint thinking or assuming it's referring to inner beauty, strictly outer. So on that basis I'd rather Sanaa Lathan, Kerry Washington, Lauren London or Stacy Dash be the winner as they are all truly gorgeous.

London, UK

#74 Apr 26, 2014
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what is wrong with her supporters - everything goes down to her being dark skinned. I can say that your only saying she's beautiful because she's dark skinned. I understand the dark skinned ladies haven't been receiving much shine lately, but its only because of convenience that people are promoting Lupita as beautiful.
She's a nothing-special looking woman - and I'm being kind. I don't blame anyone for thinking she's ugly/boyish-looking I bet you were posting trash like Fatty Sidibe was beautiful too
I agree. It seems to be a pity party.'Oh lets give it to the dark girl for once'.

I've even heard a couple people say they think the whole thing is obviously a gimmick, and I think that's definitely something worth considering to be true.

White media thought giving the likes of Beyonce and Rihanna lots of praise would silence black people up in our struggle to be accepted as 'black and beautiful' but they were wrong (although I do think lots of white folk genuinely do find those two attractive). They've finally latched onto the fact that constantly praising and awarding the lighter skinned females of the black community is causing upset and sometimes outrage. So BAM... what do they do? Go and name Lupita most beautiful woman as a means to not only shut dark black folk up (and dark skin blacks make up the majority of blacks), but to prove to the world that they aint colorist when it comes to female beauty. Two birds with one stone.

White guilt at it's best.
SadButTrue

Chantilly, VA

#75 Apr 26, 2014
blackjapanese wrote:
Im biracial and I think that Lupita is beautiful. I have heard biracial, light-skinned, darkskinned and even some African people say that she is unattractive and ugly. They are only saying that, because she is darkskinned. Halle Berry has always been average to me, and everyone thinks that Halle is the most beautiful woman on tv. When I think of the most beautiful black women in the world I think of Laura London, Gabriel Union, Trya Banks, Paula Patten and Niomi Campbell.
I would consider Luptia very beautiful too. Her skin is amazing and she looks naturally beautiful to me. It's about time that the world sees real ebony beauties, and this is coming from a exotic biracial female that is mixed with Asian.
Maceo

For a 60 year old man you seem very jealous and envious of light skin or mixed race people! I just don't get it!
michele

Houston, TX

#76 Apr 26, 2014
Lupita is beautiful to me. Shes lovely.

You people believe dark black skin women can't be beautiful. But it takes a real black woman like me to see true black beauty, because I'm not looking for some kinda connection to some other race & I'm not brainwashed by pink peoples centuries of mind control & brainwashing. I see what i see.

I don't see whats so great about nonblack people. I never have.

They copy everything black people do, all our slang, music dances etc. & then degrade us.

If I could live in a predominately black country I would love to. But Africa is full of caucasian people.

I see the beauty in my race. I feel for black people that have been brainwashed. I don't understand how people are so easily brainwashed. My brain does not operate like that.

Now i believe bi racial & light skinned blacks are much more attractive than caucasian women cause they have flavor soul and curves. They can dance,they don't sodomize animals & have sick strange fetishes.

Caucasian women are goofy, annoying & always babbling about who they are afraid of..

I have to admit, I love Joel osteen, he is the best thing to happen to the caucasian race. i go to his church.That man is a saint, he is one the chosen few, but 99.9% of pink devils don't relate to him. because They are devils.

