Almoravid

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#593 May 4, 2014
IRBW wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want people to identify with you who do not wish too...Do you not feel comfortable in your light skin without attaching biracials & mixed race women with you?
Even some American biracials refuse to be labelled Black.
I heard V. Stiviano in a recent interview separated herself from Black people and referred to you and other Blacks as "them"..and never including herself (us) in the rants against Black people..
Another example would be one of "your" AA culture video models..who also references herself as half 7 half and not Black (and I see this often among biracial or mixed race Americans)....
http://web.stagram.com/p/711760669509245015_7...
It seems to me..that it's mostly SOME AA claiming these people are still Black..while many of them and others have long since stop embracing the one drop rule.
It's beautiful how America is changing, because not too long ago, they would have been just another n....r.

I remember Obama during his inauguration, stating:

Quote:

This is the meaning of our liberty and our creed, why men and women and children of every race and every faith can join in celebration across this magnificent mall; and why a man whose father less than 60 years ago might not have been served in a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath.
Almoravid

Rotterdam, Netherlands

#594 May 4, 2014
Blaq honey wrote:
<quoted text> you are BLACK
It could be that it's her mom, "fighting the cause".

http://web.stagram.com/n/msdecordon
Kha-linka

Ithaca, NY

#595 May 8, 2014
michele wrote:
Damn you pink demons are obssessed with hating on Lupita
Is it hard for you to sleep because people call Lupita beautiful, you insecure spawn of satan?
A black woman won a oscar & you demons are losing it about to pull all your stringly, lice infested hair out.
You can't stand for a black woman to be in the spotlight for a moment.
You pink people need to always be the center of attention & I get sick of looking at you people on my tv all the time.
Nothing but pink devils on every channel.
Stop hating for a moment. Just for a moment.
You evil spawns are so jealous of everybody. If you are supposed to be superior, why are you so jealous of everybody?
Go fuck your dog,you'll feel better.
Stop being so ignorant ..where did you get this frame of thought?
I never heard of such a thing..Pink demons?
Where did you learn such a strange and backward concept?
I wish I could laugh at you on your face and remind you to calm down.
Kha-linka

Ithaca, NY

#596 May 8, 2014
Kennyinbmore wrote:
<quoted text>
You're insane if you think she doesn't wear makeup
Whatever race she is : She is really pretty
Kha-linka

Ithaca, NY

#597 May 8, 2014
dev143 wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. You still aren't American.
What is so incredible about being an American?
To be honest I don't that to be an American is that interesting , or exciting.
Off course there are things about America that is cool , but other countries all over the world .also have good and bad aspects .
Stop being so pretentious..

“Real Black Men Speak English”

Level 4

Since: May 07

Bmore

#599 May 8, 2014
Kha-linka wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever race she is : She is really pretty
No disagreement here

“AFRO beauty”

Since: Oct 13

Location hidden

#600 May 8, 2014
IRBW wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you want people to identify with you who do not wish too...Do you not feel comfortable in your light skin without attaching biracials & mixed race women with you?
Even some American biracials refuse to be labelled Black.
I heard V. Stiviano in a recent interview separated herself from Black people and referred to you and other Blacks as "them"..and never including herself (us) in the rants against Black people..
Another example would be one of "your" AA culture video models..who also references herself as half 7 half and not Black (and I see this often among biracial or mixed race Americans)....
http://web.stagram.com/p/711760669509245015_7...
It seems to me..that it's mostly SOME AA claiming these people are still Black..while many of them and others have long since stop embracing the one drop rule.
your dealing with semantics and personal opinions of individuals. there are mixed people who would curse you out if you told them they were not black! then there are those who don't care for that label. there are Africans here who identify as black and others who don't;

the point is, here in America we take no sides concerning who wants to identify as what: if you have the corresponding phenotype you will BE CONSIDERED BLACK. its not about us wanting you to identify with us; we don't need you in any shape, form or fashion. we are simply explaining to you what the American social construct is whether you like it or not. we are not the only ones that will consider you black if you fit the bill, so will whites, Asians, Mexicans, etc..etc.. so I don't know why you are so mad at us

its simply American culture to label people according to race first and then ethnicity and culture when it comes to skin color and phenotype.

don't like it, stay in your own country.

AGAIN, we AA are not trying to claim you here. where just telling you how it is.

“AFRO beauty”

Location hidden

#601 May 8, 2014
I wish AA would leave these foreigners alone. I don't say nothing to them unless they say something to me if I can tell right off they are not American....I just don't really like them and the more I see or hear what they have to say the more I don't like em!

you have to be a SUPER cool black foreigner for me to have ANY thing to do with you.
Floresca

Paris, France

#602 May 8, 2014
I'm so glad Lupita Nyong'o got elected the most beautiful woman by People Magazine.

I noticed a lot of haters try to diminish and discredit her victory saying there are more beautiful women than her out there.

But there were also way more beautiful women than Gwyneth Paltrow or Jennifer Lopez walking this Earth and people didn't seem to complain as much when they won the title.
People were also more quiet when the white women dipped in watered-down chocolate Beyoncé Knowles and Halle Berry got elected.

It's sad some people are so conditionned by white standards of beauty that they can't see Lupita Nyong'o is beautiful.
And she deserves it even more because she didn't try to be someone she's not or fit a certain standard.