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#77 Apr 26, 2014
HannahDe89 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know Adriana is of mixed heritage. Your point is what exactly? Did I state anywhere that she wasn't? No.
Pointing out white womens flaws as if I'm going to take offense when I'm not even white. Get your facts straight, we as black women wear weaves, get thinner noses (if we can afford it) some bleach, and ironically our biggest idol is beyonce (a blonde wig wearing, light skinned black and creole woman whose def had a nose nob) buy yet you want to rave on about white women's flaws looool dont make me laugh.
There is beauty in all races just like there are flaws. And that is the truth.
if you are BLACK I'm Chinese LIAR LMAO! Black women don't have to wear weave that's a choice just like when white women dye their hair their entire life an add extensions. Aka weave. You are also talking about HOLLYWOOD where ALL the celebrities wear weave, get nose jobs, Breast implants and these days azz implants. The average black woman is not getting a nose job or a breast job where as Becky charges her boob job lol! Now white chicks at the gym working hard trying to get an azz while black women have natural curves. White women age really really bad I mean it's sad no room to talk about anyone. White women are quick to talk about weave but the first ones burning their skin in the sun or spray tanning lmfao. Yes All races have their flaws but it's hilarious when white women ESPECIALLY try to down black women I'm like really. Lip injections huh? Plastic surgery queens have several seat. Ps Beyonce's mother is creole which is nothing but a light skin black of French African and native heritage no different than a light skin black with European, African and native heritage. Her father is black and Solange her sister is brown complexion and nobody goes around calling her creole and mixed and they have the same damn parents. There are plenty of white celebrities that dye their hair blonde and ??? Stop tanning then talk shi. This white chick think she fooling somebody lmfao Hannah ooook

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#78 Apr 26, 2014
HannahDe89 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It seems to be a pity party.'Oh lets give it to the dark girl for once'.
I've even heard a couple people say they think the whole thing is obviously a gimmick, and I think that's definitely something worth considering to be true.
White media thought giving the likes of Beyonce and Rihanna lots of praise would silence black people up in our struggle to be accepted as 'black and beautiful' but they were wrong (although I do think lots of white folk genuinely do find those two attractive). They've finally latched onto the fact that constantly praising and awarding the lighter skinned females of the black community is causing upset and sometimes outrage. So BAM... what do they do? Go and name Lupita most beautiful woman as a means to not only shut dark black folk up (and dark skin blacks make up the majority of blacks), but to prove to the world that they aint colorist when it comes to female beauty. Two birds with one stone.
Someone sounds jealous and the MAJORITY of blacks are not dark skin Gtfoh we come in ALL complexion a study was done and proved that the average black American was indeed brown in complexion not dark skin or light skin get your facts straight white girl
Cyrus

New York, NY

#79 Apr 26, 2014
HannahDe89 wrote:
<quoted text>
But you live in the UK?.
Cyrus

New York, NY

#80 Apr 26, 2014
This award is just most beautiful in name. Anyway, giving Lupita is still better than giving Gwyneth Paltrow the most beautiful .

“The Beating Heart Of Africa”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

Washington, DC

#81 Apr 26, 2014
Blaq honey wrote:
Lol, well you sure ain't holding back. I do find that with White women they tend to go downhill fast. I recently saw one of my old classmates from high school at the Mall. She is now 28, and her appearance changed drastically. She was not an ugly girl back in high school, but at 28 she looked 38. I didn't even recognize her until she came up to me. So what you're saying has some merit.

“The Beating Heart Of Africa”

Level 4

Since: Mar 10

Washington, DC

#82 Apr 26, 2014
She's cute, but to be named the most beautiful woman??? What criteria did they use I wonder?

“Karma”

Level 3

Location hidden

#83 Apr 26, 2014
Drogba__ wrote:
She's cute, but to be named the most beautiful woman??? What criteria did they use I wonder?
right I think she has beauty but it's the same when they name George Clooney most handsome man I'm like he's nice looking but Most handsome ??? No it's just for the magazine I think
Sadbutttrue

Chantilly, VA

#84 Apr 26, 2014
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> right I think she has beauty but it's the same when they name George Clooney most handsome man I'm like he's nice looking but Most handsome ??? No it's just for the magazine I think
Maceo

George Clooney is still fine and I hear its a nice guy but never commits so he has a fast turn over in women! He also has women that don't want to date him because of his selfish self centered desires to only use women!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need proof that the Ancient Egyptians Were No... (Oct '07) 4 min audy17 30,741
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min THE DEVIL 1,250,862
Black girls!!!we're not taking your men! we've ... 5 min Stupid Thread 139
All women prefer white men 6 min chimping_aint_easy 5,177
Who can play guitar better? Blacks or Asians? 7 min KIP 49
The Resillience of The Black Race 10 min coretta 1
Race War Probability? 14 min gibsmedat 20
I'm in love with Trish b from Topix 28 min Marcus washington 61
News Why the Confederate flag flies in SC 1 hr Alyssa4ever 2,051
I am a bm and I am sticking with bw. PERIOD! 2 hr bw are winning 129
More from around the web