Lupita Nyong'o is a role model as she's also educated and she sends a healthy message to black girls all around the world.
Great choice, People Magazine!
Lisa

Tulsa, OK

#603 May 8, 2014
Ms DP wrote:
<quoted text>
your dealing with semantics and personal opinions of individuals. there are mixed people who would curse you out if you told them they were not black! then there are those who don't care for that label. there are Africans here who identify as black and others who don't;
the point is, here in America we take no sides concerning who wants to identify as what: if you have the corresponding phenotype you will BE CONSIDERED BLACK. its not about us wanting you to identify with us; we don't need you in any shape, form or fashion. we are simply explaining to you what the American social construct is whether you like it or not. we are not the only ones that will consider you black if you fit the bill, so will whites, Asians, Mexicans, etc..etc.. so I don't know why you are so mad at us
its simply American culture to label people according to race first and then ethnicity and culture when it comes to skin color and phenotype.
don't like it, stay in your own country.
AGAIN, we AA are not trying to claim you here. where just telling you how it is.
Let's not be silly...People don't come to America to change who they are...Immigration has been a major contributor to America's population and cultural growth...in fact..foreigners have played huge roles within AA history and culture as well...
So nobody is mad with you..Why do some of you take a differences in opinions so personal?
I understand this is how some of you feel...it could be based on your own environment and personal observation....for me..it's simply different...You're not talking to someone who has never lived in America around AAs, hispanics, Asians,Whites, etc..
and from my personal experience in the surroundings I've been in...People tend to accept you for what you wish to be (within reason of course)...I don't think many people stress out about someone who looks mixed raced Blacks to identify as Black..it just didn't happen in my experience..If a person was mixed raced with Black...and others saw Black, but they corrected them..and said they were "mixed" or a certain nationality..nobody really cared and force them to be Black around them.. The one drop rule went out years ago (the only ones who hold on to it is SOME AAs and a few others)...People are more acceptance of people labelling themselves whatever they please.."within reason"..I guess
Lisa

Tulsa, OK

#604 May 8, 2014
Kha-linka wrote:
<quoted text>
What is so incredible about being an American?
To be honest I don't that to be an American is that interesting , or exciting.
Off course there are things about America that is cool , but other countries all over the world .also have good and bad aspects .
Stop being so pretentious..
c/s
Lisa

Tulsa, OK

#605 May 8, 2014
Ms DP wrote:
<quoted text>

AGAIN, we AA are not trying to claim you here..
You speak of all AAs (then see post #583)?
If so..then maybe you can tell Blaq Honey to stop claiming me as being a (light skinned) Black (women) like her..maybe she will listen to another AA and all.....
Thanks!
:D
Lisa

Tulsa, OK

#606 May 8, 2014
*You speak for all
*(woman)
Logicalism

United States

#607 May 8, 2014
Most media (I'd bet 97%) is propaganda. There's an ulterior motive to almost everything you see on TV, in movies and on the radio today.
kha-linka

Ithaca, NY

#608 May 8, 2014
Ms DP wrote:
I wish AA would leave these foreigners alone. I don't say nothing to them unless they say something to me if I can tell right off they are not American....I just don't really like them and the more I see or hear what they have to say the more I don't like em!
you have to be a SUPER cool black foreigner for me to have ANY thing to do with you.
And you have to be truly worldly , non judgmental ,charismatic, smart, and have an incredible insight in the human soul , for me to give you a minute of my time.

“AFRO beauty”

Location hidden

#609 May 15, 2014
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text> You speak of all AAs (then see post #583)?
If so..then maybe you can tell Blaq Honey to stop claiming me as being a (light skinned) Black (women) like her..maybe she will listen to another AA and all.....
Thanks!
:D
shes not trying to claim you. she simply reiterated the point that if you fit the bill, here in America you will be labeled "black" and not only will we call you black but whites, Asians, Mexicans,... etc. will also. being labeled "black" does not mean you are considered Afro-American. the only way you can truly be Afro-American is that your parents have lineage in Antebellum times but there are exceptions; like if your parents or grandparents were here before the Civil Rights struggle.

don't flatter yourself; we DONT NEED to claim others as part of our specific group.

this is what gets on my nerves about you people. you make issues with us that mean nothing and definitely ain't important to us. you need to deal with the individual in front of you that is trying to claim you as one of their own. im sure nobodies group wants to claim you.
Its a Zoo

Eskilstuna, Sweden

#610 May 15, 2014
Is there any poster on topix who is not light skin? Even Lisa from sychelles is light skin. Is topix light skin people central?

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#611 May 15, 2014
then name me one goddamn white actress in hollywood that is hotter than lupita?!?!? lmcao!!!
kate winslet?
sarah jessica parker?
amy adams?
who?!!?
LMCAO!!!!!
these whites always overrate themselves and think they're sooooo hot when they're basically average
Jax

Whitestone, NY

#612 May 16, 2014
GorgeousCambodianGuy wrote:
then name me one goddamn white actress in hollywood that is hotter than lupita?!?!? lmcao!!!
kate winslet?
sarah jessica parker?
amy adams?
who?!!?
LMCAO!!!!!
these whites always overrate themselves and think they're sooooo hot when they're basically average
All white actress are hotter than this manly Lupita.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#613 May 16, 2014
Jax wrote:
<quoted text>
All white actress are hotter than this manly Lupita.
u wish

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

African-American Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hebrew Israelite (Feb '11) 11 min Glimmer 95,832
Yeeaahh Booyyy! Amber Vinson BEAT Ebola In 9 Da... 12 min AFC South 12
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Bluestater 1,126,705
Why do blacks claim to be the true Israelites? ... (May '11) 17 min Black Knight 7,553
Blacks Destroy Whites In Racial Debates 30 min Typically 293
Who are more athletic Blacks or Polynesians? (Oct '12) 33 min Samoan Irish 39
the moors were black africans not arabs!!! (Jun '08) 34 min dreamhunk 25,625
Why do WM have all the women, power, prestige, ... 1 hr Harrisson 59
17 yr old Black kid lynched for dating white woman 1 hr Nat Turner 275
Is ISIS racist? 1 hr Hetero-Sapien 52

African-American People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE